• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Shooting the Bad Guys - Fox GD/Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Oh and I hope Falco gets a rocket launcher from Starfox Assault xD. In SSB4 we will not have Snake. It would be greate, when Falco has the rocket launcher. ^^

Oh and... how can I upload a picture for my profile?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In SSB4 we will not have Snake.
Don't make stuff up. You have no source for this. I can tell.

So far, no character has been cut.

Snake doesn't look like he's going anywhere.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
You know how characters say stuff when attacking? Well I think fox only needs one thing to say for everything. RING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING. I hate that song, but I still had to post this.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
He is THE best in Melee, in capable hands, along with Falco. Even with his ease of chain grab, he still places 15th on Brawl's current list. Not half bad. That Up Smash is killer, probably the best in the game if you consider speed, power, hitboxes etc. He was my main back in SSB64, but I passed him up for Falco in Melee (liked his spike better) and Wolf in Brawl. Still second him though.
7th in Japan too :)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
"Fox McCloud's Blaster - it can open up."
Is.. Is that a hint?

Imagine if he'd be able to use the gun in more than one way this time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm not exactly what that quote implies but long as nothing stupid comes along like overheating so you can't SHL consistenly anymore, it doesn't bother me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
"Fox McCloud's Blaster - it can open up."
Is.. Is that a hint?

Imagine if he'd be able to use the gun in more than one way this time.
My guess is that he'll be able to do the Smash 64 laser if you hold it slightly longer.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I'd imagine a change in the Blaster mechanics, and maybe the Fire Fox. I'd love to see his Throws adjusted a bit.

G-Sword

Smash Journeyman
I'd like a Fox that doesn't get chaingrabbed to hell and back, thank you very much~! Its really saddening. This character takes so much skill to play on high levels and just gets destroyed by chaingrabs. Maybe reduce his fallspeed slightly so he's less vulnerable?
agreed makes no sense

Fox was pretty overpowered in Melee, but I feel that they did really well at balancing him in Brawl.
i strongly disargee. they did not balance him out well in brawl. see below.

I would like to see Fox a little bit more powerfull. Not just only fast but also powerfull. Fox is a legend in ssb! Andross 4 ssb4!
agreed. if fox is one of the lightest characters in the game, fox doesn't really have little tricks too him like diddy kong laying his nanas, olimar and his pikmin, snake and his weapons, fox is a straight up fighter. only has one projectile attack and everything is attacks he has to get close with. he should have more damage% to his attacks, more knockback with his smash attacks or have more than just one good way to finish off people at a decent %. in brawl he really only had his UpSmash as a reliable finishing move, UpAir was nerfed and hard to land, BackAir was great when it connected but honestly to me wasnt strong enough considering how hard it is to land effectively, SideSmash and DownSmash werent reliable. in 64, fox had his speed and smash attacks, which might not have done the most damage but had good knockback. thats what fox's signature was too me. i felt like they kept it right in melee but in brawl they didnt. they had characters with alot of gimmicks (ddk, snake, olimar, wario) or characters that already had way too many pros (MK) have better smash attacks and ways of killing than fox. fox just really had UpSmash which was way too predictable and easily exploited

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
For a character who is known for being fast paced and hand to hand battle oriented?

Come on, now..

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OP comes to mind.
He's still gated by his weight, fallspeed and potentially short range when close up.

He has a blaster to help in a ranged battle, but his actually range on his moves up close is pretty poor.

Granted if they mess up balancing that, we get Melee Fox.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Not to say Fox's sliding Usmash in Brawl was bad, of course. Just that extra distance would be a good addition for the approach and KO game.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox would have been perfect in Brawl and probably at least high tier if it weren't for 0-death chains from Sheik and Pika... Assuming those don't happen again, it should be fun.

I'm still convinced he had one of the best anti-MK games in Brawl... he just wasn't really usable in tourneys, for the most part, so his metagame was under-developed. sad...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Fox fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Currently, Fox is pretty high and looks like he's a lock, but voting for him couldn't hurt.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Hoping for Fox to be higher on the tier list this time, hopefully higher than the other Star Fox characters. :cool:

thesandman

Smash Cadet
Hey guys first post. My main in brawl and melee was falco. Do you think i could get a few reasons about either he being confirmed or reasons why he wont be rejoining the fight. thanks it is greatly apreciated

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
There's something a little scary that I found while watching the Direct.
As you can see, Toon Link isn't getting hit at all by Fox's shine. Watch the Nintendo Direct at 12:50 and you can see that Toon Link is in contact with Fox within frame 1 of the shine animation. Does this mean shine spiking is getting removed? I certainly hope not. Here's a link to the timestamp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs#t=12m50s

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
There's something a little scary that I found while watching the Direct.
I believe Toon Link using Jab 1 avoided the Reflector hitbubble (which is actually pretty small). Even though it's not a perfect comparison (as the animations are different), here's a similar happening from Brawl;

Even though Toon Link is within Reflector range, when Toon Link uses Jab 1 he crouches and manages to avoid the attack.
If Toon Link just stood idle...
Something else I found out while testing this is that Reflector doesn't hit on frame 1. There's a frame of initiation and another 1-2? frames of the Reflector animation.
I also feel pretty stupid because I also found out you have free reign over turning Fox around while in Reflector... I play Fox often and never knew that...

Anyway, I hope I helped! But if the shine spike is indeed gone that'd change Fox entirely for me...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Star Fox Series are the most interesting series in ssb4 atm, imo.
We've only got Fox so far. No Falco, no Wolf, and no newcomer.
I gotta say it's really exciting to see what Sakurai's got in store for us.

I'm hoping for a complete Falco Remake.
He'd use the sniper from Starfox Assault, which'd work similar to Link's Bow&Arrow, only that it fires a laser in a straight line with a bit of knockback.

Best of all, Fox'd get his old blaster back.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
he's holding back for sure... It's most likely that falco'll return once again as he's a veteran, but I wouldn't mind seeing him getting replaced by Wolf... They should at least change Falco more than just jumping and running different from fox... brawl was a bit better in differences, but it was still a clone with the same kind of attacks...

Rhus

We're going top speed!
It sounded like his Starfox 64 3DS voice, which is the same as his SF64 voice iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom