• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Shooting the Bad Guys - Fox GD/Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Assuming that wavedashing/landing and L-canceling won't be a thing in smash4, fox would need a near lagless dair/nair. Or have the ability to cancel those moves endlag into certain moves (i.e. drill cancels into utilt, shine, or grab on characters that fall)

Sice wavedashing/landing won't exist, 64 style shine canceling would be anazing and give fox a pseudo waveland (if shine can still be JC'd)

For balance things his usmash should be weaker (makes me shudder to say that lol) and shine should have less hitsun on an aerial opponent (making shine spikes a little worse)
But I think he should have his 64 drill. Or at least a cross between melee and 64 drill.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would like to see Fox a little bit more powerfull. Not just only fast but also powerfull. Fox is a legend in ssb! Andross 4 ssb4!
Fox wasn't exactly built to be a heavy hitter. Of course, some of his attacks are stronger than others; the u-smash and u-air are some examples.

Orange Fox

Smash Cadet
Fox will be in Smash Bros 4! He's my dawg, but they need to not gay him. In 64 and Melee he was 2nd best and best character. In Brawl they gayed him. They need to keep his Melee speed and maybe reduce how he gets combo'd so easily be being a fast faller.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Why has no one suggested a chargeable blaster?

In starfox 64 and assault you could charge your shot when playing as fox on the ground. Love the idea of taunting to put on shades. Actually, would like to see that in alot of characters. If a fourth taunt isn't added ya got a spare button for shades.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I love the shades idea. Sakurai should just give Fox his Star Fox appearance. Totally serious. I've always liked those puppets.
But I think they should take Star Fox Adventure Fox with 64 clothes. Or even just keep the jacket from Adventure! I love that design. It was truely perfect.
Chargeable blaster sounds meh to me. That'd be a better fit on Wolf.
Maybe Fox needs a somewhat new moveset? I'd be against it but if Sakurai intends to keep the feel of Brawl then Fox's current style and move set really doesn't work anymore. That's probably just me though.

:phone:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Fox is perfect as is. Imo the most well-balanced character in the game. Nothing needs to be changed. Damage-racking blaster, shine, decent recovery, great combo ability and excellent finishers balanced by low weight and fast falling. Him and Wolf need not be changed at all. Falco should have a pinch less priority, but nothing too big either, other than maybe some more unique moves from Fox in addition to his current ones.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not much I would change for good old Fox. He's been one of my mains since Melee along with the Mario Bros. Though he only really needs to harder to chain-grab. I really do feel like he's one of the most balanced characters in Brawl. And by far one of the best in Melee.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Not much I would change for good old Fox. He's been one of my mains since Melee along with the Mario Bros. Though he only really needs to harder to chain-grab. I really do feel like he's one of the most balanced characters in Brawl. And by far one of the best in Melee.
He is THE best in Melee, in capable hands, along with Falco. Even with his ease of chain grab, he still places 15th on Brawl's current list. Not half bad. That Up Smash is killer, probably the best in the game if you consider speed, power, hitboxes etc. He was my main back in SSB64, but I passed him up for Falco in Melee (liked his spike better) and Wolf in Brawl. Still second him though.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
In Melee the best up smash was probably Pikachu's when considered out of context. But Fox's extreme mobility and comboing prowess makes his far more useful to him than Pika.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Fox was pretty overpowered in Melee, but I feel that they did really well at balancing him in Brawl. Only thing I'd change is his appearance, with the release of Star Fox 64 3D it'd be fitting to see his model return to his most iconic look.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Fox was pretty overpowered in Melee, but I feel that they did really well at balancing him in Brawl. Only thing I'd change is his appearance, with the release of Star Fox 64 3D it'd be fitting to see his model return to his most iconic look.
I agree. Fox is defiantly one of those characters you don't need to change. I'd say he's perfectly balanced.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I liked both Fox and Falco's designs from Brawl better than those from Melee.

Brawl's designs are actually a blend of the Command and 64 designs with some details added. That said, I'm quite curious to see how Fox and all the other characters will look in the new game.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox's blaster should go near infinite distance like falco's since it doesn't stun, and Falco's should be the one that has the shorter range; not the other way around. Why they thought it was fair in brawl is beyond me.

In melee it worked because lasers weren't nearly as fast nor good as they are in brawl.

If fox is to be a top tier character in smash 4, he just needs an approach. Otherwise he's already a solid character on the low end of high tier. Not being chain grabbed by like every character in the game (even toon link has a cg on him) would help too.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice

His design looks a bit better in the artwork, but his game model looks nearly identical to how it was in Brawl. I was hoping that they would tone down the bell-head or the Bugs Bunny shoes!

Maybe they'll update the models more over time.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wasn't doubting that some models would be ported to SSB4 then reworked over time, and I think this is one example of it.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Megaman moveset looks very very impressive. I think Fox can take some movement concepts from him. Like B-Down being throwable (not as falco´s, with control) and making charged B-Neutral attacks. I hope to Fox to be more powerful in SSB4. Fans deserve it. In Brawl he seemed a little bit infrapowered. If you know how to use it, he can be very competitive. But it is not that easy like some annoying extremely easy to use trolling characters like (sorry mr. sakurai) Pit

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I really do hope that Fox is improved from Brawl. I mean, I think Fox can be fine in Brawl because he still seems to be relatively hard to use efficiently. Though I fear that he might have bad MUs with new chars...... I hope Sakurai will give some more love to Fox...

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
DAE worry that Fox might be the only rep from his franchise in the next Smash game? Despite everything, Falco is still essentially a clone, and while Wolf plays pretty differently, the series hasn't retained its relevance over the years. The information we have about SSB4 makes me think we are only going to get the essential Nintendo franchise characters, and I don't know what that would mean for Star Fox.

Jet300

Smash Ace
Fox needs slower fall speed to be top tier so he won't be easily chain grab by like every character.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
It'd be great if they removed cgs all together but then it is kind of out of possibility... I think Fox need more positive changes than that though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom