• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Nothing I say here I wouldn't say to your face under similar conditions. When I see someone act like an arrogant jerk, I'm going to point it out. If they blurt out a long winded speech that attacks and insults me, I'm going to speak up. Maybe I'm over emotional, maybe I'm ignorant on some things, but, as Joey said, by god I've got First Amendment rights and I'm going to use them. Maybe other people want to pent up their anger and slide it in on people every once in a while, but I'm passed that. I'm done holding on to anger, letting opportunities pass by, just to bring it up later out of place and context. I'm going to speak my mind when my mind wants to speak and **** you if you think I shouldn't. Eloquent? No. Honest? Yes.

Someone pissed me off, someone I would call a friend, I'm going to tell them why. Problem?
^Yes problem. Like mentioned earlier, you need to see WHY Vman is saying these things, then maybe you could understand. Corey I know you came into the scene (again) AFTER all this stuff with Tim and AZ happened. I think you would be a lot more lenient if you got the full story of why he doesn't attend AZ tourneys anymore, and I don't blame him the slightest bit for doing so.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@jeff: no one's going to cheer for you if they assume you're going to win. it's nothing personal; that's just how hype works. hell, tony's the only reason i have anyone cheering for me in-state (aside from phoenix vs tucson, but if it came down to a relatively close match in that situation, i guarantee you that phx people would cheer for you), and i haven't seen a quarter of the success that you have.

i'm also going to go out on a limb and defend xander to an extent here. yes, he shouldn't have called you a flake. he owned up to that. he went too far to say that he had "zero respect" for you and tim, but he said that in frustration (which was elaborated in his post right before your response to him) mostly because tim's attitude towards the whole conflict (you guys don't understand common sense, you guys don't know the full story, but i'm not going to tell you why because it won't change anything) was aggravating him. if your hostility towards xander is simply because he decided to oppose you and tim, then i'm going to have to say that you're being way biased because it doesn't seem (i might be wrong) that you're even taking xander's grievances into account. if i'm completely off and your hostility towards him has something to do with the actual content of his arguments, then feel free to do whatever you want.

also, you won't respect xander no matter how hard he tries to change his ways and improve as a person? that just sounds defensive, vindictive, and childish. i expected you of all people to be more understanding towards someone trying to make himself a better person.

random nitpick, i could've sworn that you said you were going to the last THC (according to tony) and ended up not going, but overall, your lack of attendance is not because of "flakiness" in the strict sense of the word.

@timmy: hindsight is 20/20, and the big picture is always easier to see from the outside looking in. even if it's not me, i'd appreciate it if you treated whoever it is you disagree with with a little more respect as human beings with their own thoughts and perspectives. to me, it looks like you seriously see "tucson" (for lack of a better term for whoever you have a problem with) as a bunch of malicious, mindless robots who are incapable of putting 2 and 2 together. it really doesn't help the conflict at all and just comes off as condescending when you say that so-and-so is incapable of understanding "common sense" that you can see clear as day. you probably don't fully grasp how you can rub some people the wrong way since it's your own actions, and others are the same way, so please stop assuming the blame lies on everyone else for not seeing the error in their ways. the blame lies on many people, and i'm sure i'm in some way guilty.

EDIT: how can corey see why tim is saying these things when tim is making it a very clear point not to tell us anything?

Corigames

Smash Hero
There was a time when I felt like AZ had turned it's back on me. I turned into a massive troll. I became spiteful and hateful of everyone due to the actions of a few. I was hurt in a way I had not been hurt before because I had not expect to be betrayed by people in this community. This was years ago, and I was able to get over it in a couple months and retaliated by putting on a successful 40-man-tournament, basically, on my own. I'm not sure how deep the things I've been told run in him, but, at some point, you got to stop letting other people get to you. It tears you apart and does you no good.
Trent and I use to get at each others' throats, but we would always come back together at the end of the day. He taught me a lot, about smash and about friendship. Part of that was learning to say what you are thinking to the other person, so that they know. Any time we were mad, things were cool by the next day. Why? Because we didn't harbor our resentment for each other, we put it on the table. If you want to ***** about people not understanding you, yet continue to hide your feelings, that's a ***** move. That puts everyone else in an uncontrollably handicapped position of being guilty of something they don't know with no rout toward fixing it.
You guys want to treat whatever happened to Tim like a big secret and then get mad at me when I'm not sensitive to what happened. Well, guess the **** what? That makes no sense. I've now gotten it from 3 people in one night of posting, "You just don't understand." Yeah, I don't. I'm acting upon the knowledge I have and, frankly, that's all I really need. If I see some drunk harassing a person, I'm going to stop him. I don't need to know about his life story to know that that person is being a jerk at that moment. Tim got done wrong. Ok. So when he comes on the boards once a blue moon just to remind us all how pathetic we are, I'm just suppose to nod my head and say, "Wow, I don't know what that's about, but I guess I deserve it."
Absolutely not. I'm going to say something about it. So I did. Got it?

AXE 09

Smash Master
I do understand why almost everyone cheers against me. All I'm saying is that it sucks, and it's not fun to me. That's just one of the reasons why I don't enjoy going to these tourneys as much anymore. I'm happy to be respected as a good player but holy crap it sucks (to me). I miss being a rising player; I used to have so much more fun.

Xander just pisses me the hell off. That's all I gotta say about him.

And about the last THC, I actually did request off of work on time cuz Tony told me about it over a month in advanced, and I planned on going 100% but then he told me that it was gonna be cancelled cuz he didn't think he could get off work. So I made other plans on that day, but then he said he ended up getting off work and announced the tourney a few days before it happened, and I was debating whether I should go through with the plans I made or go to the tourney.
I know, no johns, and I'm sorry if I made it sound like I was going. Maybe I do deserve to be called a flake so I'm sorry.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@Tai - yes you were indeed part of it, Seems you already know this... I'm glad, yes others were part of it too, fine... One thing that scares me in response to your "If Tim's not gonna say anything" I ALREADY SAID it... long time ago...MULTIPLE TIMES, Heck even Taj, and Jackie, know the understanding of it and we both rarely even talk...I know there are many situations that you and I have talked, and I'd either advise you or help you on how to make things easier for certain people to play this game, not just with you, but with the community. Then for some reason in Vman's "decline" and return to the game, after being in the AF, Vman must have no value now, because his "abilities" as a player has deteriorated slightly. Oh a character change all the "sudden" Yep he's useless, and never was a notable player in our community, nope not all.

What i'm technically wrong on is "expecting" everyone to understand how I felt at the time, but considering that Jeff, Taj, Jackie, saw, perhaps I was "hoping" others would see it too... so if anything THAT is what i'm completely wrong on, so that indeed is 100% my fault, however the fact is I HAVE STATED what was wrong, and it was merely just overlooked/ignored...with it being overlooked/ignored, now I have this mental block/mindset to not care about much of the community.. I mean why should I, noone cared enough of what was bothering me, that it was simply ignored/overlooked, so why should I care back? to be the better person? I WAS ALREADY the better person, to begin with, at the time I hadn't offended anyone! I helped players get better at the game, I did IRL favors for people financially, I helped advise people on how to make other certain people happier, (whether in the game, or in real life) I even changed some people's mindsets of the game, (tier lists, beliefs, how it should be played, etc) and in the end, it was like all that was forgotten, and the same "values" I was helping these people with just happened to forgot who I was, as if I had NOTHING to do with the scene at all. These are just mere examples, and what I've said above "merely" scratches the surface..

Either way, I'm not going to look back in the threads and search for multiple of my MANY wall of texts that I've wrote, explaining these things... Someone will find something, eventually,
(I should actually find them and delete them, It's prolly the best way I'll get over it, that way someone can say, I never posted it to begin with.)

@Corey - this IS what I feel, in response there was a time AZ turned it's back on me... My case is AZ DID TURN IT'S BACK ON ME, due to a select fews actions.. Only difference I'm not as forgiving as you are, and to let it go in months.. ESPECIALLY considering the fact that I openly stated what it was that was bothering me.. Problem still persisted. As for coming back, and reminding everyone sure I will.. Some people understood, and saw it, perhaps I'm simply trying to make others see it.

Sure it's a douche move, but you ever think maybe it is the only way i'll forgive everything? Of course not. AZ sees themselves, not the person they've wronged.

@AZ
We're a selfish/prideful state that JOHNS when X player beats Y player, due to a MU, or X player, whines, about what character Y player is using because it's not a "real character," and only care about their own selfish ambition, rather than accept the fact, that maybe that player wants to actually play the character. Nah, that can't be it.

If I choose YLink vs a Peach/Marth main, (perhaps not as good as I am) to learn the character to further develop my metagame, would AZ, play the MU, to help both players or would the other player choose someone "not their main" to avoid potential embarrassment of losing to a "bad character? Again selfish. New player from outta town comes in and joins the AZ crew, sweet hype right??!! That player(s) exceeds expectations and does well, and happens to play a character that another desires to play. (AZ definition = only one player should play that character, the other player = (stick to your character, don't change or else we won't shutup/desire to play you unless you go back to what you're ALREADY good at. Again, selfish/one sided.

Then the In game johns begin "OMG I blocked," "WTF""so stupid""that move is so cheap""the only move you're hitting me with is (insert move here.") "You're nothing without (insert move here) "I would've won, if I was playing better" "I made so many errors," "You ONLY won because you have the advantage of the MU" You only won because I don't know the MU, etc.. I could go on for years about AZ's johns.... For those of you that JOHN all the time,
WHICH IS DAMN NEAR ALL OF YOU
, you ever think of it from the opponents perspective? You ever think of their messups, or how they're playing? Of course you don't, you're too busy complaining about your own faults to begin with to fail to even notice the possibilities of "Hey, my opponent could be messing up too, but since the opponent is still "winning/punishing, we see it as, "Oh they must be playing perfectly"...

This game has WAY too much depth, to play at a "perfect level," which is exactly why all the excuses/johns whatever you wanna call it shouldn't even be happening, yet it continues to happen. There will NEVER be a match where X player/Y player do EVERYTHING that is desired in a match... EVER!!
If this was the case, we'd have MANY more than just one JV 5 stock, and even then, Taj has errors in this MU too, and he's the clear winner.
The relevance of hearing your "johns" is pointless because there will NEVER, EVER be a match when both players are doing everything desired, it simply isn't possible. (but just because X player won by WHATEVER amount, we must make ourselves feel better by degrading someone else.. to give yourself a better peace of mind.. Yeah, that's bull****. All you're doing is taking away from the other person(s) accomplishments. (Trust me I know from personal experience, because when Axe+I joined the scene, for those veterans who remember the T5 tournament, I was FULL OF JOHNS, taking away the victory that GMO/Yoko
<--- sorry if their names are wrong, it's been a LONG TIME
got on myself+Axe. Just because we were the better individual players, I did everything I could to defend my/Axe's value/skill as players, failing to realize, I was only degrading others. I felt like ****, and didnt' realize the harm I was causing, those players

I'm not stating facts such as these ^ to sound like a know it all, It's simply because I too, had made the mistake. Only difference is, I learned, and LEARNED quickly to not take that away from someone else... This will always likely continue... since were so competent, but there are boundaries between competent, and downright disrespectful, and most of us are flirtin with it. I'll still most likely watch a set, and as an end result, see "salt" or JOHNS left and right from player(s) or a controller flying across the room, or some kind of disrespect towards two individual players... Competitive or not, respect is the main thing our state needs an increase in.

My entire smash career, I've only taught 2 players.
More like 6, but only 2 from like the ground up practically.
and that's Jeff+Joey...

I don't need to elaborate/explain the details I did to make Jeff so successful, because he did the REAL work to become successful as he is today, I simply just guided his path, and gave him the correct mindset to have, to not give up on his character/dream, and of course to not make excuses for his faults/losses... Jeff is honestly the last player you'll see complaining about why he lost, he'll merely just get better, practice, and learn from it. Complaining won't make him a better player, it'll simply just give him more reason to doubt himself. Many people ask Jeff, How'd you get so good? what'd you do to practice? I do all you did, and train etc, and I'm not improving? It's funny because MOST if not all of our ELITE players at least have a similar mindset that he has... I wonder, if anyone noticed that? One particularly has recently realized this, and is becoming one of our best, and the other is in the midst of realizing this right now as we speak.. and will soon catch up. It's amazing what mere "realization" can do.

Sure Joey was different in many ways, but he practically came out of nowhere, and was able to compete with most of our scene within months... It amazes me to this day honestly.. Granted, Joey, did indeed "john" for a bit about things, but like myself he learned rather quickly to just shutup and learn from it...so I guess in that sense he took a siding to me... He's alot like me, he felt wronged, at points, so he's not as close/involved as he once used to be.

I'm not going to call out, those of you who do this, there's no need, You all know who you are,
It's just sad that it's most of you
Again, this is only an example, but it's a MAJOR example...

I don't know what more I need to put, but i asked advice from someone I look up to, and I'm just saying what I feel I need to say. So there I said the problem(s)
again
and spoke my mind... As I've stated, I wasn't intending to hide anything, just trying to make the big picture, (that I believed was easy to see) easier. For the most part, I respect MOST of the community here, however, there are/were problems, that weren't realized soon enough, and were just overlooked, so that and a mixture of my pride is perhaps why it bothers me so much to this day...

I still "respect" this community believe it or not I do, I just feel like I was wrongfully treated, me feeling this way, It makes sense why I have such feelings towards our community however, which is what I felt noone understood....

That's all..
(It's alot)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey Jeff, why not share with me what pisses you off? I can't fix what I don't know.

To be fair, Tim, you can't expect us to remember everything you have ever said. It's clear that we aren't getting the point(s) you're trying to make. And to be fair, your refusal to reiterate on the issue is just as bad as refusing to say so in the first place.

Also, ambiguous statements like you know who you are don't help your case either. All you're doing is living in the past when people are very obviously trying to figure out what your Guy's problems are so we can mend broken bridges.

:phone:

Corigames

Smash Hero
I john a lot. I know it makes people hate playing with me. I try not to do it, but the salt is overwhelming. I get too pissed to play right, then I get too pissed to play at all. I don't know why I do it or why I can't stop, because I know it's bad for me. It's just what I naturally result to doing.

If the best players have this mindset, and it only came after extreme amounts of training and understanding or being a particular kind of person with a particular mindset going into it, how can you get mad at people for being salty because they didn't have the opportunities a lot of other people had? If you showed Axe and Joey how to be great players, why can't the same be for everyone else? How does getting salty about the community help anyone with seeing how to overcome that mindset when, it looks to me, like you're still in it, but just not with the game itself.

I use to get better because of my salt. I use to get frustrated over losing and use that to turn into adrenaline, focus, and perseverance. Now it just gets in the way, but I'm so use to it working. It feels so right to rage out when the pressure is on, but I can't force myself to win be being the Hulk. Pro play doesn't work that way, I know. I also know that I get VERY nervous when I play other people. My hands shake, my legs shake, I get itchy feelings, my heart pounds, etc. I get worked up when I actually get to sit down with other people, and that nervousness tends to lead into saltines as well. But that boils down more to my contention with the community which is that no one ever wants to play anymore unless it's tourney games. The only people that ever do friendlies is Jackie, Ruby, and, more recently, Taj. Other people I live by are hardly available (whether that's by choice of by school), so I've kinda given up on asking over the last couple months and just tried to focus on training mode-style practice. This also leads to self frustration because I don't feel like I'm improving whatsoever while everyone else is leagues ahead of me.

We've all got problems, Tim. It's just that, for most of us, our problems don't get in the way of our friendships. Give any AZ player 5 minutes after a match and they'll be telling you how sorry they were for the salt they were giving you. I love these guys, and you & Jeff.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Just wanted to point out that even if these offensive/defensive/passive-aggressive/whatever-you-wanna-call-them posts were the only way any of you communicated with each other, you'd still be more respectful than the CO scene. So ... everyone here should have a slightly higher opinion of themselves and others. Give yourselves (and others) some credit, because A) it's true, and B) if you don't, then nobody will.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
@Tai - Then for some reason in Vman's "decline" and return to the game, after being in the AF, Vman must have no value now, because his "abilities" as a player has deteriorated slightly. Oh a character change all the "sudden" Yep he's useless, and never was a notable player in our community, nope not all.

What i'm technically wrong on is "expecting" everyone to understand how I felt at the time, but considering that Jeff, Taj, Jackie, saw, perhaps I was "hoping" others would see it too... so if anything THAT is what i'm completely wrong on, so that indeed is 100% my fault, however the fact is I HAVE STATED what was wrong, and it was merely just overlooked/ignored...with it being overlooked/ignored, now I have this mental block/mindset to not care about much of the community.. I mean why should I, noone cared enough of what was bothering me, that it was simply ignored/overlooked, so why should I care back? to be the better person?
Dude, in all honesty, no one (at least I didn't) thought you "declined" as a player because you went to the airforce.

What we DID think was that since Chris, Jackie, and I had gotten WAAAAYYYY better in the time that you were gone, we had maybe caught up to you, and that the rematches would be interesting, and I recall you getting offended back then when we implied this. I very clearly remember saying that I was looking forward to playing you in tournament, and you got mad at me because you thought I meant that you had become washed up after your time in the airforce. You completely misunderstood how we (or at least how I) felt at the time, and it seems that these misunderstandings still exist, and I want to set things straight so some of this BS will stop.

Also, as I've already told you, I don't think that anyone really cared that you were using Yoshi because they didn't think you could accomplish anything with him. Some people honestly felt like you were using Yoshi as a copout or an excuse to lose. People essentially felt like you were using Yoshi because you wanted to be able to compete in a way that you could take pride in your wins, but if you lost, it was because you were using Yoshi. We know now that's not the case, but you have to keep in mind that this is how it LOOKED LIKE you were acting at the time when you first started picking up Yoshi, and that's the time in which most of this drama started to begin with. Yes, we misread your actions, and as a result, people responded with some bitterness and hostility. We're sorry; it was a big misunderstanding.

I honestly think a fair amount of your bitterness stems from a complete misunderstanding of how your actions rubbed the community the wrong way, and some of the community's "wrongdoings" towards you were because they completely misunderstood your motivations too. No one was trying to overtly be a **** to you.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Xander, you know you're not personable. I know you're trying to improve your people skills but that's not something learned quickly methodically. If it was, there would be scarily realistic robots. You've had an extreme upbringing, and the people who have met your family can empathize better. But accept that you aren't that likeable and don't get so anal when people aren't fond of you.

Tim, I see that you're repeating yourself from posts a long time ago. It's a shame it hasn't sunk in with some players. You were one of the top AZ players when I started being active, so you'll always be there in my mind. As for your goals, the way you're approaching them now makes it seem like you'll be known as "the low-tier guy" since you've been switching between low-tier mains. It would be different had you stuck with Yoshi and pushed him further than you already have, which is amazing. If anything, I think you could have set your goals higher for Yoshi. Note: I'm biased in my realistic expectations when saying this because I see far more potential and existing power in Yoshi than the other low tiers.

Corey, I think the best thing you can practice on your own is pure movement. Dash dance length, pivot fsmash, and most importantly (imo) is wavelanding for Samus. You should be comfortable wavelanding exactly where you want to be with as little thought as possible. This includes platforms with different heights on different stages, and crucially the simple from the edge waveland. Waveland back onto the edge, in place on the corner, and a smooth horizontal waveland towards the center, possibly past the opponent. All at a moment's notice without air dodging. These are all something doable in training mode, using a small dummy opponent as a place holder.

Jeff, you'd get more cheering from me if you mained Falcon :troll:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
@Tim: I never noticed because I was always too busy hanging out with Sean and learning things from him. Sorry I suppose.

@Corey: LOL at your ****ing edit.

@Ferrish: LOL always with the CO scene hate. Too funny.

@Jackie: LOL THE XANDER THING. I laughed so hard at the robots ****.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Okay, can I just be captain of the community yet? Besides this drama, I am ready to change the subject of this thread that doesn't potentially damage Tucson's reputation as a melee community, let alone Arizona. I know that some people have been hurt, but no internet dicussion is going to fix it. We must talk in person as people and stop hiding behind the internet to display our true selves. Lets be real people. No more of this arguing crap. I wanna get back to playing.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I think you and Xander need to speak on a personal level to understand the reason why he feels this way about you, Jeff. I think it won't be solved with single post answers.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Okay, can I just be captain of the community yet? Besides this drama, I am ready to change the subject of this thread that doesn't potentially damage Tucson's reputation as a melee community, let alone Arizona. I know that some people have been hurt, but no internet dicussion is going to fix it. We must talk in person as people and stop hiding behind the internet to display our true selves. Lets be real people. No more of this arguing crap. I wanna get back to playing.
I don't even play I'm just posting for no reason....wait is that what I'm do- yeah it is....o.o

Hmm

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
ANYWAY. If anyone has any personal reservations, it should be moved to the Arizona Melee thread. Not here. I think we got a bit carried away. Please move it there. When is the next tournament?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@Jackie - yes I understand, I've never truly switched low tier mains.. I will always be a Yoshi main for the rest of my career, I just like knowing that I have other characters, Low/High tier both, that I can play at a competitive level.

@Tai - I understand where you're coming from, I suppose you're right and both sides simply had misunderstandings. Thanks

@Spencer - Thanks, but that's the main issue I was trying to address, as you stated," I didn't notice, I was too busy doing X thing/Y thing.. that's how most of the community I felt took it.. Too busy to realize it was offensive to me or something.

@Elvis - I agree, we should talk about your tournament it's only a month away

@Axe - I understand you better than anyone, it's ok, everyone makes mistakes, and I understand your frustration, let's just move on with everything. After 3 years, I'm finally able to "comfortably at least" move on with all this.

This time, honestly, I'll be MUCH more active with our community, to at least show everyone, my apologies etc...

Anyway NYTE Hype!?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hear that. I need people to start advertising my tournament to various places, and we have a huge tournament to run within a couple weeks. Can we get some ideas?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so today, i randomly saw this kid in my physics class watching aniki vs CJ

i told him to look up tipping an illusion

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^now why would you have him watch a bad video like that one? Jk, haha, <3

Elvis, didn't you tell me you were gonna make "flyers" of a sort? is that still happening? Also as you said, the other night when you visit certain places etc... ?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Let's talk about how legendary Sean is. I'd rather do that. In consideration to that I probably won't be able to make NYTE anyways or do nothing more than provide a few setups.

So yeah Sean....that Falco. I was watching his matches the other night and it was like DAMN.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Either way, this is Okami's thread, we should be talking about his tournament, March 3rd...I won't be able to attend, (I don't think) but will do my best for the ones the future holds etc...

I'm unsure of everyone else, but I actually move in to my new house on March 1st. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom, (I'm hoping to make it a place to hold smashfest) (It's not quite big enough for tourneys, but it's close. The living room(s) alone can prolly have up to 6 setups with comfortable seating, including the new 55inch Projector CRT TV that I now have. (Elvis can explain how awesome it is)

Either way, hopefully this tourney, Taj's tourney, NYTE, can string a consistent tournament running basis for our scene, to somewhat revive everything.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
It was funny when I was talking with Sean recently and he was saying the conditions of him going to the next tournament would be that he'd want to do shrooms/be on shrooms while playing LOL.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
AZ

wheres the love?

we are all just people, and we all just want to have fun and be happy and be respected and love. and I suppose it's inevitable that there will be drama when you bring this many totally different people together based on the loose and not super meaningful connection of a video game, but I just read 7 pages and there is sooooo much hate.

Tim- I only met you in person that one time. You were super upset about something that had just happened in the tourney, or maybe something that had happened at the tourney not related to smash, and you ended up forfeiting your match and having that horrible headache. I haven't seen you at any of the Tucson ones since then. idk what happened that day, and frankly it's none of my business, but to be quite frank you are an awesome smasher and you could still to this day beat me with your yoshi if you wanted which is ridiculousssss.

Xander- You've been through some really ****ty stuff. You're getting better. I remember when absolutely noone liked you in the smash scene, Jeff said some really nice things about you many months or maybe a year ago on here. He defended you. It made me sad to see you say you didn't respect him, which is obviously not even true; you might have been pissed in that moment, but you and I both know you have a lot of respect for jeff. I think ****ing everyone in tucson does. It would be good, in the future, to just sit back, take a couple breaths, and ask yourself if what you're going to post on here will bring happiness to people? It doesn't really matter if you're right or wrong, what a lame thing to care about, arguments can and should exist, but they should exist to explore and discuss all the possiblities. and at the end of the day we can have different opinons, and thats fine, cause we're just people. And I'm sorry i'm like lecturing you man. you've been through some ****, like i said, and to see you slowly but steadily improving over the past year or so has been really admirable. I hope you keep it up.

Elvis- you have been nothing but ridiculously kind to me since i've known you. thank you. BEST OF LUCK with your marriage and your life and eveything that is so much infinitely more important then this stupid game.

Jeff- you're a diety. actually, when I first came down to tucson, and saw you at a tourny, it was the biggest meeting of a celebrity i've ever had in my life. If people root against you, it's only because they're rooting for the underdog. In an ideal community, if someone like corey came along and magically beat you in one match, that should be a time to be celebrate; what an achievement, to beat someone of such stature and ability! that can be a really hard title to live with, though. I think your views might change if we could all somehow go to a national with you, the AZ ANGER would be there and you KNOW that kyle, rob, jackie, spencer, xander, chris, me, ****ing everyone would be cheering there *** off for you. cause your the best, and your ****ing pikachu is the pride of our state. you are a legend in the eyes of many, and that perception can mess with people a little bit. don't let it get to you.

Those (aside from xander) are the big people outside of Tucson who have gripes with these tournies right now I guess. But here's the other thing; the Tucson smashers too, Rob, Jackie, Kyle, Chris, max, and yes even xander, everyone who i've spent time with; those were fun times with good people. I would have left if they hadn't been; I'm not one to stay and do something I don't want to do for whatever reason. Tim, Jeff, and Elvis are good people too. And I bet if you guys all got together again one last time, maybe at NYTE, and made a concious effort to just be people with each other and forget all the other bull**** thats happened and remember that we're all just people binded together by a beautiful game in a beautiful (actually **** az lulz) state, all this **** couldn't and wouldn't need to happen.

I think one HUGE THING that EVERYONE could do right now is get off these ****ing boards. These aren't real human interactions. Would xander ever tell jeff in real life that he has no respect for him? **** no. that would require so much malace and hate and balls to say, and hopefully (sorry xander) xanders *** would get beat by taj or something for a statement like that. but with our ****ing computers to hide behind we can say stupid **** like that, xander can be headstrong, tim can be passive aggresive, and jeff can not say anything, and it prevents us from seeing that we're all just human beings.

my initial impression, at my first two tournaments, was mostly made my Jeff and Rob and Elvis a little and everyone else; wow these people are really nerdy. lol sorry but the truth. chris is exempt i thought he was a G. BUT my second impression, and this is what i was trying to say but that other part came out first because i speak the truth, my second impression was that these are some of the nicest people I know, and it's ****ing AMAZING to see such a community fostered together through one game. I hope you guys don't lose that.

on the topic of all of this; support NYTE if y'all can. AZ PRIDE. best wishes to all of you. idk if I'll (ever) be back in Tucson at this point, we'll see, but I hope to see all of you sometime during my travels. Peace and much love brothas.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
hmmm sorry for the double post it appears you all may have already made up before i wrote that whole thing out to be frank i got tired of reading all the meaness and skipped the last few pages. y'all get on with your bad selfs. go az.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
To be fair, what I say on and off the boards doesn't change, it's mostly how its said.

Jeff: I don't always completely think what I say through. I'm rarely aware of the consequences of what I say until ithas already been said. I've been meaning for a long time to be less headstrong, and really ask myself, is this what I really mean? I can't promise an immediate change, and I don't expect you to like me, or respect me after all the nasty things I've said to you, and your friends, but it would mean a lot to me if we could at least find some medium in which we'll at least be comfortable in the same room as each other. I really have been considering retiring from smash, because the idea that you hate me as much as I think you hate me makes me feel uncomfortable, and unwelcome.

Jackie: so I'm not allowed to even inquire as to what I'm doing wrong? :|

Ben: <3

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Emily: I bet if he goes to NYTE he'll be on shrooms or something LOL.

Anyways yes what I've taken away from all of this is that Sean is ****ing awesome.

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
I am taking the semester off, and going to central america to do service work, and figuring tons of stuff out. it doesn't make much sense for me to be flying across the country 4+ times a year to go to UofA and spend all my parents money for a worse/more expensive education than I could be getting at UMD. its pretty wasteful and i don't think I'm going to keep doing it.

Top Bottom