• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRS Presents: Krystal for Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tiers(no I didn't misspell it :p) don't exist! This is coming from a Mewtwo main, I'll use Krystal, Ridley, Mewtwo and even Geno, even if they suck :grin: Just because they suck doesn't mean I suck XD

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
My theory is that you can get good with every character, it's just harder to get better with some characters than others. I believe all the characters are going to rock in this game, especially Krystal ^^

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
My theory is that you can get good with every character, it's just harder to get better with some characters than others.
I wonder where you came up with that. ;)

Its not like tiers mean you can't get good with a character. They just supposedly mean that some characters have an advantage over others.

And tiers do exist, its just a matter of believing in them or not. Tiers exist because people make them, but that doesn't mean we should live by them.

-Onyx

Cinder

Smash Master
I wonder where you came up with that. ;)

Its not like tiers mean you can't get good with a character. They just supposedly mean that some characters have an advantage over others.

And tiers do exist, its just a matter of believing in them or not. Tiers exist because people make them, but that doesn't mean we should live by them.

-Onyx
Agreed...tiers exist in the competitive realm and mind (i.e. mine :p), but even I don't think we should live off of 'em...I happen to like using Falco ;)...and besides, look at Gimpy and Taj (granted, they don't excell in tourneys, but their vids inspire awe in the souls of viewers)...

Point is, no matter what Tier the community dubs Krystal, I'll still use her...and the same goes for Olimar...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's impossible for tiers NOT to exists. Picture the following scenario..

Lets say.. A game where you have 2 characters who only have 1 attack each and each do the exact same attack but one does more damage than the other.. obviously that character is better, and if you played someone with the exact same skill level as you, the one with the good attack character would win, but against a beginner, you could probably win with either one. This is just an example because obviously they try to make characters equal.. but they're not perfect, so there's bound to be characters with advantages not noticed at first.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
It's impossible for tiers NOT to exists. Picture the following scenario..

Lets say.. A game where you have 2 characters who only have 1 attack each and each do the exact same attack but one does more damage than the other.. obviously that character is better, and if you played someone with the exact same skill level as you, the one with the good attack character would win, but against a beginner, you could probably win with either one. This is just an example because obviously they try to make characters equal.. but they're not perfect, so there's bound to be characters with advantages not noticed at first.
Well, were one might lack in attacks, another might excel in speed or special, it's just how you learn with them. I had a friend who used "top tier" characters, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, he even got good and cheap with Jiggly Puff, but I was able to defeat him with Ice Climbers, The game is majorly based on skill and a bit of luck.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Aye, there will always be tiers, but idealy the game will be balanced well enough that a minute skill difference can result in a low tier character beating a high tier one, and thus tiers will become irrelevant.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, were one might lack in attacks, another might excel in speed or special, it's just how you learn with them. I had a friend who used "top tier" characters, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, he even got good and cheap with Jiggly Puff, but I was able to defeat him with Ice Climbers, The game is majorly based on skill and a bit of luck.

If you've ever used kirby against someone around the same kill level as you, you'll believe in tiers :S

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I get tiers, but I'm saying that you can still beat them, regardless of skill level. But w/e, I don't really care :p
Definitly, Tiers dont play a big role when you've trained alot. But Tiers do still exist.. they just don't matter unless you're an obssessed pro dude :O

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey won't it be sweet that we can play each other with the brawl codes once the game comes out?? We'l be able to settle disputes online!! hehe

But also, we can do big wars against other factions of the boards.. like the **** staff against,... other people.. man it'll be cool :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll be Wolf if he makes it, and I'm going to kick all you Krystal using people's butt.
huh? using people's butt? how's that gonna work??

But definitly, I'll accept challenges from people on the boards.. it'll be sweet.. too bad the maximum people we can add to the friends is 60 .. :S

ChemicalJustice

Smash Cadet
I can't wait to play online. Me and my cousin are gonna be Brawling like there's no tomorrow.

BTW the final version of Brawl is gonna be playable at some party-thing in Japan, and Brawl Central will be updating with info and pictures:)! Here's the link for those to lazy to type (spoilers I guess): http://www.brawlcentral.com/

Let's all hope that Krystal is a starting character now.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
well, we could get some leaked info on her later on tonight since a lot of people are going to thie Whobby Convention thing. Apparently, they might have a full version of SSBB playable there.

btw Teeb147, where'd you get those SSBB sprites in your sig?

They're cool eh? It's an artist on DeviantArt, he's made one for every character and all of them are well made :)

Just search for AbyssWolf I think,

MysticKenji

Smash Master

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
"Unconfirmed reports: The Brawl game available is a demo. Whether it is a new demo, or the one form E For All or Jump festa is uncertain."

Well... Lets hope its a better demo eh?

-Onyx

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They might be able to reveal Jiggly Puff and Captain falcon, but that's about it I think

Elysium

Smash Lord
I'm gone for a day and this happens....

Lol @ Bill Grey AT :laugh:
I'm hoping we won't disband or leave this forum when she's confirmed...:ohwell:
Well The **** Staff and this certain thread are two separate things. This thread will most likely become a spam fest (isn't it already ;) ) unless we mask it by saying it's a general discussion. The **** Staff will live forever...lets be serious.

Why are people assuming she ain't a starter? Just because she ain't/hasn't been on the dojo doesn't mean she's not a starter.
Ahhh I thought I missed something for a second. I doubt she'll be a starter...but we still have some more updates to go.

Hey guys, been a month since I visited.

Nice new thread. Saw the stages and stuff, keep up the good work, ;)
Welcome back Teeb. :)

Of course, and she'd pair up with pikachu :D
Aha! Another Pika supporter. I win. :laugh:

How about a Krystal and Ike pair-up in SSE?
This simply does not work. See, Ike is garbage and Krystal is just short of Omega ownage. If you take the average of those two ((Garbage + Omega)/2) you get a C ranked pair. Krystal personally will not settle for anything under a high B ranked pair. This would mean that her partner would have to be anyone except Ike and Olimar. ;)

Technically isn't Samus an alien? And Olimar? We're aliens for the love....Eh..W/E.
Samus isn't an alien. She's still human...she just doesn't like her parents back on Earth so she went to live with her Chozo Relatives.

Everyone huddle and cry until than..
I'll bring the razor blades....

It's appreciated. :)

Hm, I haven't had any dreams about Brawl, but I'd like to. It sounds fun. :chuckle:
1.) What can I say...I'm an animal lover. ;)
2.) The Brawl dream wouldn't fit my definition of fun...refer to the next reply under this one for the reason.

That is weird, I had one of those dreams too but it was about Melee, but I don't remember what happened.:laugh::laugh:
By chance did it involve Peach, Zelda, You and a can of whipped cream? ;)
See Blaze...now thats a fun dream.

I do, however, have this question: If Krystal ends up sucking the big one
in brawl, how many of you will still iuse her?
Oh wordplay...how I love thee.
Seriously though, I'll use Krystal fo sho....as long as she isn't a command...ugly monster thing.

Uh, hello...Oli main right here...don't be dissin' the little man...
Olimar main.... :laugh: Cinder you make me giggle. No body would main that slave runner... he wears a fish bowl on his head...and throws enslaved carrot aliens at people. At least G&W threw bacon... ;)
I kid I kid!

@Ism: Why weren't you at Goop's Smashfest yesterday? You fail at AZ smash.

Also EGM had their "Prepare for Brawl" addition. They even went as far as to make a 12 collectible covers edition...and didn't say anything new about Brawl. No mention of hidden characters, no Krystal, No nothing. EGM fails at Brawl coverage.

At the Smashfest I was at yesterday, I was faced with more anti-Krystal....eh..arguments. Still they heldfast to the thought that Krystal wont be in...and that she single-handedly ruined the Starfox series. I don't know how many times we have to encounter this "argument" because it really doesn't have anything to go off of except personal opinion. The simple fact is that Krystal has more reasons to be in Brawl, than reasons not to be in Brawl. The sooner people understand this, the sooner that can side with us! At least they felt that
Olimar shouldn't have been added
*spoiler'd for Cinder's well-being*

Krystal fur the last week updates!
Krystal fur Brawl
Krystal to beat down the disbelievers!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well The **** Staff and this certain thread are two separate things. This thread will most likely become a spam fest (isn't it already ;) ) unless we mask it by saying it's a general discussion. The **** Staff will live forever...lets be serious.

OOOHHH :p
Ahhh I thought I missed something for a second. I doubt she'll be a starter...but we still have some more updates to go.

Sure we do :rolleyes:

Aha! Another Pika supporter. I win. :laugh:

I thought that was me who agreed with you?
This simply does not work. See, Ike is garbage and Krystal is just short of Omega ownage. If you take the average of those two ((Garbage + Omega)/2) you get a C ranked pair. Krystal personally will not settle for anything under a high B ranked pair. This would mean that her partner would have to be anyone except Ike and Olimar. ;)

Krystal and Meta Knight?
Samus isn't an alien. She's still human...she just doesn't like her parents back on Earth so she went to live with her Chozo Relatives.

You miss my point, what exactly is an alien in Metroid? I'm sure not every one's from that planet, so some could call her a humanoid alien
I'll bring the razor blades....
*Insert emo pics here

By chance did it involve Peach, Zelda, You and a can of whipped cream? ;)
See Blaze...now thats a fun dream.

Brawl will have funner dreams *imagines Zamus*
Oh wordplay...how I love thee.
Seriously though, I'll use Krystal fo sho....as long as she isn't a command...ugly monster thing.
:freak:

@Ism: Why weren't you at Goop's Smashfest yesterday? You fail at AZ smash.
No one informed me of this :confused: And I was at Temple
Also EGM had their "Prepare for Brawl" addition. They even went as far as to make a 12 collectible covers edition...and didn't say anything new about Brawl. No mention of hidden characters, no Krystal, No nothing. EGM fails at Brawl coverage.
Does anyone actually deliver?

At the Smashfest I was at yesterday, I was faced with more anti-Krystal....eh..arguments. Still they heldfast to the thought that Krystal wont be in...and that she single-handedly ruined the Starfox series. I don't know how many times we have to encounter this "argument" because it really doesn't have anything to go off of except personal opinion. The simple fact is that Krystal has more reasons to be in Brawl, than reasons not to be in Brawl. The sooner people understand this, the sooner that can side with us!

AZ hates Krystal? :(

At least they felt that
Olimar shouldn't have been added

Conflict!!

Krystal fur the last week updates!
Krystal fur Brawl
Krystal to beat down the disbelievers!

You forgot Krystal to **** with her staff! :chuckle:
Crazy what happens in one day :p

Cinder

Smash Master
At least they felt that Olimar shouldn't have been added
E...keep in mind that I have a habit of reading ANYTHING in a spoiler wrap...and btw, they'll get what's comin' to 'em :evil:...just wait for teh awesomeness that is MY OLI!!

Anyway, on topic...your friends think Krystal ruined the series? How so?

Elysium

Smash Lord
E...keep in mind that I have a habit of reading ANYTHING in a spoiler wrap...and btw, they'll get what's comin' to 'em :evil:...just wait for teh awesomeness that is MY OLI!!

Anyway, on topic...your friends think Krystal ruined the series? How so?
Doesn't everyone have that same habit?

And I don't know. I would assume the answer would be "just because" as that would go along with how thin that argument is to begin with. :laugh:

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Doesn't everyone have that same habit?

And I don't know. I would assume the answer would be "just because" as that would go along with how thin that argument is to begin with. :laugh:
yeah it really wasnt her!! it was obviously the split betweem Rare and Nintendo

Top Bottom