• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trela's got something to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trela

Smash Lord
Hello there fellow Lucarios. I have to talk to yoll about some stuff.

First, yoll seem to be trying really hard with reviving the boards. That's great, but it just doesn't seem like it's working. I've talked to other Lucarios, and they have told me how much they DESPISE the Lucario boards. They just can't stand to be here. For me, well, I dont really know. I just dont feel comfortable posting and talking here, but I do agree with this place being all screwed up. When Lucarios come here, they look for the information they need to succeed, from Match Ups to Stage Guides to Playstyles and using him properly. When they get in here, they find a lot of annyoing threads and posts everywhere and dont know where to look. When they do find the information they need, all they see is unintelligent and "I dont know what I'm talking about" kinda posts and advice. When the Lucario player sees all of this, they leave, and probably never come back here. They have nearly learned nothing and still dont know how to handle their problems that they have. When this happens, they continue to lose until they get to the point where they feel that Lucario cannot accomplish anything and drop him. I've seen this happen, and it's only going to get worse. If these boards continue to stay like the way they are, the Drop Lucario Virus (DLV is what I call it) will continue to spread.

Now, these Lucario players that come in here and learn nothing aren't really looking hard enough. There are some great threads here. I find some of yoll to be very intelligent with Lucario, and know what you are talking about. It's just rare for me (and the Lucario players that never come here) to see these kinds of people around here. I know yoll are working to fix the boards up, but it's not gonna work. I dont see it working at all. Neither do the others. That's why I have a plan to try and help help fix this problem.

This so called "plan" brings me to my second point. The plan I have been keeping secret with nearly everyone shall now be shown. The plan is a website. This website is ALL about Lucario. It will be A LOT more organized than this place, and it will show guides for everything on Lucario. It shall be run by me, Trela, but not alone. I will secretly "pick" the players that are intelligent and know what they are talking about and have proved that to me. I dont want my website to be like this place, with ******** people and their ****ed up advice (I'm not saying that these boards are dumb; just messed up). I dont care if some of yoll dont want me to make it. The Lucarios that need the help will love it. Me and my fellow helpers (the ones I choose) will work together and make our guides as easy as possible to understand and great for everyone. I will not REST until I know that Lucario is back to his feet and winning **** again. I can promise yoll that!

"Umm, yeah. Now, what about the so called "trashy" Lucario boards?"

Umm, they will continue to do what they are doing, of course. My website is pretty much like a bunch of pages with guides everywhere. My Backroom will of course be here at Smashboards, and we will give out guides and write-ups about the different subjects after discussing it here at the Lucario boards (but mostly will be talking about it with the fellow Backroomers in the Backroom). We will then put everything together and put it on the website, and I dont want just the "Backroomers" to help me. I'm gonna need everyone's help!

So, in short, you can now count me in with reviving Lucario. Sometime this week or next week, I will post again about the website and what's going on with it. If you have any questions about the website, please feel free to ask. I will send invitations to the players that are welcome in the Backroom tomorrow.

=Trela=

hough123

Smash Ace
While your idea sounds attractive. it has flaws.

First off, you tell us why we are failing; clutter and un-educated mains. We know this, and that's why we are cleaning up the boards, to make them more efficient and attractive to new players. In case you didn't know, RJ is making a new guide, and I'll guess that all of the assets you mentioned are next on his community to-do list.

Next you tell us that the clean-up won't work, but you give no reason. I'll assume that you meant because of the fact that most Lucario mains are uneducated. The clean-up is meant to fix that, and the more we clean, the more educated people will become.

You then tell us that you aren't willing to help fix the boards, so we should all just give up and go to a new site that will obviously have copied guides from the very board you've given up on. This website will amount to the very reason Lucario fell, all of the regulars will become sad-sacks that aren't willing to look into Lucario and the metagame kicks the bucket. New players are the lifeblood of any good character Each new player provides another rep, and new techniques are found primarilly by either pros, or new players goofing around. Your website eliminates the community, a crucial part of all characters.

The point is, your website is based here on the boards that you have given up on, and while it sounds attractive to have a Lucario-based website, it will likely fail in the same way these boards did.

*gets out large flame shield and sword*
It's go time :rocket:

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Hello there fellow Lucarios. I have to talk to yoll about some stuff.

First, yoll seem to be trying really hard with reviving the boards. That's great, but it just doesn't seem like it's working. I've talked to other Lucarios, and they have told me how much they DESPISE the Lucario boards. They just can't stand to be here. For me, well, I dont really know. I just dont feel comfortable posting and talking here, but I do agree with this place being all screwed up. When Lucarios come here, they look for the information they need to succeed, from Match Ups to Stage Guides to Playstyles and using him properly. When they get in here, they find a lot of annyoing threads and posts everywhere and dont know where to look. When they do find the information they need, all they see is unintelligent and "I dont know what I'm talking about" kinda posts and advice. When the Lucario player sees all of this, they leave, and probably never come back here. They have nearly learned nothing and still dont know how to handle their problems that they have. When this happens, they continue to lose until they get to the point where they feel that Lucario cannot accomplish anything and drop him. I've seen this happen, and it's only going to get worse. If these boards continue to stay like the way they are, the Drop Lucario Virus (DLV is what I call it) will continue to spread.

Now, these Lucario players that come in here and learn nothing aren't really looking hard enough. There are some great threads here. I find some of yoll to be very intelligent with Lucario, and know what you are talking about. It's just rare for me (and the Lucario players that never come here) to see these kinds of people around here. I know yoll are working to fix the boards up, but it's not gonna work. I dont see it working at all. Neither do the others. That's why I have a plan to try and help help fix this problem.

This so called "plan" brings me to my second point. The plan I have been keeping secret with nearly everyone shall now be shown. The plan is a website. This website is ALL about Lucario. It will be A LOT more organized than this place, and it will show guides for everything on Lucario. It shall be run by me, Trela, but not alone. I will secretly "pick" the players that are intelligent and know what they are talking about and have proved that to me. I dont want my website to be like this place, with ******** people and their ****ed up advice (I'm not saying that these boards are dumb; just messed up). I dont care if some of yoll dont want me to make it. The Lucarios that need the help will love it. Me and my fellow helpers (the ones I choose) will work together and make our guides as easy as possible to understand and great for everyone. I will not REST until I know that Lucario is back to his feet and winning **** again. I can promise yoll that!

"Umm, yeah. Now, what about the so called "trashy" Lucario boards?"

Umm, they will continue to do what they are doing, of course. My website is pretty much like a bunch of pages with guides everywhere. My Backroom will of course be here at Smashboards, and we will give out guides and write-ups about the different subjects after discussing it here at the Lucario boards (but mostly will be talking about it with the fellow Backroomers in the Backroom). We will then put everything together and put it on the website, and I dont want just the "Backroomers" to help me. I'm gonna need everyone's help!

So, in short, you can now count me in with reviving Lucario. Sometime this week or next week, I will post again about the website and what's going on with it. If you have any questions about the website, please feel free to ask. I will send invitations to the players that are welcome in the Backroom tomorrow.

=Trela=

The point is, your website is based here on the boards that you have given up on, and while it sounds attractive to have a Lucario-based website, it will likely fail in the same way these boards did.
this...
think about it...First off you say are depending on a board that gives you "******** people and their ****ed up advice"

2nd... how are you going to make a backroom?

3rd... If you DID make a backroom...what does that leave us? more ignorant users? pretty much....

If I thought that this would work...I would have done it back in march!

Trela

Smash Lord
While your idea sounds attractive. it has flaws.

First off, you tell us why we are failing; clutter and un-educated mains. We know this, and that's why we are cleaning up the boards, to make them more efficient and attractive to new players. In case you didn't know, RJ is making a new guide, and I'll guess that all of the assets you mentioned are next on his community to-do list.

Next you tell us that the clean-up won't work, but you give no reason. I'll assume that you meant because of the fact that most Lucario mains are uneducated. The clean-up is meant to fix that, and the more we clean, the more educated people will become.

You then tell us that you aren't willing to help fix the boards, so we should all just give up and go to a new site that will obviously have copied guides from the very board you've given up on. This website will amount to the very reason Lucario fell, all of the regulars will become sad-sacks that aren't willing to look into Lucario and the metagame kicks the bucket. New players are the lifeblood of any good character Each new player provides another rep, and new techniques are found primarilly by either pros, or new players goofing around. Your website eliminates the community, a crucial part of all characters.

*gets out large flame shield and sword*
It's go time :rocket:
I dont really see the "cleaning up" job working out though. Yoll have been trying to clean up the boards for over a month now (or 2?), yet I still see pointless threads everywhere, and even some freaken COPIES of threads. Topics on Lucario Fursuits is not helping clean up the boards! I do see some other not-so-useful topics, but they seem a little off, too. I mean, Aura Sphere charge? Comon. You should focus on more important things, like the match-up discussion. Some of it has pretty bad information and advice on Lucario's different match-ups.

Probably my biggest problem with yoll is your attitudes. When I saw Rockettrainer's thread on Lucario's Dair and how he was treated, I pretty much lost my respect for yoll. I saw after that why everyone was leaving from here. I used to love it when Azen and my friends would post around here. Right now, I doubt any of them would come back here. It would be VERY NICE to see a Top player like Lee and what he has to say on the different subjects on Lucario's Metagame, but since yoll drove him away, I guess that wont happen now. I'm pretty sure getting advice from someone who plays the best players in the world is better from getting advice from some guy who has played a bunch of random noobs.

I'm sorry for being mean to yoll, but somethings gotta be done. This talk of reviving the boards probably wont work, and even my plan probably wont work. Idc. At least it would go a lot smoother than what's happening here. I'll probably be hated for it though :(

=Trela=

hough123

Smash Ace
I dont really see the "cleaning up" job working out though. Yoll have been trying to clean up the boards for over a month now (or 2?), yet I still see pointless threads everywhere, and even some freaken COPIES of threads. Topics on Lucario Fursuits is not helping clean up the boards! I do see some other not-so-useful topics, but they seem a little off, too. I mean, Aura Sphere charge? Comon. You should focus on more important things, like the match-up discussion. Some of it has pretty bad information and advice on Lucario's different match-ups.

Probably my biggest problem with yoll is your attitudes. When I saw Rockettrainer's thread on Lucario's Dair and how he was treated, I pretty much lost my respect for yoll. I saw after that why everyone was leaving from here. I used to love it when Azen and my friends would post around here. Right now, I doubt any of them would come back here. It would be VERY NICE to see a Top player like Lee and what he has to say on the different subjects on Lucario's Metagame, but since yoll drove him away, I guess that wont happen now. I'm pretty sure getting advice from someone who plays the best players in the world is better from getting advice from some guy who has played a bunch of random noobs.

I'm sorry for being mean to yoll, but somethings gotta be done. This talk of reviving the boards probably wont work, and even my plan probably wont work. Idc. At least it would go a lot smoother than what's happening here. I'll probably be hated for it though :(

=Trela=
I don't plan on starting a Broom, and I never will. Frankly, I'm not a pro yet. The real pros can start it, and I'll help however possible.

The spam topics are due to lack of moderation, Timbers just isn't on enough to take care of them. If the comment about AS charge was a stab to the Brainstorm thread, that's pathetic. At least we're working to find SOMETHING as opposed to giving up on Lucario.

I'll agree with you about the sad state of the boards, and how the elites snuffed out all discussion that they didn't approve of. The more they did that, the more the good players left discraced. (Though Azen and Lee don't play Luc anymore sadly, they could still help.) Getting advice from noobs isn't equal with pro advice, but noobs fight noob. A noob's outlook could help with fighting OTHER noobs. Though pro advice is infinitely more helpful.

I don't hate you, I'm sorry for coming off angry but I'm just trying to give my thoughts. If you're willing to start all of this to help Lucario, you could be a huge help in fixing these boards. We're like the fire nation in Avatar at the end of the show. Our reputation has been tarnished, but our new leaders will help us get back on track to our full potential.

inb4ombavatarreferencethispostisnullandvoid

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Creating a copy of the board will not revive the boards im sorry...thats not how it works.

Ultimately...this COULD hurt lucario because it takes away more users :(

But I guess you are going to try anyway huh? >__>

And who is left on the board to hate you?:laugh:

hough123

Smash Ace
Creating a copy of the board will not revive the boards im sorry...thats not how it works.

Ultimately...this COULD hurt lucario because it takes away more users :(

But I guess you are going to try anyway huh? >__>

And who is left on the board to hate you?:laugh:
Alus just won the intarnetz. He also won this thread in less than a paragraph =\

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't know who to side with, tbh, I know some of those ppl who don't like the boards now, however, most of them left because they really just didn't like sticking to lucario as a main lol.

hough123

Smash Ace
I don't know who to side with, tbh, I know some of those ppl who don't like the boards now, however, most of them left because they really just didn't like sticking to lucario as a main lol.
Side with me, I have doughnuts =3

iRJi

Smash Champion

=Trela=
Anywho, since im alive and home from Pierces house, I will add to this. Give it time.

Although that this is a slow process, we recently just 100% started to reword everything. Everything between the time I made the first thread of Lucario is mid-tier to now was just Idea's for Lucario to get some spirit back. I am not really looking for people to come back either. Hell, I didn't start coming here again until recently, but if you just wait, you will see soon enough what I am talking about. You idea sounds promising, but it will do nothing more then what we will do to the boards in a few more weeks. That I can promise you. My promise for a revamp will show, its just up to you and others to let it happen, or to be impatient about it.

Anyway, I actually think this thread needs to be closed off. For the fact that I respect everyones ideas and contribution, I also have a lack of patiences for people who don't want to be patient. All I really am just asking is just to wait a bit more, and you will see results. This is a time of liberation, not a time of discouragement.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
although im sure no one cares, yes i'm still alive, yes i still main Lucario, and yes i still go to tournaments and practice with him outside of them. these boards dont really have much in them and i have to say that i only really come here to see if anything has been discovered thats worthy of my attention... and sometimes participate in the match-ups but only characters i have experience with.

i am not entirely sure there are any pro Lucario's left, i personally think im pretty good... but not quite pro... but then again who am i to judge?

the people i play with irl dosent really record matches that much anymore and i have not really asked for any real opinions on me yet...

in short, ive pretty much came to the conclusion that im going to have to just teach myself from now on.

but im just lettin ya guys know, geebees aint dead :D

Jupz

Smash Master
Sounds good, I rarely come here but sometimes I like to come just to learn more about Lucario and I can't find any matchup summaries or stage guides or anything :(

Good luck!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Trela - Good luck with the whole lucario website. But I feel like you're giving up on the people who are trying to revive the boards too soon. Yes it's been 2 months, progress is a bit slow, but I see it becoming beneficial later on. Yeah we were harsh on rockettrainer about smash DIing dair and shiz. It got way out of hand than it needed to, but those were the times when everyone was just downing any new discovery, topic or discussion.

I was thinking of making some extremely helpful topics in the future, see how they turn out.

Jupz the topics are stickied at the top of the boards man. Unless for some reason people aren't linking to the exports for the character match up threads.

Also for the whole revamp - from some of the certain topics I've read, I feel like there is really no true order except for Timber's renew punishing topic, which has barely any posts in there and RJ's creating the guide topic.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I also dont know who to side with really... I mean i came here when the boards was shutting down so i dont really know what its like to be talking with Azen or Lee. the revamp to the boards was like new life you know? please dont leave us yet.. stick around just a little longer and wait till the change starts to show.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I agree with RJ for the simple fact that we are revamping the boards 100%. This process is going to be slow but the end result would be huge for these boards. We should just wait and see what the end result of the revamping will do and then go from there.

Who knows maybe this website will work in the future?

Trela

Smash Lord
Since I really hate arguing with you guys and <3 my fellow Lucarios, I'll do what you asked. I'll wait a bit more for yoll. I would like to still create my Backroom and start with my website, cause I'm probably the WORST web designer and it'll take me forever to get a website done lol.

I'll still hang around the boards and stuff. I'll even help yoll with some organizing. Let's see what yoll can do xD

=Trela=

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q
anyway you have to consider than this will be slow for sure, since we cannot count on a large community like other character boards, and a number of members anyway can't/are not willing to contribute. it's still a step in the right direction, so you might as well give it a try.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Since I really hate arguing with you guys and <3 my fellow Lucarios, I'll do what you asked. I'll wait a bit more for yoll. I would like to still create my Backroom and start with my website, cause I'm probably the WORST web designer and it'll take me forever to get a website done lol.

I'll still hang around the boards and stuff. I'll even help yoll with some organizing. Let's see what yoll can do xD

=Trela=
Ty for understanding.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Why Azen and Lee are being used as examples is beyond me.
Both of those players have a history for switching characters. Before PQ11, Azen would post at best, rarely. Even when he was in the IRC, he talked rarely. On AIM he didnt talk about SWF stuff at all.

So their reason for switching is slimmly based on the characters board.

Im still happy about this boards need of change. Ive been here since brawl came out, the very day actually. And I've seen this board change so much. What made this board expand, was the amount of fun we had.
Sure that "fun" led to problems, which ended up banhammering everything majority of the carios came here for. It was still fun regardless while it lasted.

Making a new website purely about lucario (sorry for the anti-site talk D: ) wouldn't work. Like it was said earlier, it would cut out the community. Not just the lucario community, but the whole SWF community as well. What if a new DDD player wanted to find some information, and all that was told of him was "Click here to find more info!". Chances are, he wouldn't find the info. If we had a conversation in the new website, and needed experienced ROB's to give input, we'd have to tell them "We need some input, come to this different website, make an account, log in and say stuff". That is too much of a hassle for most other people, so they wouldn't do it.

So really, keep working at it at this site, and stop worrying about the old cario's that left. I could very well leave at anytime, and that wouldn't stop the whole Revamping Cycle. It would just mean one of the final old guys has left finally. Milln left because he hated that he too has been here for awhile, and he knows what he was talking about, and he was still ignored. Theory craft just demolished our willing to be helpful, and our ability to listen to Knowledgeable people.

The only reason I am still here is because I love to critique videos of new or old carios. That is it. I have fun doing that, and making the critiques fun to read as well as very informative. If the rest of the board cannot make it fun for not only themselves, but for other people. Then like Sockcario, it will die.

So don't stop. believing!
-t2

Rayku

Smash Lord
Man if I had started a thread like this I would have been greeted by something like

"Who are you? Get out troll"

Reputations are dumb.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Well, lets say back in August 2009 Rayku started to argue with I dunno ... SAM, after making a new thread. (example)
If things where to have gotten heated up, every other lucario would come to the Aid of SAM and destroy Rayku with flame and other bits of theory craft and nonsense in hopes that Rayku would never come here again.

It was, if we didn't know you, and you made a mistake of trying to fight with a larger name or did something really stupid, you where exiled and kicked out. We called it: Taking out the Trash.

There was a 3 line motto we used to have. I forget majority of it, had something to do with the awesomecario, and the board. But the Final line was

3. And We Take out the Trash.

It was a weird relationship. We where super friendly, and once voted "the coolest board on SWF", but we also where mean at times too. Greetings to new people we super cheerful and inviting, but they also said, "We do not tolerate any kind of flame whats-so-ever, if you do flame you will be dealt with."

It was just a big o ball of messy.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
We were like the Seinfeld boards lol. Super friendly, but we make really, really bad relationships with certain people sometimes.
Now I don't think we really have the "nicest" boards label, tbh. Not after what's happened over the past 5 months or so.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
As an outsider, i recommend that all players who are SERIOUS about learning, getting better, and expanding lucarios presence go to Trelas site. Obviously this board(along with ALOT of other boards) are filled with fanboy garbage and "i think you should do XYZ and ABC with lucario but im not good with lucario in the first place." Plus, this site would be governed by people who are GOOD and actually CARE about lucario.

The link boards moved to AiB and they are better for it......even though link is HORRIBLE and will always be HORRIBLE.

This is just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. I wont force it.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Obviously this board(along with ALOT of other boards) are filled with fanboy garbage
ok...you MUST define fanboy....mabye the way you define the category "fanboy" is entirely diffrent from the way i see it.:dizzy::dizzy:

Plus, this site would be governed by people who are GOOD and actually CARE about lucario.
So who over there is good so far?

Also who here doesn't care? If they didn't care then why are they making a new guide...

The link boards moved to AiB and they are better for it......even though link is HORRIBLE and will always be HORRIBLE.
Ummm.... The links had a reg with a reasonable reputation become MOD at AiB
while they had a problem with the mods over here...

Also... you just said that the transfer was for the better...then you turned around and said that link can't improve...

what the ****?

This is just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. I wont force it.
Trela might ¬_¬

lol jk...

jk?

I just REALLY dont understand how this is proper.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
ok...you MUST define fanboy....mabye the way you define the category "fanboy" is entirely diffrent from the way i see it.
I believe when I hear the word fanboy, it means that they're all fans of a something and it almost seems that they are willing to take it down to the grave with it. They keep praising what they're a fan of, and ignore everything else.

I don't know, your project seems kind of crazy... but I bid you good luck with your project, Trela!
GIVE ME YOUR LINK SO I CAN TAG THE FORUMS >D

harry touchdown

Smash Rookie
the link boards are trying to make a comeback here but i think its not worth theyre while.I think AiB is a great site.and i dont believe in change for the shake of change but if trela wants to go for it,who are we to stop her,give her a chance and lets see how it turns out.

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
Man its been a while, I think its been 5 months since I got on here. Hey guys I'm back and I'm here to help out the boards.

Trela

Smash Lord
the link boards are trying to make a comeback here but i think its not worth theyre while.I think AiB is a great site.and i dont believe in change for the shake of change but if trela wants to go for it,who are we to stop her,give her a chance and lets see how it turns out.
Thanks. There's just one thing about your post I'm not happy with....

IM NOT A GIRL!

=Trela=

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wait, didn't the same thing happen like 4 months ago or so?
ROFL.
Also @ Xavant: I think you just hurt some of your chance for that modship you wanted <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom