• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Travis Presents: MD Biweeklies! - Sykesville, MD - July 26th - CREW BATTLES

chillindude829

Smash Master
Jon why exactly do you go to tournaments? There's basically only two reasons I can see why anyone would go to a tourney: for fun, or for money. So you must be going for money, right? Because I don't see how you can find hanging on the ledge for 7 minutes fun. And if you're going for money, why not do us all a favor and just go to work instead? Seriously your tactics take the fun out of the game, and I actually lost a lot of respect for you yesterday. It's not just because I lost, cuz I still had a reasonable chance to win, but the fact that you forced me to use MK by edgecamping the entire game against my Falco makes me wonder what the **** your motivation is for playing this game.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
azen did it to me and i refused to be out-gayed by anyone, i had to retaliate.

And I find winning fun, no matter how I get to it. I camp the ledge and beat your falco, you chaingrab then spike 90% of the cast. Plus, honestly, playing the way i did If i actually decided to do that could realistically actually get MK banned, so maybe in time we'll see it.

And lastly, work sucks. Tournaments are fun. I obviously dont go only for the $ since its not really guaranteed for me, but yea, i duno how to really answer. Brawl is stupid and I abuse it to its fullest extent, i guess thats about it

edit: clearly this is jon

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I fully support you plank. If you can get MK banned instead of just stages, I think the tournament scene would be a lot healthier and more interesting in the end.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sounds like you guys are having the same problems that I'm having with my tournaments. Gotta love it.

Chillin only got fourth, I really need to make a trip to MD :p and also, is Azen actually picking up peach? Jesus christ I need to find a way down to sykesville, is it a big city. Greyhound doesn't seem to recognize it. I wanna come :(

I fully support you plank. If you can get MK banned instead of just stages, I think the tournament scene would be a lot healthier and more interesting in the end.
Finally someone who has my point of view. Why aren't we even thinking about this ban yet? His broken meter far exceeds fox in melee, I personally don't even think it's comparable...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So people get to watch 14- 21mins of non stop adrenaline in your face camping ?

10knackers
nah, cuz the matches never really last that long since the losing player automatically has a huge disadvantage and has to approach the person on the edge, if they wait for the time they just lose.

the problem is MK isnt the only character that can abuse edgecamping to no end, hes just the one i use. and similarly, hes also one of the best at AVOIDING being edge camped, so its kinda gay that MK dittos are one of the only ways around it. DK also has a beastly edgestall game as does pikachu. Im sure other characters i havent messed with do too. autosweetspotting makes **** really gay and expands the ability for abuse 10x

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also, niko, you can greyhound to baltimore if you can get a ride, the venue is ~30 minutes from baltimore. thats the closest greyhound stop

Niko_K

Smash Master
30 minutes by highway or some form of transit? I doubt anyone could offer me a ride, but if theres a transit route there I'll take it.

I really wanna come smash with you guys :p Booze too?!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hmm I mean, I still have room for housing if you can FLY into BWI LATE on friday (or get to the airport and wait for me, lol) then leave at some point on monday. i just need compensation for gas, but it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a taxi.

or you can bus into baltimore, that works too.

edit:: or greyhound into frederick at any point since thats where i live

Niko_K

Smash Master
Flying is gunna be WAY too expensive for me >.<. Though I guess it would make more sense to bus right into frederick since you live there, then we can go to CH4 together and friendly beforehand.

Do you usually have people at your place for some friendlies, traveling means I have to play as many people as possible :p

chillindude829

Smash Master
azen did it to me and i refused to be out-gayed by anyone, i had to retaliate.

And I find winning fun, no matter how I get to it. I camp the ledge and beat your falco, you chaingrab then spike 90% of the cast. Plus, honestly, playing the way i did If i actually decided to do that could realistically actually get MK banned, so maybe in time we'll see it.

And lastly, work sucks. Tournaments are fun. I obviously dont go only for the $ since its not really guaranteed for me, but yea, i duno how to really answer. Brawl is stupid and I abuse it to its fullest extent, i guess thats about it

edit: clearly this is jon
First of all, Azen did it to you because you picked a gay stage. Secondly, Azen does it to you so you retaliate by doing it to me? I'm pretty sure Azen doing it to you was irrelevant. You know you have no chance of beating me when I'm using Falco, unless of course you use an unbeatable strategy, so you decided getting top 3 that tournament was important enough to do so. Congratulations.

lol @ comparing ledgecamping to Falco's chaingrab. I didn't realize Falco's CG was something that the rest of the cast could do nothing about, and it led to victory automatically. And you were just arguing a week ago that MK shouldn't be banned, now all of a sudden you justify your actions with "maybe it'll help MK get banned?" Oh okay that makes sense.

If Brawl is stupid why even play it? Seriously I don't think anyone in the region finds your tactics amusing except yourself. I think we'd appreciate if you either A. stopped playing like your life depends on whether you win the match so you don't make the opponent want to quit Brawl, or B. just stop coming to tourneys completely.

Regardless though, good luck getting another tourney win against me, no matter what gay strategy you abuse. I think it's kind of funny that after all the advice and tips I gave you which made your MK considerably better, you repay me by ledgecamping the entire game against my Falco. Well good job asshole, see if you can ever pull another BS win against me again.

KingAce

Smash Ace
I have an idea.. why dont you guys just ban ledge stalling and whoever does it forfeits their stock?? I mean... its not hard to see when someone is trying to do it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Enforcing a rule like that would be **** hard, like what...only 10 seconds aloud? Then they go on the stage and get back on :p

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Sadly, tourneys are about winning. And since money is at stake, people will do whatever to win it. So technically Jon's tactic is legitimate. And this is why I went to Sypher's instead, brawl tourneys are boring. Friendlies are fun when not everyone has to constantly use metaknight, and I can play characters like Fox or Peach :/. Sorry Chillin, but for how tourneys are, you lost, he won. Get over it, no matter how gay it was. It looks like two other people outplaced him, so it obviously wasn't unbeatable unless the other two players used it too.
-Rei

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It may be legitimate, but it is not respectable. I hate playing him so much that I think I'll go Pit and camp his gay *** on whatever gay stage he picks.

You're right, though, Rei. Brawl tournys are boring and Sypher's was amazing. Melee forever.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Sadly, tourneys are about winning. And since money is at stake, people will do whatever to win it. So technically Jon's tactic is legitimate. And this is why I went to Sypher's instead, brawl tourneys are boring. Friendlies are fun when not everyone has to constantly use metaknight, and I can play characters like Fox or Peach :/. Sorry Chillin, but for how tourneys are, you lost, he won. Get over it, no matter how gay it was. It looks like two other people outplaced him, so it obviously wasn't unbeatable unless the other two players used it too.
-Rei
lol only one person outplaced him, and he only used the tactic against me, no one else. When did I ever say it wasn't allowed by the rules? And I never said I actually won either, so I'm not sure why you needed to point out that he won and I lost, that much is obvious. It doesn't change the fact that he used an unbeatable tactic to get that win, and that's why I'm upset with him. LMAO @ telling me to get over it, who the **** are you to tell me something like that? Mind your own business please.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
If you wanted it to be your own business, you should only talk with him about it then. By posting it on the boards, it's fair game for everyone.

As to get back on topic. Travis, you holding another on the weekend of XESTICLE? Or you holding off for awhile?
-Rei

chillindude829

Smash Master
Well actually I don't really mind if people comment on it, just not with ignorant stupidity like your post. That's why I told you specifically to mind your own business.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
No johns chillin.

As for Thumbs. Yeah, MK ***** the crap out of Pit. wtf are you thinking. He doesn't need to ledgestall camp to beat him :/.
-Rei

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I find Melee much less fun than Brawl, and 64 much less fun than Melee. To me, they've made the game better and better each time. That's just my opinion.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Who would've thought JTYME's tactics would revolutionize the way we play!?

Top Bottom