• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Travis Presents: MD Biweeklies! - Sykesville, MD - July 26th - CREW BATTLES

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Gaame Playe Biweeklies! This event will have crews, so I will be running everything relatively quickly to have time.

Date
July 26th, 2008

Place
6400 Ridge Road
Sykesville, MD 21784
410-549-0750
410-925-1938

You'll see a big K-mart. Park around the back of the "mall" for ideal parking. The front doors close at 9 pm, so you would have to walk around the entire building to get there.

Price
$8 Venue Fee
$10 Singles Entry
$20 Team Entry (10 a person, 20 a team)
$5 Crew Entry (per person)

Payouts
1st - 60% of the pot
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Payouts will vary depending on the number of entrants.

Schedule
9 am - Doors Open
10 am - Registration
12 noon - Teams
4 pm - Singles

If you are not at the venue by eleven, you cannot enter teams. I fully understand if you are reasonably late, but you MUST call prior, and you will be entered. You must tell me your name, estimated time of arrival, and any other persons that are entering you are with. (Saying you are with 2 people isn't acceptable.)

Rules
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
--13 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Hanenbow, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- NO Refunds
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by me

CREW RULES
-- 12 Stock per crew
-- 4 to 5 man crews, with stock distributed evenly
-- Characters written down before the match, along with the first player
-- $5 entry per person
-- Winner takes all
-- The first match is on a random stage (neutrals)
-- The incoming player may choose to select the next stage, but if so, the player in may choose to switch characters. If random, the player must stay that character.
-- Trash talk allowed

I need wiis with brawl.

Wii List (11)
Gaame Playe (11)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im not gonna do the raft things cuz if travis is gonna be doing these it would just be way too many tournies

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
azen and chillin come up and play with me and travis pretty often, you should come sometime

hova

Smash Champion
can we do crews at one of these?? for some reason there has been a flood of Md/Va crews who all think they're amazing

ClayCooters call team Urameshi

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i will earn my place on the clay cooters crew at c3

i predict me, omni, meep, greg, nacker, and hova to all be top 10.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
if we have time we can do crews

that or we can replace teams with crews if people have no objections

Twig

Smash Journeyman
"CREW RULES
-- 12 Stock per crew
-- 4 to 5 man crews, with stock distributed evenly"

Errrr. 12/5 = Not even. Did you mean 3 or 4 man crews?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
so the biweeklies will be just like the critical hit tournament, only smaller? Do I need a crew to play or no? My crew wouldn't be very big.

echos

Smash Journeyman
ahh **** my other crew members would rather go to chu's final biweekly i know they fall on different dates but the drive is just so **** long that it would be hard to do both so we did a group consensus and everyone else would rather do chu's sorry guys I really wanted to make it out to this one : (

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
well me and a couple people are planning on coming, but this turnout looks whack... more people confirming would be nice.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm going to try and get to this one, but the distance makes this one kind of unlikely.

Top Bottom