• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament ~ EC vs WC June 30th - Largest Tournament in CDN history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Oh, you challenged me? cool. I'll do a good 5. Bo5. Sound good, lol.

Aswell, a friend of mine would like to capture footage and ****, he wouldn't mind going through the time of making a Montage and **** but he just needs help with the equipment since he lacks in that department.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anyone from Quebec or outside Toronto in Ontario are flying, WestJet should have some deals if you book tomorrow: http://www.ccnmatthews.com/news/rel...earchText=false&showText=all&actionFor=645850

As low as $11 + fees O_o;

Found it here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431982
I remember looking at something like that a year ago.

As low as $11 + fees = $250! D:

I am probably underaggerating it a bit.

French people, good luck decyphering that word XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I remember looking at something like that a year ago.

As low as $11 + fees = $250! D:

I am probably underaggerating it a bit.

French people, good luck decyphering that word XD
Well, a guy on RedFlagDeals (linked in my last post) calculated the real fees there and he says it comes to about $64 for a roundtrip from Ottawa to Toronto.

Also, it seems Air Canada will price match WestJet so you could always try them ;)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
HELLO to anyone who plays mvc2, third strike, cvs2, or guilty gear!
HI THERE! *plays Akuma/necro* Someone bring 3s.
Well, a guy on RedFlagDeals (linked in my last post) calculated the real fees there and he says it comes to about $64 for a roundtrip from Ottawa to Toronto.

Also, it seems Air Canada will price match WestJet so you could always try them ;)
lol, cheaper than viarail or greyhound. awesome!

Shuriken

Smash Apprentice
nope, sorry. been meaning to get that done as i have a friend with a spare chip, just never got around to it.
oh, crap i can't come to this. i thought it was in may.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Is GGX any fun? I've seen viideos that have made my want to try it, but it seems to be more towards imbalanced air combos like MvC2. Anyways if its brought I'd like to try it out.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Try GGXX#R (or even better, Slash). Ask someone to teach you the basic. Its engine lets you improvise pretty freely, so even if you barely know the moves, you can improve easily. You just need to try the right stuff.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Is GGX any fun? I've seen viideos that have made my want to try it, but it seems to be more towards imbalanced air combos like MvC2. Anyways if its brought I'd like to try it out.
Difference between GG and MVC2 is that GG uses a damage scaling and gravity system in air combos. Damage scaling decreases hitstun and damage, and gravity sends them lower and lower. Doing long air combos ends up not only doing piddly amounts of damage but also messes up your knockdowns so you can't do pressure anymore. Shorter air combos are usually best.

Oh yeah it's fun as hell to play.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
To Maelstrom: It's funnier to watch MvC2 than to play it... lol

Difference between GG and MVC2 is that GG uses a damage scaling and gravity system in air combos. Damage scaling decreases hitstun and damage, and gravity sends them lower and lower. Doing long air combos ends up not only doing piddly amounts of damage but also messes up your knockdowns so you can't do pressure anymore. Shorter air combos are usually best.

Oh yeah it's fun as hell to play.
But what truly shines in GGXX imo is the character design. The one that thought about all of the characters' moves is a real genius. You get a lot of variety and different playstyles... Plus, this game is more balanced than most fighters.

There's a rumor that says that ^C will be on the Wii... I hope it does cause my PS2 is dead and I'm stuck playing #R... :(

Locke)

Smash Ace
Alright just tell me which character is the best in the game and I should be set.

Anyways, how is the west coast doing? Any updates? This thread needs more Carl the hurtin' Albertan.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
On topic, will we record matches MLG style? I don't mean live streaming but maybe we can have some commentators? I don't know, I always liked watching matches with good commentators and/or background noise + good quality recording, kind of like the STYD1 crew battle.

Anyways I'm pretty psyched for this ****.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Alright just tell me which character is the best in the game and I should be set.
- well, in Reload version it would be Eddie, Slayer or Robo-Ky
- in Slash version (I haven't played it though) I heard that it's Sol and Ky

Newbies tend to pick up Sol/Ky first. In my case, I went for Potemkin first (cause grapplers are my thing) after that learned Baiken a bit but now I'm interested in trying Anji out.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
John Madden:
-In order to get a kill, you must hit them off the edge!
-It's important that he doesn't get hit, so that he can survive!

Actually I don't know what I'm talking about I just heard him comment in this one video game and he said something like "First downs are good, they let you advance the ball." and that is just redonk.

Also Locke) goes for top tiers already >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom