• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament ~ EC vs WC June 30th - Largest Tournament in CDN history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Do we have to stick with whatever char we put in the main char box, or is it just for reference?

Locke)

Smash Ace
Lanowen is it possible to add a money match function to your website? It'd be a hell of a lot easier than searching through dozens of pages of this thread to rememebr who has challenged you. Maybe along the same lines as listing you're in singles or doubles, but listing which characters you're accepting money matches with.

Vwins

Smash Ace
MM is your own responsability but if lanowen doesnt mind then its a good idea. oh and btw you should write on the title of the thread that you can register something like that.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Exactly what I said. Don't be johning when WC gets ***** and you go "oh well our best players didn't come". At least bring your top 5 and we'll be happy. If the top 5 of each coast comes, then we're set.
Chesterr I know you want to avoid any pre emptive johns or some **** like that but think about it. If WC even started talking like that I'd be suprised if you took it seriously.

Consider this, if we were to hold a very large trans canadian tournament in say, Edmonton or Vancouver would EC even bother to attend? I don't think so. You need to respect the fact that WC is even making an effort to show up and not set up expectations that may be impossible to achieve.

Whatever the outcome of the crew battle, if WC johns its just johns, if EC johns its just johns. I don't understand why EC trashtalks so much anyway.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lanowen is it possible to add a money match function to your website? It'd be a hell of a lot easier than searching through dozens of pages of this thread to rememebr who has challenged you. Maybe along the same lines as listing you're in singles or doubles, but listing which characters you're accepting money matches with.
Okay, let me think about how I can do that.

And at the tournament, let's be civil, and keep MMing like, not super advertised. Just make it look normal :3

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chesterr I know you want to avoid any pre emptive johns or some **** like that but think about it. If WC even started talking like that I'd be suprised if you took it seriously.

Consider this, if we were to hold a very large trans canadian tournament in say, Edmonton or Vancouver would EC even bother to attend? I don't think so. You need to respect the fact that WC is even making an effort to show up and not set up expectations that may be impossible to achieve.

Whatever the outcome of the crew battle, if WC johns its just johns, if EC johns its just johns. I don't understand why EC trashtalks so much anyway.
You know me well, I don't want no preemptive OR aftermath johns. That why I want WC representation. I'm not a very big trashtalker online myself, I just do comments about what I see.

From what I've seen, the trashtalk that comes from EC was sparked from the... well not trashtalk, more "self-gratification" that some WCers stick on each other and on themselves. I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about, so I won't go there. The mood was set up this way, sad but true. It escalated until someone (at this point, you) said that there was too much trashtalk. Was it unfriendly or not? For some points yes; for others, no.

When I posted in the other thread that I wanted the best from WC to come, it's just so we don't get a situation where EC wins, and WC goes "well that guy wasn't there, and him too and umm, yeah, it doesn't mean anything". If you can say that you guys can live with that, then I have nothing to complain about.

If Edmonton or Vancouver was planning a trans canadian tournament, at the moment I can assure you that we'd all try. Even if some of top EC guys wouldn't go, like if 2 or 3 of the top 5 from EC didn't go, I would not john if we lost because in the end, we lost, plain and simple. I'd say "we'll get you next time" and move on.

BUT, you have to understand that even though we are pushing you guys to come, it's not like we're gonna be hatin' on each other or anything.
If WC doesn't show much representation, we won't disrespect you guys, we don't have the right to. It would bring shame and disrespect to ourselves. If 3 of you guys come, so be it. If 15 WCers come, happy party. There will be a lot of animosity during that tournament, but if everyone is like me, it'll be all in good fun, and we'll be happy to fight each other, cuz in the end we all love the same game.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Yo **** that ****, West Coast's got nothin' on the East Coast, all you guys have are a bunch of washed up old veterans like CLAWK-WORK! Seriously, I beat those mutha****in' *****es down and I ain't considered!? What a ****in' joke, this **** ain't no popularity contest!...and then you got, like, John, who's supposedly the best person on the West Coast...I will play John 500-1000 dollars; I will play Carl 500-1000 dollars. Any one of those mutha****ers wana play me, bet it. They suck! They don't deserve to be here.

(This is an inside joke. Please do not take this seriously. If you want to know what the **** I'm talking about, MSN me. Thank you.)

( EC > WC *****es)

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I'm not too good, so I won't money match, except for maybe $1, but I'll friendly match anyone.

Dice

Smash Lord
What da heck is housing priority? And what makes you high and mighty? If you mean priority by skill then that's pretty disappointing. You can't force yourself into someone's house cause you have 'priority'. I can understand anyone from out of country/province though, and I hope that's what you were talking about.

Anyways Del distance wouldn't really be a problem. Plus you guys are chill.

-Locke on Dice's Account

D

Deleted member

Then it shouldn't be a problem at all. My house is pretty **** big, so it should be good.

Edit: As much as I'd like to see Ottawa and Montreal have a big drrty cat fight, there are many houses in NNR's hood yo. There are enough basements to go around.

Vwins

Smash Ace
What da heck is housing priority? And what makes you high and mighty? If you mean priority by skill then that's pretty disappointing. You can't force yourself into someone's house cause you have 'priority'. I can understand anyone from out of country/province though, and I hope that's what you were talking about.

Anyways Del distance wouldn't really be a problem. Plus you guys are chill.

-Locke on Dice's Account
yeah the people who travel the most time have a priority on the housing . But the priority by skill is not a bad idea lol :embarrass

D

Deleted member

Vwins, lolling 3 times in a one line post is not cool, I don't care how French you are

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Yo **** that ****, West Coast's got nothin' on the East Coast, all you guys have are a bunch of washed up old veterans like CLAWK-WORK! Seriously, I beat those mutha****in' *****es down and I ain't considered!? What a ****in' joke, this **** ain't no popularity contest!...and then you got, like, John, who's supposedly the best person on the West Coast...I will play John 500-1000 dollars; I will play Carl 500-1000 dollars. Any one of those mutha****ers wana play me, bet it. They suck! They don't deserve to be here.

(This is an inside joke. Please do not take this seriously. If you want to know what the **** I'm talking about, MSN me. Thank you.)

( EC > WC *****es)
lol you have to be a tiny black guy with buck teeth who sounds like he's on helium all the time to pull that one off ThatGuy ;)

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
all i know is if i lose any rounds, i will have so many johns in me back pocket. i been around long enough to know that a loss is never my fault!

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
So which notable players from THE West Coast are confirmed to be going alllll the way to Ontario iyo?

I can't get over that it seems to make more sense for all the good Canadian players to go to one big tourney in THE America and we just do THE WC vs. EC there. Because there will be tons of other American smashers and even European/Japanese smashers to face to make the trip more worth it imo tbqh.[/party pooper]

Damax

Smash Lord
So which notable players from THE West Coast are confirmed to be going alllll the way to Ontario iyo?

I can't get over that it seems to make more sense for all the good Canadian players to go to one big tourney in THE America and we just do THE WC vs. EC there. Because there will be tons of other American smashers and even European/Japanese smashers to face to make the trip more worth it imo tbqh.[/party pooper]
We're already doing it in THE america... but if you mean USA:
time and money issues? nomsain. making it in either of the two regions increase the number of possible smashers of that given region. In USA I'd suspect a 5 vs 5 at best but most likely a 3vs 3. no one's willing to waste as much money and time as before.

Going to USA only makes us farther for both of the parties. Also big tournaments are either 16 hours away from us and 40 for you or 40 for us and 16 for you.

The fact there's less american can only give us more time to **** you WCers. They are welcome though as we are welcome in THEIR tournaments.

Your arguments totaly makes no sense to me ears.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying the distance both Vancouver and Edmonton would have to travel to get to THE OC3 and THE Melee-FC Next is less than getting to Mississauga, and I'm only assuming both of those tourneys are going to be bigger and have more notable smashers imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom