• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Vids (Am I trying?)

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
i got affinity to teach me how to play against MK

if you take away what makes metaknight good, speed and offense, then he just turns into a light weight character. play reserved, don't rush, bait and space. MK will try to pressure you onto the ledge where he'll gimp you, so keep the center of the stage under your control. i pick stages with platforms because they are a quick escape in bad situations. Norfair is an anti MK stage so you can also CP that. you will never edge guard MK safely by jumping off the stage so instead just use bomb drops to catch him down low and arrows to hit him farther out.
Arkive, do you think I covered these topics well enough in my analysis, or should I go more in-depth? I might not have covered those topics enough....

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Your Link is something else man, absolutely sick. I'm gonna have to work on incorporating fsmash into my game a bit more. It seems really useful :)

D

Deleted member

Arkive, do you think I covered these topics well enough in my analysis, or should I go more in-depth? I might not have covered those topics enough....
i skimmed your guide on the very first day you posted it and i looked at the pictures but other than that i havent read it lol. i'll look at it and tell you if you need to add anything lol.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Try to understand that story first try.
*raises hand* I did!!!

No rly.

On another note... I have this freak replay saved of a team battle and it was me and a Kirby vs a Fox, and Kirby Dsmashed Fox near the ledge while my galerang went over, and it reversed the knockback from up to down... of which, for lack of a better word, spiked Fox. That was the one time the gale effect actually KO'd an opponent after they had been hit offstage.

Deva

Smash Lord
Man, I really wish I could cp Norfair more often. People always ban it against me xD. And I never get to use it against MK since I never play more than 2 rounds with them =P. Seriously though, MK is such a fun matchup, he's so easy to space and gets hit by the dair than any other character. I've yet to be succesfully gimped by an MK in tournament too lol. I'm actually glad the entire Brawl community is going MK. It just makes things that much more easy/ fun/ interesting for me in tournament.

And awesome vids Arkive, ^_^.

Legan

Smash Lord
Ive been getting norfair banned against me when I started using it against DDD. When thats banned it's pretty much game over. DDD is by far in my book, links worst matchup

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Man, I really wish I could cp Norfair more often. People always ban it against me xD. And I never get to use it against MK since I never play more than 2 rounds with them =P. Seriously though, MK is such a fun matchup, he's so easy to space and gets hit by the dair than any other character. I've yet to be succesfully gimped by an MK in tournament too lol. I'm actually glad the entire Brawl community is going MK. It just makes things that much more easy/ fun/ interesting for me in tournament.

And awesome vids Arkive, ^_^.
What do you do when MK is ledgeguarding with shuttle loop? Like my friend will have this zone of shuttle loop and it owns me pretty hard. Like he will drop off the stage recover with shuttle loop repeat.

PokemonMaster

Smash Cadet
how do you recover from the ledge like that?
Where you hook-shot from it, then it looks like a short hop forward air just above the ledge.

I tried to do it, but I just keep jumping up high off the ledge.

D

Deleted member

Man, I really wish I could cp Norfair more often. People always ban it against me xD.
i have the same problem with luigi's mansion >_< lol

people saw me 0-death my crew mate (jab locks) during brackets all 3 times and now the common consensus is to ban it while fighting me >_<

i need to learn how to play on norfair without getting lava *****, i've just found out why you say its a good link stage, the fcking dair kills at 80% @_@

DDD is by far in my book, links worst matchup
haven't you played attack storm or Jace? i will always say that falco is a 9:1 advantage over link. D3 has to actually try to edge guard you where falco just has to space the last throw right and dair you.

****s weak!!!

sasook

Smash Champion
And I never get to use it against MK since I never play more than 2 rounds with them =P. Seriously though, MK is such a fun matchup, he's so easy to space and gets hit by the dair than any other character. I've yet to be succesfully gimped by an MK in tournament too lol. I'm actually glad the entire Brawl community is going MK. It just makes things that much more easy/ fun/ interesting for me in tournament.
Be sure to take note how jealous the rest of us are lol

Deva

Smash Lord
xD Sasook <3

@Metro, I usually get a lot of verrtical heigth out of my DI so I have time to pull a bomb when I second jump and throw a rang at the stage while I recover. The rang usually prevents MK from getting in the position to properly gimp me, and even if it doesnt and he edge guards me anyways, I still got a bomb in hand so I just DI the edge guard to get a lot of vertical heigth again and it usually explodes by that time and I just DI towards the stage and it's fair game again.

@Arkive, not to mention you can freakin auto cancel it from anywhere on the stage =P. You can seriously spam the hell outa Dair on norfair without worrying about landing lag. On top of that the platforms are set up great for running away and spamming, not to mention if you get edge hogged and wiff the ledge you can just grab the next one below you =P. And once you learn to control the lava, omg, **** doesnt even begin to describe it =P. But really, I dont even pay that much attention to the lava. I just try not to get hit by it and throw **** at my opponent so they lose their balance and fall in xD.

@Legan, for a while I was thinkin it was too. But then I realized, it's not the worst, just the most gey and boring. Eggz started maining DDD, omg it's soooooo gey. just cg to gimp over and over and over. Only solution you have is to ban FD. As long as there's at least one platform you'll be ok. From there you only have 1 option really. It's like the suicide bomb tactic against Falco. . .except for the whole match xD. You can't space him with anything except zair due to the gey grab range that make's Marth look like he had baby hands in melee, and even then if you dont space it perfectly your screwed. Instead, just run away, throw bombs, try to stay above him on platforms and throw bombs down, BF is a great stage for this or even let them cp Green Greens so you can stay on the 2 platforms and do the same thing. Just dont let them get you down on the stage lol. Then randomly if you either mispace the zair or they powershield or whatever, just throw the bomb down at your feet. You're not even safe holding the bomb since randomely the slide annimation when he down throws you keeps the blast from the bomb from hitting him and he just runs up and grabs you again. Honestly if you play like this the whole match, he'll never really get an edge on you but it's boring as hell and you have to be really careful. Only semi fool proof recovery I've found is after the cg, double jump and pull a bomb. They'll usually bair you after the bomb pull. Just keep upb-ing towards him into the bairs until he stops bairing since there's no way you can make it back to the stage, and by then the bomb should explode at the last second and you should be able to recover. There's a few exeptions to this not working, but as long as you play campy run away gey throwing bombs down from above/ blowing yourself up, you shouldn't be in the situation much xD.

Fino

Smash Master
Sorry to hurt people... but I think all three of us were sandbagging XD. I never go IC's in a tournament match. lulz. I also mind gamed arkive into not picking his stage hahaha. He was like, I'ma go weegee's mansion, and I'm like... if you do I'll go IC's. ****! lulz, even MY IC's do work on weegee's.... My plan was to get back into grand finals, but 8bit decided to jew me with a kirby-cide. *** <_<
Anyways, they were epic games. I just can't play my full against my crew XD //end johns lulz
[λ]ŗҜĨ٧Ę˝ŽΣŕỠ is still TOO good

~Fino

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yeah, if you watch Arkive's vids versus 8bit a few months ago, it definitely looks like some sandbaggage.

Ty for the info Deva. F d3, I played against a good one the other day and that **** is tough. I think MK is a better match up. At least I can play on the stage versus MK.

Top Bottom