• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament vids of Ankoku's Sheik

demodemo

Smash Ace
i watched the set with panda since i dont recognize anyone else

first match was painful to watch, to say the least, watching you die as zelda TWICE. some general comments include finding better times to transform, including offstage DJ+transform. good close up pressure though, could use more dsmash

second match you were getting pressured a lot on the edge, and my advice may sound strange, but you should try the <100% get up attack more. it actually has some pretty good priority, and if your opponent is on the very edge it can send them away from the stage, and even shield poke. not much else to say though :| since getup attack probably would have been shielded + utilted.

playing defensively in smashville is tricky against snake since his projectile game with his grenades is just as difficult to dodge as needles. but grenades are more disruptive than needles, and you are eventually going to be moving, either to dodge the needles or approach. i sugggest you try picking up the grenades for once (did you pick up a single one the entire set? haha) and throwing them back. this will force panda to cook his grenades, which gives you a lot more breathing room. you should try bair during close range pressure instead of jabs and ftilts all the time.

while zelda you need to calm down, and use dins fire more. dins fire is not as bad as you are making it seem lol. there was a stock where you grabbed snake at once side of smashville and bthrowed him to theother side (i think you knew it wasnt gonna kill) but you really should have dthrowed or fthrown him and dins pressured in the air :\. if you don't pressure him in the air snake is going to drop all of his little toys down while he descends. i dunno though, i'm not some zelda main, but your zelda still makes some pretty strange decisions..

good stuff overall, i liked the use of chain and jabs.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
lol sometimes at the precognitive anouncers.

Anyway, Zelda needs a LOT of work.

You seem to play her as if she were Sheik, but she's a totally different character. Din use is good but not frequent. ( in VS Snake 1 he was standing there for a few seconds totally open).

Approaching with Zelda seems to be a problem. It's good that you tried to Lightning Kick OOS but you didn't do it at the right time. It's best after a sheilding an attack or snake recovers, not as an approach. Running U-smashes almost got you punished. They're better as follow ups or punishment for laggy attacks.

Snake is really easy to spike and f-air. I've never played in tournaments but in my experience NL > Spike works beautifully on him. Running off the edge is often confusing, so run off to lower Zelda and when you jump back up he's open for b-air business.

Samurai knows how to sheild and space quite well making lightning kicks OOS difficult, but not impossible. Try practicing set ups with Zelda. Many of her moves flow into others quite nicely, imo, better than sheiks.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good video's Ankoku mainly the panda set but at times you switch to zelda for the kill at some questionable %.

The one that got me the most bother was in the last match against panda. His snake was at 160% and you just died. Sheik kill moves are definitely capable of killing snake at that % and sheik is a lot better at not getting hurt then Zelda is so I see no reason why you switched unless you made the mistakes of thinking Zelda back throw could kill snake at that %...which it would of if he wasn't on the far side of the stage.

Other then that you use the fsmash a lot, sometimes wisely sometimes on shield...which I think is pure suicide.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I noticed a critical error in your playstyle, you continually use Down B.

*Edit*
+ Your chain game has definately gotten better, you know the right situations and when to retract.
+ Your needle camping was for the most part effective at shutting down his grenade game, though your throwing of fully charged needles was pretty predictable. Needles don't lose their charge within 5 seconds.
+ Your use of rapid jabs is sparing but effective, I saw you very rarely punished for it.
- I stand by my initial statement, your Zelda isn't good. Get better or don't use her, at the moment she's just acting as a hindrance. Why would you transform when he's 160% anyway? But yeah, the second stock of the 3rd Samurai Panda game illustrates my point.
- You rolled past someone when in a neutral position, in Brawl you don't do that.
- Be a little more ... adventurous in your edgeguarding, or lack of it. Often you'll just stand on the stage and wait for Panda to recover high. You can get to him before then.
- You use F Smash about as much as B Air...lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Space with bair a lot more, use fsmash a lot less.

I loved your use of the chain in the first vid vs. Panda.

I'm not a big fan of rapid jabs......but it works for you I guess.

You still roll far too much.

If your going to use Zelda for kills.....at least get semi-competent with her. One of the drawbacks to switching to Zelda is that your opponent knows your just going for the quick KO and they just try to rack up chip damage.......you have to play Zelda as if the match just started.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Utilt more w/ Zelda. Lolz @ when u thought u killed Snake w/ Usmash and switched back to Sheik.

Good videos. Do you usually beat SamuraiPanda? B/c he seemed to be very timid with Snake playing u.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Dude, you're waaaaaay too obvious with Zelda.
Try to grab once or twice. You should notice that SamuraiPanda ran up and guarded, because he saw your smashes coming, a grab would have been a quitter.

Error!!!

Smash Rookie
nice =]]]

Yo nice vids ankoku. I realy liked ur fight against pit. The way u used sheik to damg and zelda was nice. i have seen people do it befor but u got it done like 1-2-3. =] Nice job

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
good matches
one little thing i noticed was that whenever you got d-throwed by both of the snakes, you consistently just got up without an attack.. i thought samuraipanda could've punished it after you repeated yourself a couple of times

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
Well Ankoku, Ive trained my sheik every day for almost a year straight, I like your gameplay but I want to know if I can challenge you? I'm one of the few Sheiks in the Southeast of Tennessee. Interested? PM me

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
You make playing Sheik look like a lot of fun. I know the feeling. It really doesn't happen on wifi that often, unfortunately, but when I get a car I'll be able to get more involved with the tournament scene.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha be more patient and dont roll towards snake. in fact u hardly wanna approach him at all when ur sheik.

with zelda i say use the air more because the ground spacing game is very simple vs snake, it's a rock paper scissors match where snake's punishment is more powerful (ftilt) if you jump around using bairs nairs and fairs and airdodges, you will add a whole nother element to ur zelda game

and yea my only qualm with ur sheik is patience and decision making (u make lots of weird ones) and bad habits (rolling)

sometimes u even wanna be so patient that u stay on the ledge for a while to choose the correct way to get up

youre pretty good ankoku : ) just make better decisions (i realize these vids are a month old, have u improved?)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Well Ankoku, Ive trained my sheik every day for almost a year straight, I like your gameplay but I want to know if I can challenge you? I'm one of the few Sheiks in the Southeast of Tennessee. Interested? PM me
LMAO @ this post

Top Bottom