• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament videos ^_^.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, I went to a tournament yesterday and tried out my Falco.

I got 1st >_>...

Anyways, videos should be uploaded to the Wifi Wars youtube account soon.

I really need help avoiding the tornado with falco >_<. He always seems to catch me before I can laser him out of it. I had to switch to G&W for most of the grand finals because of it...so I want some good critique. Videos to come soon ^_^.

Neb

Smash Lord
Trader...>.>.
You go behind the G&W communities back and pick-up Falco, :{?
Lol, I keed. Good job, man.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Team videos are up. Check out the WifiWars youtube channel. I would post the links, but I am on my wii. I would appriciate someone copy&pasting them for me <3.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Meh, even if you beat me in that match there would have still been another match to play.

Anyways, that fifth match was great. I especially enjoyed the part where the DK F-smashed the GaW.

Also, I'm not sure how to beat Meta's whorenado at close range. I usually just shield it and wait for the attack to end.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Hylian, your Falco is epic. That double spike against MK's last stock was amazing. DSS - Double Spike Suicide.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Your falco is looking good so far, hylian. But you need MOAR phantasm. It's so unpunishable it's hilarious. Except on an edge guarding game and watch. SH immediate phantasms in the middle of a stage are really helpful, they rack up damage and you can just spam them. I wish I had a way to record my matches ;__;

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If you see the *****-nado coming, even if they're close you should have time to shine them out of it. Its kinda hard to predict, though...

D

Deleted member

Lookin good Hylian as always. Good to see more action in the Falco scene.

clowsui

Smash Legend
probably not, doubles is best w/ ppl who compliment each other (fox ike, falco ike, fox/falco snake, falco/dk, falco/fox d3, etc)

also on a sidenote i recorded some vids yesterday with my friends that'll be up soon, i made a shoutout to you wasabicheese XD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ok if seth wont answer, this is directed to Hylian. do YOU think that u'll pull double falco's in doubles?
Maybe. Probably not against top teams though.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
And let it be known, that at that same tournament, I used Falco for the first time in a tourney match and beat Dojo. Suck on that. :)

But really, watching Hylian and Sethlon is a huge help. How do you think I did well with him and I had never used him before?

The team matches were intense... I peed a little.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Hylian your death to tornado spamming makes me sad ;_;
Those matches were decent but you need to rely on tilts more! Utilt and Ftilt are fantastic, I can't stress this enough.
Also since Metaknight needs to get close a lot you have a good chance of tripping him with the Shine, so just wait, shield and then punish.
Don't get so campy with grabs, it gets a bit obvious.
Don't rely on gatling combo so much, instead opt for a laser or an ftilt or a well spaced move. At higher percents its unreliable.
Needs more attempts at off the top kills, you left him wide open in the air a lot when you had a chance to bair or uair for pressure or kills.

It was a very nice Falco though, nice laser usage + usmash usage but there's just a few things you need to improve on

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Singles videos are up.

And thanks. Remember I had only been using Falco 4 days when these were recorded lol.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Pretty **** beastly for a 4 day old Falco. Watching those whorenados killed me a little bit inside.

That Lee guy has a very decent Falco too. But his Fsmashes were punished everytime. It connected maybe once the whole battle.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Thanks, I don't know why I even played Falco in tournament. I saw Hylian do it and I was like hey, let's wing it. Hylian told me to stop fsmashing after that match too...

I wish you guys could have seen the 1st match in the series. I killed myself 3 times. Don't know what happened, haha. At least I lost to dojo by killing myself that first round and not some random scrub. He 3 stocked my Ganon :(

PS: Never played Ganon in teams against a MK. NEVER.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
That was an on-the-fly Falco? Honestly, I couldn't tell. Good show.

Regarding your sig... LOL.

Top Bottom