• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament prizes

What would you want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just wondering, but other than cash (which I think we'd all like) what other types of prizes would everyone be interested in for side tournaments and such. Preferably, choose only a couple so it's easier to see what's more popular than "well I guess I'd like that" and vote em all.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Usually at LanSmash we get random PC stuff from our sponsor/other stuff donated like Anime DVDs.

Go with smash related shirts or something :)

Zero

Smash Hero
VC game is probably a good idea. On the other hand, since too many people have hacked Wii's, then that's not really viable.

PLUSHIES ZOMGGGGGG

Alzi

Smash Master
Plushies give you the biggest smile when you know you have won them. Then you take them home and lock them up in a cabinet for viewing purposes. lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
options that need to be added:

- a trophy
- signed picture of silentspectre
- signed picture of dekar

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The Perth guys have the Genesis shirt I got signed by M2K, DaShizWiz, HungryBox, Armada and a bunch of others like Dojo, Hylian uhhhh Princess Aura, a few others too.

I still have my Fox hat signed by Zelgadis though :)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Usually at LanSmash we get random PC stuff from our sponsor/other stuff donated like Anime DVDs.

Go with smash related shirts or something :)
Diiiiiiid someone summon me? =]
I can do that, just ask my satisfied customers, Atilla, Ugly, Jei and X.

And my annoying, socially ******** customer Atlas. =_=

note to self: go to f*cking sleep.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I concidered that, but then I flashed back....
OMG It's Ron from Kim Possible :D

I primarily would like clothing or some other memorabilia of the tournament... To be honest, if it isn't a prize, I'd suggest selling tournament memorabilia like shirts/badges/special deodorant cans (LOL) as a side thing; profits can go to the pot, to other novelty prizes such as what you're suggesting, or to other perks :D... Or include the shirt in with venue fee :D

Plushies is universally liked, go with those.
I must be the only one on here who doesn't like plushies =_="

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
OMG It's Ron from Kim Possible :D

I primarily would like clothing or some other memorabilia of the tournament... To be honest, if it isn't a prize, I'd suggest selling tournament memorabilia like shirts/badges/special deodorant cans (LOL) as a side thing; profits can go to the pot, to other novelty prizes such as what you're suggesting, or to other perks :D... Or include the shirt in with venue fee :D
Thing is, Sam and Rob had their own custom shirts at Rocky and I asked about the prices they said they were about 100 bucks for the two of em. Admittedly they were pretty good quality, but I don't really know much about that. Where's Sam when you need him...

Sirias

Smash Champion
Plushies.

Who the FK wants to win clothing?
You wanna walk out wearing a shirt to do with Smash or something?
Kool.
I'd rather win a HUSKY/DOG PLUSHIE! <3
Or, rather, just money, so I can buy my own one. c:

MTGod

Smash Champion
Thing is, Sam and Rob had their own custom shirts at Rocky and I asked about the prices they said they were about 100 bucks for the two of em. Admittedly they were pretty good quality, but I don't really know much about that. Where's Sam when you need him...
Keep in mind though that they custom made each shirt - not sure if it was the same logo or not, but Sam put Corpsecreate on the back of his, so they wouldn't have done a discount for two different shirts... If you buy in bulk (like 50), then I can't see them NOT giving a discount, but then again you lose the uniqueness of having your alias on your shirt :p

Who the FK wants to win clothing?
I could say that about plushies too, but of course I'd be severely outnumbered on this forum =.= It all depends on the society, and it seems this society is one of plushies :p Of course, 50% roughly of people are saying they would like to win clothing - not too far behind plushies :D

Basically, unless the plushies were limited edition or tournament specific or something, I don't see why I'd prefer winning them over money... That goes for clothing too... Side event prizes should be something that relates to the tournament, and not something you can readily pick up from KMart or the like :p (obvious exaggeration but you get the point)...

Trophies was a good idea, to whoever mentioned that :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hi five for you Rick, but it's a non-enthusiastic hi five because you're a lemming :p

Alzi

Smash Master

Cao theres only one official Fox plushie that is from the 1990's and it cost around $200-$500 since it's really rare along with that set.

I don't understand how people would want to win clothing or any other crap stuff like signed stuff from pro brawl players who arn't even famous in the real world just famous for being good at a game.

PLUSHIES PLUSHIES PLUSHIES.

Pete278

Smash Lord
HOW DARE PEOPLE WANT SOMETHING FROM SOMEONE THEY LOOK UP TO? THOSE STUPID IDIOTS, IF THEY JUST LISTENED TO ALZI THEN THEY'D KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY WANT AND THEN THEY'D DO LIGHTNING KICKS.

Seriously though, Pikmin plushies are the ****. Purple Hyphen Smash irl ftw.

Alzi

Smash Master

Yay for Pikmin Plushies. =D.

But seriously tournaments should have side tourneys were people who are bad at brawl actually have a chance to win somthing. You know they go there knowing they will get ***** but go there to try and have fun. Why not add in a extra few fun side tournaments and plushies so some might win them like Pete here. He is bad at brawl so we should have side tournaments for him to be able to win a pikmin plushies. Somtimes don't even have a side tournament just draw names out of a hat so turn it into luck based somtimes.

[/size]

Alzi

Smash Master
Tropheys are pretty lame aswell though.

I would rather win cash and some plushies or figurines at major tournaments then a trophy.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
that cool tekken hoddie is cool... hoddies are cool...
maybe a bayonetta bra lolol
ganon jock strap...
man clothes are cool.

the only plushie i approve is a C.Falcon one.
you can hug his biceps, they feel like pillows.

**** pikmin.

Alzi

Smash Master
I think someone made that on deviant art. No offical Falcon plush from nintendo Exists yet..

Some perthians might be happy in winning this. WA WA.

Top Bottom