• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in San Fernando Valley Sunday 12-9-07 - UPDATED.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Who would be interested? my parents are gonna be out of town til the 15th, and i can't do the tourney on saturday - especially since theres already 2 going on.

if this doesn't get enough attention, it'll probably be a smashfest

So i guess this is happening.

Burbank, CA

Time:
You can get here for warm ups as early as 10 a.m.
Doubles will start at 11:00 am SHARP. We will NOT wait for you if you are running late so be on time or miss out.
You can come late for singles, but please do not ask what time it will start, they will start near the end of doubles.

Entry Fee:

Doubles - $10 Per Team ($5 each)
Singles - $5 per person

Prize -
1st) $60
2nd)$30
3rd)$10

Parking: Feel free to park anywhere EXCEPT in the parking lot in the front of the apartments.

TOURNAMENT RULES: (from Knives' Riverside Thread)
Random stages - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams(singles).
Banned Stages - Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Yoshi's Island, Brinstar Depths, Four Side, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island 64, Mushroom Kingdom I, Great Bay, Mute City(doubles), Fountain of Dreams(doubles)
Stage/Character selection - You may ask for a double blind pick first round. First round stage is random. If you do not wish the play the randomed stage, you may null it once and only once. If nulled, a random stage will be chosen again.
The winner of the previous round will choose one stage to ban. Loser chooses one stage to ban.You MAY ban NEUTRAL stages. Loser will then announce stage. Winner will choose character. Loser will choose character. No stage played twice.
Facing the same opponent - If you happen to face the same opponent twice, the match will be best of 4 out of 7. Wins from the previous set will carry over, meaning the winner will star with 2 wins and the loser with 1 or 0.

The use of the IC Infinite otherwise known as "Wobbles" is BANNED. If a player uses the infinite then they forfeit that game of the set automatically. The set will continue as normal. If the violation occurs in the first game, then the rules follow as usual. Etc. NO EXCEPTIONS.

HAZE SPECIFIC RULES:
1. You MUST take off your shoes before entering my house - we take care of our carpet. If you do not do this i will ask you to leave until you return without your shoes. (it's a safe area, you wont get jacked like at kens.)

2. Respect my house. Don't leave your trash laying around for somebody to clean up, i will have multiple trashcans set up throughout my house to throw your **** away.

3. There will be no eating or drinking in my house, unless the drink is in a closed conatainer. I don't want random spills. If you're going to eat, do not bring it back inside of my house, i will ask you to eat it outside.

4.MONEY MATCHES - Please do your money matches when there is FREE TIME.

5. Make sure to wear deodorant and TAKE A SHOWER the day of or night before the tournament. A room full of 100 Smashers (typically male) is not cool if we do not make it a point to be So Fresh and So Clean Clean.

FOOD:
1)There's lots of places to eat nearby, including COSTCO, in n out, chipotle, and a whole **** load of things. if you want to find something, i'll be glad to direct you.

2) if you need to go eat, let me know before hand so i can hold off your matches, if you don't tell me and i call a match, and you haven't shown up, i WILL DISQUALIFY YOUR MATCH.

WE NEED TV'S and GAMECUBES (w/ SSBM) TO MAKE THE TOURNAMENT GO AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.

list:

TV:
1)mikeHAZE
2)mikeHAZE
3)Neighborhood P

Cubes:
1)mikeHAZE
2)neighborhood P
3)Girl.

Please help out, i want this to be run as smooth as possible.

LuCKy

Smash Master
1st post wooo but ill go

and win

-edit wtf!!!!! i wanted 1st post............

Girl

Smash Apprentice
I am going for sure......dude, if MikeHAZE hosts a tourney, how is it not gonna get enough attention. This $hit is gonna be bigger than UCLA

Girl

Smash Apprentice
put me down for a gamecube and a copy of smash....possibly a TV

Girl

Smash Apprentice

HAZE SPECIFIC RULES:

5. Make sure to wear deodorant and TAKE A SHOWER the day of or night before the tournament. A room full of 100 Smashers (typically male) is not cool if we do not make it a point to be So Fresh and So Clean Clean.

I laughed when i first reead that....but then i realize how true it is, so yea people, wear deodorant@!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Jesus if doubles start at 11 PM when do singles start? :O

Lame jokes aside, I'm sure I'll have either saturday or sunday off, if it's sunday I'll go to this, if it's saturday I'll go to moogledude's, if for some reason I have both off then I don't know. :laugh:

Edit: Is Burbank in San Fernando Valley??

araknophobik

Smash Master
i was going to take a break until best of 07 due to finals
but i can't deny myself a sunday tourny
i'll go if i can team with a falco
whether it be evilnem, zhu, or larry =]

edit: or a jiggly by the name of atlus ;) i got a couple of game plans teaming with a jiggs like yours

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If someone pays for my entry and gives me a ride, I'll go :(

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
Yo is anyone from the LA area going? can I catch a ride and throw down some gas money? Id be super psyched if I could catch a ride...

AJAX

Top Bottom