• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Touhou Mafia~ The Girls' Have Been Robbed - Independent Marker Victory

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Alrighty. If town wants to convincingly swing that way before the deadline I have no qualms with that. If we're cutting it too close though, I expect you back on that Stew.

Dumb day to get voteblocked.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
We can always hit Sold tomorrow, I can't let Mentos rest. That's just from today alone, I don't even know what kind of scummy **** he's been busting all up in this thread.

'Sides, Sold's reactions today don't seem that scummy to me. I dunno if it's the way I'm reading them or the fact that I have't been around for a majority of the game but Stew's reactions just seem townish to me.
I want to try and take your words into consideration, but for a person who has admitted they didn't fully read the game and has recently made a misunderstanding of who said what...I find it hard to do this. =/

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's not WIFOM. I'm merely asking what the heck happened. Stop using that word if you're not gonna use it right.
Did the killer go down the brightly lit street in order to throw off the cop or did he go down the dark street because the cop didn't see him? Did a vig or an SK kill OS?

What's the difference between these two questions?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I want to try and take your words into consideration, but for a person who has admitted they didn't fully read the game and has recently made a misunderstanding of who said what...I find it hard to do this. =/
Why does it matter how much of the game I've read? Do scum change alignments between D1 and D3?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Rockin said:
Are you really gonna say this...?

Of course Mafia killed J. If it was a vig or w/e, they would've came clean by now (just like how soup spoke about killing Gord). My god man...

and my question is that where do I stand currently. You spoke of wanting to do a reread of me after my decision, but all I keep hearing is 'you 'undecided' about my alignment. What's up man?
*facepalm*

No Rockin, we don't know if Mafia killed J. We don't. It could have been a third party kill, a redirect etc. I don't know why everyone is so stuck up about figuring out who made the kills anyway, all this is wifom and we don't have all the answers. Yeah, mafia could have killed J but there are plenty of other situations where that does not happen. You're acting like you yourself know which bothers me.

And nothing is up. I simply don't have a conclusive answer about your alignment yet because you've done things I don't like while you have townish connections to players that have flipped scum. For the 16th time I don't think you're on the same scumteam as Gord and OS but I think you may be a different scum faction (possibly with Nix) or indy.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I swear you and Kuz are the most frustrating clears I've had in a game before.
But I'm not clear at all! Scumslip?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

!?!?!?

Maybe? Maybe not?

No, but I'm going to convince you guys that I'm town and Mentos is scum, and then I won't need my claim. Clams are also stupid as hell.
ok. mm clams

Hey guys, let's forget Stew's inactive *** and just go for the real scum:

Yeh, I don't see any reason town would say anything like these.

unvote vote: Mentos
Didn't I recently list Mentos as "scummy but not as scummy as other people" :( ah well.

unvote
Vote: Mentos

Yeeea need to catch up in this sometime. Kuz who should I be voting for?
Why must you be town?

Actually Zen, did you ever claim your character? I'm curious as to who would be the sole VT in Touhou.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Did the killer go down the brightly lit street in order to throw off the cop or did he go down the dark street because the cop didn't see him? Did a vig or an SK kill OS?

What's the difference between these two questions?
Because one I can trust, the other I can't trust.

Simple as that, and I won't have to worry about any posibilities.

Why does it matter how much of the game I've read? Do scum change alignments between D1 and D3?
Let me tell you something.

It's not just ME needs someone to trust. Others may need someone to trust. Information and knowledge of what's going on is key. Knowing your stances as well as opinion could indeed help on catching scum. This is why information and co-operation is important. I shouldn't have to tell you nor remind you of 'why it doesn't matter.' If you are to ever ask that, that means you still have a lot to learn. A lot.

I don't want to be a **** to you in anyway or given form, but if you're not gonna take this and future mafia games seriously, then you may want to re-think on playing future games. I don't know about you, but I want to win this for town as best as I can.

I don't want to rely my faith on a role who can't be trusted.

*facepalm*

No Rockin, we don't know if Mafia killed J. We don't. It could have been a third party kill, a redirect etc. I don't know why everyone is so stuck up about figuring out who made the kills anyway, all this is wifom and we don't have all the answers. Yeah, mafia could have killed J but there are plenty of other situations where that does not happen. You're acting like you yourself know which bothers me.
So fine.

You can go ahead and think if J got killed by either a Mafia, vigilante, or an SK as well as consider whether there's a different mafia faction or not. Hell, may as well debate on the fact that Overswarm got killed by either a vigilante, an sk, or a different mafia faction all together.

I on the other hand is gonna take the SIMPLE route and consider J got killed by a Mafia till proven otherwise.

You go and have fun pulling out your hair.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Because one I can trust, the other I can't trust.

Simple as that, and I won't have to worry about any posibilities.
Occam's Razor? I'll accept that.

Rockin said:
It's not just ME needs someone to trust. Others may need someone to trust. Information and knowledge of what's going on is key. Knowing your stances as well as opinion could indeed help on catching scum. This is why information and co-operation is important. I shouldn't have to tell you nor remind you of 'why it doesn't matter.' If you are to ever ask that, that means you still have a lot to learn. A lot.
Asdioh and Kuz have no issues trusting me????

Regardless, I see your point but I disagree with what you're saying in context of what you're quoting. Sure, Sold may be scummy. I can see him being scum, he's null to me. But his responses today strike me as town-esque. I do have reasons for it too. Just because I haven't read the thread 100% doesn't suddenly mean I can't find scum. I don't need to sort through a myriad of bull**** to find scummy actions and scummy intent.

The fact that you're trying to cast shadow on my thought process just because it's not influenced by a day and a half's worth of progress (and because I made a perfectly human mistake [wtf]) struck me as weird.

I don't want to be a **** to you in anyway or given form, but if you're not gonna take this and future mafia games seriously, then you may want to re-think on playing future games. I don't know about you, but I want to win this for town as best as I can.
Rockin, I know you haven't played any of the recent queue games, but if you can, please point out any other game besides this one that I have failed to take seriously. I know you're not trying to be a **** but I seriously am troubled by the fact that you are telling me I should not do something based on a very small scope where I'm acting out of my usual playstyle because of circumstances that came up and I couldn't replace out.

Believe me, I chose to leave this game and have expressed that I want to be killed because I am a liability. I tried replacing out when I knew I didn't have the time or energy to devote to this game. Ryker refused and told me I had to keep playing. I'm sorry, Real life takes precedent and I'm making due with what I can.

I don't want to rely my faith on a role who can't be trusted.
I can understand this.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
And what have you gained from your pseudo-closure that J was killed by the mafia? Fact of the matter is, I think a SK exists because of the OS kill. This is where this all spawned from. Who killed J is irrelevant but acting like you have all the answers just to give town the illusion of "trust" will end up sandbagging you later on.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ryker won't let people replace out but doesn't post votecounts even when people ask him to??

FoS: Ryker

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Since apparently Rockin wants my reads and such:

Asianaussie
Sold2
WashedLaundry
Zen
Nix2100
Rockin
Swiss Seph
Asdioh
Nabe
TehKuzinator
Mentosman8
Gova

This is an 18-player game. I'd wager around four scum. We've hit two. My current pool of scummy players:
Nix
Mentos
Asianaussie

I feel like Sold's possibly town. I can be swayed on that. Rockin worries me and while I trust Gova's claim does exactly what it says, I don't trust his alignment. I'm leaving him alone though.

Seph, myself, Zen, Kuz, and Asdioh are all claimed and we have no reason not to doubt it for the moment. Nabe's null.

To sum it up:

Scum: AA, Mentos, Nix
Null: Rockin, Gova, Nabe, Sold
Town: Claimants+Seph

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I have issues with the AA and Nix claims because they're both inactive and that worries me that my scum picks are conveniently the least active players but considering that everything's claimed at the moment, I have to accept that at face value.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
One last thing: Mentos confirmed himself as scum when he said "I wouldn't vote Rockin just to get a lynch." Remember my question on "who is responsible for D1's no lynch?" Exactly what I was looking for.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kuz claimed? I know Smarg had an inno on him and Swiss(Seph) but I don't remember him claiming.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Touchy, touchy. Stop the holier than thou attitude, it doesn't suit you.
My response to ya wasn't meant to sound like a 'holier then thou.'

I was trying my best by stating something without sounding all high and mighty (cause god knows I ain't no where good (and even if I was, I want to try and be on the same level with everyone. ))

Asdioh and Kuz have no issues trusting me????
No shame in gathering more of who you think is town. I mean hell, that's what I always do

Rockin, I know you haven't played any of the recent queue games, but if you can, please point out any other game besides this one that I have failed to take seriously.
I can't, because I don't pay attention to games like that or try to keep a memory bank of a said incident when it comes to me playing with a new player.

When I play a game with someone new, instead of looking at their past games and trying to see if their attitude is the same or different in this game, I just...merely play the game...and take their play in both face value, and a good way to read them. Thing is, I dislike searching up old games when it comes to meta, cause it'll mean I'll be too heavily reliant on it (and using meta in a Mafia game should not be heavily considered, especially for cases. So, like any other game, I would see the new players and try to learn some things about them. Every action they do, I take it at face value as well as their 'first impression' (to me, that's just how metas are formed)

When I see something I dislike, like anything else, I call out on it and directly tell them (without trying to look down on them). Soooooo everything you do, I take it at face value ON THIS game. I don't know whether you really do act like this or not, but instead of letting it pass or w/e, I'm gonna vocally say something about it.

You have to understand it from my prespective. By saying 'I didn't read the whole day' tells me that you didn't care. When you don't care or take as much of a 'emergency need' of something, this becomes a concern to me. Yes, you have a role, and it's pretty fancy, but I myself can't take any word of what you say at heart, even if I want to.

I'm sorry again if I was in anyway a douche to you, but plz understand the responses had a pretty sour taste in my mouth.

And what have you gained from your pseudo-closure that J was killed by the mafia? Fact of the matter is, I think a SK exists because of the OS kill. This is where this all spawned from. Who killed J is irrelevant but acting like you have all the answers just to give town the illusion of "trust" will end up sandbagging you later on.
I don't have all the answers. Believe me, I wish I did.

I'm still trying to figure myself out.

I just feel that, instead of making many many possibilities that could be either too farfetched or just too WIFOM, I just take the simple route and just assume a Mafia killed J till proven otherwise.

Great example: The night before I was king, I thought I had something to do with it (cause at the time, it didn't make sense as to why someone would it this type of responsibility to me of all people LOL). So instead of trying to figure it out, I just went with it until the answer came to me (which it did, thanks to Gova) and I just resumed on what I was doing.

I just feel that, instead of trying to web out your possibilities, just do the K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple, Stupid) and just see how things go. Never know. Answer may come to you.

One last thing: Mentos confirmed himself as scum when he said "I wouldn't vote Rockin just to get a lynch." Remember my question on "who is responsible for D1's no lynch?" Exactly what I was looking for.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
It's not just ME needs someone to trust.

Okay so I missed the timing really bad because as soon as I read this line I went off to go find the macro and so I searched through the entirity of Disney and then I searched through Newbie 3 and I found it hidden in a malformed image ID and it took me LITERALLY 1 hour to find this and so I'm really just frustrated now and I wasted a lot of time. Yes I know this is the worst john ever but I'm serious, I asked Xiivi and EE if they had it on hand and everything bawwwwwww. Tomorrow, pinky swear promise. Spit on my palm. Lynch me if I don't because otherwise I don't deserve to exist, tbh.

However, it's still hilarious to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

okay so i missed the timing really bad because as soon as i read this line i went off to go find the macro and so i searched through the entirity of disney and then i searched through newbie 3 and i found it hidden in a malformed image id and it took me literally 1 hour to find this and so i'm really just frustrated now and i wasted a lot of time. Yes i know this is the worst john ever but i'm serious, i asked xiivi and ee if they had it on hand and everything bawwwwwww. Tomorrow, pinky swear promise. Spit on my palm. Lynch me if i don't because otherwise i don't deserve to exist, tbh.

oh gog the aladdin card noooooooooooooooooooooooo

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh I don't know when exactly between now and Friday afternoon I'll be able to respond decently in full, but not too concerning to me. Don't go wasting a lynch on me though, may as well be productive with the day

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Okay so I missed the timing really bad because as soon as I read this line I went off to go find the macro and so I searched through the entirity of Disney and then I searched through Newbie 3 and I found it hidden in a malformed image ID and it took me LITERALLY 1 hour to find this and so I'm really just frustrated now and I wasted a lot of time. Yes I know this is the worst john ever but I'm serious, I asked Xiivi and EE if they had it on hand and everything bawwwwwww. Tomorrow, pinky swear promise. Spit on my palm. Lynch me if I don't because otherwise I don't deserve to exist, tbh.

You should've seen if Omni was on.

I bet that guy has a small library of those type of pics lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

wut

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I can't, because I don't pay attention to games like that or try to keep a memory bank of a said incident when it comes to me playing with a new player.

When I play a game with someone new, instead of looking at their past games and trying to see if their attitude is the same or different in this game, I just...merely play the game...and take their play in both face value, and a good way to read them. Thing is, I dislike searching up old games when it comes to meta, cause it'll mean I'll be too heavily reliant on it (and using meta in a Mafia game should not be heavily considered, especially for cases. So, like any other game, I would see the new players and try to learn some things about them. Every action they do, I take it at face value as well as their 'first impression' (to me, that's just how metas are formed)
why can't more people have this mentality

I'm not appealing to meta here. While I said playstyle, I was inferring the lack of activity, content, or appearance of interest. While I understand (and even agree with) why you don't read games you don't participate in, I find it unfair of you to judge me off a single game that is very much an outlier for me in terms of activity and others can verify that.. Can you understand that?

When I see something I dislike, like anything else, I call out on it and directly tell them (without trying to look down on them). Soooooo everything you do, I take it at face value ON THIS game. I don't know whether you really do act like this or not, but instead of letting it pass or w/e, I'm gonna vocally say something about it.
Fair enough.

You have to understand it from my prespective. By saying 'I didn't read the whole day' tells me that you didn't care. When you don't care or take as much of a 'emergency need' of something, this becomes a concern to me. Yes, you have a role, and it's pretty fancy, but I myself can't take any word of what you say at heart, even if I want to.

I'm sorry again if I was in anyway a douche to you, but plz understand the responses had a pretty sour taste in my mouth..
I do understand what you're trying to say. I realize why you don't trust me--but I also think it's a bit unfair of you to do so. I realize you want to trust me but you can't because you think I don't care and am making ill-informed statements. I know trust is earned, not given. I've dealt with that truism far too much not to be aware of it. As much as I want you to trust me, I can't force it. I simply ask you not throw doubt on my statements just because you can't look past my admissions of not reading half of d1 and d2.

I know what I'm doing Rockin, I've played probably as many games as you. I don't care if you don't trust me. I realize I can't ask for it. But I can ask that you lynch scum and if you're going to be an impediment to that process because of some superimposed notion that you can't trust me regardless of what I've done since my return, then I have to remove you or go around you. Deal?

P.S. Why did you ignore everything but that one line when that wasn't even the point of that post?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Reading back, I think that appears as a contradiction somewhere in there. I probably tripped up what I was trying to say. In short, what I did want to say is, while I find it unfair of you to judge my level of interest in this game when my activity level and interest in this game is certainly an outlier, I understand why you're doing it and will simply deal with it from this point on.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I feel insulted your accusing me of being as inactive as mentos and AA >_> How in the world do you even know who's inactive if your not reading/paying attention in this game anyway?

You also might want to work on your scum picks if your just picking from people that haven't claimed >_>

I don't recall Seph claiming either unless Swiss did it when he was still here....don't recall that either

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Y'know, I'm half-inclined just to ignore people who discredit me because I haven't read. I can gain synopses from comments. It's not like each day is a vacuum.

So you're not inactive. Does that mean you're posting significant content that's really relevant to what's going on? I mean, instead of discussing anything of importance (Mentos, Sold), you're discussing if there's an SK or not and nitpicking over things I say. That's not content, by the way.

What reason do I have to doubt the people who have claimed? I've said that I mistrust Gova's alignment already but I trust Asdioh's JoaT claim (for the moment), I'm not scum, and Zen's ****ty claim has yet to really have any reason to doubt it if he has verification that he's the only VT and no one's CCed it yet. Kuz has a seer clear and Swiss has a seer clear+possible NKill protect. I doubt any of them are scum and for the moment, they are not up to lynch. So that means my pool of potential lynches has to come from the people who haven't claimed. That means you, Mentos, AA, Rockin, Nabe, and Stew.

That post reeks of self-preservation. That's not town play.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: If you're discrediting me because I'm not reading instead of addressing what I'm saying, it comes off as "herp derp i can't refute his points so i'll just refute his credibility instead".

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
why can't more people have this mentality

I'm not appealing to meta here. While I said playstyle, I was inferring the lack of activity, content, or appearance of interest. While I understand (and even agree with) why you don't read games you don't participate in, I find it unfair of you to judge me off a single game that is very much an outlier for me in terms of activity and others can verify that.. Can you understand that?
Yes I can. I'm sorry about that.

I do understand what you're trying to say. I realize why you don't trust me--but I also think it's a bit unfair of you to do so. I realize you want to trust me but you can't because you think I don't care and am making ill-informed statements. I know trust is earned, not given. I've dealt with that truism far too much not to be aware of it. As much as I want you to trust me, I can't force it. I simply ask you not throw doubt on my statements just because you can't look past my admissions of not reading half of d1 and d2.
Alright then.

I'll just ignore that mentality I had about you on that moment and just resume the day as normal.

I know what I'm doing Rockin, I've played probably as many games as you. I don't care if you don't trust me. I realize I can't ask for it. But I can ask that you lynch scum and if you're going to be an impediment to that process because of some superimposed notion that you can't trust me regardless of what I've done since my return, then I have to remove you or go around you. Deal?
Deal

P.S. Why did you ignore everything but that one line when that wasn't even the point of that post?
If I didn't quote it, I probably understood it regardless.

The last line was suppose to be me going to comment about it, but I decided to let Mentos himself answer it.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Credibility means a lot =P What did you expect to happen you say you don't care about the game?
And yea, im being nitpicky, deal with it =P

Also <_< me not providing significant content is the norm for me >_> Sad I know.

There's really not a lot of content to comment on that hasn't already done so <_< and i try not to repeat stuff thats already been mentioned...

@Ryker/Gheb - Either or <_< a vote count would be nice....come out of hiding please.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Credibility means a lot =P What did you expect to happen you say you don't care about the game?
Do you think I care? Do you really think I'm going to allow it to become a handicap? Do you really think you're accomplishing anything of significance by attacking my credibility?
And yea, im being nitpicky, deal with it =P
Nah.

Also <_< me not providing significant content is the norm for me >_> Sad I know.

There's really not a lot of content to comment on that hasn't already done so <_< and i try not to repeat stuff thats already been mentioned...
this is not a gogdamn pass. get the **** on it or you will be lynched tomorrow.

Rockin said:
If I didn't quote it, I probably understood it regardless.

The last line was suppose to be me going to comment about it, but I decided to let Mentos himself answer it.
Fair enough.

mentos said:
Heh I don't know when exactly between now and Friday afternoon I'll be able to respond decently in full, but not too concerning to me. Don't go wasting a lynch on me though, may as well be productive with the day
I'm holding you to it. Don't be surprised if you put it off and come back and find yourself lynched.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Do you think I care? Do you really think I'm going to allow it to become a handicap? Do you really think you're accomplishing anything of significance by attacking my credibility?
Nah.
Dont need to attack it....didn't even think I was, you were doing that all by youself

this is not a gogdamn pass. get the **** on it or you will be lynched tomorrow.
I think I'll quote you on this one:
"Nah"

I'll keep playing as I have been I think >_>

I'm holding you to it. Don't be surprised if you put it off and come back and find yourself lynched.
Since this was here and saves me the trouble of quoting mentos >_> I'm not gonna hold him on to it, the deadline is on the 23rd and for some reason this forum essentially dies on the weekends

Vote: Mentos

Can we at the least get Sold shot then?

Top Bottom