• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Touhou Mafia~ The Girls' Have Been Robbed - Independent Marker Victory

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, the similarity is in his trigger happiness. Yes the situation is different, but I'm not surprised to see him "fire a shot" earlier than it really should be

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
D1: No Lynch
N1: TownJ was killed, scumGord was killed by Soup
D2: townSmarg was lynched
N2: No Kills, we know Swiss was jailed and Nix was targeted by Soup
D3: freakin' Rockin killed townSoup
N4: scumOS was killed, townJTB was killed

We have 4 town dead, and 2 mafia dead. We've lynched poorly, but had lucky NKs.
I have to wonder though... nobody's claimed the kill on OS, which most likely means we have 2 mafia factions or a SK, right? In that case, I had thought Rockin was town because of the attitude Gordito took toward him D1, but with multiple scum factions likely, Rockin is back to scummy for me, especially with what he did D3. I should look over him again.

I don't really know what everyones' preferred lynches are right now though. I know Nix, Sold, and maybe Rockin seem to be the top three? I'd honestly be fine with any of those three. Mentos looks alright, Gova ehhh not gonna lynch him yet, and then there's Asianaussie... who I will almost definitely vig toNight if he doesn't do something.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Gaaaargh, why is people so hung over about soup? Not like the guy was being uselful OR townie. Guy had to go asap.

Throughout the last day, again, I was hoping for some reasons as to who should be lynched, and why. All I was mostly getting was either gut reasons why they were town, or small nudges (Kuz) to lynch said player. That does not fly with me.

I also didn't like how one or two wanted to use his powers as a psudo vig. That's not how a 50/50 chance thing works. I had a fair enough reason to lynch Soup out of all others. I wasn't getting the info I want or needed to really change my mind.

Yes, I did ended the day slightly early, but only slightly. There was 3 or 4 days left and it's not like any new info was really pouring in.

At least now I can concentrate on others without the passionate need to kill soup.

And also, I was king. I decided to go with the victim that I felt was the most reasonable.

Deal.

#1473- Why did you end the day so early? People were wanting to discuss things with you, not discuss things with each other while you watch. You also didn't even let me get started on that day phase, I literally didn't even say anything.
Already been answered

totally knew OS was scum, but also knew I'd never be able to convince anyone -_- oh well!
Then why didn't you vig him? That's what the vig power is for, ya know.

If Gorf was a traitor I doubt he was informed. Does not seem likely to me that Gord and OS were aligned due to interactions in thread. But if they were different mafia factions, then that would mean there would be at least two nks a night. N1 was only two, but Soup claimed he killed Gorf and mafia probably killed J. N2 was zero for whatever reason and N3 was 2 again w/o Soup and Asdioh's action not working on Gova apparently.

Hmmm
Not sure why we're really considering a different mafia fraction. Sounds silly imo.

-Mentos wasn't nearly a strong enough scumread to vig.
Yet you said you have a really big scum read on OS and didn't shoot him?

Major contradiction.

I sure hope Rockin didnt quick hammer in a attempt to save me >_> While I didn't like getting told to be shot twice in a row I DID volunteer for it -_-
No, I wouldn't try to do that.

Besides, what could town really do on that Day? I was King on that day.

I'm Hina, the town aligned curse goddess. Each night I must target someone with one of three spells, (each of which has it's own subset maybe? Because I used the same spell all 3 nights and they did different things) and something happens to them. I'm responsible for everyone making fun of Zen, the kingmaker thing with Rockin, and voteblocking Kuz.
I targeted Zen because he claimed vt so I knew I could safely target him without affecting any town power roles unless he was lying which then he deserved whatever unlucky thing happened to him. I then chose Rockin because I wanted everyone to make fun of him and also to make sure that the spells always did the same thing. I targeted Kuz because I wanted him to be the kingmaker if there was a chance for it.
This makes some absolute sense.

So...did anyone actually shot OS? I noticed that I read from opening day to now, but I didn't see anyone step up to say 'I shot OS'

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Rockin said:
Gaaaargh, why is people so hung over about soup? Not like the guy was being uselful OR townie. Guy had to go asap.
So a gambler that was following exactly what we were telling him to do was being useless? okay.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
OS was leaning scum for me, but I wasn't sure enough to vig him, because it would have been bad if I was wrong.

Rockin said "I'll post in a second" and then an hour later he makes a pretty sizable post, without giving any actual scumreads.

unvote
Vote: Rockin

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I currently support lynches of Mentos or Rockin. I would take lynches of WL, Sold, Nix, or Gova, in that order.

Vote: Mentos

This is based solely on his most recent post, by the way.

Asdioh, is that the only thing you currently like about a Rockin lynch? Were you expecting scumreads from him? What do you think of what he's said about his reasoning re: Soup?

#HBC | Nabe

@Nabe - Im curious about your interactions with OS at your #788 You wanted a lynch on Rockin but OS says No, and you just switch to J, no real arguments, not really trying. Do you still want Rockin lynched? Why didn't you even attempt to get a stronger case on him?
It's not strictly accurate to say that I still want Rockin lynched. I currently want him lynched. On D1, I wanted him to get lots of votes and claim. If his claim hadn't been great or useful, I'd have wanted his lynch, D1 being what it is. J raised several good points for D1.

Since then, Rockin's play has continued to follow a lynchable path, and there's a very sizable (albeit slanty) case to be made.

The switch to J was because of a looming deadline. OS stonewalling me and a lack of other activity meant Rockin wasn't going anywhere.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I currently support lynches of Mentos or Rockin. I would take lynches of WL, Sold, Nix, or Gova, in that order.
WL is town. The rest, ok.

Vote: Mentos

This is based solely on his most recent post, by the way.
Really? Why?

Asdioh, is that the only thing you currently like about a Rockin lynch? Were you expecting scumreads from him? What do you think of what he's said about his reasoning re: Soup?
Well, I remember thinking he was town D1, but people like OS deterred me. Of course I expected scumreads, he just made his first post of the Day, well after the Day started, and then disappeared without giving scumreads? His reasoning RE: Soup was bleh.

#HBC | Nabe

Ok, so yeah, hey guys :D Soldie, why choose me for the inactive vote you threw down? I'm not saying it's a terrible vote choice and you should feel bad, but "Mentos disturbs me" could use some elaboration, especially when you've been talking mostly about Rockin today.
This is something I've already asked Sold and didn't bear repeating.

Speaking of Rockin, I still think he's town. His move yesterday didn't really help my read, and I'd probably vote him if town wanted to go that way now, but quite frankly if I recall correctly I've seen him do, well, nearly the exact same thing as town before. *looks up to confirm* yep, Spider-Manfia, Rockin was a one shot vig who had been restricted to one post for the day, came in out of nowhere and shot without any input from the town. Was a long time ago, but the precedent makes me a bit more willing to accept it as a townie mistake.
Odd segue, useless meta. Says he'd vote him if town wanted to go that way.

Sold is, as far as I'm concerned, still a good lynch. Woulda preferred him yesterday and he's probably my personal #1 lynch choice right now. He has been as, if not more, inactive than me, and has made it blatantly obvious several times that he's been skimming and at times even making decisions while openly stating to have not read everything before making them. Needs to go IMO.
This choice isn't in anyone's best interests.
Elaborate. Is he scum only because he's skimming and inactive?
What do you think of OS/Gord and what do you think their flips say about the landscape of the game?

Nabe I've got no problem with right now. Not necessarily town, but not feeling the scumpoints there.
What scumpoints have there been? What do you not feel about them?
This isn't a proper stance, it has absolutely no body. Note the phrase "right now", the word "necessarily".

Gova's claim could really fly for either alignment, and it's not like claims can really be entirely trusted anyway. Given the mods of this game, I'd say it's 100% likely that scum have safe nameclaims, so flavor doesn't mean jack. The role itself is an alignment ambiguous role(seen both the making fun of and voteblocker effects given to mafia and town before, kingmaker not so much but if it's an uncontrolled result it could make sense). This doesn't mean Gova's scum, but don't rule him out of possible lynch/vig shot over a claim that could go either way.
Oddly dismissive, given the substance of his meta stance on Rockin. Notable phrase: "don't rule him out".

Let's see, what else we got? AsianAussie? I don't remember anything about his playerslot because he's been so absent. Swiss lands himself here too. Don't think I've seen hard stances outta either of them all game(and yes, I know Swiss was replaced, but since Seph has yet to post content it still holds true). Swiss has the inno going for him though, and albeit godfather possibility there's really nothing to go on to say that that's the case.
Useless incrimination of AA and Swiss/Seph. AA is simply "absent" but is listed later at a #2 spot on Mentos' list.

Kuzi also has an inno, and I'm currently inclined to believe it. Haven't seen any reason to think he's not townie.
Notice the phrase "currently inclined". "Haven't seen any reason to think he's not townie"... yet.

Still buying Asdioh's claim, however not a terrible lynch since we really have no evidence whatsoever that he's legit.

Laundry's jailer claim was decent, but at the same time the claim to have jailed Swiss twice is meh. Still a candidate.

Zen claims sole vanilla townie, un CC'd but very possible a safeclaim he's riding out. Hasn't done jack all game. Very much a lynch candidate.

Nix is, well, Nix, and probably one of my most null reads in the game at this point.
He's open to other lynches!

Oh, did I mention it was high time to let reads flow like water? Cuz it's about that time. Let's pose as a team and get **** done town!
Advice to speak and let juices flow, from a player with 15 posts.

Summary of points:
Mentos is keeping every avenue open -- notice the wording he's used in every instance. Despite being well-enough informed to know the events of the thread, he hasn't actually listed any scummy action in this post from anyone.

Notice how he calls Laundry's claim "decent", but balances it with a negative thing. This makes him appear neutral on WL overall, and willing to go in whatever direction pops up. Meanwhile, he specifically says of Gova: "scum could have safeclaims". Shouldn't all claims so far be equal, then? If anything, Gova's claim is "decent" because it's the only one with any visible validation to it. He's being inconsistent to keep up appearances.

The post has a general tone of advice.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
So a gambler that was following exactly what we were telling him to do was being useless? okay.
Anyone can follow what a person say with their roles.

One should try and add content and scum hunt so as to be fully useful. That's how scum could just coast by. You don't want scum to do that.

By saying that, you already shown that what Soup was ANY good for was his role (which was still 50/50)

OS was leaning scum for me, but I wasn't sure enough to vig him, because it would have been bad if I was wrong.

Rockin said "I'll post in a second" and then an hour later he makes a pretty sizable post, without giving any actual scumreads.

unvote
Vote: Rockin
well I havn't gotten much of a scum read atm.

I was going to put Mentos in my 'null, but slightly leading scum' catagory, but he's currently starting to look better cause he's adding some content, so I'm fine with him staying atm.

Nabe is getting a bit more of a town read for me cause he's sorta scum hunting.

I'm iffy on Sold, so I wouldn't mind him being lynched. Really lacks a lot of content through the past day. The same with AussieAsian and Seph (who has replaced Swiss).

Kuz - what's the result with that re-read on me? I asked cause I remembered you disapproved with my decision on soup, even though that guy was not obvitownie.

@mod: Can you please update the 'alive list'?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My vote for Mentos was for Mentos because Mentos makes bad posts when he does make posts. Although Swiss/Seph have been more or less non-existent.

I really do believe he's been on me because it's an easy case to make. Me not reading the first thirty pages is not a scumtell. It's also really irrelevant because nobody cares about the first thirty pages. Not to mention, it's D4. We're not lynching people who are useless, we're lynching for scum.

Trust me, I have experience watching people react to me saying "I'm not going to read this." It's how I caught scum in Muppets and Halo mafia.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is something I've already asked Sold and didn't bear repeating.
Yes, you were definitely the progenitor of that idea, that's why when you mentioned it you said

The Mentos vote is very odd and out of nowhere as has been said.
So it's ok for you to repeat something that is not directly related to you, yet when I do the same pointing out that it's an understandable choice but the content connected with it wasn't there it becomes scummy? When it was a vote on me? Pot calling the kettle black buddy boy.

Odd segue, useless meta. Says he'd vote him if town wanted to go that way.
Not useless meta. The situations were very similar with Rockin having the ability to make a kill at will, and he did so early in the day. I don't base myself on meta, but it both points out that he has taken similar actions when given the ability to kill someone in the day, and also gives reasoning why I'm still maintaining a town lean on him. And yes, where D1 I was unwilling to vote him just to get a lynch, I'm now more willing to.

This choice isn't in anyone's best interests.
Elaborate. Is he scum only because he's skimming and inactive?
What do you think of OS/Gord and what do you think their flips say about the landscape of the game?
Really, not in anyone's best interests? You've been talking about Sold yourself for a while, and had your vote on him before me. So it's not in anyone's best interest to go after Sold, which is exactly what you were doing earlier? That seems like an odd combination.

He hasn't seemed townie. Even when he's posted it hasn't had much content. I'm leaning scum, and I'm positive I won't be able to trust him in LYLO. Therefore, I want him gone.

OS/Gord, well, their flips have been taken into account in the reads I've given. Don't feel like going into specific influence because it's unimportant. What's important are the results, which I have given.

What scumpoints have there been? What do you not feel about them?
This isn't a proper stance, it has absolutely no body. Note the phrase "right now", the word "necessarily".
...None? The whole point of that is that I haven't felt any reason to consider you scum. You're not necessarily town(might I point out the closest we have to a clear in this game is "One of Kuz and Seph can't be mafia), but quite frankly I don't feel you as scum, see no reason to think you are yet, and therefore you aren't an option right now. We get down a bit more and it's you or someone I'm a bit more confident in, I'll have to double check, but right now you're not on my list of people who need to die.

Oddly dismissive, given the substance of his meta stance on Rockin. Notable phrase: "don't rule him out".
Yeah, it is dismissive. The claim means jack other than telling us he's the one who caused a voteblock, was a kingmaker, and made us make fun of Zen. But honestly, the only part that I really dismissed, was Asdioh's comment on the character not making sense for scum. That is the absolute least reliable thing to base a read on. And no, don't rule him out, just because he makes a role claim doesn't mean he's scum.

Useless incrimination of AA and Swiss/Seph. AA is simply "absent" but is listed later at a #2 spot on Mentos' list.
There's no such thing as "useless incrimination," specially not in that quote. AA is listed later at the "needs to die" point because, quite frankly, the level of inactivity means that if we get down to LYLO, we have NOTHING to work with whatsoever from either of these slots, and they are huge wildcards. As I said Swiss gets a little leniency on this matter because of the inno, but if Seph doesn't step up the slot's game, they both need to die or scum will just keep them for lylo so that we've got two complete unknowns remaining. I don't care if they're vigged, lynched, modkilled, whatever, we can't let players who have no content all game survive till a game on the line situation or we are boned.

Notice the phrase "currently inclined". "Haven't seen any reason to think he's not townie"... yet.
And? He's not clear. I do NOT rule out possibilities barring rare occasions at this point in the game. I trust him more than most at the moment, but that doesn't mean he's a guaranteed townie and I'm not going to straight up say he is when he's not cleared.

He's open to other lynches!
Yup, I'm always open to just about any lynch at this point in a game with no clears :D People who I don't want lynched now are pretty much the closest things to a "town list" I'll have.

Advice to speak and let juices flow, from a player with 15 posts.
... What does my post count in this game have anything to do with saying it was time to start being a more open book? I play my hand very carefully early game. Coupled with the fact that I'm ALWAYS not that active until late game, and I haven't been in a mafia game for quite a while leading up to this and am still getting used to actually being on SWF again is a perfect storm for me not posting much at all. That doesn't change the fact that I'm being open now that we're later in the game and I have a more solid idea what's going on, and really this comment just has nothing at all to do with the comment you're responding to.

Summary of points:
Mentos is keeping every avenue open -- notice the wording he's used in every instance. Despite being well-enough informed to know the events of the thread, he hasn't actually listed any scummy action in this post from anyone.
Yep, no one is clear and hence every avenue IS open. You offer me one person who's cleared with good reasoning to believe they are in fact cleared, then I'll close off an avenue. Till then everyone is open game.

And nope, I haven't. Honestly I don't feel like dredging through for quotes and specific arguments. If it becomes necessary to get someone I think is scum lynched over someone who I think is town enough I don't want to lynch yet I'll put in the effort, till then I'll stick with the here and now.

Notice how he calls Laundry's claim "decent", but balances it with a negative thing. This makes him appear neutral on WL overall, and willing to go in whatever direction pops up. Meanwhile, he specifically says of Gova: "scum could have safeclaims". Shouldn't all claims so far be equal, then? If anything, Gova's claim is "decent" because it's the only one with any visible validation to it. He's being inconsistent to keep up appearances.
Yep, because there IS a negative part to his claim. However, it is one of the two decent possibilities to explain the no kill on N2, and that's why it's decent.

You then argue about the safeclaim thing, let's look at what I said again:

I'd say it's 100% likely that scum have safe nameclaims, so flavor doesn't mean jack.
Note the fact that I specifically say NAME claims(as I mentioned above already), which was a direct toss to Asdioh's

hmm... looking up the character, it doesn't sound like it would be aligned with remilia. Not-mafia, at the very least.
I then go on to point out that Gova's claim is viable for either alignment, and so I point out not to rule him out because quite frankly the claim has no credence for alignment. Laundry's claim's got a bit, Gova's has none. Hence I hold Laundry's claim as better than Gova's.

Now if you'd kindly stop calling the kettle black and making what I've said fit your interpretation of it, we can get back to finding scum. Speaking of which.

I really do believe he's been on me because it's an easy case to make. Me not reading the first thirty pages is not a scumtell. It's also really irrelevant because nobody cares about the first thirty pages. Not to mention, it's D4. We're not lynching people who are useless, we're lynching for scum.
Way to simplify things. You've admitted to skimming multiple times if I recall correctly. You've jumped in saying you haven't read more than half of what had happened, yet still have an opinion on a lynch. Your number of posts with no content far outweigh the ones with content. I don't want you lynched because you're worthless, but because there have been several times where you have appeared out of nowhere, admitted to skimming or flat out not reading, yet still seemed to know where to go. Coupled with your tunneling on Rockin a large part of the game results in me casting suspicion on you. This is OMGUS, and you chose me over other people who had called you out(prime example: Nabe) because I have been less active and am therefore a more likely success. When you can come back with something other than "well, he said a lot about stuff I legitimately did, but I don't think it's scummy so he must be scum" I'll start taking you seriously.

Now bedtime, then worktime. BAIS

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Friggin' Mentos with the really long post. Friggin' Mentos. I'll get it tomorrow unless Nabe or something wants to be a Major League Hero.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually no most of that post is referring to Nabe and I'm only doing my own share of work here.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Doing some rereading of D1, because everyone tells me it's important. Looking at our most likely lynches in particular... Swiss said Nix was town, and I haven't seen things from Nix that seem overly scummy at this point in my reread. His interactions with OS have him coming out looking alright. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12580216&postcount=156 he tells Gova/Smarg to debate with the poster (OS in this case) instead of between themselves. Looks townie to me.

I also noticed something that Smarg was kind enough to point out:
The only thing Gova's done that I remember right off the top of my head is defend Overswarm, which is slightly scummy. That said, there's time until LyLo and we could investigate the matter further to get new information, so I'd keep him around. If we were absolutely lynching him today, I'd ask for scumpicks - what other question is there?
He literally jumps right in and starts off by defending overswarm... and doesn't do much else. Take a look for yourself http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12579650#post12579650

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12583962&postcount=291 <--notice how OS flipped scum, and Gord said similar things about Gova but went into detail to say a lot of nothing? Someone already pointed this out before but yeah...

Ugh, the only townie-looking thing from Gova I can think of right now is his claim, and how confidently he claimed. He gave reasoning for who he targeted and why, and it sounded good. It could have all been thought up long beforehand, though.

OS also didn't seem to agree with Swiss trying to pressure Sold...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12584563&postcount=309 Nix is town?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12589435&postcount=395 another post from Gordito because posts from confirmed scum are useful right?

ok, read 10 pages, gonna stop for now. Thinking Sold/Gova are the best lynches for toDay, with mentos trailing a bit behind, and Rockin behind that. Asianaussie only if we somehow have to lynch an inactive, because there is absolutely nothing to go on with him.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Asdioh said:
ok, read 10 pages, gonna stop for now. Thinking Sold/Gova are the best lynches for toDay, with mentos trailing a bit behind, and Rockin behind that. Asianaussie only if we somehow have to lynch an inactive, because there is absolutely nothing to go on with him.
Put Nix in with the lynch pool for Sold and Gova and I would be okay with this. Still think he's scum not aligned with OS and Gorf. Sold is the person I most want dead from that pool.

I usually don't have a problem with motivation but I am having trouble getting myself to reread this thread for some reason. I'll definitely get something in before the deadline, though.

#HBC | Nabe

So it's ok for you to repeat something that is not directly related to you, yet when I do the same pointing out that it's an understandable choice but the content connected with it wasn't there it becomes scummy? When it was a vote on me? Pot calling the kettle black buddy boy.
I'll point out a couple things before I go on. The point being directly related to you has nothing to do with the content of your post. Also, calling potkettle on a point doesn't make it less valid. It simply means that the person who made the post is a hypocrite.

Regardless, there's no hypocrisy going on. Here's Kuz's post:
@Sold: You whole post focused on other players and then you vote Mentos at the end of it...?

Nix/Sold lynch. Vig the remainder or Gova imo.
Kuz brings up that the vote was odd. And here's my post:
Sold, I thought you intended to do a pbp of Rockin. Doesn't that imply he's your focus?
The Mentos vote is very odd and out of nowhere as has been said.

Is the reasoning on Mentos anything aside from the obvious inactivity?
I add a point to what Kuz said, and ask the question of Sold. And here's your post:
Ok, so yeah, hey guys :D Soldie, why choose me for the inactive vote you threw down? I'm not saying it's a terrible vote choice and you should feel bad, but "Mentos disturbs me" could use some elaboration, especially when you've been talking mostly about Rockin today.
You ask Sold to elaborate on his reasoning re: "inactive voting" you. A fair question, but one he'd have already answered, because I asked it of him. You also mention that his focus has been on Rockin; again my point. There is nothing gained in this entire section of your post.

Not useless meta. The situations were very similar with Rockin having the ability to make a kill at will, and he did so early in the day. I don't base myself on meta, but it both points out that he has taken similar actions when given the ability to kill someone in the day, and also gives reasoning why I'm still maintaining a town lean on him. And yes, where D1 I was unwilling to vote him just to get a lynch, I'm now more willing to.
That's fair. It's also useless. It adds nothing to our game, aside from excusing Rockin for poor behaviour.

Why are you more willing now than then to vote Rockin?

Really, not in anyone's best interests? You've been talking about Sold yourself for a while, and had your vote on him before me. So it's not in anyone's best interest to go after Sold, which is exactly what you were doing earlier? That seems like an odd combination.
I asked him to clear up what I thought was a scumslip. He did.
He's still an okay lynch, but he's far and away not the best one.

He hasn't seemed townie. Even when he's posted it hasn't had much content. I'm leaning scum, and I'm positive I won't be able to trust him in LYLO. Therefore, I want him gone.
Fair enough.

OS/Gord, well, their flips have been taken into account in the reads I've given. Don't feel like going into specific influence because it's unimportant. What's important are the results, which I have given.
No, what's important is reading you. Talk about how their flips have specifically been taken into account, since you've now volunteered that there is "specific influence".

...None? The whole point of that is that I haven't felt any reason to consider you scum. You're not necessarily town(might I point out the closest we have to a clear in this game is "One of Kuz and Seph can't be mafia), but quite frankly I don't feel you as scum, see no reason to think you are yet, and therefore you aren't an option right now. We get down a bit more and it's you or someone I'm a bit more confident in, I'll have to double check, but right now you're not on my list of people who need to die.
I would argue that the phrase "I'm not feeling the scumpoints there" implies that there are specific points (made by other people?) that you don't agree with. If that weren't your intended meaning, wouldn't you have simply said "I have a null read"?

Yeah, it is dismissive. The claim means jack other than telling us he's the one who caused a voteblock, was a kingmaker, and made us make fun of Zen. But honestly, the only part that I really dismissed, was Asdioh's comment on the character not making sense for scum. That is the absolute least reliable thing to base a read on. And no, don't rule him out, just because he makes a role claim doesn't mean he's scum.
But no one was ruling him out. This is advice for the sake of advice. You're addressing the crowd rather than the specific people (Asdioh?) whose behaviours you've observed.

There's no such thing as "useless incrimination," specially not in that quote. AA is listed later at the "needs to die" point because, quite frankly, the level of inactivity means that if we get down to LYLO, we have NOTHING to work with whatsoever from either of these slots, and they are huge wildcards. As I said Swiss gets a little leniency on this matter because of the inno, but if Seph doesn't step up the slot's game, they both need to die or scum will just keep them for lylo so that we've got two complete unknowns remaining. I don't care if they're vigged, lynched, modkilled, whatever, we can't let players who have no content all game survive till a game on the line situation or we are boned.
Thank you for elaborating then. Still, at the very least, it was nothing new.

Re: what you said earlier about taking OS and Gord into account, I don't see how AA can be your #2 choice for simply being "absent".

And? He's not clear. I do NOT rule out possibilities barring rare occasions at this point in the game. I trust him more than most at the moment, but that doesn't mean he's a guaranteed townie and I'm not going to straight up say he is when he's not cleared.
But again, no one is ruling anything out. We all know that Kuz isn't 100% town.

Unless you had something specific to say about Kuz's play, then this was nothing more than you again stating the facts as if they're something new. It was you mentioning Kuz for the sake of having something to say, and I would argue, to make sure everybody knows that you're not limiting your lynch choices.

Yup, I'm always open to just about any lynch at this point in a game with no clears :D People who I don't want lynched now are pretty much the closest things to a "town list" I'll have.
Alrighty.

... What does my post count in this game have anything to do with saying it was time to start being a more open book? I play my hand very carefully early game. Coupled with the fact that I'm ALWAYS not that active until late game, and I haven't been in a mafia game for quite a while leading up to this and am still getting used to actually being on SWF again is a perfect storm for me not posting much at all. That doesn't change the fact that I'm being open now that we're later in the game and I have a more solid idea what's going on, and really this comment just has nothing at all to do with the comment you're responding to.
You haven't posted much, and not very openly. We have, and very openly.
I'm not harping on inactivity, but you are giving advice for the sake of giving advice.

Yep, no one is clear and hence every avenue IS open. You offer me one person who's cleared with good reasoning to believe they are in fact cleared, then I'll close off an avenue. Till then everyone is open game.
No one is asking you to close off a single avenue. The distinction here is your lack of content and your motive, which seems increasingly likely to be "making posts and saying things".

And nope, I haven't. Honestly I don't feel like dredging through for quotes and specific arguments. If it becomes necessary to get someone I think is scum lynched over someone who I think is town enough I don't want to lynch yet I'll put in the effort, till then I'll stick with the here and now.
What you're saying is, you're not willing to put in the effort to get your scumpicks lynched, until we haven't chosen a lynch and it becomes a scramble at deadline. Am I incorrect?

Yep, because there IS a negative part to his claim. However, it is one of the two decent possibilities to explain the no kill on N2, and that's why it's decent.
Fair enough. The rest of the claiming thing is fair.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Do you think it has any significance? What's your take?
I'm asking because I don't know if OS is the kinda guy who would do an iso on his scummate or not. I remember him saying he considered mentos one of the better players here, but I don't really know what to make of this.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Day 4 is going to end in a No Lynch if we don't get our stuff together btw. Kuz is voteblocked, and it looks like half the players don't have a strong opinion on who they want lynched.

#HBC | Nabe

I'm asking because I don't know if OS is the kinda guy who would do an iso on his scummate or not. I remember him saying he considered mentos one of the better players here, but I don't really know what to make of this.
Keep in mind, OS was a stump and was planning all of his words as a result of that. If anything, it's a point for Mentos being town.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Then why am I voting for mentos, if he got some townpoints for stuff like that, and I feel like Sold/Gova are scummier? :/

I don't even know where my vote is right now and I blame Ryker

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Sold lynch Sold lynch.

Still don't know why you all think Nix is brownie townie, the only thing that has come out of that line of questioning is Asdioh saying he re-read a bit and felt better about him.

Nabe, can we agree on a sold lynch? I want him going first cuz he's much scummier than Sold.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Kuz, what convinced you of a Sold lynch?
I've wanted a Sold lynch since yesterDay along with your lynch. Nothing really convinced me, its just other don't seem to be wanting to go Nix and with the present activity and my votelessness I doubt I'll be able to scrape up enough support in the remaining time.

I honestly don't know how I feel about Rockin anymore. The quickhammer yesterDay was balls but I can't shake this weird feeling I'm getting. I maintain that if he was scum, he's not aligned with OS/Gorf. Kind of why I want a Nix lynch because it also gives me info on Rockin.

Out of Sold and Mentos, which look like the two feasible lynches available to us at this point, I'd rather go sold first.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sold lynch Sold lynch.

Still don't know why you all think Nix is brownie townie, the only thing that has come out of that line of questioning is Asdioh saying he re-read a bit and felt better about him.

Nabe, can we agree on a sold lynch? I want him going first cuz he's much scummier than Sold.
So you're... sold... on a Sold lynch? :troll:

And yeah, I didn't expect myself to find Nix less scummy on a reread. I guess it's still possible he's scum that isn't aligned with OS/Gord, in the same way that Rockin could be.

Nabe is town... unless he's scum that's not aligned with OS/Gord as well, but I find that less likely than Rockin/Nix.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
My head is woozy at the moment and I'm essentially posting just to show I'm still reading this. Seems like I'm on low activity forever :| (I am a med student with assignments due, so I have half an excuse - probably shouldn't have subbed in to begin with).

I'm lazy and don't take notes, but from a bit of reading it seems the lynch pool regulars are Sold, Nix, Gova, Mentos and myself. I want a Sold lynch over Mentos, nothing he's done recently has been that scummy.

Nabe's post about mentos really made me think, with regard to the "keeping avenues open" part. It looks like he'd be willing to lynch practically anyone.
I read it as him was keeping an open mind. If you aren't particularly active, that seems to be the default stance to take, even if you do have information on people. I also think he responded well to Nabe's post on him, and Nabe's most recent post is essentially 'this is all useless advice or just plain useless', which I don't see as a problem: he provided stances and content early, he is not purely posting to show he can post. I don't think I'm getting behind a mentos vote unless something legitimately scummy comes up soon.

Asidoh said:
Anyway, thoughts on OS' post about mentos? http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12631303&postcount=808
Does it have any significance?
Eh...seems like it's just OS being buddy-buddy with mentos and tacking on some WIFOM. I'll elaborate, but tl;dr: I feel that reading deeper into the post itself is unnecessary.

The post itself is pretty meh. More than half the comments are 'nothing' and are just there for completion/substance. Note OS's very last line in that post:

Overswarm said:
I want to hear Mentos' thoughts on the game. J flipped town, but Mentos' aggressive defense of him makes sense regardless of J's alignment. Aggressively defending town as scum is a good way to get brownie points when they die.
He acknowledges that mentos' assessment is fair. This is just because he seems to respect mentos as a player. This is irrelevant. What's important is that last line: OS understands that this game is phasing out inactives. Every lynch pool I can see contains me and mentos in addition to actual scumpicks. If OS predicted we'd look at this post, there would be these scenarios:

mentos is town: OS is acting to distance himself to contradict his own advice and establish mentos as scum
mentos is scum: OS is acting with his own advice: we then think twice about lynching

Pushing this little bit of advice and the FoS is just generic interaction, no commitment and some WIFOM. We can't conclude anything from the general tone, this last line is the only tell, and it's ambiguous, probably tailored to be so.

As for the other lynch candidates...I'm town. Good with a Sold lynch, he seems scummy just from others' judgement but I'll be reading back for his posts anyway.

Gova I don't much for, I trust his roleclaim and he's either town or indy. While it is Touhou, where magic and enchantment runs amok, I can't think of a Remilia-aligned role that could do that, since Flandre isn't like that and China...nope. Maybe Yukari (has this been claimed? If not she could be indy with Youmu/Yuyuko or something) or Suwako (I doubt this for other reasons, Sanae town-claim inclusive, but independent blessing/curse goddess).

Still nothing on Nix, who I still just have an uneasy feeling from...

vote: Sold

I'd definitely rather lynch Sold than Mentos. And no, don't know why I'm responding to Asidoh in particular, probably since the rest is either Mentos-Nabe (and Kuz-Nabe right now).

Top Bottom