• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Touhou Mafia~ The Girls' Have Been Robbed - Independent Marker Victory

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
*reads*
*doesn't comprehend*
*realizes someone called my bluff and killed JTB*

ahhhhh D:::::::::::::::::

by the way, I vigged Gova... did WL really jail me? ;_;

totally knew OS was scum, but also knew I'd never be able to convince anyone -_- oh well!

also the modvote on Kuz is totally unfair, just saying.
No, I hit Swissai again to doublecheck if I really did roleblock him. Wasn't sure if scum kills worked like that. Swiss/Seph is town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Like you said, "mafia-aligned" versus plain mafia. And the different shades of purple.
I woudn't read much into the different shades. My role PM has a different color than the rest of the colors up there. While I won't read too much into it, I'm guessing Ryker and Gheb did it to **** over anyone who pulled a Chibo.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I find it really convenient and weird that the scummiest players are also the most inactive. You'd think scum would be smarter than to lurk the entire thread. I guess not.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Nobody says anything about Rockin until Sold has.

AA, have you read up?
@Nabe, opinion on Rockin? :troll:
@Sold: Can you summarize some of what you've just said? Tracking down your referenced post numbers is a lot of work. :<
It's been a while since I actually typed this junk out, let me see if I can expand on some of the thoughts. In sea green because it makes me laugh.
Day 2 Readthrough... Post Day 2! Trying to not comment on Soup for an obvious reason.

#1270- No, the comic isn't significant. Referring the the image posted at beginning of day. I was actually on Skype with Ryker at the time and gave him it because I thought it was hilarious.
#1293- I blame J wagon for thinking J was the best lynch. But you know, that's just an opinion. On "What caused the D1 no lynch."
#1301- Jerk. So you want me to make a rushed case on somebody, and you don't even care about the case itself even though you agree that person is also scummy. Me making cases isn't about pleasing you, it's about me leading to scum. Response to you telling me that it's not about Rocking being pinned as scum, it's about me making the case I said I would.
#1349- Yeah seriously for real. I thought me and Nabe were supposed to be negabros or something. Reaction to Kuz pointing out that you jumped from me to Gova.
#1358- Justified rage. Rockin's wall of :mad:. I don't remember what he was mad about but it was justified.
#1363- This guy just now realized Soup was harmless =r. Took Kuz a day to figure out Soup could stay.
#1373- I mean this is a bit late, but I would have said "Because I'm still better than Zen/AA." Woulda said Asdioh too if I was actually active like Asdioh is, but I know that wouldn't fly lol. Rockin asked me "Why should I not lynch you."
#1379- lol because Nabe secretly loves me and doesn't actually want to lose me. I mean, he's probably just trying to get me to be active. Again, reaction to Kuz being mad at you.
#1403- "Don't quick lynch." When earlier he said he was "Okay with this day ending on a Soup lynch right now" early in the day. Bit of a contradiction. This was OS. Not much to say about it now.
#1413- This is the most beautiful scumlist I have ever seen. I love how he doesn't even say who is scum on here. The closest thing he does is "Null for me" on Nabe. Nix's scumlist where he quite literally said nothing about everyone.
#1418- This guy somehow knows what's up. Laundry out of nowhere, calling out Nix on that scumlist.
#1422- Not long after I posted this, I regretted the promise entirely. It's true. I still need to do that English paper.
#1424- Just now asking this, even if it's AA's true first post. I really don't like how offtopic Zen gets. We were having nice discussions about You/Me and Soup, then Zen starts chatting with AA on his mafia experience. Really irrelevant imo.
#1457- "Sold being plausible scum." Okay now I see why you killed Soup. I mean, obviously I COULD be scum lol. Posted by Soup originally.
Kuz & OS- What the heck are either of you trying to prove in this argument. They were arguing over the difference between lynching inactives and lurkers... and inactive lurkers. Really one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
#1471- So am I your lynch pick because I'm inactive and will admit that I'm not reading those 30 or whatever pages that D1 started on? Mentos wants to lynch me for not reading those 30 pages :urg:
#1473- Why did you end the day so early? People were wanting to discuss things with you, not discuss things with each other while you watch. You also didn't even let me get started on that day phase, I literally didn't even say anything. Rockin's quick lynch.
#1476- Why does Soup town = Nix scum, and Soup scum = Sold scum? Kuz logic, post-lynch. I would like a response to this still too.

I still want to make a case on Rockin. First and foremost he needs to respond to the obvious question "What?" What as in you know, what were you thinking?
Okay.

nix/mentos/AA/sold/Gova still need some looking at, and Rockin might need some looking at simply because of his choice to kill Soup without asking if it was generally agreed upon. Kuz and WL are town, and Zen and Seph are probably town I guess.
oh yeah, there's also Nabe, who I guess is town. Maybe.
So this really leaves me asking, who do you think is scum. You think that all the lurkers "need some looking at" +Rockin for obvious reasons. Sure, that's a given. And then you give out some "maybe towns" on people who aren't lurkers, but are definitely possible lynchees for the day. Solid stances plz.

Would do more, gotta go now though lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wooooo, I ain't even mad

GL town

:phone:
I am. You were supposed to survive later in the game, even if I didn't :urg: I guess my "I put a trap on JTB so don't kill him lolz!" thing was too obvious, sorry.

I woudn't read much into the different shades. My role PM has a different color than the rest of the colors up there. While I won't read too much into it, I'm guessing Ryker and Gheb did it to **** over anyone who pulled a Chibo.
Huh. I just realized mine is lime green, and none of the others are. Funky.

I can never read Asdioh

:phone:
I can never read you?

So this really leaves me asking, who do you think is scum. You think that all the lurkers "need some looking at" +Rockin for obvious reasons. Sure, that's a given. And then you give out some "maybe towns" on people who aren't lurkers, but are definitely possible lynchees for the day. Solid stances plz.
Here you go:
-My vote is on Nix.
-I attempted to vig Gova last Night. My shot didn't go through for some reason (and after asking, I now know that I still have my shot)
I don't know what to think of Gova, but after reading through him I knew he wasn't someone that would be missed if he happened to flip town, because of his extreme inactivity. I'm hoping he'll be able to pick it up now, since the fact that I tried to kill him might warn him "hey do something" and since another one of his games is over.
-You were my second pick for vigging, but I ultimately decided on Gova.
-Then there was AA, who has literally nothing, but I decided to leave alone because I'd imagine it would be annoying as hell to replace in, be busy yet trying to read everything, and then suddenly die.
-Mentos wasn't nearly a strong enough scumread to vig.

That should clear my stances up pretty well, right?

And for the record, I still have a doc protect and vig shot left. Therefore, I am an obvious NK choice for scum, just saying.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Should of totally ignored my subconscious and stuck with my gut >_>

These night kills are confusing me -_- how many Vig's do we have out there?

Did a quick look back at JTB's posts, didn't notice any hard stances so he probably didn't get any good information from his tracking =S

WL - Why did you jail Swiss again? He was cleared by our daycop. Also, if i recall correctly, even if you RB one of the scum someone else would carry out the kill.....i think >_> i forget the mechanics of that but still.

Gova has a small connection to OS, if I recall correctly from my re-read I did a couple days ago he was defending OS during day over some nitpicking posts. It's not much but he kind of dissapeared after that day so *Shrug*

Going to bed now -_-

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
*blinks twice*

Wow, why didn't I realize that sooner.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Lol. This colour thing is the opposite of what the hosts should've done. We could all claim colours and potentially catch someone who makes a bad guess.

Anyway, "mafia" versus "mafia-aligned" is a common and important distinction. I don't think it's misworded.

Going to look into the flavour now, although there are some important things to address first. Also, lynches I'd take toDay:

Rockin, Sold, Gova

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
what the **** nabe

>Asdioh didn't get his kill off
>Probably roleblocked

Argh, want to vote Gova but it's WIFOM to assume that Asdioh was roleblocked because he targeted Gova.

Asdioh said:
I am. You were supposed to survive later in the game, even if I didn't I guess my "I put a trap on JTB so don't kill him lolz!" thing was too obvious, sorry.
>Nix spent all last day *****ing about the fact that you announced the trap

looks so fake now vote: Nix

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
>_> I thought asdioh was serious about the trap, which is why I didn't understand they were announcing it the night before the trap would be activated....That's kind of a weak reason for thinking im scum.

Btw, you still didn't answer me WL, why did you bother jailing Swiss again?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Checking to see if scum would target him again? Checking to see if blocking only one of the scum would stop a NK? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but from what i remember the last time i was scum is you can't RB a NK from scum unless there's only 1 left. That with the fact that he was cleared by the cop you would either be accusing the day cop of being naive/insane, or Swiss of being the godfather even if he was scum.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It would be hilarious if I had claimed JTB really was trapped, and that was the reason OS died. But it's not.

Anyway, I need everyone to give me thoughts on my choice of vigging Gova last Night? I don't think he's even posted since the thread opened...

Do you think Gova should claim at this point?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I still Nix is a pretty good lynch toDay. Rockin or Sold is also acceptable.

@Asdioh: Why is Rockin still obvtown?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Gova was decently active during Day 1, like I mentioned before this is where i saw the small connection between him and OS when he was defending him. It's not much and he pretty much vanished after that day.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Asdioh: You still need to ask the mod about that message not coming in.

@MOD: Can you update the OP with the lists of deaths?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Going to look at Overswarm soon. Hung up with a lot of things right now so sorry if I seem a little scatterbrained.

#HBC | Nabe

Dear Sold,

Setting up a timeframe, so that we're all on the same page.

D1
God dangit so many pages over the last whenever I was gone.

I'll get caught up sometime :urg:.
You saying you hadn't read since your previous post (179). The posts in that range included J's posts about Rockin.

Important question, how much of this game do I actually have to read. I'm so bored.

Can I just like, read the past 4 pages or something and go on?
Just read none of it and vote Rockin.
Me telling you to vote Rockin.

What was the case on Rockin about in general? Or is there like, a wall somewhere for this?
You say you don't know why people think Rockin is scum.

Earlier, I did a quick reread of him to make sure my confidence in his lynch was justified. I didn't see much scumhunting, and I saw a lot of defensiveness whenever someone voted for him, or looked his way.
Asdioh's response to your question. It was the only response you got, and you didn't respond to him or acknowledge that he made it.

D2
If you thought I would read the thread at night, you were wrong.
You didn't read the thread overnight.

In 888, you know of no reason to vote Rockin, other than the WIFOM you saw from him in D2 when he commented on the motive for the kill. In other words, this implies that you don't know about Asdioh's response to you D1, and that you don't know about Rockin or any case on him or any points against him whatsoever, aside from what you've brought up.

People have been calling you out, you can't just ignore that. You don't observe people pointing at you!
I don't like this bailout, especially given how much time was already wasted waiting for Rockin.
A point against Rockin and a comment on OS. These are now two posts you've made about Rockin.

I honestly dislike Rockin a lot more than Smarg at this point. Why are we going Smarg over Rockin? Not that the points on Smarg are any less legit or her defense was any stronger.
You say that the points on Smarg aren't less legit than the ones on Rockin. This implies that you have knowledge of the points on Rockin. This appears to be a paradigm flip, and goes against the idea that you don't know why people think Rockin is scummy.

I honestly dislike Rockin a lot more than Smarg at this point. Why are we going Smarg over Rockin? Not that the points on Smarg are any less legit or her defense was any stronger.
So you think that the points against Rockin have been legit?
Uh-huh. They are. Hell you even said Rockin is fine to lynch. Are you going to try and make me do work and make my own Rockin case or something?
Here, I'm angling to get you to elaborate on the points that you think are legit. You confirm that there are points that you think are good ones, and ask if I'd like you to make a case.

When did this happen :c???
Referring to Mentos calling Rockin town. At this point, you appear to feel very strongly about this issue.

On the contrary, I'd appreciate if you did make a case, it saves me from having to.

And that's basically what I'm getting at; I'm not sure what points of mine you agree with. I echoed J's points in D1, which you said yourself you left largely unread. And in D2, I've avoided saying anything, aside from one instance. So I find the idea that I've convinced you of a Rockin lynch to be an odd one.
My response to you, telling you why I think what you're saying is odd. I hadn't personally expressed much of anything about Rockin -- and I don't think that anyone had, aside from Asdioh in D1 whose post I've shown you don't appear to have knowledge of. This and this alone is what I've been asking you about since D2; it's a contradiction in the facts.

Tomorrow, when it'll actually matter.
You respond telling me you'll make a case on Rockin for D3. You don't say anything about what I found odd.

What I would still like from you re: my last post, Sold, is the specific points you like about Rockin. I'd rather it didn't wait 'til toMorrow.
I ask you to talk about which specific points others have made about Rockin that appealed to you.

...Nope. I'd rather it did wait until tomorrow. Rockin is very unlikely going to be the lynch today, thus the timing to be making a case is entirely wrong, and I personally don't feel like doing it on such short notice. If I take the time to make a case to lynch someone, I don't want it to just be overlooked, sorta like how OS's yesterDay was. I'd kinda want it to lead into lynching someone
You again justify not making a case on Rockin... which doesn't acknowledge the point I'm actually making about the contradiction.

D3
You make a total of three posts. None are content, 2/3 are johns.

D4 - toDay
You made a readthrough of D2, in which you didn't acknowledge what I've been asking you for.

Then you said this.

I still want to make a case on Rockin. First and foremost he needs to respond to the obvious question "What?"
This isn't valid, and I've just shown why. You are accountable for what you said D2, and his current activity bears no importance whatsoever to the read you had on him in D2.

Vote: Sold2

Hurry up.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Asdioh: You still need to ask the mod about that message not coming in.
I already asked if I still have my vig shot, and he said yes. My role PM says that if I try to vig someone who is "protected" my shot will be wasted... but since I still have it, I would imagine I was roleblocked. I also might have been roleblocked N2, since I sent in no action, but I doubt it since they probably figured I would be protecting JTB, and they'd leave his kill for another Night and have me waste my protection. Like I said, I still have a vig and doc left.

I still Nix is a pretty good lynch toDay. Rockin or Sold is also acceptable.

@Asdioh: Why is Rockin still obvtown?
Rockin might need some looking at simply because of his choice to kill Soup without asking if it was generally agreed upon.
He looked town because of Gordito wanting him dead, but now that he killed Soup who I thought was either town or useful indy, I want to at least question him about that.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
but since I still have it, I would imagine I was roleblocked.
Here comes some wifom... Kuz, you expected my vig to go through on Nix, right? What are the chances Nix and/or scumbuddies were afraid of such, so they roleblocked me?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Its WIFOM. I doubt he's the same alignment as OS and Gord because OS wanted him vigged badly.

What it looked like to ME, anyway, was the Rockin was afraid of having a town aligned kill that we would turn on players. He completely sidestepped the info I brought up about why Soup was useful and only responded to select bits of it in and then quickhammered Soup at the end of his post before people really got behind my logic. Soup was still in a lot of doubt at that point so he had to get the kill off then and there to still make it look semi-natural. This is exactly why OS was pushing for Soup's lynch. He didnt want his mates getting shot. He wanted him dead right after he shot Nix.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Its WIFOM. I doubt he's the same alignment as OS and Gord because OS wanted him vigged badly.
Oh, I remember that.

Hmmmm. So do you think Nix is scum or no? OS could have said "Nix volunteered so shoot him lol" and then maybe they could have roleblocked Soup? \(o_o)/

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We're waiting on the following:
> Kuz's reasoning for why Souptown implies Nixscum
> Sold's reason for thinking Rockin is scum
> Rockin to come in and post

@Zen: Is your role name "Town-Aligned Witch"? Just a yes or no will do.
No, where are you getting this from?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Checking to see if scum would target him again? Checking to see if blocking only one of the scum would stop a NK? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but from what i remember the last time i was scum is you can't RB a NK from scum unless there's only 1 left. That with the fact that he was cleared by the cop you would either be accusing the day cop of being naive/insane, or Swiss of being the godfather even if he was scum.

don't care, time to pour my energy into arguments that actually matter.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
and yet I'm not even voting him.....some bus that is...

argument is valid to me, i want to know your thoughts, you either thought the day cop is not sane which would also possibly implicate Kuz, or you thought Swiss is the godfather >_> which is it?

#HBC | Nabe

No, where are you getting this from?
I was wondering if Witch wasn't both a Vanilla and a Goon, the difference between the two being Town-Aligned Witch and Mafia-Aligned Witch. Witch is very general and sounds like it could be a "goon" in Touhou flavour -- but I'm more convinced now that it's in reference to the Witch role re: EpicMafia, which further implies to me that Gord is an informed member of the mafia.

Thanks.

Kuz, why did you say previously that a Nix lynch was good upon a Souptown flip? Is it just because you think Nix is scum?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually I'm going to do a post by post on Rockin.

I don't feel like responding to your individual points because they're the same thing you've been saying all game more or less.

Here you go:
-My vote is on Nix.
-I attempted to vig Gova last Night. My shot didn't go through for some reason (and after asking, I now know that I still have my shot)
I don't know what to think of Gova, but after reading through him I knew he wasn't someone that would be missed if he happened to flip town, because of his extreme inactivity. I'm hoping he'll be able to pick it up now, since the fact that I tried to kill him might warn him "hey do something" and since another one of his games is over.
-You were my second pick for vigging, but I ultimately decided on Gova.
-Then there was AA, who has literally nothing, but I decided to leave alone because I'd imagine it would be annoying as hell to replace in, be busy yet trying to read everything, and then suddenly die.
-Mentos wasn't nearly a strong enough scumread to vig./QUOTE]
Oh. Good.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Oh, I remember that.

Hmmmm. So do you think Nix is scum or no? OS could have said "Nix volunteered so shoot him lol" and then maybe they could have roleblocked Soup? \(o_o)/
Ehh its possible.

Personally if Nix was scum I think he would be aligned with Rockin and they would be a different mafia faction (or some indy team).

I don't think Rockin is aligned with Gord/OS but I do think he is some sort of scum if you see where I am going with that.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I was wondering if Witch wasn't both a Vanilla and a Goon, the difference between the two being Town-Aligned Witch and Mafia-Aligned Witch. Witch is very general and sounds like it could be a "goon" in Touhou flavour -- but I'm more convinced now that it's in reference to the Witch role re: EpicMafia, which further implies to me that Gord is an informed member of the mafia.

Thanks.

Kuz, why did you say previously that a Nix lynch was good upon a Souptown flip? Is it just because you think Nix is scum?
I've seen Witch used before in a game. It's a role that, when used on a player, permanently 50% roleblocks that player for the rest of the game.

Could the be the reason why Soup was turned into a 50% chance of success vig/doc? Why didn't I make that connection sooner *facepalm*

I didn't like that I was trying to convince everyone that Nix should be vigged and that Rockin came out of nowhere and quickhammered Soup before it gained support. I thought that Rockin could have been trying to save Nix's skin.

Top Bottom