• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: U.N Owen Was Jigglypuff LIVESTREAM!!!- JUNE 27TH NORTH NJ

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
The middle of nowhere?

Thats not very nice D=
Accurate as **** though D:

Yeah which is why you need to find the address to the hackketstown station or Dover station. Although NJ transit doesn't want to give me those directions.

COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG!

P.S- Come one, no one will be able to pick me up from hackketstown or Dover, probably Gothic Zelda too.
I got all that...I think...

and probably? oo for sure more like.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Cool puffster. We'll try to get some practice the morning of although your running the tourney. Our first in doubles can also be enough practice though.

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
I found there's a train coming from my town up to Dover...and that was it o.o This place is in the middle of scenic dusty plains from what I see x.x

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I found there's a train coming from my town up to Dover...and that was it o.o This place is in the middle of scenic dusty plains from what I see x.x
What city do you live in? And What is the address to your bus stop/ bus station? This helps me a lot cause I'll find a bus to your town which then has a bus to Dover, and the only thing left is for someone to pick me/you up.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, well now I need the station in Dover. Although I would arrive by 11:00am, which means I will probably be late, cause I would still need to take another bus to Dover.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm going anyway. The problem with this being a regional is that it's a ***** to get to via public transportation, it's far for a lot of people due to being in the ****ing boonies, and being only a one day event kinda cripples any incentive for many out of state players to think this is huge and worth coming to. Sure, the venue's capable, but it's not in the right location.
Now you guys know how I feel when I have to drive down to all your mid/south tournies.

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
You don't HAVE to D:

Also didn't get an answer, can I sign up anytime before singles start or do I have to be there at 12 or whatever?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Um, excuse me, but I'm just as far from everything as you are. Know why those events have more attendance? They're more accessible. Less buses, trains, etc. are needed to get to them. Plus, most people live much closer to them anyway, so it's a lot less of a hassle in terms of time as well. You can't just post a thread for an event in the forest and say it's regional by default when half the people in NJ/NY alone have no way of getting there easily at all.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You don't HAVE to D:

Also didn't get an answer, can I sign up anytime before singles start or do I have to be there at 12 or whatever?
Your allowed to sign up for any tournament untill that certain tournament starts.

So yes, you don't have to sign up b4 noon to get into singles, but you do if you want to get into any of the doubles.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You don't HAVE to D:

Your allowed to sign up for any tournament untill that certain tournament starts.

So yes, you don't have to sign up b4 noon to get into singles, but you do if you want to get into any of the doubles.

Um, excuse me, but I'm just as far from everything as you are. Know why those events have more attendance? They're more accessible. Less buses, trains, etc. are needed to get to them. Plus, most people live much closer to them anyway, so it's a lot less of a hassle in terms of time as well. You can't just post a thread for an event in the forest and say it's regional by default when half the people in NJ/NY alone have no way of getting there easily at all.

Well sorry. Geez. I don't think I should have to travel very far to my own tournament. Its the whole point of having it.

If you could get a 4000 sqr feet venue for FREE I'm sure you would take it even if it was located on the moon.

I'm also sorry that the thread title isn't long enough to put Aiming to be Regional too.

Happy now?

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
Chill out, the forest tourneys have the biggest turn out >:O Only the pros go there. Your Allys and M2Ks would wipe their ***** with genesis, evo, etc if they could go D:

Awesome cause apparently it thanks two hours just to get to dover x.x but it's only an 11 minute drive from there so I guess I can catch a cab unless, of course *coughpickmeupwtfomgcoughcough* Plus I dunno anyone that would wanna double with me D: haven't had the chance to play against anyone here, stupid Wii up and broke on me.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
then change the ***** tourney name or something lol. people like judge are gonna be super disappointed if they come here to see 18 people. remember what ahppened when chibo kept putting hype at cot4. disaster happened.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
then change the ***** tourney name or something lol. people like judge are gonna be super disappointed if they come here to see 18 people. remember what ahppened when chibo kept putting hype at cot4. disaster happened.
But like, 30 people have already kinda confirmed they're coming to this. Along with other people who aren't on aib so make that 40 or even 50 people.

Plus it would be stupid to change the tournament name now. People won't see where it went and it would just mess everything up.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
The Viridian thread had something like 18 pages before the first tournament within 5 weeks. This has been up 3 months and has 6.

That was a LOCAL.

Edit: The point isn't to put you or your tournament down. I want this to be humongous as much as you do. It's just that you shouldn't automatically hype something to regional status without the necessary credentials, nor leave it misnomered as regional without any hype in 3 months.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Help Puff with some new thread titles.

Tos Presents: The Silent Regional
Tos Presents: How you gonna' get here?

Inui hook me up with a ride :D i'll pay.

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
I would like to point out the only way to make that even better is to have the Carlton dance somewhere.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't have a car so I rely on other **** like trains and buses
How about "Tos Presents: Its so far away from me Boo Hoo! Deal with it."

Its my tourney, I can hold it where ever I want and call it whatever I want.

This SHOULDN'T be the main subject the week before the tournament.

Seriously this is starting to get annoying -__-

I can tell you now that I'm not going to be changing anything. Lets leave it at that.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Look how childish that post is lol. lets all remember this is the tourneys host people

"Mine, mine mine!!!" XD

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Awesome cause apparently it thanks two hours just to get to dover x.x but it's only an 11 minute drive from there so I guess I can catch a cab unless, of course *coughpickmeupwtfomgcoughcough* Plus I dunno anyone that would wanna double with me D: haven't had the chance to play against anyone here, stupid Wii up and broke on me.
Hey, actually it depends on what time you want to leave at, if you leave at 6:43 am you will arrive at 11am. At most you would arrive at 11:30am. Which reminds me, is it possible I could go to your house the day before the tourney (friday). So that I can also enter doubles and not be late. Then if no one could pick us up we could split a cab. Lastly, want to team ^_^.

You Smashers got to stop b!tching, aren't you guys suppose to be the ones who sleep on people's floors just to attend tourneys?Like for honestly, don't you people travel hundreds of miles? You guys got a buck up, if not we're going to become a pussified community like America and all their last place awards.

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
Hey, actually it depends on what time you want to leave at, if you leave at 6:43 am you will arrive at 11am. At most you would arrive at 11:30am. Which reminds me, is it possible I could go to your house the day before the tourney (friday). So that I can also enter doubles and not be late. Then if no one could pick us up we could split a cab. Lastly, want to team ^_^.

You Smashers got to stop b!tching, aren't you guys suppose to be the ones who sleep on people's floors just to attend tourneys?Like for honestly, don't you people travel hundreds of miles? You guys got a buck up, if not we're going to become a pussified community like America and all their last place awards.
Shortest time= 226 minutes= 3 hours 46 minutes (?) D:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
DaPuffster- Sorry I'm not siding with them but...........this isn't the best spot for a tournament. I got to spend around $30-$40 round trip to get here from Philly because no one wants to drive up here. It is your tournament and if they don't want to deal with it tell them to go **** off.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
DaPuffster- Sorry I'm not siding with them but...........this isn't the best spot for a tournament. I got to spend around $30-$40 round trip to get here from Philly because no one wants to drive up here. It is your tournament and if they don't want to deal with it tell them to go **** off.
Well thats what I've been saying lol.

Plus you don't have to pay since I'm picking you guys up at edison on friday remember?

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
30-40? o.o a round trip from here costs 20.50 at least...though I might end up shelling out 40 over the course of the whole thing. Cab there (unless I get a ride!) the actual venue/singles fee and cab back tot he train station...and maybe even food :D!

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Shortest time= 226 minutes= 3 hours 46 minutes (?) D:
Well here's the info I got from Ashbury to Dover, these are the train schedules.
http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainSchedulesFrom

The earliest train that it shows leaves at 5:46am and after some transfers arrives at about 9:53am. Regardless could I sleep over your house the day before the tourney, cause if I can't I will only be able to make it to like Brawl Singles in this tourney. Good thing is that the last train from Dover leaves at 11 something PM. Could I also stay over for Saturday, cause there are never buses leaving at 12 am until like 6 am. >.>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow i dunno why you guys are complaining about location, especially when it's an awesome venue.

Seriously guys, I used to think location was a huge deal (and it does help none the less) when I started hosting stuff, but back in Melee days no one ever gave a ****. Tunes biweeklies, do you know how many ppl took public trans to that? 0. Did people complain? No, they stepped it up, got there, and had a fun time.

Seriously guys, if I can find a way to Viridian last weekend and Puffs this weekend, you guys need to step it up. Anti, if you want Inui to drive you, then public trans to a place Inui can get you from, that's what I did for Viridian.

All of you guys won't stop whining about all of this. And there is a train that does sort of close to the venue. Sure it's not the most convinient way, but you guys act like there is 100% no way to get there. Why don't you guys shutup, stop posting **** on here, and send a letter to NJ Transit saying they blow.

Brawl kids these days man...

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Wow i dunno why you guys are complaining about location, especially when it's an awesome venue.

Seriously guys, I used to think location was a huge deal (and it does help none the less) when I started hosting stuff, but back in Melee days no one ever gave a ****. Tunes biweeklies, do you know how many ppl took public trans to that? 0. Did people complain? No, they stepped it up, got there, and had a fun time.

Seriously guys, if I can find a way to Viridian last weekend and Puffs this weekend, you guys need to step it up. Anti, if you want Inui to drive you, then public trans to a place Inui can get you from, that's what I did for Viridian.

All of you guys won't stop whining about all of this. And there is a train that does sort of close to the venue. Sure it's not the most convinient way, but you guys act like there is 100% no way to get there. Why don't you guys shutup, stop posting **** on here, and send a letter to NJ Transit saying they blow.

Brawl kids these days man...
Yeah, those youngsters.........

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
No room for anyone to stay over ^^;

****, how does this take longer than getting to New york x.x

Top Bottom