• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Tier Peach good?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
well for my list of worst match ups, but wolf over DK, once again I cant beat him, even If I am the better player, that is my true weakness and its freaking stupid. I played one for a rank match and lost it. The only thing that made the match close was the fact that he had habits and I picked it up within a min of the match. Thats all I had to depend on. But I still lost it. you guys have no idea how much I hate that dame character. Give me a snake, meta, DDD, G&W Wario, falco and day of the week over a damm wolf. This **** really pisses me off

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Well, that's interesting! Never had too many problems with DK but I see where the trouble with Wolf is- my rival just recently switched to Wolf as his secondary, and although I can beat him he gives me a loooot of trouble. And I can see Pikachu too.

I need to fight some more Wolfs, but I beat one at PAX and play my rival's pretty often. That darn forward-B seems to mess up float and so do the lasers. The chaingrab works well, but sometimes he can Shine out of it :(

Niko_K

Smash Master
Why is vista so wise? I'm serious. Dark.Pch that was straight up johns, if you knew playing aggressive would cause you to lose, why did you? .....

Also I made a tier list discussion thread where most of the discussion should be, this is turning into a very scattered match up thread.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
IIRC, Edrees' bests include Marth and Meta, worst is Falco. Right?
Those are my best matchups in iterms of characters who are tough for Peach.
Obviously fighting Olimar, Link and captain falcon are easier matcups for me than Marth and Meta. It's probably just because I know the matchup much more than Falco.

I can't possibly fathom what would make DK a hard matchup though. Maybe it's because you play defensive? I find that if you pressure DK like crazy he struggles. I just treat him like Snake. Crazy range, great tilts, powerful. But once I got him in the air or combing him, he's going to take around 75% damage by the time he gets his grounding at a safe distance..

Gea

Smash Master
DK is all about getting close. All he has are dtilts and bair to keep you away. Just edge forward then RUSHDOWN OWNAGE. Probably one of Peach's easier matchups out of all the characters that high on the tierlist. She's also one of few characters that can own his recovery.

But yeah, I can see the problem with Wolf kinda. Tink is also annoying as hell.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Against Tink, just pick Jungle Japes. :) I can beat Chip there, and he's one of the best TL's in the world.
His best kill move is usmash. Jungle Japes makes that a no go.

Also, utilt the crap out of him when he's above you. He hates that.

On other stages, he's really darn annoying. Careful with toad, he usually lands free hits if you toad his projectiles in the air. He'll rack up damage with an excellent camp game, punish you when you try to punish him on it, and then run and usmash you to your death. And his light weight breaks combos.

Niko_K

Smash Master
For DK I really think the BEST way of getting close is to anticipate his attacks, powershield them into a grab, then start your follow ups from there. If you can't get in because hes spacing well with bairs just start to turnip camp until he appraoches.

Dair Combos work really well as well as uair juggling.

Gea

Smash Master
Against Tink, just pick Jungle Japes. :) I can beat Chip there, and he's one of the best TL's in the world.
His best kill move is usmash. Jungle Japes makes that a no go.

Also, utilt the crap out of him when he's above you. He hates that.

On other stages, he's really darn annoying. Careful with toad, he usually lands free hits if you toad his projectiles in the air. He'll rack up damage with an excellent camp game, punish you when you try to punish him on it, and then run and usmash you to your death. And his light weight breaks combos.
Yeah, I appreciate the advice. I do go Japes. But you're right, he's just annoying. =o)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Im pretty sure everyone sees the Tier list discussion topic I made. This might as well take its own course.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
so how do you suppose we stay on topic for peach in top tier if we don't talk about her matchups? thats just impossible, sayings she's top tier and then not discussing why.
Nobody said she's top tier. The OP's question really was "if Peach ever were to become top tier, would it be a good or bad thing".

Sky`

Smash Lord
And personally, I think it would be a bad thing.
I just don't like the idea of having toooo many Peach players. Besides the fact that I hate dittos, It' sickens me to know that people would just pick her up, just cause she's high tier...

But here is what I don't understand. Tell me if this is true.

High tier = Easier to use.
Lower tier = Need to commit a bit more.?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Higher tier characters have more potential to place higher in tournaments than lower tier characters.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
In THEORY it's false. I think that's true CURRENTLY because Brawl hasn't been out long enough for people to commit to a lot of the characters.

In a year or so I'm sure the tier list will even out so that the characters that require commitment will rise to be next to the easy ones, with the real determining factor being whether even commitment is enough to make them win (can a committed Ganondorf beat a committed Peach?).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why is vista so wise? I'm serious. Dark.Pch that was straight up johns, if you knew playing aggressive would cause you to lose, why did you? .....
Thats one person that does not get what I am saying at all when I explained it in my post.

I can't possibly fathom what would make DK a hard matchup though. Maybe it's because you play defensive? I find that if you pressure DK like crazy he struggles. I just treat him like Snake. Crazy range, great tilts, powerful. But once I got him in the air or combing him, he's going to take around 75% damage by the time he gets his grounding at a safe distance..
DK is all about getting close. All he has are dtilts and bair to keep you away. Just edge forward then RUSHDOWN OWNAGE. Probably one of Peach's easier matchups out of all the characters that high on the tierlist. She's also one of few characters that can own his recovery.
You guys play bums DK and you tell me if it is that simple. I always keep hearing about Dair, Dair Dair, combos combos combos. Its not all about that. How you expect me to win if a person like Bum knows all about that and won't let you pull it off that easy. Same goes for other characters. If it was that simple to just win off of Dair whoring, peach be top tier. Large % of Peach players think thats all it is about and thats all i see. then the typical turnip to fair. You think that does not get old and will always be that simple to pull off?

I play way too many Peach dittos, I seen it all and know the average Peach game. It gets old to a point it does not do much to me. I don't lose to many dittos cause its all the same shizz with Peach. That typical game won't get you far. If I ever lose to a Peach in a ditto is cause they do things their own way and don't play that average Peach with the common habits, going Dair happy and tilts. And even it all depends on who is smarter.

All this I keeping hearing is not that easy. Until People play his DK, I don't wanna hear the same old strat people keeping saying with Peach for nearly every character.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I never said to down air spam. I just said to pressure him and do combos, focus on being offensive and in his face. I never said anything about down air whoring or it being easy. You are being way too defensive again.

If DK is beating you he is reacting to your movements too fast IMO. Try to juke him out more often. For example pull out a turnip, and do a small quick dash dance (for no reason) to throw off whatever spacing he has planned, then jump and throw it. Watch how something can really throw off his spacing and get you in.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was not really getting on about you. I am saying this is not as simple as people make it out to be. And it is not that simple for me to just get inside Bum like that

His spacing is better
He has more range
Hard to kill
Can Kill you at good %
Is hard to get through the up-B with the super armor

Bum takes all this into account. Its not that easy.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So, yea sorry if I came off the wrong way. I been a lil on the edge lately for the past 2 weeks. And its like my humble personality is gone. Which sucks, this new me is such balls. I seriously feel like Cort with Peach .___.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i hardly ever use my Dair, only when the situation presents itself, but in my experience DK still isn't too tough to beat, i usually just try to bait his attacks, get him to approach with a Bair or a tilt, and usually go in with a Fair to jab combo or sometimes i'll approach and powershield whatever they throw, its not easy, DK has some quick moves, but with quick reflexes its possible to powershield just about any attack dk throws out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
And personally, I think it would be a bad thing.
I just don't like the idea of having toooo many Peach players. Besides the fact that I hate dittos, It' sickens me to know that people would just pick her up, just cause she's high tier...

But here is what I don't understand. Tell me if this is true.

High tier = Easier to use.
Lower tier = Need to commit a bit more.?
Well, think of it this way, Sky. The more Peach players there is, the faster the metagame may evolve. I don't see why having a lot of Peach players would be a problem except by stating that you're not that original, which shouldn't be your biggest issue. Your biggest issue is doing your best and placing well in tournaments.

Now, as for tiers, I believe that the higher you move up in the tier list, the harder it maybe (except possibly Meta Knight, but that's a different story). I mean, I can't just pick a high or top tier and garantee victory like that. Even higher tiered characters needs effort put in to win in general.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, think of it this way, Sky. The more Peach players there is, the faster the metagame may evolve. I don't see why having a lot of Peach players would be a problem except by stating that you're not that original, which shouldn't be your biggest issue. Your biggest issue is doing your best and placing well in tournaments.

Now, as for tiers, I believe that the higher you move up in the tier list, the harder it maybe (except possibly Meta Knight, but that's a different story). I mean, I can't just pick a high or top tier and garantee victory like that. Even higher tiered characters needs effort put in to win in general.
You know, for the first time I actually agree with Rockin and don't have the need to call him a loser..................OMG WTF HAVE I TURNED INTO THESE PAST 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Best DK I've played so far is Bigfoot, and I beat him. I'd love to take a stab at bum.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well the only HUGE problem i have with peach, is when i play against a good pikachu, those **** spammy thunder jolts and that super gay Dsmash causes me way too many problems, and his arials are too quick and have too much of a lasting hitbox for me to really get a good advantage in the air, so any advice on pika?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
the thunder bolts dont matter to me is what my problem with him is its hard to escape pika when he starts his combos due to Peach weight and her DI in this game. And then playing one who can use the quick attack well and link into combos is another problem. It becomes hard to land a good hit on him.

I played anthers pika, its insane. I got wins off him but he got like maybe 2 more than me from all the fights we had. And taught me pika so thats why I say pika is somewhat of a problem to me.

Top Bottom