• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

JKJ

Smash Ace
I agree with (most) of the above post by UlyssesTheTrojan.
Dr. PeePee is the favorite right now (for me). He is no longer allowing himself to slip into a bad mindset and thereby beat himself, and he has proven time and time again that he can beat Armada (Pound V and Smasher's Reunion, even though he lost Smasher's reunion he played incredibly well and has improved since then), Hungrybox (Zenith 2012), M2K (Zenith 2012), and MaNg0 (Kings of Cali, Winter Game Fest [I believe?]). If he is on his game and in a good mindset (which is no longer a large problem) he is a serious threat to take the whole tournament.

Javi will not place as well this year. He will place well, yes (he is a very high level fox), but I feel that if Javi lacks the element of surprise (which he had last year) he is not as dangerous as he seemed last year.

Also, Hax, Axe, and KirbyKaze will place top 10 this year. I can't see Leffen placing highly. Also, I'm biased because I don't like the guy very much. I can't really say that I know him, so there's no hate (as I've never met him) but the way he has behaved on the boards, time and time again, hints at a personality that does not sit too well with me. Can't hate a guy until you meet him, though.

All in all, here's my list:
1. PP
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. Hungrybox
5. Hax/Axe
6. Hax/Axe
7. Javi/KirbyKaze
8. Javi/Kirbykaze
9. Mew2King
10. Somebody like SFAT/PewPewU/Kage?

UlyssesTheTrojan

Smash Apprentice
Landry that was basically what I was thinking as well. I am definitely rooting for M2K to break top 4. There is no way to prove who is definitively better than who in any given match up in the s tier of players. It just means more hype and excitement. We haven't seen m2k's sheik vs Armada, a matchup that I think m2k could go even with Armada in. Will also be rooting for NorCal (GO ppu sfat shroomed!). I don't agree with a lot of things Leffen says but if he can give Armada competition he is probably good. Axe is held back by his character.

JKJ

Smash Ace
My bad, I forgot about Shroomed. SHROOOMED HOW DID I FORGET YOU YOU ARE SO AWESOME

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I don't know why people are thinking Hungrybox will be beating Armada so easily. In Grand Finals last year, Armada was up 2-0 until Seibrik came to HBox's side and helped out by giving advice to win the next three games. Following that, Armada won 3-0.

And it'd be stupid to think Armada hasn't trained his Young Link for other match-ups in case HBox uses a secondary of his own. We've seen Armada doing very well with him against Fox mains, and I'm sure he can handle Falcos and Sheiks too, moreso HBox's (no offense).

That said, maybe Hungrybox will be much better prepared for Young Link this year and win straight up with Puff, but I'd say that based on speculation, it's in Armada's favor. Maybe he'll land his first Rest, lol.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I hope Taj mains Marth this tourney. I'd like for him to have a similar run to what he did at Genesis2. I do believe he is good enough to pull it off.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
requesting videos of armadas young link vs nonpuffs
I remember seeing Armada's YL
winning convincingly
against PC Chris' Fox and against MacD's Peach, but I can't find them on Youtube... If you're in a mood for Twitch archeology, I'm 99% sure the match against PC was the day before Apex 2012, and there were other YL matches on the stream. Don't remember about MacD though.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
All in all, here's my list:
1. PP
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. Hungrybox
5. Hax/Axe
6. Hax/Axe
7. Javi/KirbyKaze
8. Javi/Kirbykaze
9. Mew2King
10. Somebody like SFAT/PewPewU/Kage?
If I can do that at least Ill be pretty happy. I think I can manage it with the practice I put in lately.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing Armada's YL
winning convincingly
against PC Chris' Fox and against MacD's Peach, but I can't find them on Youtube... If you're in a mood for Twitch archeology, I'm 99% sure the match against PC was the day before Apex 2012, and there were other YL matches on the stream. Don't remember about MacD though.
http://www.twitch.tv/progducto/b/304542871

this is the stream where armada was playing pc chris

you search through it for ylink vs others

Vegard

Smash Lord
Landry that was basically what I was thinking as well. I am definitely rooting for M2K to break top 4. There is no way to prove who is definitively better than who in any given match up in the s tier of players. It just means more hype and excitement. We haven't seen m2k's sheik vs Armada, a matchup that I think m2k could go even with Armada in. Will also be rooting for NorCal (GO ppu sfat shroomed!). I don't agree with a lot of things Leffen says but if he can give Armada competition he is probably good. Axe is held back by his character.
Axe is held back by his character? If anything the fact that he's so good with his unique character in today's metagame is *helping* him. He also has a Falco which is no where close to being as good as his Pikachu, so I fail to see how his character is holding him back. Not to mention he's also arguably ranked top 5 in the US

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Of course you did but that's ok. It's not possible to plan ahead or predict what will happen at the tournament. All I really know about me is that you never know what kind of surprises will happen..

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Kage is going to save... I mean doom us al!

Fav players to watch in no order

M2k, Pp, Colbol, (Who was that WC Luigi player?), GreenMario, Mango, Kage, DsShizWiz, Armada, Hbox, Lambchops & Zhu.

:sonic:

:phone:

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Wc luigi player? Eddy mexico?

Edit:I think vudujin is from texas. Idk I remember seeing his name on one of the tourney threads.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Eddy Mexico is from Tijuana. Vudujin is from PA. Vist is from MD. Abate is from PA. Blea Gelo is from FL. Ka-master is a non factor.

That's all the Luigi mains you need to know.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
He came to a washington tournament recently like 2 months ago I think? But anyway I saw him playing vs silentwolf in grand finals and ka-master is still a beast!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Y'all are forgetting about Wobbles. He's consistently placed high at every national he's entered.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I'm looking forward to that match if it happens <3 (I don't really care about the result, but ICs vs Ganon sounds interesting :D)

That really isn't saying much.
Being better than Abate and Vudujin would hardly be an easy feat.

All three are incredibly good, and I'm certainly missing somebody who's somewhere on that level as well. Sorry to you.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm looking forward to that match if it happens <3 (I don't really care about the result, but ICs vs Ganon sounds interesting :D)

Being better than Abate and Vudujin would hardly be an easy feat.

All three are incredibly good, and I'm certainly missing somebody who's somewhere on that level as well. Sorry to you.
I mean for example, none of them can do any damage at Apex.

Top Bottom