• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
does he still have that christmas icon from 2012 that he proceeded to never change

does he still play bad characters

find out in a year or so, I guess. maybe if we mention his hairflipping enough he'll appear like beetlejuice

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
K9 went absolutely ham on y'all.
Holy crap.
Frozen ate people for dinner too.
Like, some of these losses aren't even a surprise to me. Like frozen whooping ***. Or like seagull Joe getting dominated.

Good job to west coast coming out and running train. Great job to frozen for showing the WiFi skills at offline tourneys :3 Even better job to seagull Joe for placing exactly where he should've :3 Good job to June beating chillin. Great job to jceasar beating Freezhime. :3

@Hungry Headcrab Brandandorf made the list after southwestern justice 2, AZs regional. I believe you can find those videos on their youtube playlist Southwestern Justice Gunsmoke
I didn't get dominated ya douche. I barely lost to K9 and Smash GOD. I still got 3rd in doubles. This is honestly the worst I've done in awhile in singles. I'll just keep training.

:018:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
woah holy **** where did you come from

And yeah, most dittos are stupid anyway. The only good ditto is probably Captain Falcon.

btw, does anybody know if Arty is going to UFGTX or SKTAR 3?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Dittos are just another MU
Better be good at it if you on the list

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Also, Showdown delivered. I can't decide which matches shouldn't go into my favs playlist.

Screw it. They all go in.

Also, I think I'll continue to support June > Boss, maybe even #1 Diddy. Boss might deserve the #2 spot on Mario after Gallo and before Hungrybox. Redd should go somewhere, esp. for doing so well v/s Frozen with his Sheik (who can't edgeguard in this game right right right :p) Also that Zero/Armada gap ... hmmmmmmm ...

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Ty for finally putting Ikuzen on the list, but why is oracle first? I mean i like the guy, and hes way better than me, but his charizard is not on the level of Yomi's or Ikuzen's, imo he should be third.

And I know that we shouldnt use netplay to gauge skill level
but oracle got bopped on netplay by randoms while ikuzen is the best netplay player to date
You could ignore that i just had to say it :)

Ikuzen goes by Zen and he got third today knocking aSMa into losers

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Ty for finally putting Ikuzen on the list, but why is oracle first? I mean i like the guy, and hes way better than me, but his charizard is not on the level of Yomi's or Ikuzen's, imo he should be third.

but oracle got bopped on netplay by randoms while ikuzen is the best netplay player to date

I mean I'd rather go and see the entire bracket that both Yomi and Zen ran through before making any judgements. Oracle himself lives in a very stacked region and is still able to pull off very consistent results with his Charizard. I don't want to be to quick to change any standings without clear results.

Plus I wouldn't really call aMSa a well-established player at this point. He still hasn't really knocked out many great well-known players (as far as I'm concerned; once again I'd have to see the bracket of RoF3) and the only confirmation we've got is that he indeed defeated Zen in losers and got 3-0'd by Professor Pro. It's hard to gauge players based on that alone.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Yo, though I'm sure it's been said already, Frozen's Mewtwo played insanely well at PMS. I had never thought that his Mewtwo would do that well. Congrats to him and I hope he makes this list sometime soon!

But wait... this Falcon list is a mess. You guys put Remo's Falcon, who just showed up to one random tourney, over mine? And even Fatality's who's not even on this list (Fatality being one of the best Falcons in the South, if not the best)? And does Thumbswayup even play P:M regularly? Though I'm mainly a P:M online Falcon player, I've attended the few offline tourneys for P:M that I can attend since 2012 and I've done very well at them. I outpaced Thumbswayup at Apex 2014 (making 65th, 3rd in pool going all Falcon, him making 97th), I usually win all my P:M locals in East Tennessee and usually get top 12 in the few P:M tourneys I can attend in the South in which top players like Reflex, Pikachad, Dr. PP, etc. are present. Here's my notable offline tournament history with Falcon:

• I got 5th at Above the Influence in 2013 going all Falcon where Reflex, KOKingpin, and others were there
  • 9th at Tipped Off 9 using Falcon/Falco in a bracket with PP, Reflex, Hbox, Plup, etc.,
  • 65th at Apex 2014 going all Falcon with Kage and Denti in my pool, out-placing Thumbswayup who is on this list (Edit: Forgot I went Link vs Kage game 2, but w/e)
  • 9th at Kumite in Tennessee (KiT) going all Falcon with m2k and Pikachad and Tennessee's finest (though Smashboards results only show top 8) Edit: Actually, I made 9th in Melee and I think 13th in P:M. Not sure, bracket isn't available
  • 9th at Viva La Smash II going all Falcon with almost all of Tennesee's best and some of Georgia's, including S0ft

SmashStudios usually streams most of the big events in the South, but they are absolutely horrible in uploading their tournament footage to Youtube and sometimes even forgetting to archive their tourney footage on Twitch, and all the footage of me on YT that exists is mostly old tourney footage of me getting bopped or of online wi-fi footage since I'm mainly an online player. There will be a wi-fi GFs tournament set uploaded very soon where I take Darky Shiranui, the Sonic player, to game 5 with me coming for losers and I forced him to switch characters from Sonic. Though I played all Fox in that set and it's wi-fi, so you're free to judge that as you will.

But honestly, in the Falcon list, you include people who don't even play the game much to my knowledge (Thumbswayup), main other characters (Hax with Fox, though we'll see what he'll do at SKTAR) or people who come out of nowhere for one local (Remo, though his Falcon is pretty solid). The only person you got right is Strawhat and though I used to not think very highly of him, his recent progress certainly deserves him the spot as the best active P:M Falcon for now. Fatality, a Falcon/Ivy player from Georgia is making groundbreaking results, either taking games or outright beating Reflex in tournament and making it to GFs in tournaments where Pikachad is present. And I've already listed my story here. I understand that the South lacks tourney footage compared to other regions and many of you have never even heard of me or Fatality. But ask any of the people in the P:M scene and/or on this thread that I've either played on wi-fi, in the South, and/or played at Apex 2014 (Frozen (online), Reflex, PikaChad, Strong Bad (online), Gallo (online), Zhime (on/offline), Disqo (on/offline), Nazo (online), Gurukid, (if he remembers playing me at Apex), etc) and I can 100% guarantee that they can vouch for my skill. They may not recommend me to be on this list, but I can guarantee you that they would at least not call me a fraud. Except for of course... Oracle :troll:

Edit: Wow, the bias against Ikuzen is amazingly strong right now lol. KayB, you have no room to heavily criticize Senketsu's testimonial of Ikuzen's skill and tournament standing as a top Charizard, which he provided with solid facts from the very beginning, and then put Remo as the 3rd best Falcon on this list after one random tournament showing at a Xanadu (In my opinion, the list should be: StrawHat, Fatality, and me or Hax, StrawHat, and Fatality, but w/e). I understand that updating this list is very hard and requires a lot of work of which I thank you for. But I mean come on now lol. Let's apply this same level of criticism across the board here.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I realize that I won't be able to keep track of every tournament, and I expect other people to realize that too. For the most part, I've been following Infinity & Beyond and other Texas regionals/locals, Wavedash Wednesdays, S@X, those tournaments NZA hosts, PM tournaments that are streamed by VGBC, saltyplayground videos from Europe, AZprojectmelee tournaments, SoCal tournaments, CT Tournaments, and occasionally Japanese tournaments. There's always going to be some that I miss, and while I apologize for not being aware, please understand that it is incredibly hard to keep track of every player.

Edit: Wow, the bias against Ikuzen is amazingly strong right now lol. KayB, you have no room to heavily criticize Senketsu's testimonial of Ikuzen's skill and tournament standing as a top Charizard, which he provided with solid facts from the very beginning, and then put Remo as the 3rd best Falcon on this list after one random tournament showing at a Xanadu (In my opinion, the list should be: StrawHat, Fatality, and me or Hax, StrawHat, and Fatality, but w/e). I understand that updating this list is very hard and requires a lot of work of which I thank you for. But I mean come on now lol. Let's apply this same level of criticism across the board here.
I think I've been more than fair with Senketsu. I've actually been very impressed with Zen's skills when Senketsu originally mentioned him here, but if I were to replace any Charizard's in the OP before him based on Netplay videos, that would be very unfair to the players already on this list. As much as I'd like to, I couldn't put Zen there just because I felt like it. I have to put as little bias as I can in these posts. And here, I think it's fair that I question who exactly was in this bracket and who he placed as that dictates the difficulty of his bracket. He defeated aMSa, but like I said, very few people have a solid grasp of his PM capabilities as he hasn't really played many people within the US or European scene and doesn't exactly have a bar that he's established (until, once again, we see the bracket and see who aMSa faced other than Zen). Oracle has already proven himself to be able to withstand the players in Texas, which is widely considered to be the most stacked region in the world. I don't think I'm asking for too much here, nor do I think I'm being overly unfair and biased.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash wifi will be take just about as serious as you would Tetris serious. If you notice, the only wifi people on the list, are the same wifi people who QUIT wifi.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
I realize that I won't be able to keep track of every tournament, and I expect other people to realize that too. For the most part, I've been following Infinity & Beyond and other Texas regionals/locals, Wavedash Wednesdays, S@X, those tournaments NZA hosts, PM tournaments that are streamed by VGBC, saltyplayground videos from Europe, and Japanese tournaments. There's always going to be some that I miss, and while I apologize for not being aware, please understand that it is incredibly hard to keep track of every player.
Fair enough. That is what I assumed was happening here.

I think I've been more than fair with Senketsu. I've actually been very impressed with Zen's skills when Senketsu originally mentioned him here, but if I were to replace any Charizard's in the OP before him based on Netplay videos, that would be very unfair to the players already on this list. As much as I'd like to, I couldn't put Zen there just because. I have to put as little bias as I can in these posts. And here, I think it's fair that I question who exactly was in this bracket and who he placed as that dictates the difficulty of his bracket. He defeated aMSa, but like I said, very few people have a solid grasp of his PM capabilities as he doesn't exactly have a bar that he's established (until, once again, we see the bracket and see who aMSa faced other than Zen). Oracle has already proven himself to withstand the players in Texas, which is widely considered to be the most stacked region in the world. I don't think I'm asking for too much here, nor do I think I'm being overly unfair and biased.
I appreciate your criticism towards Zen and I agree that it was absolutely necessary for him to be evaluated in such a way. However, I was saying that you don't apply that same criticism, which I agree is necessary, to some of the players that you yourself already put on this list. Remo was just one example.

Another example is Darky himself. Darky, a wifi player, has only been to one notable offline tournament of which I know (Collision IX) and though he played amazingly at that tournament, you and many other people in this thread (myself included) consider him to be a top Sonic despite the fact that he only had one tournament showing.

Now compare this to Zen who is a Netplay player. Though at first Senketsu's only evidence of Zen's skill was from his Netplay performance, offline tournament videos vs ranked players in France, I believe, were provided and you were still reluctant to put Zen on the list, of which I believe you were right to do so. My question is why you put this standard on Zen, but not players like Darky and Remo. That's what I'm asking.

@ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash wifi will be take just about as serious as you would Tetris serious. If you notice, the only wifi people on the list, are the same wifi people who QUIT wifi.
Ply m3 1v1 on weefee scr00b. Ill rek u wif mah onlYne Peech. Dwn smashz 4 lyfez.

But seriously, almost all the wi-fi players I mentioned have played wi-fi within the past month. Though with Gallo, it was either a month or two ago, idk. And I don't think Nazo has played. I think he has internet johns, not sure.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Another example is Darky himself. Darky, a wifi player, has only been to one notable offline tournament of which I know (Collision IX) and though he played amazingly at that tournament, you and many other people in this thread (myself included) consider him to be a top Sonic despite the fact that he only had one tournament showing.

Now compare this to Zen who is a Netplay player. Though at first Senketsu's only evidence of Zen's skill was from his Netplay performance, offline tournament videos vs ranked players in France, I believe, were provided and you were still reluctant to put Zen on the list, of which I believe you were right to do so. My question is why you put this standard on Zen, but not players like Darky and Remo. That's what I'm asking.
Remo was really only put there because Hax was pretty much inactive and I had to fill the Falcon spot with another player. He did well at that single local and I didn't really know anyone else to fill the spot, thus Remo's placing. Had I known about any other Falcon placings, they probably would have taken priority.
Darky's placing was a bit more presumptuous, but Darky had an excellent tournament run and a good showing versus Mew2King. Unlike Zen, many top players had said that he was a very good and one of the best Sonic mains and, most importantly, there wasn't really anyone else on the Sonic list at the time (this was pre CEO Prologue I believe, which was Wizzrobe's first official appearance since his absence since Zenith, and also before players like Aion popped up) so there was less competition on the list. He had proven himself, and there really wasn't anyone else he was competing with, so I couldn't see why putting him on the list at the time would really do much harm. Now, his spot is up to question since his disappearance, but it is a bit questionable who would get that third spot since Nazo recently has been underperforming. Zen on the other hand had a LOT of competition. Oracle and Metroid had already established themselves as the best Charizards in the US at the time, and Yomi had been performing very well, placing respectably in BEAST 4. Not to mention, Android also picked up Charizard and placed as respectably well as Yomi. Unlike Darky, I had only heard about Zen from Senketsu, a user who had joined very very recently, and from Netplay videos he posted. He said he placed well at French locals/regionals (I'm guessing), but I honestly have no clue who's good in France and what that means about Zen, and I did not find any offline videos from any of these tournaments. There was quite a bit of difference between the choosings of Darky and Zen, so please understand. I may make adjustments soon, but I may be busy this week so updates might come slow.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
He didn't just "place well" he won
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MhkGgDGXc

And like Kman said, other players had gotten on the list with little to no solid evidence (ESAM on Pikachu, wat), so I thought I would get Zen on the list pretty easily. Boy was I wrong.

Sorry about trying so hard to get Zen on the list but that guy is the truth. When I played him i just knew that he was the best Charizard.

And join dates don't mean a thang, you're talking to the one and only PANDAPANDA. WEST COAST!!!!

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
Remo is bad, Kman is better.

EDIT: Okay maybe that was a little bit blunt.. However, I didn't see anything impressive from Remo other than beating an already self-defeated K9 who clearly needs to work on the Falcon MU. Kman doesn't go out to much tourneys as I'd like him to, but if we're going solely off of skill I know for a fact Kman should be like 2nd on the Falcon list (Hax being the first). Also, I'll be on there once I stop choking and getting 9th/13th @ SSSs.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
He didn't just "place well" he won
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MhkGgDGXc

And like Kman said, other players had gotten on the list with little to no solid evidence (ESAM on Pikachu, wat), so I thought I would get Zen on the list pretty easily. Boy was I wrong.

Sorry about trying so hard to get Zen on the list but that guy is the truth. When I played him i just knew that he was the best Charizard.

And join dates don't mean a thang, you're talking to the one and only PANDAPANDA. WEST COAST!!!!
Don't be sorry, I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm trying to be fair. It's not your fault at all.
And ESAM being on Pikachu was because Chu Dat doesn't play Pikachu anymore and there aren't really any other Pikachu players.

btw @ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash , do you have any videos I can link to?

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
What are you trying to prove with this statement? I'm a no-name random from SoCal who isn't even ranked, yet I basically destroy every WC player on the IRC, and I've beaten Strong Bad, Lunchables, Anther, and many others on Netplay. It holds little to no credibility dude lol.. Oracle is most likely better than those "randoms" and would "bop" them if they played him offline.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Arty is going to UFGT.

For what it's worth, and I know this is really only based on one matchup, but Ally, Metroid, and Vro were all similarly even when they all played Ike against me. They were all very different and good at different things, but I couldn't tell you if one was just that much better than the others. For what it's worth, Vro quit and Metroid started investing heavily into Charizard while Ally continued to put up placings, so that might be the best thing to go off of. I have never been impressed by another Ike besides those 3, playing or watching.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
What are you trying to prove with this statement? I'm a no-name random from SoCal who isn't even ranked, yet I basically destroy every WC player on the IRC, and I've beaten Strong Bad, Lunchables, Anther, and many others on Netplay. It holds little to no credibility dude lol.. Oracle is most likely better than those "randoms" and would "bop" them if they played him offline.
I said to ignore it, don't get your panties in a twist. It's just funny that Oracle went on actually lost, you'd expect him tear through everyone. It's just a fun fact, not trying to prove anything.

And we've already established the whole net play invalidates skill thing no need to remind me.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Arty is going to UFGT.

For what it's worth, and I know this is really only based on one matchup, but Ally, Metroid, and Vro were all similarly even when they all played Ike against me. They were all very different and good at different things, but I couldn't tell you if one was just that much better than the others. For what it's worth, Vro quit and Metroid started investing heavily into Charizard while Ally continued to put up placings, so that might be the best thing to go off of. I have never been impressed by another Ike besides those 3, playing or watching.
Vro doesn't play anymore, right? Are you talking about pre-3.0?

Does anyone know where RoF3 streamed PM?
SaltyPlayground didn't stream PM that day I believe, I think it was a free side-event. Either way, matches will be uploaded in a few days. I don't know anybody who knows where it's going to be uploaded to, but Professor Pro said he'd link us once they're up.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
btw @ TheKmanOfSmash TheKmanOfSmash , do you have any videos I can link to?
I had some very good vids at KiT including me vs Pikachad and Mr. Pickle who are both ranked in TN, but not only have SmashStudios not uploaded to YT nearly every match that was streamed (except for like finals sets), but they did not archive the tournament on their Twitch channel so I can't even link that. I didn't play on stream at Apex, Viva La Smash II, or at TO9 and I only played a recorded match on Reflex's recording set up where I happened to get knocked into losers. Also, every P:M tournament I've ever entered in Georgia (except for TO9) has no recorded footage of me. Everything else that exists out there is either from Above the Influence where Reflex destroyed me my first time ever on stream or wi-fi tourney and friendly footage. The South sux at recording/uploading compared to other regions, but hopefully I can get more footage of me offline in the future. I'll link all the P:M Falcon tourney vids of me that I know exist as of now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bw03cVNO1Y Kman vs KOKingpin (Above the Influence, 2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJlGahoVYoU Kman vs Reflex (Above the Influence, 2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpwfdKrffhQ Kman vs D.A.B. (Tipped Off 9, 2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX1TXMbkWg Kman vs Darky (DBDI 10, 2014, Wi-fi)

I 100% understand if this isn't enough to make a solid decision for me being on this list and based on your strict standards, I hope that is the case. I just ask that you include the South (not just Florida) in your list of tourney scenes that you follow and maybe one day, you'll see something that surprises you ;)

Oracle

Smash Master

ive won like 4 doubles tournaments going zard and taken out top players in my region with him. when your friend gets some more real accomplishments without lag holding his hand, then maybe he can have my spot

also I have a combo video and he doesn't. I shouldn't have to explain why that makes me better

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I had some very good vids at KiT including me vs Pikachad and Mr. Pickle who are both ranked in TN, but not only have SmashStudios not uploaded to YT nearly every match that was streamed (except for like finals sets), but they did not archive the tournament on their Twitch channel so I can't even link that. I didn't play on stream at Apex, Viva La Smash II, or at TO9 and I only played a recorded match on Reflex's recording set up where I happened to get knocked into losers. Also, every P:M tournament I've ever entered in Georgia (except for TO9) has no recorded footage of me. Everything else that exists out there is either from Above the Influence where Reflex destroyed me my first time ever on stream or wi-fi tourney and friendly footage. The South sux at recording/uploading compared to other regions, but hopefully I can get more footage of me offline in the future. I'll link all the P:M Falcon tourney vids of me that I know exist as of now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bw03cVNO1Y Kman vs KOKingpin (Above the Influence, 2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJlGahoVYoU Kman vs Reflex (Above the Influence, 2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpwfdKrffhQ Kman vs D.A.B. (Tipped Off 9, 2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX1TXMbkWg Kman vs Darky (DBDI 10, 2014, Wi-fi)

I 100% understand if this isn't enough to make a solid decision for me being on this list and based on your strict standards, I hope that is the case. I just ask that you include the South (not just Florida) in your list of tourney scenes that you follow and maybe one day, you'll see something that surprises you ;)
That's fine. Do you know any youtube channels in your scene that I can subscribe to other than CT?

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can't use footage that predates 3.0. The existing footage of 2.6 and before were already there to begin with, and possibly those will be deleted in due time. Ergo, the AOI footage I can't use.

Last edited:

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
ive won like 4 doubles tournaments going zard and taken out top players in my region with him. when your friend gets some more real accomplishments without lag holding his hand, then maybe he can have my spot

also I have a combo video and he doesn't. I shouldn't have to explain why that makes me better
Sorry I forgot to say "in my opinion" when I said I think Zen and Yomi are better than you, because I honestly think they are better than you. But there is nothing wrong with having an opinion like that and plus you still are one of the best players around.

And we discussed that netplay doesn't matter you shouldn't get salty that Zen is a better netplay player than you.

Anyways mission accomplished I got Zen on the list, I'll probably won't come back until I find another godlike player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom