• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't know man I feel it is who ever has more exposure I've beaten a lot of great people too, Jreed, Hax, Xzax, Vanz, Taken games off Mewtwoking. I didn't really care about the ranking in the first place but I just think it's more of a popularity contest than skill. I think I can beat K9 and Infinity.
I'll keep note and keep you on the radar. Have any vids?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Gallo is always RDY to throw down. You already bout to give 100 to prof for free, it be a shame if this was lost to.

D

Deleted member

gurukid is hella underrated.

that said, lawnchair is also surprisingly good. i would not be surprised if either of them could beat the other.

i'm glad PA finally has legit players in a smash game.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I don't know man I feel it is who ever has more exposure I've beaten a lot of great people too, Jreed, Hax, Xzax, Vanz, Taken games off Mewtwoking. I didn't really care about the ranking in the first place but I just think it's more of a popularity contest than skill. I think I can beat K9 and Infinity.
No doubt at all that you're a skilled player, but please don't say you can beat anyone until you've had a chance to play against them or against people they play against regularly. Right now all you're doing is saying that you're good on baseless conjecture. The problem with saying "I'm good because I beat this guy and that guy" is that you don't know what kind of track record the people you're comparing yourself to have. I've taken games off of Mew2King and I took ZeRo to last stock in game 3 of a 2/3 Money Match, but that doesn't make me any better than someone who hasn't had that opportunity yet (such as DSF or Plup). You're right, this thread is definitely a popularity contest, which makes me curious about why you're so adamantly defending your opinion that you should be in the top 3.

If you'd like to get some exposure and some quality footage recorded I'd be happy to house to so that you can attend one of our weeklies down here. I'd love to play a few games with you to see how we match up, and I'd love to see how you do against the DFW crew :-)

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
No doubt at all that you're a skilled player, but please don't say you can beat anyone until you've had a chance to play against them or against people they play against regularly. Right now all you're doing is saying that you're good on baseless conjecture. The problem with saying "I'm good because I beat this guy and that guy" is that you don't know what kind of track record the people you're comparing yourself to have. I've taken games off of Mew2King and I took ZeRo to last stock in game 3 of a 2/3 Money Match, but that doesn't make me any better than someone who hasn't had that opportunity yet (such as DSF or Plup). You're right, this thread is definitely a popularity contest, which makes me curious about why you're so adamantly defending your opinion that you should be in the top 3.

If you'd like to get some exposure and some quality footage recorded I'd be happy to house to so that you can attend one of our weeklies down here. I'd love to play a few games with you to see how we match up, and I'd love to see how you do against the DFW crew :-)
I can respect that response, honestly you are the only person I feel that I would have the hardest time vs. I'm not impressed with other Metaknights you play MK ideally to me and I have backing of my skill from Wizzrobe and a short complement from Mewtwoking. It does sound baseless come to think of it, I don't really care for it much for my name to be on a webpage when it won't matter until I get that exposure on a big time stream (and since I can't go to SKTAR now I'll have to wait once again for something else to come up.) All and All. This thread won't do anything for me I just wanted to vent that I think most Metaknights are given too much credit and other Project M mains in general (Wizzrobe comes to mind when he is continually overlooked by people playing on CT and VGbootcamp when it comes to Sonic) when they have not done anything me beating Jreed,Deff,Seagull Joe,Xzax, doesn't mean anything unless it was on VGBootcamp or Clash tournaments is all I was saying.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Btw, does Pikachad still take PM seriously? I know he attends tournaments, but does he actively play or does he just show up?

D

Deleted member

I have to agree with lawnchair on the point that other MKs play the character far from ideal. MK as a character has tons of potential for positioning traps that even I was able to come up with in 30 minutes just testing the character. Lawnchair is also the only MK I've seen *so far* that makes an attempt to play to those techniques. The other MKs I see on stream are pretty clearly just pressing buttons with an amazing character and it would obviously not work against better players, which we pretty much already actively see week in and week out. MK is probably the best "fair" character in the game so to speak and I'm surprised that we haven't seen the MK fad already. That said, I'm also not surprised in any way to see people playing the character and doing well with no real method or technique behind it. I personally have also heavily considered playing MK as a secondary character for the same reason.

edit:

iirc lawn chair is also a fairly new player. I wouldn't bet on him beating K9 solidly right now, but give it until the end of august or so and that's free money imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I have to agree with lawnchair on the point that other MKs play the character far from ideal. MK as a character has tons of potential for positioning traps that even I was able to come up with in 30 minutes just testing the character. Lawnchair is also the only MK I've seen *so far* that makes an attempt to play to those techniques. The other MKs I see on stream are pretty clearly just pressing buttons with an amazing character and it would obviously not work against better players, which we pretty much already actively see week in and week out. MK is probably the best "fair" character in the game so to speak and I'm surprised that we haven't seen the MK fad already. That said, I'm also not surprised in any way to see people playing the character and doing well with no real method or technique behind it. I personally have also heavily considered playing MK as a secondary character for the same reason.
It's sad but it seems a character needs to be featured on a major stream before a majority of people consider putting work into it worthwhile. K9's performance at PMSh3.02 might help with that now.

D

Deleted member

It's sad but it seems a character needs to be featured on a major stream before a majority of people consider putting work into it worthwhile. K9's performance at PMSh3.02 might help with that now.
players that are unwilling to innovate their own character and/or are unable to stick with their own character choice are generally weak players anyway. you simply don't get to being a good player without serious dedication and work. and let's be honest, no one here cares about weak players. they don't make the list here and they have no impact on the game's design or the metagame.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman

edit:

iirc lawn chair is also a fairly new player. I wouldn't bet on him beating K9 solidly right now, but give it until the end of august or so and that's free money imo.
Quick note, I've been playing since 2.5 when my main was Mario and my first tourney I went into Loser Semis at Ktar 7 vs Atomsk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLqgHxrByls) I was really bad but it was a nice placing for my first PM tourney. Almost win but that choker dsmash cost me lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quick note, I've been playing since 2.5 when my main was Mario and my first tourney I went into Loser Semis at Ktar 7 vs Atomsk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLqgHxrByls) I was really bad but it was a nice placing for my first PM tourney. Almost win but that choker dsmash cost me lol
yeah this is like less than a year ago, in smash terms that's basically nothing. i thought you were excellent when i played you in reading and i have a very long and excellent record at judging talent.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Btw, does Pikachad still take PM seriously? I know he attends tournaments, but does he actively play or does he just show up?
I don't know him personally, but from what I've seen, he still takes it seriously. He's ranked 1st in our state for Melee/P:M based on our new PR we came out with (I'm 8th for P:M, btw :3), he streams Melee netplay a lot from what I know, and he was at Cute Cats 7 in Georgia literally 3 days ago where vids were recorded by Fatality (who's channel I linked in an above post). Here's the GFs set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP39X1TS5CY
You can also try to find older, but relatively recent vids of him vs Reflex on Reflex's channel, I believe.

I don't know if traveling to Georgia for a P:M tourney is taking it seriously or not, but I'd like to think it is. You can ask @ KOkingpin KOkingpin about that and he'd know like 1000x better than I would.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I don't know him personally, but from what I've seen, he still takes it seriously. He's ranked 1st in our state for Melee/P:M based on our new PR we came out with (I'm 8th for P:M, btw :3), he streams Melee netplay a lot from what I know, and he was at Cute Cats 7 in Georgia literally 3 days ago where vids were recorded by Fatality (who's channel I linked in an above post). Here's the GFs set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP39X1TS5CY
You can also try to find older, but relatively recent vids of him vs Reflex on Reflex's channel, I believe.

I don't know if traveling to Georgia for a P:M tourney is taking it seriously or not, but I'd like to think it is. You can ask @ KOkingpin KOkingpin about that and he'd know like 1000x better than I would.
Hmm, that makes things more complicated. Recently, CruzyCakes has been placing very well (placed decently at Apex 2014, places consistently in locals and regionals like KTAR and more and has beaten notable players like Gallo) but Boss has always been putting in work with Mario, placing well in PMS3, Bar Wars, and locals at S@X using Mario for tougher sets to beat players like Junebug. Pikachad I haven't heard about in a long time, and I don't know about any regionals he's been attending. Do you know of any notable players outside of your region (or within if you'd like to make note) that Pikachad has beaten?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Chad only goes to PM tournaments if there is also melee, which happens almost all the time. He is just a really solid smash bros player.

Zerudahime

Smash Apprentice
I love being so popular that everyone loves me.
Also, that everyone loves my character and just wants to sleep with me 24/7.
Its pretty incredible.

<3
Zhime

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Hmm, that makes things more complicated. Recently, CruzyCakes has been placing very well (placed decently at Apex 2014, places consistently in locals and regionals like KTAR and more and has beaten notable players like Gallo) but Boss has always been putting in work with Mario, placing well in PMS3, Bar Wars, and locals at S@X using Mario for tougher sets to beat players like Junebug. Pikachad I haven't heard about in a long time, and I don't know about any regionals he's been attending. Do you know of any notable players outside of your region (or within if you'd like to make note) that Pikachad has beaten?
Other than his performance at Big House 3 (taking 2nd), I can't recall of any notable out-of -region performances he's had. And the notable performance in-region have been against people I've mentioned in this thread before: Reflex (he's taken games, guaranteed. Not sure if he's won a set vs him), Fatality, KO, myself, and others. Also I believe he got 2nd at KiT which was in Jan. 2014 after Apex, losing to m2k. I don't know if he has plans to go to CEO or SKTAR (and you can ask KO or Chad that), but from what I know and from what KO has said, there's no indication that he'll stop playing P:M (as long as there's Melee). This may devalue his existence as a dedicated P:M player, but I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Was going to come post about Dart for marth but it seems you are already on top of that looking at the first post hah.

hand

Smash Cadet
Saltyplayground did not stream P:M. However, Charby recorded some matches and might upload them soon

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Sooo....... Zeros coming to SoCal.....
When and where, what tournament and what stream. What time of day and how long. What will he be wearing, what will he eat for that morning, what will he have for lunch. What deodorant will he wear, what will it smell like, what soap will he use. What will be his temperature, what will be his PH value, how many chromosomes will he have. I MUST KNOW, ZERO IS THE REAL G

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I may not be a huge fan of Zelda, but Zhime is definitely a real cool top player and he makes me respect her as a character.

Smash has a lot of talent and it's unfortunate a lot of people don't have easy access to means of getting their players out there. In the year 20XX every region has a VGBC

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
I may not be a huge fan of Zelda, but Zhime is definitely a real cool top player and he makes me respect her as a character.

Smash has a lot of talent and it's unfortunate a lot of people don't have easy access to means of getting their players out there. In the year 20XX every region has a VGBC
Every region with a VGBC... R.I.P outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom