• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

btw I'm seeing a lot of people add me to the list of people who play netplay frequently or I see meechman mention beating me several times as a way to show its lack of credibility

I played netplay for like 2 or 3 days and I kind of haven't done jack **** since. If you actually looked at the IRC I'm never there. Netplay is iffy, offline 4 lyfe

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I thought netplay was supposed to strengthen this community, not cause all these arguments :(

Everyone here should just hug it out, smoke a bowl, and have good laugh. Lets all respect wifi, netplay, and local play alike. No need to downplay whichever method someone uses to play Project M, so long as you're smashing and having a good time.

At the end of the day it's just a list, being first second or third doesn't change how good you actually are, it will not net you wins or better your placements. Let's take a moment think about how small this is compared to the big picture, no need for salt guys.

As you've probably noticed by now I am high as balls

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I thought netplay was supposed to strengthen this community, not cause all these arguments :(

Everyone here should just hug it out, smoke a bowl, and have good laugh. Lets all respect wifi, netplay, and local play alike. No need to downplay whichever method someone uses to play Project M, so long as you're smashing and having a good time.

At the end of the day it's just a list, being first second or third doesn't change how good you actually are, it will not net you wins or better your placements. Let's take a moment think about how small this is compared to the big picture, no need for salt guys.

As you've probably noticed by now I am high as balls
It's working, everyone is talking about it!

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
That's fine. Do you know any youtube channels in your scene that I can subscribe to other than CT?

EDIT: Unfortunately, I can't use footage that predates 3.0. The existing footage of 2.6 and before were already there to begin with, and possibly those will be deleted in due time. Ergo, the AOI footage I can't use.
Ah yeah, I see. Anything I did from TO9 onward was 3.0. As for P:M-related channels from the South you can subscribe to:

Alabama

Georgia

Tennessee (TN Smash pre-Apex and pre-P:M 3.0 has been relatively small and inactive for many years. But afterwards, we're picking up so much momentum and so much new talent that we might make an impact sometime soon)

• http://www.youtube.com/user/KOkingpinBrawlPlus/ (KO is one of TN's best P:M players. This is his channel. When Brawl Plus was a thing, he used to play that a lot, hence the YT name. He hasn't uploaded in a while, but that may change soon)
  • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheKmanOfSmash/ (My personal channel. I upload random wi-fi/offline Smash friendlies and, more recently, tourney stuff. I intend to put more content here in the future once I get a decent computer and start playing netplay/recording offline locals/hell, even streaming if the future is bright enough)

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Vwins is still on the Ivy list and hasn't played since 2.5
All of SoCal, and a huge chunk of players outside the area have all been requesting I be put on instead. I am hands-down the dominant Ivysaur in my region, and I really shouldn't be left out of the list for Vwins.

Here's some recordings from the most recent local "Mayhem" tournament. More to come.
vs Kaos (on this list) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n_yuezvZ9g
vs OkamiBW (on this list) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guJ1H6SdibU
vs Jonny Westside (on this list) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQa1VXHjHc
vs Fiction (You've heard of him) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhax_KBo5g

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Nintendude and Boss took names at this thing.

So freaking stacked

Edit: So did Redd. Also I heard Gallo 2-stocked Zero's Pit (but lost to his Fox), where did that happen? He needs mad props for doing that.
I watched this pools match. Gallo played it SO SO well and I really think it might be Pit's worst MU lol. So much can go wrong for him so quickly.

Gallo never met ZeRo in bracket. He forced Redd to go Fox.
EDIT: So ZeRo said that Gallo 2-stocked his Pit I guess? If it happens in this tournament, than the bracket is lying to me.

And holy **** Frozen. He's running a train through loser's bracket.
I used Sheik vs. Gallo. I used fox vs. Chu, Chillin (games 2+3), and some in pools. The rest was all Sheik.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Agree. Mach is the best Ivysaur in SoCal (arguably one of the best, toughest and most active regions in the PM scene) so that's no small feat. It's ridiculous to have me and Aion on the lists for best at our characters when I honestly think Mach is better than either of us.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
general competition, it's why you go and enter tournaments at all and not just play friendlies. being called good is a nice feeling, I guess

I don't consider it a bad thing; beef over top 3 spots means people try to get better. a lot of east coast FGC basically gets better out of pure spite that other people can be better than them, turning anger to profit can be a winning formula if you do it right

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
As long as we don't start meaningless and pointless hissing fights to the point where Hylian slam dunks our asses anyways.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do people actually sweat being listed in this thread? =P
Lol apparently. I think it's funny that the 1st or 2nd name on most of the chars almost never post in here or don't post in here about themselves and only post to support others.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
As long as we don't start meaningless and pointless hissing fights to the point where Hylian slam dunks our ***** anyways.
I miss those though. The trash talk was what made the thread interesting lol.

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
Lol apparently. I think it's funny that the 1st or 2nd name on most of the chars almost never post in here or don't post in here about themselves and only post to support others.
Wow Strong Bad is talking about me, now I feel honored :D
Machiavelli too strong at Ivy, that about sums up my first post on smashboards in like 3 years

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Gallo plays Mario. Why is he over me on Pit?

What has VanZ done recently with ZSS? I've beaten several notable players in my region with ZSS in tournament, including GamerGuitarist7, SS, and Tee Ay Aye, all ranked above me on our Melee/PM PRs, all recent wins. I should be in contention for 2nd or 3rd best ZSS.

(I'm Mizuki post name-change, to avoid any confusion.)

If you absolutwely need vids, I have a metric ****ton.

ZSS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I20nWLLsRw Vs GG7, notable Falcon player in Melee/PM
Vs Tai was lost because my GPU overheated during the stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HERLnSbZqNw vs Burnsey, a loss, but last hit last game. Still a notable name and a good performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5S1_kL-Vtk vs Neon. Silliness ensued near the end, but I had the lead for most of the set.
Vs SS (one of the better olimar mains, ranked above me on the PR, several notable tournament victories under his belt) wasn't recorded. I used ZSS,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYJkczzT7Y vs Silly Kyle, one of the best peach mains in north america. Contention for top 3 ez.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrgQ6zF79Ag vs a solid local falco main. Probably ZSS's worst match up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx1jpwZtA6U Pit/ZSS vs a solid local marth main.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Gallo plays Mario. Why is he over me on Pit?
Mostly because I haven't heard of you for forever, and I couldn't find vids of you playing Pit before.

As for VaNz, he placed well at a tournament using ZSS. Not sure if he still uses ZSS, but Strong Bad probably knows more about it that I do.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Mostly because I haven't heard of you for forever, and I couldn't find vids of you playing Pit before.

As for VaNz, he placed well at a tournament using ZSS. Not sure if he still uses ZSS, but Strong Bad probably knows more about it that I do.
He hasn't been active in a long time in PM from what I can tell. I routinely place well in one of the better regions nationally (seriously, AZ is stacked. People need to quit sleeping on us.). Oro himself has also expressed that he thinks I'm better than VanZ, sorry to namedrop, but it also seems relevant to the cause.

I've only gone "MIA" because my city isn't very active. Nearest smasher until recent was an hour away on public transit, but I still attend tournaments and place well. I've still been streaming regularly.

I've been looking at Gallo's record and all of his placements since like 2.5 and on have been Mario. I'm sorry if I miss some local or another, but from my knowledge he's been Mario far longer now than he has been pit. (also to be fair I still thought my pit was better than his in 2.0/2.1 LOL)

I'll see about getting some placings with Pit soon, to solidify my place. Otherwise, I think ZSS is at least solidly in contention. ;)

Also it's Vixen, now. Mizuki was a tag a friend gave me, was kinda temporary, until I came up with something of my own, and Vixen's been the name I've been using since a bit before Apex.

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
ive won like 4 doubles tournaments going zard and taken out top players in my region with him. when your friend gets some more real accomplishments without lag holding his hand, then maybe he can have my spot

also I have a combo video and he doesn't. I shouldn't have to explain why that makes me better
Shoutouts to Thugnificent Zard.

Lethal Interjection | Eff Grandad | Stomp Em In The Nutz | EMP | Oracle

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Why would you even want to be in EMP? That's like the worst thing you could be a part of.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Can we get a top players list going as well? Like top 10 players in the world? I know it will be really difficult to put together but it would also be cool.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I thought it was a dumb idea to post here but Wizzrobe told me to, who have those guys beaten that are significant
I don't know too much about K9, but I know that he's the top MK in AZ and Infinity has beaten every top player in Texas, which has some pretty big names, except for Sethlon.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
I don't know man I feel it is who ever has more exposure I've beaten a lot of great people too, Jreed, Hax, Xzax, Vanz, Taken games off Mewtwoking. I didn't really care about the ranking in the first place but I just think it's more of a popularity contest than skill. I think I can beat K9 and Infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom