• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I think I deserve a top DDD spot. I'm 3-0 with Bladewise, just took 2 sets of Silent Wolf and have also beaten Yakal who beat Ripple.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lol, yakal beat me at my first PM tournament.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Thank you <3. I may get comments like this fairly often but it's always appreciated.
And this, my friends, is why I hear from people that Strong Bad is pretty conceited and gets really salty when he loses.

Ill admit that he is the best Wario (though thats not saying much since I have literally not seen a single other Wario player other than him)

Prince Longstrok

W-what =( If you're joking your tone isn't getting through in text form
I wasnt joking. Ive been told by people in chat, as well as friends who I play with that have played you in tournies what you read in my last post.

I mainly believed them after seeing you on stream at...what was it.. Shuffle V? Cleveland, correct?

Figured it couldnt have been coincidence. Whether or not you take those to heart is up to you, but, While you do display proficiency with your characters (I quite enjoy watching your DK at work), the person behind the controller could use work.

No one likes a sore loser!

Prince Longstrok

Who cares, people rage all the time in competitions. I just worry about myself.
Thats not a good thing, though! People should strive to keep their cool. Losing sucks, I know. I get really annoyed when I lose to my friend (even though hes purely because he outplays me), butttt you gotta keep that inside.

When I get to my first tourny (was gonna be SWEET but I was at cedar point yesterday :c, so it will be Big House 4 :3) I KNOW I wont make it out of pools, but Im not going to get mad. Im going to laugh it off and thank the other player for the fun match, then ask them on points that I can improve.

You learn more from losing than from winning, some say :o

Oh, and just to get this out there, Strongbad, dont take this as me saying im better than you, neither in Smash nor as a person (Hell i know id get 2 stocked if I played you xD). I just felt I should say something because its unfortunate to see a talented player act as such. nothing personal!

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I wasnt joking. Ive been told by people in chat, as well as friends who I play with that have played you in tournies what you read in my last post.

I mainly believed them after seeing you on stream at...what was it.. Shuffle V? Cleveland, correct?

Figured it couldnt have been coincidence. Whether or not you take those to heart is up to you, but, While you do display proficiency with your characters (I quite enjoy watching your DK at work), the person behind the controller could use work.

No one likes a sore loser!
If you're not upset about losing you're not serious enough about the game. It's that salt and disappointment that fuels people to work harder and improve.

Prince Longstrok

If you're not upset about losing you're not serious enough about the game. It's that salt and disappointment that fuels people to work harder and improve.
Oh, I AM salty and disappointed, but I keep that inside. It still drives me to spend hours painstakingly practice not KILLING MYSELF BY BOTCHING A WAVEDASH OFF THE EDGE Dx (still annoyed by how often I do that :c)

But, my point is, you want to keep that inside, not let it out for everyone to see. No one wants to hang around people who constantly get salty and pissy.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Some vids that are a few months old.

vs BladeWise

vs SilentWolf
vs Gimpyfish
vs Vish
Vids haven't been uploaded to youtube yet but you can see some of my matches from yesterday.

http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming/b/536454230

4:05:20 WSF vs Bladewise
5:37:33 LF vs Chevy
5:53:30 GF vs Silent Wolf (Went Mewtwo in WF.. bad idea)
So those videos will be uploaded to youtube? That's great, makes my job a lot easier.

Oh, I AM salty and disappointed, but I keep that inside. It still drives me to spend hours painstakingly practice not KILLING MYSELF BY BOTCHING A WAVEDASH OFF THE EDGE Dx (still annoyed by how often I do that :c)

But, my point is, you want to keep that inside, not let it out for everyone to see. No one wants to hang around people who constantly get salty and pissy.
This is different from the arguing about the different positions on the list.

In that this complaint literally has NOTHING to do with this thread. If you want to call out Strong Bad, do it in the social thread or something. No hate, just not the place to do it.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord

That's wrong though. Salt is fun, and a good part of fighting games. It's the fuel, the hunger, the show of will. It is different from being an asshole, or being whiny and straight angry without reason, but it's not a bad thing, and it is necessary.

I think it's worse when you see a player lose, or get blown up and just smile/ laugh. Don't laugh, get mad. Grimace, or swear. It's better and commentators/ viewers in the high levels of the FGC really appreciate that ****. You hear commentators for street fighter talk about it all the time. Don't get placated, get even.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's much different than actual Salt. People talk about Salt, and enjoy it, because FGC and especially the Smash community are drama whores. When it comes to moments, what do people remember the most:

1. The guy who threw his controller against the wall, nearly broke it, asked for a salty rematch MM, lost that, and left the venue

or

2. The guy who lost, didn't take it too hard, went back to the lab and achieved a win vs the same person 2 months later

Salt is not necessary to drive personal ambitions. In fact, salt usually means you're not blaming your own abilities and performance, but getting angry for and towards losing to that particular person, character, strategy, etc. That will get in your way of improving, if getting salty is your reaction instead of taking more personal responsibility for how well you play.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Rivalry is a good part of competition. Anger and want and the thirst for that salty runback are a big thing. I don't agree with throwing your controller and freaking out, but I don't think that's salt. That's an all out meltdown. Salt is the want, and I think there's really something to it. Having johns is crap. If you lost the match it's on you. But precluding johns, salt can really drive people to exceed their peers. I know I've trained harder at P:M just at the thought of wrecking someone who was talking big.

Prince Longstrok

Well, when put that way, me punching the guy in the face who just beat me will probably be remember more than If I just laughed and smiled. :p

But, I spose I can see your point. Ive never even been to a tourny so I guess I dont have much say compared to someone who frequents them.

Oh, and apologies for starting an off topic conversation, should someone want to start a different thread for this feel free to tag me and let me know, ill be happy to continue with the conversation :3

D

Deleted member

I just got 1st at a TX monthly, I double eliminated denti and my only dropped game was vs dakpo (who I 3-1'd.) Got some sick stuff, I'll add the videos onto here when they get posted tonight. (from tourneylocator)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Son of Kratos, I don't know who you've heard what from, but there was approximately one time I've ever displayed a significant amount of negative emotion following a set in well over a year. In that case, there were 500 other things going on that weekend (which I will not get into in public, because I don't feel like calling out my friends) that were stressing me out to no end, and what happened had very little to do with the game.

I have trolls following me around on Smashboards/Twitch chats/Twitter mostly because I'm famous (you know you're famous when you have dedicated haters...) not because there's any solid foundation. Don't believe everything you hear, there's a lot of nonsense. I don't even understand how thanking someone for their compliments when I'm not obligated to got you started on calling me conceited/salty. It makes no sense and was extremely random. I offer my hand to my opponent for a hand shake after a set every time, win or lose, and in fact the last time I lost to someone in tournament I gave him a hug. Idk where you get your info from, dude.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Son of Kratos, I don't know who you've heard what from, but there was approximately one time I've ever displayed a significant amount of negative emotion following a set in well over a year. In that case, there were 500 other things going on that weekend (which I will not get into in public, because I don't feel like calling out my friends) that were stressing me out to no end, and what happened had very little to do with the game.

I have trolls following me around on Smashboards/Twitch chats/Twitter mostly because I'm famous (you know you're famous when you have dedicated haters...) not because there's any solid foundation. Don't believe everything you hear, there's a lot of nonsense. I don't even understand how thanking someone for their compliments when I'm not obligated to got you started on calling me conceited/salty. It makes no sense and was extremely random. I offer my hand to my opponent for a hand shake after a set every time, win or lose, and in fact the last time I lost to someone in tournament I gave him a hug. Idk where you get your info from, dude.
I think it probably started since Big House 3.

Smuggies800

Smash Rookie
And this, my friends, is why I hear from people that Strong Bad is pretty conceited and gets really salty when he loses.

Ill admit that he is the best Wario (though thats not saying much since I have literally not seen a single other Wario player other than him)
That Blind Side Callout. RIP in Pepperoni SB.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
We support you @ Strong Badam Strong Badam , you know the community (even if sometimes not obvious) prefers one of the makers of the game over random trolls/haters because you do sth. for the game.
About your handling of losses, you give handshake and don't go rage and that should be enough honestly. Some people probably refer to you looking very disappointed after losses. It is OK because it means you care and everyone has his/her way to handle losses and for some it might be easier to keep it inside than for others. People are overhyping this topic.

Nguz95

Smash Lord

Although I agree with you, it seems to me there's little reason to answer a guy who calls himself a "professional fapper."

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Pretty much this. Other than Strawhat, I can't think of many Falcon mains in the Project M scene that consistently place well with mainly Falcon to be recognized for much. If you do know of some, tell me. I want them to get recognition. The biggest thing I did was getting 65th at Apex in P:M, tying with players that most people would consider top players in the scene (though there were complaints of Apex's seeding, if that means anything) and I know of no other P:M Falcons who were there that did any better. But my problem is that I don't go to as many events as I would like and as time passes, if other Falcon players who play and compete in this game regularly show more current and better results, I don't mind not being on this list.

If you're trying to compare me to Melee Falcons (not saying you are, but if you were), then of course I'm not even comparable seeing as I don't play that game as much (but would really like to, though). But again, that's Melee and many of those great Melee Falcons either don't play P:M at all, lose MUs they don't know and/or want to take the time to learn, or just don't like P:M Falcon or P:M in general and just go back to Melee. Hax seems to be on and off in this game and has been sometimes seen using Fox in P:M instead of Falcon. I had heard a while ago that he'd participate in P:M at SKTAR 3. He was at SKTAR but nowhere to be seen in the P:M bracket for reasons unknown to me.

Edit:

<3
We have Roman at Smashing Grounds...he's pretty damn good and worth paying attention to.

Also, I'm throwing Sora's name in for consideration of top 3 PM focused Marths.. He gets top 3 at Smashing Grounds any week he comes and gets 1st any time Wolf or KDJ aren't here. He's probably our 3rd best player and understands Marth at a shockingly strong level. At Dark Poob Rising (62 entrants), he took 2nd place to Wolf.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
In socal we wrapped up our second tourney of the weekend last night. It was a 95 man local with 5 different regions represented. Alot of upsets, close sets, and big names clashing.
PM SSS
1st Lucky (yes the melee one. Used all fox)
2nd Larry (played fox and falco)
3rd CT_Zero
4th AEGIS | Jonny Westside

Lucky 3-2d larry in winners semis and 3-1 zero in winners finals.
Larry 3-0d Zero in losers finals, reset the bracket on lucky then lost the second set of grands. Heres the bracket http://challonge.com/awarriorsweekend
A lot was streamed except Zeros matches. And Dsf wasnt at SSS but we did get some sets of him recorded at Mayhem on saturday. He played Fox and Metaknight. Those matches will be posted in a week or two.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Well SB there was this time that you accidentally walked off a Battlefield platform on last stock and threw the set, instead of Fthrowing, at a Wavedash Wednesday. That handshake you gave afterwards was pretty stiff.

But the very fact that I know about that obscure set just proves that you're famous, not salty :p Besides you chill with Metroid and Hylian, you have to be a cool dude.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
In socal we wrapped up our second tourney of the weekend last night. It was a 95 man local with 5 different regions represented. Alot of upsets, close sets, and big names clashing.
PM SSS
1st Lucky (yes the melee one. Used all fox)
2nd Larry (played fox and falco)
3rd CT_Zero
4th AEGIS | Jonny Westside

Lucky 3-2d larry in winners semis and 3-1 zero in winners finals.
Larry 3-0d Zero in losers finals, reset the bracket on lucky then lost the second set of grands. Heres the bracket http://challonge.com/awarriorsweekend
A lot was streamed except Zeros matches. And Dsf wasnt at SSS but we did get some sets of him recorded at Mayhem on saturday. He played Fox and Metaknight. Those matches will be posted in a week or two.
Excellent! Since Fox won a major tournament, even over Zero, now everyone will be asking to nerf him, yes?

*crickets chirp*

Thought so.

ShadowShlong

Smash Cadet
What does any of this "Oh Strong Bad is a salt shaker" debate nonsense have to do with the thread at all? Like Kratos guy if you wanna tell SB he's a jerk or something how is this the place to do it?

On a related note, who even is Mr. Branondorf? There aren't any vids of his ganon and i'm surprised he would be a higher ranked ganon than junebug. Right now i think Junebug's ganon could be the best.

June vs. Sethlon @ S@X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44RGWcBiSbI

Cassio

Smash Master
Branondorf is high because he does well in a region that can defend itself. Posting a match of him losing isnt too compelling, Vex and Branondorf seem solidly better.

Its hard to say between anther and axe. Axe sometimes seems more solid but Anthers definitely earned it more with his recent placing and being the best PMer in the Midwest so Id say hes earned first.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anther is most definitely not the best PMer in the MW. Very strong but not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom