• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Glad to finally see Chu for ICs.

Also, just curious, is there more footage of Vanguard's and Boot.elf's Samus besides the Xanadu ditto?

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do you even back airs?
That works against pretty much every character not just Falcon :p lol. Falcon is one of the ones that can reach Ivy in an eyeblink and just outright kill her at low %'s so her recovery game isn't as effective and her avoiding combos in most match-ups because of her weight doesn't apply at all against Falcon.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
He can up air ivy for days. I found that out playing Lucky's pm falcon. Both characters punish each other very hard.... Ivy gets easy gimps, falcon gets easy percent kills. Weird matchup forsure.

D

Deleted member

Thats... kind of every matchup for falcon.
Falcon: I kill you at 90% cause of knee stuff
Other Char: You're offstage? LOOLLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
So I don't want brag too much, but I think I should at least get an honorable mention when it comes to wario. I've consistently placed high in each tournament I've been too, usually top 4 with few exceptions. I've also faced some notable players and performed pretty well, such as joot, nite, pp&j, flow, iori, sethlon, soft/merc in doubles, and I've played metriod in some friendlies, winning a good half of them. And when I say I did well, I beat over half of them, and the ones I lost too, I at least took a game off them, in nite's case 2. Here is the most recent video of me http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/b/498394851, skip to 04:00 and 05:12 to see my stuff. Hopefully more of my stuff will get uploaded.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Glad to finally see Chu for ICs.

Also, just curious, is there more footage of Vanguard's and Boot.elf's Samus besides the Xanadu ditto?
No. I'm sure their better Samus' out there, but those were the only two I could find in videos. I haven't heard about any other Samus' in any notable tournies or any that have beaten any notable players. The only notable one is ESAM who did (I think) decent at Apex. But even then, that's his only result. Considering the hype behind her, I'm surprised no one really uses her.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
No. I'm sure their better Samus' out there, but those were the only two I could find in videos. I haven't heard about any other Samus' in any notable tournies or any that have beaten any notable players. The only notable one is ESAM who did (I think) decent at Apex. But even then, that's his only result. Considering the hype behind her, I'm surprised no one really uses her.
I myself am pretty surprised, with all the tools she has and what not. Vanguard and Boot.elf did show some prowess with Samus, I'm not trying to shoot them down (they were going a bit SWD-happy over there, lol). And Esam did great at Apex, I wish there was more vids of that man playing. Has he gone to other notable tourneys as of late?

I have a feeling that there will soon be a massive wave of Samus mains who will start to show up everywhere. It seems people are taking much more time to figure her quirks out than any other character.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So I don't want brag too much, but I think I should at least get an honorable mention when it comes to wario. I've consistently placed high in each tournament I've been too, usually top 4 with few exceptions. I've also faced some notable players and performed pretty well, such as joot, nite, pp&j, flow, iori, sethlon, soft/merc in doubles, and I've played metriod in some friendlies, winning a good half of them. And when I say I did well, I beat over half of them, and the ones I lost too, I at least took a game off them, in nite's case 2. Here is the most recent video of me http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/b/498394851, skip to 04:00 and 05:12 to see my stuff. Hopefully more of my stuff will get uploaded.
You don't even like pickles, you dummy head!

Oh and I don't know if pp&j would be a "noteable" player

Last edited:

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I'm going to say no to Boot.elf. He's not that good. I watched him a ton at TFP6 because he played a bunch of matches with @Froz0ne (who I carpooled with), and he was not impressive at all. Plup, who's a much better Samus, has some PM footage if you're interested.
Edit: here's Plup
On the subject of falcon- good god strawhat is insane. How the man goes to like one tournament every two months and still manages to take 4th and beat denti's IVYSAUR is beyond me. Def the best falcon
I thought Strawhat quit PM. He's the man.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Hey, I'm actually active again, Wondering if I might be added to this once I get more footage?
It's more than just footage. Since most of the lists are full now, you'll actually have to post some results. I can put some of your videos in the OP, but I can't guarantee your placement in the Top 3.

Btw, if anyone's curious, here are the open spots for the characters on this list in case anyone wants to take them:
Donkey Kong: One spot available (Strong Bad, Eli)
Ice Climbers: One spot available (Hylian, Chu Dat)
Jigglypuff: Two spots available (Hungrybox)
Kirby: One spot available (Chu Dat, Glick)
Luigi: One spot available (Vist, Eli)
Olimar: One spot available (SS, Hungrybox)
Roy: One spot available (Sethlon, Mew2King)
Yoshi: One spot available (V3ctorman, aMSa)

Last edited:

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Haven't looked at this in a while because this place seems toxic. I really don't think you ought to put me on the best Samus list based on that performance. No offense to Boot.elf but I'm pretty sure he's super scrubby. I played a crack-headed 0-Effort Samus just to gauge him and hopefully to help him improve.

While I do think on a good day I do have one of the better Samus', (my exclusive smash main for 15 years), I don't think I would deserve it if ESAM, Plup, Hugs, Wes, and maybe a few others start to show up and step up more.

No offense to Neon, but I think the 3rd spot is debatable on Lucario. There's half a dozen players who are all at that level with Lucario. Vwins may be way better, gotta see if polybash vids yet up. Neon, Smash God, Fuzzyness (If he would ever play again), and I'm forgetting now.

Also I think Pink Fresh over Calabrel @ Lucas. No offense to Calabrel, again. Pink Fresh has gotten really good really quickly with Lucas.

EDIT: And I'm inclined to say Jreed on Wario, just for how well he did at Apex. As far as I'm aware, he hadn't shown up to much of anything before that and kicked ass. Probably means he gets very little solid MU experience, and to perform like that? Pretty impressive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Theres nearly no good roys that main the character and stick to him like sethlon
Someone, rise to the challenge

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Haven't looked at this in a while because this place seems toxic. I really don't think you ought to put me on the best Samus list based on that performance. No offense to Boot.elf but I'm pretty sure he's super scrubby. I played a crack-headed 0-Effort Samus just to gauge him and hopefully to help him improve.

While I do think on a good day I do have one of the better Samus', (my exclusive smash main for 15 years), I don't think I would deserve it if ESAM, Plup, Hugs, Wes, and maybe a few others start to show up and step up more.
That's fair. I've only put you two up there because I literally could not find any other Samus out there, not that I thought that you two were the best examples of Samus.

And it isn't that toxic. I mean once in a while you get the expected trash talk, but the people here have mostly been cool about it. Like people have given people their places when they feel they don't deserve them anymore (ex. SinisterB, Rizner). There are plenty of people that are approaching this maturely.

No offense to Neon, but I think the 3rd spot is debatable on Lucario. There's half a dozen players who are all at that level with Lucario. Vwins may be way better, gotta see if polybash vids yet up. Neon, Smash God, Fuzzyness (If he would ever play again), and I'm forgetting now.
Neon is the only so far to claim a spot, and there haven't been many other notable Lucario players that place high since the premier of 3.0 (except maybe Smash God, I'll have to look more into that).

Also I think Pink Fresh over Calabrel @ Lucas. No offense to Calabrel, again. Pink Fresh has gotten really good really quickly with Lucas.
That makes sense, I have seen Pink Fresh getting more tourney results than Calabrel. If anyone else wants to confirm this, feel free. If Calabrel has any recent tourney placings/beat anyone notable, please post here.

EDIT: And I'm inclined to say Jreed on Wario, just for how well he did at Apex. As far as I'm aware, he hadn't shown up to much of anything before that and kicked ***. Probably means he gets very little solid MU experience, and to perform like that? Pretty impressive.
Yeah actually that's a change I'm willing to make. He did really well at Apex, and I haven't seen much from Ace.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
I should definitely be on that 3rd olimar spot I beat elis ganon with olimar one time at 3am

Oracle

Smash Master
i literally beat eli, blink, strong bad, and denti consecutively with olimar. they all played ganon

but for real though do you really think anyone else is gonna claim that spot?its olimar ffs

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but did you have a mouth full of Double Stuf Oreos?

It doesn't count if it's anything else.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Those oreos better be special to, we don't take no slackers around these parts.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
....lol how do you know that? Have we met before?
We've meet. I spent the weekend at KO's place for KiT a while back. I was the brown guy who wasn't kman or ignori.

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
And it isn't that toxic. I mean once in a while you get the expected trash talk, but the people here have mostly been cool about it. Like people have given people their places when they feel they don't deserve them anymore (ex. SinisterB, Rizner). There are plenty of people that are approaching this

Yeah actually that's a change I'm willing to make. He did really well at Apex, and I haven't seen much from Ace.
Speaking of, I want that spot back, lol.
I did poorly at apex, but since then have gotten I think 17th at shuffle (pool loss to zero, bracket loss to m2k and solharath) and 5th at djt first date last weekend (60 something entrants, results not yet posted). On top of that, it's my understanding that ryoko doesn't really play (at least at tournaments) anymore and idk if he has since 3.0 came out.

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
You should start considering KDJ for Zelda, hes starting to look very dominant. He may not be able to make the list now, but i think its only a matter of time before he does
He deserves to be every bit on that list. He's better than Salem, and the rest. IMO the only one he is worse than is maaaaybe Zhime.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Speaking of, I want that spot back, lol.
I did poorly at apex, but since then have gotten I think 17th at shuffle (pool loss to zero, bracket loss to m2k and soulharath or a name like that I'm bad at names but the sonic guy) and 5th at djt first date last weekend (60 something entrants, results not yet posted). On top of that, it's my understanding that ryoko doesn't really play (at least at tournaments) anymore and idk if he has since 3.0 came out.
I am the Sonic guy.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
why is mew2king still under roy
I was with m2k yesterday and the day before and as someone who uses Roy a lot, I wanted to know his opinion on Sethlon. So I was like "hey what do you think of Sethlon's Roy?" I don't remember the exact response but it was something along the lines of "I'd be better."

Edit: Also, after going to Polybash, VWins should definitely be considered a top contender for Ike. Whereas Ally struggles a ton with the spacie match up (especially Falco), VWins makes it look easy. I hope he gets more footage up soon.

Last edited:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I was with m2k yesterday and the day before and as someone who uses Roy a lot, I wanted to know his opinion on Sethlon. So I was like "hey what do you think of Sethlon's Roy?" I don't remember the exact response but it was something along the lines of "I'd be better."

Edit: Also, after going to Polybash, VWins should definitely be considered a top contender for Ike. Whereas Ally struggles a ton with the spacie match up (especially Falco), VWins makes it look easy. I hope he gets more footage up soon.
Me talking to m2k at apex:
M2k: *basement dweller voice* "I won my pools with Mewtwo, I 3 and 4 stocked the second place player, he used spacies"
Me: Dude why are you so arrogant
M2k: *basement dweller voice* "I'm just telling you what happened"

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
While 'commentating' Loser's Semis at Polybash, M2K spent most of his time yelling out what Holy should be doing, and how he'd be a better MK if only he didn't have to play MK in Brawl.

I'm starting to see a trend here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom