• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
I just get annoyed when ppl with no idea what theyre talking about try to tell me whats up. Also, I have plenty to show for all of my trash talk, whereas nausicca has zero results, no standing, and 90% of his posts are just him calling good players bad, but putting a bunch of faux-philosophical garbage in the post to make himself seem smart.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Your calling Nausicca condescending? I hate to break it to you buddy, but your one of the most arrogant people here
You forgot a . and Your =/= You're, hate to break it to you buddy.
:p

If you can point out either trash talk I've made towards others, or any point I make that I clearly have no idea about, please let me know. I'd love for someone to 'break it' to me, about anything ever and always, as I wouldn't want to be the cause of spreading harm through my ignorance.

If you're getting annoyed at my points, and they're not accurate, it would be helpful for me to know better. If you're getting annoyed by them by interpreting them as terrible and mean, like I'm calling you or anyone else 'bad' or something, let me know so I can hopefully change the wording in some way to be less prone to misinterpretation as 'offensive' (though I'm pretty careful with that, I don't even think I use words like 'bad' about almost anything unless it's a point of context lol).

If you're getting annoyed at my points, and they're accurate, and have nothing directly insulting about them, then it's pretty much perfect context for you to learn from since it's so observable. In which case, it's probably worth being grateful that someone made the given point, instead of being annoyed by it.
Otherwise, being accurate about your points and purposely avoiding aggressive dialogue are pretty much formality of forums, unless you're BAD at written communication. Maybe there's much we can all learn, us all included? ;)

In other news...

All Characters - Me
Turht 4 raezl

Edit: I should be clear, and add, that my posting is pretty ridiculous with vocabulary and concepts about everything from mental developments to attention to details, and I still have a lot to work on regarding forum-writing in more 'universal' and 'simple' ways, especially when talking about those more 'universal' and 'complex' topics that I generally gravitate conversations too.
This much is true, and it can easily be interpreted as offensive by people who it either hits home with deeply, or don't see the game as anything significant that can be translated and brought to other aspects of life.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Im just gonna make belts for all the characters and we'll have exhibition matches to see whos the best at ltc2. Except secretly me and eli will each take half of them each
Do you have an estimate for LTC2? I should be able to travel more now that I have a source of income :).

D

Deleted member

i'm with oracle on this one.

acknowledging your skill when you have it is not arrogance.

if you don't like "tone" or "disrespect" from someone who's trying to be real with you then get off the internet, you clearly aren't cut out for the uninhibited exchange of ideas.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
You forgot a . and Your =/= You're, hate to break it to you buddy.
:p

If you can point out either trash talk I've made towards others, or any point I make that I clearly have no idea about, please let me know. I'd love for someone to 'break it' to me, about anything ever and always, as I wouldn't want to be the cause of spreading harm through my ignorance.

If you're getting annoyed at my points, and they're not accurate, it would be helpful for me to know better. If you're getting annoyed by them by interpreting them as terrible and mean, like I'm calling you or anyone else 'bad' or something, let me know so I can hopefully change the wording in some way to be less prone to misinterpretation as 'offensive' (though I'm pretty careful with that, I don't even think I use words like 'bad' about almost anything unless it's a point of context lol).

If you're getting annoyed at my points, and they're accurate, and have nothing directly insulting about them, then it's pretty much perfect context for you to learn from since it's so observable. In which case, it's probably worth being grateful that someone made the given point, instead of being annoyed by it.
Otherwise, being accurate about your points and purposely avoiding aggressive dialogue are pretty much formality of forums, unless you're BAD at written communication. Maybe there's much we can all learn, us all included? ;)

In other news...

All Characters - Me
Turht 4 raezl

Edit: I should be clear, and add, that my posting is pretty ridiculous with vocabulary and concepts about everything from mental developments to attention to details, and I still have a lot to work on regarding forum-writing in more 'universal' and 'simple' ways, especially when talking about those more 'universal' and 'complex' topics that I generally gravitate conversations too.
This much is true, and it can easily be interpreted as offensive by people who it either hits home with deeply, or don't see the game as anything significant that can be translated and brought to other aspects of life.
That comment wasn't directed at you wise guy that comment was directed at Oracle. I can't believe you wrote all that stuff bro.

As for the pointing out that I used "Your" instead of "You're"

Good call :)

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Come to think of it, are there any recent results with Leelue's ganon?
Leelue placed 33rd at apex using Ganon and Sonic, better than Kage's 49th. Eli and Leelue are both better than Kage w PM Ganon. Idk about Arty since I've never been to any tournaments w him.
Here's a recent video I have of Leelue's Ganon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-zvMf1AA4

In general, NY is really bad at posting tournament results and videos, so people don't know much about the scene. I think your list would have Eli on every character if there were actually NY tourney videos around.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
SoCal here.
Thanks for recognizing some of our players here. If you have any questions about us feel free to ask myself, okami or fly, tho i think i check back most often. All is sunny and such here, tho it doesnt matter much since we stay in the lab. Anyways.... You will see even better results and more impressive player growth and meta as we launch several projects out here. We are young but growing fast and have SoCal melees backing so you know we wont disappoint. Until then, keep an eye on our streams since thats where we do our talking ;)

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Why does everyone always interpret everything like trivial concepts as arrogance and trash talk or whatever?
Why would you ever be annoyed, offended, etc, by anything, let alone something true, let alone something discussed on the world-communication center internet forums for a game?

Be happy! Enjoy each other! Help each other out!

BECAUSE!!!

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
WHEN WE'RE LIVING THE DREEEEAAAAAM

If you're not on the awesome side, get on it, it's pretty awesome. ;)

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Edit: This was supposed to be an Edit, but I guess I posted again.
Cool.

Just realized some of the posts around here were directed at me.
That comment wasn't directed at you wise guy that comment was directed at Oracle. I can't believe you wrote all that stuff bro.
I'm pretty sure this is a continuation of the jokes, but mine were more applicable to him as well.

trash talk, whereas nausicca
I just get annoyed when ppl with no idea what theyre talking about try to tell me whats up.
I'm pretty sure my post before this basically covered it all, but where are you even getting this from? I'm actually curious, as this makes no sense to me.
Second part, see here.
i'm with oracle on this one.

acknowledging your skill when you have it is not arrogance.

if you don't like "tone" or "disrespect" from someone who's trying to be real with you then get off the internet, you clearly aren't cut out for the uninhibited exchange of ideas.
Blanket statements of truth are good. If you're upset with the 'tone' of find something 'disrespectful' then take notes.
That's a blanket statement, take it how you will, again, 'no disrespect' or whatever that means. Stuff is good, be happy we're all on the same team! XD

In other news (my fave footnote)...
If you haven't heard of Lord of the Rings, check it out. If you have, then read up on Tom Bombadil. If you have, any topic relating to me as a person should all make sense then.
I'm an anonymous roaming plague of condescending douche-bagging, enjoy while I'm still here, for it won't be much longer. ;)
I'll be having some fun too.

BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS AWESOMMMME!!!

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Leelue placed 33rd at apex using Ganon and Sonic, better than Kage's 49th. Eli and Leelue are both better than Kage w PM Ganon. Idk about Arty since I've never been to any tournaments w him.
Here's a recent video I have of Leelue's Ganon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-zvMf1AA4

In general, NY is really bad at posting tournament results and videos, so people don't know much about the scene. I think your list would have Eli on every character if there were actually NY tourney videos around.
I was able to consistently beat leelue's ganon in dittos, and although his ganon was good, I would say that if he solely used ganon, I doubt he wouldve placed that high. Ganon has a lot of bad matchups, and kage is at a serious disadvantage by only using him. Sonic is hands down leelues better character in my opinion. They were just friendly matches we played last weekend though, so maybe he wasnt giving his all.

D

Deleted member

I played Project M with Kevin "Dr. Peepee" Nanney last night. His Marth is slightly better than mine. Also he wouldn't let me upsmash him in the Marth ditto. Until he had a few shots in his system. The salt was real.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I was able to consistently beat leelue's ganon in dittos, and although his ganon was good, I would say that if he solely used ganon, I doubt he wouldve placed that high. Ganon has a lot of bad matchups, and kage is at a serious disadvantage by only using him. Sonic is hands down leelues better character in my opinion. They were just friendly matches we played last weekend though, so maybe he wasnt giving his all.
Should have MM him.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I mean, I was there and you weren't.
I respect you and all, but saying stuff like that requires an outside view for confirmation otherwise it seems really dubious.
I mean I (kind of) believe you, but PP's Marth is really good, but I've never seen your Marth before.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I think i should be on the list.

Ive never been to a tourny- but i have donuts with me c;

SoK on the list under the character "donuts" :D

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Why does everyone always interpret everything like trivial concepts as arrogance and trash talk or whatever?
Why would you ever be annoyed, offended, etc, by anything, let alone something true, let alone something discussed on the world-communication center internet forums for a game?

Be happy! Enjoy each other! Help each other out!

BECAUSE!!!

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
WHEN WE'RE LIVING THE DREEEEAAAAAM

If you're not on the awesome side, get on it, it's pretty awesome. ;)
I saw that movie 2 times xD effin love it

Paradoxium

Smash Master
You should start considering KDJ for Zelda, hes starting to look very dominant. He may not be able to make the list now, but i think its only a matter of time before he does

Nguz95

Smash Lord
We need an Aero vs Jolteon MM. I'd be excited to see it for sure, as both of you approach TL from a completely different perspective.

D

Deleted member

I'm looking for that Falcon spot, though.

Falcon is a steep hill to climb, this **** won't be easy. But one of these days, I'll be up there.

Oracle

Smash Master
On the subject of falcon- good god strawhat is insane. How the man goes to like one tournament every two months and still manages to take 4th and beat denti's IVYSAUR is beyond me. Def the best falcon

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On the subject of falcon- good god strawhat is insane. How the man goes to like one tournament every two months and still manages to take 4th and beat denti's IVYSAUR is beyond me. Def the best falcon
I've thought for a long time that Falcon is Ivys worst match-up so that doesn't surprise me that much.

D

Deleted member

Way back when, when I came to LTC, I played some friendlies with him, and his Falcon movement was so fluid. I've never seen a P:M Falcon pull of tech skill so consistently.

And he's really an overall cool guy. (From what I've seen.)

D

Deleted member

up throw/down throw KNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Does Vwins even play Ivy anymore? I didnt see any tonight just Ike. And he had a chance to do it against Holy but went Fox......

Last edited:

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Does Vwins even play Ivy anymore? I didnt see any tonight just Ike. And he had a chance to do it against Holy but went Fox......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom