• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Well he moved at the christmas break so The Salty Runback was the last major event he went to in Oklahoma. He should be back down to take names at After Shock tho ;)

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
JZ is originally from Michigan, but he started playing PM seriously when we met at the University of Oklahoma. He got good pretty quickly and became the best player in the region. For the last few months he won every PM event he entered, except one at the start of 3.5 and some with OoS players like Sethlon.

Anyway, he's graduated so he's back in Michigan now, where he continues to wreck people.

Last edited:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
The only ZSS that I like to watch is Oro. All the other ZSS players are either not that good, or Leffen who's such a good player that he wins despite not really being a ZSS player.

I watch my vids and I look kinda like a babby Oro, so that's usually OK.

Last edited:

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey! I'm (Jason Waterfalls) back on the ZSS thing. Lol, haven't been to many tourneys in the past few months because of work scheduling conflicts. And socal is pretty much a blackout zone as far as streaming is concerned. But I'm glad that a couple of videos were able to sneak up into the spotlight.

I'm going to be rolling out to Aftershock with the rest of socal on March 28th-29th. So hopefully we'll make a splash.

Also money matching any and all ZSS's showing up to Aftershock. (nudgenudge Shokio I've always wanted to play you nudge)

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Oh hey! I'm (Jason Waterfalls) back on the ZSS thing. Lol, haven't been to many tourneys in the past few months because of work scheduling conflicts. And socal is pretty much a blackout zone as far as streaming is concerned. But I'm glad that a couple of videos were able to sneak up into the spotlight.

I'm going to be rolling out to Aftershock with the rest of socal on March 28th-29th. So hopefully we'll make a splash.

Also money matching any and all ZSS's showing up to Aftershock. (nudgenudge Shokio I've always wanted to play you nudge)
Oh snap dude I've been wanting to play you. Aftershock MM let's go!

The only ZSS that I like to watch is Oro. All the other ZSS players are either not that good, or Leffen who's such a good player that he wins despite not really being a ZSS player.

I watch my vids and I look kinda like a babby Oro, so that's usually OK.
At first I was happy to see you back in the game........but then you insulted me -.- /PJSalt

Last edited:

Vixen

Premium
Oh snap dude I've been wanting to play you. Aftershock MM let's go!

At first I was happy to see you can in the game........but then you insulted me -.- /PJSalt
It's not so much as I insulted you so much as I have ridiculously high standards since I'm a long-time vet. <3

Vixen

Premium
Lol I know, it's all good. Would love for you tome come out to Aftershock or Low Tier City 3 this August so I could play you.
ZSS dittos are neat but I'm a copout and would probably just dump on you with Falcon or something. <3

If my job lets me I'll try to come out. x3

TreK

Is "that guy"
Ever been to a 15 man local and then the whole top10 from your country shows up ? Well this is Salty Arena Cup 14 in a nutshell.

It features videos from Leon's Snake and Marth, Charby's Marth, and Mahie's ZSS and Marth (the top 3 French players atm).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLacgftHBly8w9Qrf-cr54LtVEZcrIap-h

Quick player spotlight :
Smash Falco 3, despite having the single worst alias in the whole Smash community, is a very promising Ike player. He's only started playing PM a couple months ago, but Charby (his Sith lord) is coaching him into rapidly becoming one of the most threatening players in the French scene.
Last tourney, he took Leon to last game, last stock, and this Sunday he beat many players he wasn't expected to beat, such as Doraki (who's going by the name of Zefklop in PM) and myself. He was seeded for 7th place, but placed 4th. I'm currently ranked 4th in the country despite this loss, but I believe that he deserves my spot better than me at the moment.
(which is my way to say, YOU'RE GOING DOWN NEXT WEEK, KIDDO)

I was the only one to put Leon to last game, which I guess is noteworthy ? idk, you decide, the set is interesting until the last game at least...
http://www.youtu.be/L0MZIj_KGQ4

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Respect the falcon man. Looking good. Sometimes i feel falcon mains try so much harder in neutral on last stock then we do on our first few. Lel
It's the truth. My friend said something similar at the tourney after the Dakpo match: "You get to your last stock in these and start playing so much faster. Why can't you play that fast every stock?" I mean ****, that's me trying to kick it up more than a notch to keep up. If I could play that good the whole time, god damn right I would! The struggle to be good man

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I must be a secret falcon main because at least 4 different commentators have picked up on the fact that on my last stock lasts twice as long as my other ones and I usually can clutch out a victory

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Last stock is basically best stock. This is now confirmed

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
It's the truth. My friend said something similar at the tourney after the Dakpo match: "You get to your last stock in these and start playing so much faster. Why can't you play that fast every stock?" I mean ****, that's me trying to kick it up more than a notch to keep up. If I could play that good the whole time, god damn right I would! The struggle to be good man
Its a mental thing. You mentally go into overdrive on last stock. Just need to harness that mindset of i CANT lose this stock from the get go. :)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
^ This is why I feel I play a **** ton better in doubles, because I try to play support and my mentality is "****, I NEED to keep this stock so my really good hyper aggro Fox partner can have a 5th stock this game." Like playing to not get hit over playing to get that hit in.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
^ This is why I feel I play a **** ton better in doubles, because I try to play support and my mentality is "****, I NEED to keep this stock so my really good hyper aggro Fox partner can have a 5th stock this game." Like playing to not get hit over playing to get that hit in.
agreed softie. After playing support for years for RCizzle i really try to tap into that mentality even in singles. I know ive failed in teams when i have to take a stock and most likely we lost due to me not playing well enough.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
You never play your best until you have to carry hard and every little thing matters that much more.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
DLA vs Dart winners semis:

DLA vs KirkQ winners semis:

I'm back baby :D

Also won a match vs Kels that isn't uploaded yet.

Edit: also won sets vs Oro?!, Scythe, and Kappy offstream, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I was playing doubles once, and my teammate died while we both only had one stock, and I was left against a two stock marth and a one stock yoshi (some of squirtle's hardest matchups.)

I was literally a pixel away from winning the 2v1 and taking out the both of them with a waterfall before marth's bull**** sword slapped me and I died

Rip the dream

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dad beat Hamlin at BR. Squirtle confirmed Yoshi slayer??

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Dad beat Hamlin at BR. Squirtle confirmed Yoshi slayer??
No, @hamyojo is just a trash tier yoshi :troll:

That matchup is bad tho because of yoshi's dumbass grab + auto easy folowups, the fact that none of Squirtle's aerals even knock him out of DJ til 100-120% and yoshi being yoshi

D

Deleted member

Hamyojo actually says yoshi vs squirtle is ****ing dog **** for yoshi because yoshi gets hard core tech chased

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hamyojo actually says yoshi vs squirtle is ****ing dog **** for yoshi because yoshi gets hard core tech chased
I mean tha's why I said he was bad at yoshi

Cuz he obviously doesnt know what he's doing if he's getting bopped by a squirtel

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How does Bubblebeam interact with his armor?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
damn. shots. i mean... it helps that dad is the best squirtle...and knows the top level yoshi matchup in comparison to ham not really knowing what to do against a top tier squirtle

Top Bottom