• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Q&A and FAQ Thread <- VISIT THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Bouncy bombing? Tree bombing? Slop bombing? IDK lol

And MJG, I'll make it out! Well, maybe, I haven't played in literally one month...I played some CPUs yesterday. My MK seems to be the same as usually. My Tink came back after awhile.

I'm going to suck against real people lol. When you're measuring progress by comfort against CPUs, there's a problem :(

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.

And MJG, I'll make it out! Well, maybe, I haven't played in literally one month...I played some CPUs yesterday. My MK seems to be the same as usually. My Tink came back after awhile.

I'm going to suck against real people lol. When you're measuring progress by comfort against CPUs, there's a problem :(
idk i just dropped it after my lvl 18 thats right lvl 18 cpu hit me it bounced then landed on the ground and bounced again

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Well at least it will help you feel more confident.... sorta. lolololol

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Toon Links HALP!

This is going to sound insanely scrubby, but I'm having trouble short hop and full hop Nairing out of shield...

I used to just shield drop then jump, but I changed that awhile ago.

I'm a bit rusty, and I keep Zairing (because I'm still holding shield and hitting A)

Suggestions? I mean, if I concentrate I can Nair OoS everytime, but it just doesn't feel as casual as before...

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
i forgot if im hit holding the bomb and i drop it and it lands on the platform bounces then lands on the ground bounces again in place what is that.....
When you are forced to drop the bomb, it isn't 'active'. It acts as if you have Z-dropped the Bomb on the ground and it's just sitting there. For example, Z-drop a Bomb on a platform, then blow it off with Dair. You'll notice that the Bomb bounces on the ground/platform (depending on what it lands on) without exploding. This is most obvious if done from higher up. So no, it's not new.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
For the nair OoS thing, IDK it comes naturally I guess :/. At first, I had trouble but I have no idea how I do OoS everytime now. :S Yep, I dont even know what I do, I just do. Also, it isnt scrubby, even good players have trouble with some stuff.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
:)

And I'm getting it back kinda. I can SH nair OoS perfectly now...Full hop comes out as an empty jump or Zair occasionally. I wish Zair OoS was legit lol.

MJG

Smash Hero
For the nair OoS thing, IDK it comes naturally I guess :/. At first, I had trouble but I have no idea how I do OoS everytime now. :S Yep, I dont even know what I do, I just do. Also, it isnt scrubby, even good players have trouble with some stuff.
^^Pretty much this (S@nt likes to copy me LOL)

But ya, these things just come naturally. The only thing I had trouble with in 08 was JC throwing consistantly. I had several different controller schemes and I finally just decided to do X+A because my thumb just slides down from "X" to "A".

I use R to jump and C stick to throw. It's like glide tossing, but you just switch the shoulder button. It's waaaaaay easier.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I claw to jc throw. thumb on c stick, index on y. It's really easy to do it that way, though it's hard to learn to claw.

Question: If we go to land with the air dodge zair, and our opponent predicts and shields, is there more landing lag from just an airdodge, or more shield hitlag from the zair? I never know whether to just zair anyway or try to land without one, as far as frame data goes.

Another question regarding AD.

Let's say you were to land on the ground in the middle of an AD, and you want to go straight to shield. How many frames are you vulnerable for, in terms of landing lag and getting your shield up?

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I know we get a few frames of lag when hitting the shield though, + landing lag. It may be safer to take the extra landing lag from an airdodge than the shield hitlag w/normal landing lag. You'll land in the same spot either way, and your opponent will react the same either way most likely

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Not that I mind, but you know you can subscribe to threads with one of the "thread tools" options are the top of the page, right?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Zair autocancels...so it's like landing normally. Pretty sure airdodge works the same exact way, so there's no difference. But airdodging to the ground is great for speed, it'll let you buffer anything you want on the first frame that it's possible, which is why this is a good question:

Another question regarding AD.

Let's say you were to land on the ground in the middle of an AD, and you want to go straight to shield. How many frames are you vulnerable for, in terms of landing lag and getting your shield up?
But yeah, short hop bair fast fall airdodge to buffer anything is way too good...it's just hard because sometimes you can mess up and buffer a roll...

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
I'm having some trouble doing the iZAC. I set my R button to attack because I heard that makes it easier, but it still isn't working. I watched the video of hyro doing it, and it looks like the bomb still goes up a little bit when he z-drops it. When i try it, it just goes right down and blows up, i'd never have a chance to catch it.

Any comments would be appreciated

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm having some trouble doing the iZAC. I set my R button to attack because I heard that makes it easier, but it still isn't working. I watched the video of hyro doing it, and it looks like the bomb still goes up a little bit when he z-drops it. When i try it, it just goes right down and blows up, i'd never have a chance to catch it.

Any comments would be appreciated
Idk I just SH, press Z to drop it and then attack lol

The iZAC is incredibly difficult to pull off, since it has to be done so fast. Don't feel discouraged if you can't do it. I can't do it, and I doubt anyone else here can do it consistently. Just make sure that you let go of Z before you attack, and that you must do it almost immediately. What is important isn't how fast you do Jump to Z drop. It's how fast you do Z drop to Attack.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Good luck man. I mean, it's not impossible. I practiced it soooo much and got it to the point where I could pull it off about 1/2 the time in matches, but it was so much work that it made playing much less fun. No matter how much time I put into it, it never became second nature.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That's just that ZAC
IZAC is dropping the bomb while still rising and dropping and catching the bomb.
Should should be able to arrow cancel after the nair.

PLYR5

Smash Rookie
hello im new here. i was going to ask a question about Zair but i got my answer. now im wondering...is IZAC like keeping your bomb in the air while you use aerials? im sorry im not a very advanced player. not even sure how frames work just what they are.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
hello im new here. i was going to ask a question about Zair but i got my answer. now im wondering...is IZAC like keeping your bomb in the air while you use aerials? im sorry im not a very advanced player. not even sure how frames work just what they are.
Since the game does not allow you to perform A moves while you're holding a bomb, you need to drop it and quickly catch it WITH an aerial, which is generally what IZAC is.

Top Bottom