• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
@Ic0slay3r
Thank you for the critique, it's greatly appreciated. I'm still learning this character so I know I suck, thanks with watching the videos anyways.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
sigh n3xu5 u still have all your bad habits. Stop going for zair to grab all the time, its not guaranteed nor is the risk/reward worth it. Its not a mindgame when u always go for it. These vids aren't easy to critique since its jordon not knowing the mu and he doesn't know how to recover properly either. I mean u know how to edgeguard properly but he shouldn't be getting gimped that much. Most of the time ur just throwing out dsmashes at low % and upsmash at high % and it works...*shrug*. And half the time wen u get hit up u do dair hoping he will run into it. TL is not a char that you can just throw out moves with, if you try to do this against a top player they will watch u wiff ur attack and punish u everytime.

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
i was alwayz trying to get the grab because i needed the d-smash and it was worth it, and i play with mike and larry like every week i dont "throw out random moves" as it were. The d-air was me being stupid and i have no idea why i did that but meh yeah i should grab less.

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
watch ur second vid at 1:44. 3rd vid at 1:04 and just the end of the 3rd vid in general is you being desperate for that upsmash. forth vid at 1:07 u try to punish ftilt with running upsmash, jordon i think was gunna dash grab and read u staying in shield. dsmash is useful on fox but fox shouldnt get gimped that easily, u should not rely on gimmicks, and im too lazy to do time stamps on youtube vids

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
ibomb while landing to avoid Lucario's aura sphere imo

You're committing to your moves waaaay too much. For example, you shouldn't always be moving forward with Zair. Sometimes it's just safer to space it so that you only hit with the tip to get them away. I saw you jump over and past the Snake player many times with Zair, when it would've been safer to pull back as you Zair.

Also, don't let muscle memory take over too much. I saw you spam Utilt many times out of what looked like a habit even after you missed.

Tell Brazil Puerto Rico says what's up. :)

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
Gurrrr this match is embarrassing but w/e http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_oK1VLEV0
Lets start with, you roll dodge and you stay still way to much. Stop Dair so much, its extremely predictable, TL has better options in the air Bairs and Nairs, and I think I saw those attacks like 2 or 3 times in the whole match. Move while you are spamming, everytime you stayed grounded to shoot an arrow was predictable and boring as hell, learn to quickdraw.

PS. You could have evaded that PK Flash by just going for the ledge on that first stock.

Critiquing winning matches is hard.

You played very solidly, and it did you well. Keep it up. That's all I really have to say.

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
Lets start with, you roll dodge and you stay still way to much. Stop Dair so much, its extremely predictable, TL has better options in the air Bairs and Nairs, and I think I saw those attacks like 2 or 3 times in the whole match. Move while you are spamming, everytime you stayed grounded to shoot an arrow was predictable and boring as hell, learn to quickdraw.

PS. You could have evaded that PK Flash by just going for the ledge on that first stock.
Thanks for the tips, I'm trying to use more Bair and Nair now.

Did I do anything really good or not plain bad?

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
bad snake bad tl bad region

-shadow1pj-
thanks man i learned a lot from ur critique. (Sarcasm.jpg) dude, why did u post if u have nothing constructive to add? Instead of bashing me rated and my region, u could, u know say something...constructive.

:phone:

The Zedi Wonder

Smash Rookie
Some pretty good matches there Sheikant. If I had to comment on anything bad I'd say that you use Zair too recklessly when it would be better to use an arrow or the boomerang especially on the first stocks in the second match. Apart from that I think you also could have Ibombed a few times in the matches instead of either throwing bombs from a distance or rushing in to catch the bomb.

Other than that I find your game play great, sorry if this seems bad to you :s

NearZzz

Smash Lord
thanks man i learned a lot from ur critique. (Sarcasm.jpg) dude, why did u post if u have nothing constructive to add? Instead of bashing me rated and my region, u could, u know say something...constructive.

:phone:
i have to bash you.

I figure if i make fun of you it will start an argument ,which will get people in this thread, which will eventually lead to you being critiqued by people other than ensis.

MJG

Smash Hero
Sheikant is requesting a critique for his set against Rated.

Game 1 he went Marth
Game 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qv1VnottvM
Game 3 http://youtu.be/rTVYafqkwKA
Game 4 http://youtu.be/W9W1SubaBRo
GF 2: Rap3.. This match was pretty good. I would just watch the double jump bomb pull usage. He started to catch on towards the end.

GF 3: I am surprised he took you to FD. I would love for snake to take me to FD :). Remember Sant, you don't have to approach when you are losing. TL will have to enter snakes zone (or make a good read on snake when he is in the air) to get the kill anyways. So just remain safe. You are really smart about how you use your projectiles in this MU. You are also good at SDI'ing snake nair.

GF4: Against DDD, try not to jump in the air if he is in the air as well. It is better to run under him and to either sweep underneath him with bair (while staying close to the ground) or to just try to get back to the center of the stage. I know this is inevitable but try not to get on the ledge vs DDD. I ti s REALLY hard to get back on stage if DDD is edge guarding your properly.

I like your play style. You seem more aggressive than I remember.

RATED

Smash Lord
Something that saddens me: the fact that EVERYTIME I win it NEVER gets recorded. I wish yesterday vids were saved, right Twink?

Sant: you know that I <3

Let's practice 2 or 3 days a week after May 17 :) so that we can ****.

Ensis: I am good in that MU in FD. Is my "home turf" that's why I cp'd it. Twink knows me and have played against me a lot.

Twink has improved a lot since last time we played.

Q: Ensis

What stage would you take a Snake in a CP?(assuming you will stay Toon Link)

RATED

Smash Lord
Um...I would pick FD first, then PS1 (assuming we played on SV game 1).
Ok, thanks. I love PS1 <3. I don't really understand why a TL would pick it against snake, Snake is pretty good there the layout is great for him. I understand about FD though. :)

Top Bottom