• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

MJG

Smash Hero
Later (trying to study but failing obviously).

He says thanks, even though he hasn't read it yet. :bee:
Ha. I don't think I was too harsh. Hopefully he doesn't take offense to any of it :awesome:

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
He won't.

In other news, TWiNK has officially dropped from competitive Brawl.
Lmao, TWINK is only quitting cause he is getting his *** kicked in every tournament.

/troll.

EDIT: Ill look at your vids later Ice if you want a critique.
It would be nice if you critique them :) Even if they are not singles, I play crappier in singles anyways :c

MJG

Smash Hero
Don't attempt to grab the ICs at all lol. If you DO end up grabbing them, use up throw because the disjointed hit box will hit the other ICs that was not grabbed (if the other IC is close by). Don't use F smash.

iBomb down onto the platform if the IC player is waiting for you below. It's safe and it your best option when coming down.

Clarifying: iBomb to platform and hold your shield until the bomb drops and explodes. Then gtfo.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Please tall me Tink isnt a spamming char >.> I LOVE LINK AND YOUNG LINK OFF MELEE cous their swords are sexy but I know link sucks in brawl n idk if Tink is worth it or not :/

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Don't attempt to grab the ICs at all lol. If you DO end up grabbing them, use up throw because the disjointed hit box will hit the other ICs that was not grabbed (if the other IC is close by). Don't use F smash.

iBomb down onto the platform if the IC player is waiting for you below. It's safe and it your best option when coming down.
thats it?????? =[

Abel1994

Smash Lord
The video of toon link arnt good :/ He camps while getting hit which makes em even all the time so anyone know the best Tink player I can look AT?

TheJerm

Smash Champion

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
hey guys some macthes of me and tyrant are gonna be up soon, i actually took the first stock both games as i recall but he told me i wasnt adapting so he ended up 2 stocking me. Maybe i just started playing worse but whatever. I wanna post em here so yall can look at em and critique n stuff.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
- First thing I notice is that you dodge roll a lot! That's a really bad habit, and with a character like TL that has such a horrible Dodge Roll, you will get punish a lot!!

- Ty to run instead of walk, as a TL you need to stay away from your opponent and spam as hard as possible.

- Don't use Dair so much it leave you open, and once again you will get punish. You got lucky in that second stock in the first match against MK :p (he could have survived if he used side-B)

- Practice your zair, do it closer to the floor so it auto cancels. This way you can do follow ups and its harder to punish your landings.

-Against MK, try not to fight him offstage, a little mistake can cost you a stock really easy.

- General tips: Work on your item spams, you are kinda limiting yourself to using the boomerang 90% of the time, try to mix them up a little bit and think of combinations. TL has other killing move than Up-Smash, (u-tilt, upair, nair, etc.) try mixing them up so don't become so predictable.

Hope this helped.

PS. I only watched the first and second match, sorry :<

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
lol funny intro.

By the looks of it, you know most of TL tricks, you know your spacing, but some times you stay to much time close to your opponent

For some reason you are using the zair after you get hit, dunno why, but sure looks punishable

First video:
2:12 ; 3:20 - bad, bad recoveries... in those 2 occasions you could have been gimped if the other player would have reacted faster.

Also when you are recovering from far away and your opponent is right in front of you, don't try using an item cause there is a high chance that you are gonna get hit/killed(like in your last 2 stocks) If you are gonna use an item try using it before he gets to you, so you can have other options like bair,nair,fair....

4:32 - Some good **** right here XD

2nd video:

lmao, ****... you played really good in these one. The only flaw was that you tried to use the grab as a punish move and it didn't work.

Top Bottom