• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Inquiry Thread (Ask a question, get an answer)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Fully Charged Arrow when they're recovering (or anytime) =D Once hit they were too far away from each other to recover!

QUESTION: Which is TL's best throw and why?
Which one is best for Damage? all do 7%Distance? up i think Combo setup?down anything else?

Yea I'm too lazy to go check it out myself.

EDIT: sticky NOW!
thta's all i got

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Fully Charged Arrow when they're recovering (or anytime) =D Once hit they were too far away from each other to recover!

QUESTION: Which is TL's best throw and why?
Which one is best for Damage? Distance? Combo setup? anything else?

Yea I'm too lazy to go check it out myself.

EDIT: sticky NOW!
Possibally his down throw because it leads to bair combos...
And his up throw leads to his aerial pressure with bombs and uair...
foward throw is good for...spacing and knocking off the stage. Might lead to zair.
back throw same as foward except more difficult?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why does Up-B work on people?
Its not supposed to. =(

I might have to start incorporating it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It doesn't matter. Then can shield/ DI out of it.

T_T

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Bump.

Needs sticky at this point.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Where is chip when we need him...again? Lolol this needs to be stickied now. So that newcomers dont start making pointless threads about stuff.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Its mainly a mind game. Like doing a grounded up-B after the A attacks from the AAA combo.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
up b works because people forget it exists, it lasts forever, and once someone is committed to doing something it can be hard sometimes to go "Oh ****, didn't see that coming" and stop. Its also works because there are those roll addicts who just don't learn.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
am i the only one who didnt know thta everything you can do with tap jump on, you can do with it off too? just figured that out today

ADHD

Smash Hero
I have questions.

How is TL on brinstar and RC?
Dtilt/ftilt seem pretty slow and the range is somewhat decent I guess, any valuable uses?
Should I keep jump tap on for up b out of shield?

Ty

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Many use tap jump off. The fact that it might save you from a horrible mistake of doing an up b aerial is worth it. Up b can still be done out of shield without tap jump.

As for tilts, they can work alright in rare situations in combination with other moves. But for the most part the only worth while tilt is up tilt.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Do toon links throw their bombs with the cstick or A plus the joystick? I've been using A since the beginning of brawl. Which one offers better control in most situations?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I use the c-stick, it doesn't really matter. Controls don't matter one bit, as long as its comfortable to you.
Except in the situations where an AT only works with tap jump on/off. (But TL doesn't have any of those)

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
its interesting because a c stick bomb throw forward in the air while di'ing backward with the control stick allows toon link to cover a good distance backward, I would assume it would be good for spacing. On the other hand, if you travel backwards I would assume you might not be able to capitalize much if the bomb hits. :urg:

On the ground I just jump cancel all my throws.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I use both. I find that c-stick throws farther but I might not want to so I use one or the other depending on the situation.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Add a "
" to the thread Barge.
It'll make it easier for new people to notice.

Barge

Good idea.

Question about toon link:
Uses of floating dair?
What can I do out of it for serious mind ****?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Just take advantage of not having the lag. ._.

C.J.

Smash Master
Hey guys, I main Marth, just starting to get into Toon Link some. I've noticed that sometimes his dair is really fast on the way down and other times it's slower (not the floating dair, I finally figured that one out, lol). Is there any way to control/predict which of the two variations of dair you do? Thank you ahead of time for the answer.

Barge

How do I stop a Kirby from edge guarding against me? Should I hookshot it or not? I always seem to recieve an F-smash...
Don't use spin attack too early. It sounds to me like you're going above the edge and getting an F-smash in the face. Try to sweetspot the ledge, or zair for safer recovery.

Barge

I think this needs a sticky, it gets burried under too fast.
And threads are continuing to be made asking simple questions they can ask here or general info threads.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Everyone just asks in Santi's thread.

Top Bottom