• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too shocked for words

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ah, yes, this was just on the news for me.

It's... amazing. Amazing in that the father managed to pull it off for so many years, did such horrible things, apparently never felt any guilt, and is only just now getting caught.

The poor woman... really, it's all just amazing and horrific at the same time.
Shocking. :(

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Words do fail.

How must the wife feel, if she genuinely never knew about this? For her to find out her husband fabricated the dissapearance of their daughter and that he actually was capable of doing something so vile? It's unimaginable.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Yeah, what's mind-boggling is the fact that his wife never knew what was going on. Either that, or she never bothered to confirm any suspicions or doubts that she may have had.

It's rather disgusting.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
You know, I'd rather not read these things sometimes<_<. Freaking messed up people.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Words do fail.

How must the wife feel, if she genuinely never knew about this? For her to find out her husband fabricated the dissapearance of their daughter and that he actually was capable of doing something so vile? It's unimaginable.
I agree. It must be awful.

I wonder what it must have been like for those children. Seeing the sky for the first time, breathing fresh air, and seeing all the vibrant colors of the real world.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No you don't, you post one of these every month or so.
Doesn't mean I enjoy them. I post them because they just go by the wayside for stupid **** like what color Britney Spears Azua dyed her hair.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Wow... that's really... wow... what got me though wasn't the fact that he did what he did... but that he got away with it for so long when it happened in his own home... I wonder if his wife had suspicions about what was going on, either way it's a really frightening and disturbing story.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I stopped reading halfway when they started giving photographs.

If I could physically describe what I'd like to write, I would pull my guts out.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
What annoys me the most is that in the last three years the only notable times Austria has made all out international news was when they release someone from a captor's basement.

D13

Smash Ace
That story is disgusting and horrible. I find it hard to believe anyone on on this world would do that.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I could say I'm horrified and disgusted, but really, I'm not surprised.

Same old things from this same crazy world.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Only a true stoic would claim to have no emotion after reading that story.

Utterly devastating, imagine what the neighbors are thinking.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
....I don't know what to say. How does this happen. It is so depressing how these sick people just get away with this.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I cant believe, in fact i really dont, his wife was ignorant to all that...Anything that could redeem that more in my eyes is that she was probably brainwashed.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I cant believe, in fact i really dont, his wife was ignorant to all that...Anything that could redeem that more in my eyes is that she was probably brainwashed.
You have to remember, people like this guy tend to be extremely smart, and very very charming.

Everyone that knew him probably thought he was the LEAST likely person to do this kinda thing. Any evidence was probably minor, and he would've been very careful to make sure his wife of all people never had a clue at all.

And unlike the lunatics on TV, he would've exceedingly rarely (if ever) made any sly or subtle references to what he did.

It doesn't really shock me she had no idea at all. :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The room was soundproof, and they were probably independently wealthy. He just made up reasons to visit his other family for the weekend and boom, wife wouldn't think anything of it. Honestly, if your spouse said they were going fishing with the guys would you assume he/she was ****** your child who'd been missing for 24 years?

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I dont know I just find it so hard to believe but your point makes sense BLack and Crimision. 24 years I would think even the sharpest minds would do things that would make you think. It probabyl takes a trained mind to pick up on things that could be suspious.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I feel really bad for the children(the eldest son will never have a normal life)

The 1st thing the youngest son said when he saw the sky for the 1st time was "Is that god up there?"

It breaks my heart to know there is such cruel messed up people in this world.It is the sickest story I have ever heard.The guy even built a sound proof room to abuse the mother in........sicko.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
If i didn't have bigger and better things to do with my life, I swear I would find a way to kill that man.

But alas, I am busy with more important and positive things for now.

Anyone out there that's poor, lonely, bored, and doesn't have a plan for the rest of their life want to take care of this situation for the rest of us?

(required caveat: i'm not condoning or proposing that murder is an appropriate solution to any problem...officially.)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I read it and am still in disbelief, yet I know it is true. That is just absolutely horrible in every way conceivable...oh God...

Top Bottom