• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Much David Bowie mafia - Endgame: A Macabre Shrine of Remains

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ughhh this game.

From my point of view, literally anyone could be scum, but I more or less feel I have to side with GLG/Disfunk as opposed to Soup/Kantrip while staring down two inactive slots and FE, particularly because Kantrip/Soup seem to want to undermine my slot for no clear reason other than fat that I hadn't trimmed off my posts.

Maven's AFK, Shish tried to hard-defend Maven and then had a weird backpedal (I don't think he was joking tbh because it sounds like he really wanted Maven to live). I'm not sure what caused Shish to back off and replace out. Otherwise, Shish doesn't really have much to work with. I mean, as far as likely goon pairs go, this would by far be the easiest one, but it also feels unlikely because surely the goons would be more involved in the game...right?

FE is pretty wishy-washy (see: his approach to my slot, no hard commitment) and sheepish of Kantrip/Soup.

For the green roomers: I hope you are all empathetic of my cause atm 'cause this is rough LOL

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Okay my new theory is that either soup/kantrip are the mafia goons or fire/funk are the mafia goons. Funk and Fire both voted for maven pretty close together earlier this morning, which might be me just overthinking things but now I want to vote out fire even more.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
For the record Bard, I think shish was joke posting voting for you and I'll show why.
Unvote
Vote: Maven

Placeholder until Maven comes out.
I understand wanting to be supportive of Maven but I don't think pressuring him with a vote is the right way to make him come out.

Vote: Bardull

I'm tired of reading walls already and he wants to force Maven out of the closet which is not okay

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
2 hours? Time completely eludes me sometimes.

Soup's push on you for posting too much does feel a little forced and I might be over simplifying his argument but from a slot outside of you and him it does just feel like he's saying because you are trying to look town you're not town.
You're definitely simplfying it, which is a mild annoyance but I won't make you feel bad about it. I just really think Bardull is the type of player to be tone-deaf, this is something I've talked about with marshy before while musing with him about DGames a bit long ago. Bardull has a tendency to take things so literal to the point that anything that would be criticism to further understand his alignment is merely provocation. I don't know why he's upset or saying that me and Kantrip are teaming up against him because I don't even townread Kantrip right now? I just feel like Bardull plays in his own world a lot and it can be troublesome to deal with, but this is not a basis to vote or scumread him. You could say the same reasons that I am cautious about Kantrip could be similar to Bardull but in different context, wherein I find Kantrip is really good at tone and Bardull is terrible with his tone that I can't tell whether or not he really believes half of the things he says. Can you help me out with that?

#HBC | ѕoup

I wish I had more time, I would be OK with for reasons to just vote Bardull and I don't wanna vote Maven as I believe he can salvage himself. Deja vu of me saying nearly the same thing in PYP lol

I agree with Funk's dissertation on Fire from what I read, and Maven is such an easy vote at this rate which gives me pause

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I wish I had more time, I would be OK with for reasons to just vote Bardull and I don't wanna vote Maven as I believe he can salvage himself. Deja vu of me saying nearly the same thing in PYP lol

I agree with Funk's dissertation on Fire from what I read, and Maven is such an easy vote at this rate which gives me pause
Maven has always been a "if no one else vote" for me, and Funk and fire both voting for him at like early this morning really gave me pause. Would you be OK with voting fire?

Maven89

Smash Master
vote: fire

I forgot about this game and this is pure self preservation

I’m going with Bard plan, and I’ll probably investigate Bard

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
2 hours? Time completely eludes me sometimes.

You're definitely simplfying it, which is a mild annoyance but I won't make you feel bad about it. I just really think Bardull is the type of player to be tone-deaf, this is something I've talked about with marshy before while musing with him about DGames a bit long ago. Bardull has a tendency to take things so literal to the point that anything that would be criticism to further understand his alignment is merely provocation. I don't know why he's upset or saying that me and Kantrip are teaming up against him because I don't even townread Kantrip right now? I just feel like Bardull plays in his own world a lot and it can be troublesome to deal with, but this is not a basis to vote or scumread him. You could say the same reasons that I am cautious about Kantrip could be similar to Bardull but in different context, wherein I find Kantrip is really good at tone and Bardull is terrible with his tone that I can't tell whether or not he really believes half of the things he says. Can you help me out with that?

I want to help with this but I don't know if we have time this day phase for it(5 minutes!) but this game is just a mess and I don't feel confident in any of my reads now but I'm having a lot of figuring out where this puzzle goes. I'm not sure if I'm reading your post right but are you saying that there's what is actually happening in this game and there's what Bard is thinking is happening in this game? I can see that happening but I'm not entirely sure if that's indicative of alignment. Which you're also saying. I think next day phase will be a good day to sort out this mess so I'm hoping to spend a lot of time tonight really figuring out what to think of who.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm going to post my read toMorrow.

I think it's too early to say, but I won't outright dismiss your opinion. Based on what I know of the previous game Shish was in, Moydow instructed him to "Shish post" more often, so maybe he's taken that advice to this game? I know, wine is wine, but I have trust issues. I don't have any real problem with him so far though. I'd rather hear more substance before making a decision. Maybe others feel differently.

Regarding SK/Goon hunting:

We should be hunting for scum and not thinking about going specifically for one or the other. The SK is definitely a priority in a sense because he's double-edged and could potentially lessen the amount of mislynches the Town has; they are the only ones that can kill, but they do have the potential to kill Mafia. I don't think this really needs much further discussion.

Oh yeah, at midday, we should all give our cop targets.
To clarify, you think that the SK has incentive to shoot mafia?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Results:
  • Maven89: 2 (Disfunkshunal, Fire Emblemier)
  • Kantrip: 1 (BarDulL)
  • Fire Emblemier: 4 (Kantrip, giraffelasergun, #HBC | Nabe, Maven89)

Not voting: #HBC | ѕoup

The Laughing Gnome

Didn't they teach you to get your hair cut at school? You look like a Rolling Gnome.

You are The Laughing Gnome, the subject of a 1967 single by David Bowie, made two years before "Space Oddity" launched him to fame. Your song is regularly mocked as the single largest embarrasment of Bowie's career, to the point that, despite it being the most popular selection in a phone-in vote to choose songs for a 1990 world tour, Bowie still refused to play it. How dare he disown you so.

== Mafia Goon ==
  • You have no special abilities of your own - only your voice and your vote.
  • You are aligned with the Mafia.
  • You win when the Serial Killer is dead, and the Mafia equals 50% or more of the remaining players (or nothing can prevent this).
  • In 1v1 endgames between a Mafia Goon and the Serial Killer, the Serial Killer wins.

Pierrot, the Eternal Clown

I'm Pierrot. I'm Everyman. What I'm doing is theatre ... the white face, the baggy pants - they're Pierrot, the eternal clown putting over the great sadness...

You are Pierrot, the eternal clown, and while you technically aren't a David Bowie creation as such, he did dress up as you on the cover of his 1980 album Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps), and in the video of "Ashes to Ashes", one of his most well-known tracks. At the time of its release, the video for "Ashes to Ashes" was the most expensive music video ever produced, costing some £250,000 to make (equivalent to about 1.3 million US dollars today).

== Vanilla Townie ==
  • You are aligned with the Town.
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

"Ha ha ha, hee hee hee!"

We'd heard rumours that a little fellow with a jolly laugh was involved in trading these "art crime" pieces. Looks like we've found him, walking down the high street with not a care in the world. Get him on the train to Eastbourne, lads, we'll take it from there. It's gnome-man's land for him.

----------------------------------------------------

Night 1 begins now!

The deadline is 24 hours from now (5pm UTC, October 30th).

If the Serial Killer and FBI Agent submit their actions in time, the phase may end earlier.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Kantrip Kantrip
Major Tom

Ground Control to Major Tom, your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?

You are Major Tom, one of David Bowie's first creations, brought to life in the 1969 song "Space Oddity", and revived in 1980 for "Ashes to Ashes". Major Tom is an astronaut whose mission goes drastically wrong, resulting in him apparently being lost to space for all eternity. This is where it all really began for Bowie - "Space Oddity" was the track that finally made him popular, after years of questionable Anthony Newley-inspired efforts, and it was even played over the BBC's footage of the first Moon landing. The little-known video above was made for the promotional video set "Love You 'Til Tuesday" in 1969, and features a different recording of the song to the one that became popular.

== Vanilla Townie ==
  • You are aligned with the Town.
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

My mama said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom. Our killer clearly didn't take the same advice - and even more astonishingly, they came out on top. More than just his circuit is dead, something's very wrong. All that was left behind was a jewel-encrusted skull inside a spacesuit from the Moon landings. It was impressive, certainly a work of art... but that's beside the point, of course. Time to get back to the matter at hand, sorting out this art murderer.

----------------------------------------------------

Day 2 begins now!

The deadline is 50 hours from now (6pm UTC, November 1st - extended to account for the upcoming Smash Direct).

In 26 hours (6pm UTC, October 31st), majority lynch comes into effect. With 6 players alive, if a player reaches 4 votes after this point, they will be lynched immediately and the phase will end.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Maven89 Maven89 #HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal BarDulL BarDulL

#HBC | ѕoup

Looked a little into Fire during the night and unfortunately he didn't drop any hard tells on a mate and I feel like we got another lucky break, but I certainly won't complain. Don't really think Maven comes in to save his own ass by voting his mate? Basically where I am right now.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I thinking of going with Vote: Disfunkshunal today.

Looking at how voting worked yesterday, the first time Disfunk voted yesterday was for a maven vote 6ish hours before deadline. Fire followed up with a vote an hour and a half later which felt coordinated by the two of them, especially since Fire's last vote the night before was so wishywashy about voting. Also most of Disfunk's content has been more about setup mechanics than reads which has made it hard for me to develop a solid read on where they are at.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Maven89 Maven89 Really curious to see where yall's heads are at, especially since nabe didn't get a chance to post reads in between subbing and deadline.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Just sticking my head in. I think Bard is a more likely second mafia than Funk of the non-voters (Soup is a town read for me). I had a scum read on Bard pre-Fire-flip (more on that when I'm here this afternoon), but specifically Bard said at least twice that Fire was an unlikely goon.

I don't know why Funk and Fire would both be sitting on Maven as mafia. If it was an attempt to save Fire, they didn't really try very hard to my recollection. Fire's vote for Maven didn't seem like a concerted effort with Funk. And it was a three-way tie at the time with Maven being most on the table, so I think that Fire was picking a lynch that he thought was likely to travel.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hrmmmmm, Kantrip is really just a strange kill. Kinda glad he’s dead though, now all that’s left is Soup and no one will be in my way.

But uh, yeah, I was wrong about FE. This happens to me on occasion when I think someone “slips” but they just either fundamentally didn’t understand the game set up from the start or it’s possible that it was faked. What sense is there in a goon thinking the game immediately ends if the SK gets hardbodied? And to so apparently try to deflect attention from the goons????? Surely he would have spoken to his scum partner about this???? (No offense FE, I mean maybe you did fake it but in that case you must have no shame LOL). This happened to me in FE7 mafia with a certain somebody where they did not at all understand their own scum mate’s day-janitor role by D3, and I was just like “how is it possible that this person doesn’t know what their own teammate did?” And the way they phrased their response was completely genuine (it was in fact a genuine response and the mate just didn’t even realize what the janitor role did).

Uh but yeah, take it or leave it I guess? :awesome:

As an aside, I missed deadline because, no joke, my boss caught me trying to sneak in a post and he threatened to take me to HR LOL!!! Man, I work hard in that office and yet he won’t cut me any slack, feelsbad.

I’ll be back with my own analysis of D1 when I finally get home. I’ll make sure it’s not unnecessarily long this time, heathens :mad::mad:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Sneaking in some time during lunch so this won't be too long right now:
Looking at how voting worked yesterday, the first time Disfunk voted yesterday was for a maven vote 6ish hours before deadline.
I actually got a good laugh out of this. You don't know me, few of you do, so you don't know that I normally prefer to sit on my vote unless I'm sure or it's pressure. No one had a solid enough read yesterday to seriously pressure and I mentioned that I wasn't feeling confident about anyone. Why vote at all then? Because, since yall don't know me, I knew this would happen:
Soup's not even voting which isn't a good look to me rn
You got me giraffe. Damned if I do, damned if I don't :laugh:

Had I been able to get back on before deadline, I would have pressured Fire for a better answer to my question in #151. I already mentioned how his reasoning didn't make sense and I didn't feel that his answer adequately described why he felt it made sense to him. Regardless, he's dead now.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Oh actually, I can't leave without saying one more thing -- I have to wake up early in the morning for work and I have a long commute on the train. Because of that, I will post early until I finish moving (this weekend). I actually posted a vote earlier in the morning than I wanted to give people enough time to respond.

Finally, if you really think that Fire and I coordinated that, I'm a little offended. I like to believe that I could do a much better job of coordinating mafia votes than that :laugh:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I actually got a good laugh out of this. You don't know me, few of you do, so you don't know that I normally prefer to sit on my vote unless I'm sure or it's pressure. No one had a solid enough read yesterday to seriously pressure and I mentioned that I wasn't feeling confident about anyone. Why vote at all then? Because, since yall don't know me, I knew this would happen:

You got me giraffe. Damned if I do, damned if I don't :laugh:

Had I been able to get back on before deadline, I would have pressured Fire for a better answer to my question in #151. I already mentioned how his reasoning didn't make sense and I didn't feel that his answer adequately described why he felt it made sense to him. Regardless, he's dead now.

For how often you posted yesterday but I don't think it should be too hard to find reads from you. I know in your #122 you mention that you would Kill Shish or FBI Check Kantrip, and then you end up voting Maven. I don't get the same genuine sense that you were actively scum hunting I get from other players Day 1. Not knowing how you play doesn't prevent the actions you took as being scummy.

In a game where a third of the living players alive are scum I think we need to need to be more proactive with reads and votes. It's okay to vote for someone and change your mind or say you scum read someone and realize later that it's an inaccurate thought, but as a town it's important for us to know where people's heads are at so that we can make the best choice for a lynch.

Also moving sucks and I hope everything goes smoothly for the move!

BarDulL BarDulL please don't get fired because of this game!

I'm going to try to be active in the thread tonight when people get off of work so if people want me to elaborate on a read please @ me!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ground control to major tom
Your circuit's dead, theres something wrong
Can you hear me major tom?

...go town!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I will admit that I skimmed before I posted
I was able to admit this to everyone at some point yesterday. Do you want to make a similar admittance? :)

Very general overview of where I see the players:
To tie this into the question Bardull asked me -- I'm bothered by anyone that hasn't meaningfully contributed yet. That means Maven and Shish. Fire is only marginally better. I feel best (best =/= good) about you, and everyone else is in the middle.
My rationale for wanting to kill shish
Shish - What bothers me about Shish more than Maven is that while Maven has been MIA, Shish has been here more often but hasn't really said anything. Even if we assume that life is keeping Shish's activity low, when he is here, he might as well not be. I understand that there has been little to go on today but Shish hasn't really demonstrated efforts to change that.
The important part about the above is that my suspicion boils down to how shish is playing. At this point, he hasn't contributed anything worthwhile. I didn't think that this next part needed to be said but my suspicion of shish was no longer valid when this happened:

Announcement:
@Shishœ has been replaced by #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe .
My challenge to you is to find anyone who had a half solid read on Nabe by the day's end.

In case you missed it, all of this + my cop/doc/kill were in the same post. If you scrolled down a little further, in #149, you'd find my rationale for voting Maven. I didn't explicitly say it but I also implied that my vote would be on him if nothing incriminating came up on anyone else.
Let's assume Maven doesn't come back for the rest of the phase. Assuming nothing incriminating comes up, are you ok with letting Maven continue in the game and hanging an active player instead?
My vote on Maven was far from out of left field.

I also put my read of Bardull on the page before it. By the end of the phase, i stated my read on shish, Bardull, and fire and I commented on my lack of a read on Maven and explained my stance. With there being 7 players, excluding me, I talked about half in detail.

I'll admit that you offered "reads" for more players but for a couple that boiled down to "I can't read them".

You made up your mind about me as early as yesterday morning. If you actually went back and read my content you'd find reads. If you actually went back and read my content you'd find that while I did talk about the set up, that that's hardly the focus of the majority of my posts. I'm not sure if the question mark you have over my slot is making you feel this way, or if you're scum and i look like an easy mark, or you actually believe this nonsense but regardless, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
As for why I'd check Kantrip, I mentioned yesterday that it was wifom at it's finest. While I didn't believe that sk would bring up Bardull's fbi check clearing plan, I thought that it was much more likely that the sk would support it. Anyone against the plan might be an obvious check target but people who advocate for it strongly, especially in the beginning before a wagon forms, may be seen as more trustworthy and may be considered as lower priority checks.

I had no evidence aside from that gut feeling and so it wasn't worth acting on at all without something more incriminating.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Off topic from the game:

I'm just moving from Baltimore to DC and the room comes furnished so moving shouldn't be pretty smooth. I'm going to take some things to do the new house a couple times this week before work and then make a final trip Saturday with anything I can't take on the train. Thanks though :)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
(can I make this ****post?? I'm not in the graveyard so IDK anything juicy LOL)

whaaaaaat

Nabe replaced Shishy Fishy??? Nabe just cut in line..... smh

I'm telling the teacher!!!!!

bard ban him :(

LOL

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
For the record, you're the person I think is most likely to be scum. There are other people who I have scum leans on, but I want to see if their play today(being tuesday) changes and if not on wednesday I'm going to look into them more.

When I made my 184 the only posts I saw you make reads in are your 149 and the cop/doc/kill post. I have quoted your 149 below:

I'm going to go against the grain and say that if Bardull is scum, he's more likely to be mafia than sk.

Giraffe:

Maven > Fire > Bardull

Maven - it really bothers me that this slot has huge question mark over it. As it currently stands, this slot is either dead weight at best or a silent threat at worst. In the absence of a strong lead, I'm willing to take this gamble.

Fire - since today has been pretty slow, this ordering is heavily affected by how each of these players have contributed as opposed to hard evidence. With that, Fire hasn't really done anything to make him stand out to me as scum but he also doesn't stand out to me as town. He's been here and he has contributed and offered his thoughts but he seems to be doing the minimum compared to the other active players. I also don't buy his bard as sk reasoning. He says sk Bardull used walls often but then also says that Bardull always uses wall, regardless of his alignment. The post was technically a contribution but are we any further along because of it?

Bardull - as I mentioned before, I'm wary of him but it's based more on a gut feeling and proven player adeptness than it is on solid evidence. I'd much rather let him live another day and observe him more carefully than hang him because I know he's a good player.

Yeah, it's been a while since it's just been us.
In your 149 you just mention that maven's a question mark(which he is for everyone), and that bard is someone that you want to look at more a later day and that fire could go either way. I guess my biggest qualm with this post is that your most concrete scum read was just a big question mark, and you voted for him to cause a tie(which later got broken/remade).

Also I 100% agree with you that no one has a concrete read on Nabe right now but I believe in Nabe enough that he will post something that will allow me to read him at some point. And while I'll concede your vote for maven wasn't out of left field, I think I just really didn't want a Maven lynch yesterday because i didn't think we would gain anything from what we would learn of Maven's flip. I don't really want to turn this into a whole thing because I think we can very easily turn this into a 'nuh uh, uh huh' argument which if we're both town would allow scum to slip by even more.

What are your thoughts on Soup and Bard? If Maven's activity doesn't change today would you still lynch him at the end of the day over others? I'll answer both of these questions after if you want me to, but I really want to see your thoughts first.

Also prefurnished places are so nice, because moving furniture is a huge hassle. Hoping that this move cuts down your commute!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright, finally back from work. Kinda bummed that there hasn't been much action; I didn't want to claim yet and was hoping for a lead on the goon instead of just lynching the SK right away, but it is what it is.

I'm the FBI agent, and I found the SK last night.

Sorry GLG, but your game ends here. Moydow Moydow can we expedite this lynch?

Vote: GiraffeLaserGun

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Bard, this is a stupid gambit and you’re literally going to lose the game for whichever faction you belong to.

FBI agent, don’t counterclaim. Town needs you for next day phase.
Vote: Bardull

If you were really telling the truth, why didn’t you claim at the beginning of the phase?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright fine, you got me. I lied. Gambit's over, folks. :awesome:

I chose you because I thought it would be the most believable choice from my end (it didn't make sense for me to break my plan after I selected you as an SK candidate). I don't think you would fall for this though.

I want to talk about your reaction in a sec.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Why'd you vote for me, knowing it would be suicide for scum to do this? Scum would just end up trading...right?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just to be clear btw with everyone btw: I'm not claiming that I'm not the FBI agent. I'm just saying that my result was a gambit. :^)

Maybe I'll have a better shot tomorrow with Nabe.

FBI Check: Nabe

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I figured in this group of players that the FBI agent would at least let things play out, especially since they likely targeted me last night.

I confess I also wanted to have some fun and make the game interesting for everyone LOL!

Not quite the level of CC'ing dayvig but it is what it is.

Top Bottom