• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Much David Bowie mafia - Endgame: A Macabre Shrine of Remains

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Oh, you're here.

Hit me, bucko.
Disregard, I tried to find the post again but you were talking about someone elses actions.

I'm kind of tempted to make a stream of consciousness post tonight with all of my thoughts so that pokechu and I can really figure out who is the liar.

also tempted to claim fbi agent so that everyone alive has claimed it at some point

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Okay this is my stream of consciousness post. This is for Pokechu's eyes only so if anyone else reads this then you have betrayed my trust for ever(except Moydow, you can read this too to make sure I don't break any rules). Also I'm a sicc boi right now so I'll be home all night watching tv/checking the thread because I don't want to leave my apartment and get my friends sick. Right now I'm watching Neo Yokio, it's funny and on Netflix.

First things First, Maven has just not played this game. At all. And Pokechu, you and I both know I mean at all. He has maybe 6 posts between the first two days and one is a joke vote, one is a vote to protect himself, the rest are just "oh I'll be here later posts". We have no reason to trust him. In fact, while his post he quote where he says "I'm probably going to fbi check bard tonight" might have been him slipping that he's the FBI. And I'm not saying that I'm the sharpest tool in the shed or anything, but I probably would have killed him for that post N1 if I was the SK because I had no idea who the FBI agent could be and I would hate to bring the FBI agent to end game. But if I were the SK I also don't know if I'd target him because he has literally six posts this whole game. Him coming into Day 3 and being the FBI Agent just feels too convenient for lack of a better term. Like obviously that was a great strategy to avoid getting night killed, but if this setup allowed for an additional mislynch I think I would have tried to lynch him day 2.

I had no real read on shish when they subbed out. I don't know why they subbed out, but then we got Nabe. And Nabe didn't post anything at the end of Day 1 read wise, and while I feel like he probably had enough time to read and make a post in between subbing and the end of the day, **** happens so I'm not going to hold that against them. I had a big town read on Nabe most of day 2 though, and I really thought he had good points about Bard. Not thinking bard was the SK shocked me when he first posted that, because everyone else seemed to be thinking that of bard really at the time(pretty sure he's the only one people had claimed they would FBI check). Nabe's actions at the end of the day felt a little off to me, him finally deciding to lynch Funk after spending all day on Bard(even after I said I would lynch Bard) did seem a bit out of character to me. Also, his #267 post really stuck out to me because I feel like common mafia strategy is to be cool with lynching inactives, but I digress.

My overall thought right now is to lean more with Nabe. This changed from my earlier post because I had misread a Nabe post where I thought he claimed to not be the FBI agent. At this point I wouldn't say I'm a 100% confident it is the right strategy to not lynch him, but I would really hate to not lynch maven and then lose because I trusted the guy who never posted over a person that I was townreading a day phase prior.

Before I forget: On the subject of night kills. Kantrip Day 1 really felt like it was someone trying to frame bard or was bard, imo. Soup night 2 makes sense because I think to most people he seemed townie, so maybe sk thought he would be the FBI agent.

Pokechu Pokechu thoughts in general? I want this to be a decision we make together because the SK has to be one of nabe/maven at this point.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Also I hope everyone in the graveyard/spectator chat is having fun watching this, I imagine this is an exciting day phase to watch.

(not to play though ughajflajldjalfkjlfjfdlkljfakjl nzk zjgnlzdkgnklnglknklndsn)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
except Moydow, you can read this too to make sure I don't break any rules

-----

I guess I should do some actual host stuff too

------

Current vote count (as of post #283):
  • #HBC | Nabe: 1 (Maven89)
  • Maven89: 1 (#HBC | Nabe)

Not currently voting: giraffelasergun, Pokechu

41 hours remain in this phase.
Majority lynch begins in 17 hours. With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP

I thought I was the FBI agent.... :(

naaaah LOL

tbh I had a feeling this would happen

I'm not sure who to side with since we obviously can't get a read on Maven and I can't really get one on Nabe either :^(

rereading their posts to make some heads

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP

I thought I was the FBI agent.... :(

naaaah LOL

tbh I had a feeling this would happen

I'm not sure who to side with since we obviously can't get a read on Maven and I can't really get one on Nabe either :^(

rereading their posts to make some heads
It won’t take long to read Mavens at least

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Pokechu if you disagree with what I'm about to do, please let me know.

Vote:Maven
Should probably say something about this:

Maven's vote at the end of day 1 always felt a little grimey to me, and his selective activity is a little suspicious. Also, I want to believe if he truly was the FBI agent he would have at least vaguely said something that would have been along the lines of Bard is not the SK like nabe did on Day 2.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's true, he hasn't had a presence in the game at all until now

I'm still undecided, both sides make a lot of sense since I could honestly see FBI Maven ghosting the game until LyLo LOL

Maven89

Smash Master
Just think of the absolute improbability of me coming in here and starting with claiming that Nabe was guilty when I would have no idea if the rest of you were the FBI agent over him, as well as the fact that the SK kills were apparently informed and made sense when I clearly wasn’t playing the game and would have to make random kills. If that was the case, the proper play today would be to sit down and wait to see if someone got a guilty, instead of immediately claiming a guilty on another player who magically happens to be the “real” FBI agent.

I didn’t say anything about Bard because that wasn’t the plan, me not posting that Bards slot was guilty would clear him on my flip.

Also, Nabe trying to talk about how he ignored the guy who claimed FBI, while also pushing for that slots death

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Just think of the absolute improbability of me coming in here and starting with claiming that Nabe was guilty when I would have no idea if the rest of you were the FBI agent over him, as well as the fact that the SK kills were apparently informed and made sense when I clearly wasn’t playing the game and would have to make random kills. If that was the case, the proper play today would be to sit down and wait to see if someone got a guilty, instead of immediately claiming a guilty on another player who magically happens to be the “real” FBI agent.

I didn’t say anything about Bard because that wasn’t the plan, me not posting that Bards slot was guilty would clear him on my flip.

Also, Nabe trying to talk about how he ignored the guy who claimed FBI, while also pushing for that slots death
In regards to the bolded statement, just because you didn't post doesn't mean you weren't reading enough to be informed. The game was 5 pages at the end of day one and 7 pages at the end of day 2, you could have easily read that in an hour or two at any point. So I don't think you can use your inactivity to clear you.

unvote.

Since the fbi agent didn't die, toDay was always going to be a claim off of agent vs sk. While you being first might make your claim more credible, your slip/crumb/whatever you want to call it hurts your credibility a little bit.

Idk, I feel like most people would have also assumed pokechu and I weren't the FBI agent yesterday so I think it makes sense that this is between Nabe and you.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Nabe thought my slip was faked, wouldn’t that be cause for him investigating me?
I see arguments that could both support or not support this. I think most people would have checked bard d1 regardless because that's what most people wanted to have happen.

I need to think about this.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Like this is getting so wifomy but If I was the SK I don't think I would let nabe live until day 3 because I know the man could argue his way out of prison, but on the otherhand maven's lack of day presence just makes it really hard to trust that he's town.

Maven89

Smash Master
I umderstand wanting to kill me due to me just not playing the game, and I feel bad for Nabe since this was the worse case scenario for him, but all the evidence lines up that I’m the FBI agent and just didn’t really play, and that Nabe’s counter claim is just that

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #295):
  • Maven89: 1 (#HBC | Nabe)

Not currently voting: Pokechu, giraffelasergun

24 hours remain in this phase. less 5 minutes, I was delayed in getting this up
Majority lynch begins now! With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe thought my slip was faked, wouldn’t that be cause for him investigating me?
I didn't notice your 'slip' until you mentioned it toDay. No one noticed or at least commented on it. Which is why it's very strange that you would say, "I'm surprised I wasn't killed!" You weren't killed because you're the killer.

No, they have nothing to do with each other. I refrained from talking about his FBI agent claim because he said he was probably investigated Day 1, and he was right, I investigated him. Not only would I not have CC'd if I had been here, because I knew him to be non-SK, but I wasn't going to touch that at all because I didn't trust myself to not get noticed.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Just think of the absolute improbability of me coming in here and starting with claiming that Nabe was guilty when I would have no idea if the rest of you were the FBI agent over him, as well as the fact that the SK kills were apparently informed and made sense when I clearly wasn’t playing the game and would have to make random kills.
Kantrip and Soup don't seem like informed kills to me. If you had been targeting mafia and informed on the thread, you wouldn't have hit Soup, you would have hit Bard. But your first point is more important.

You literally had to come in here and pick the agent out of the crowd in order to win. If I had posted before you this phase, and you had counterclaimed, no one would be taking your claim seriously. It's not improbable, it was the only play that was available to you.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Oh, I look at my watch, it says 9:25
And I think "oh God, I'm still alive!"

You are not a victim
You just scream with boredom!
You are not evicting time

We should be on by now...

----------------------------------------------------​

6 hours remain in this phase. No deadline extensions are available.
With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Pokechu, any last minute thoughts? I think I have an idea of where we should go this day but I want to here from you first.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm leaning towards Nabe, I think that if Maven was the FBI agent he would have actually attempted to play, because the last time he got a power role in a vanilla game, he replaced out and the replacement got his slot killed

so I think that FBI Maven wouldn't have gone ghost for the whole game

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
like, he was a jailer, he replaced out, and his replacement went "I"m the jailer!"

:laugh:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I also do think that he's being really overconfident (Maven), he's said
all the evidence lines up that I’m the FBI agent and just didn’t really play, and that Nabe’s counter claim is just that
but when you've had four posts IDK if I'd call that evidence

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree with you, also I think a person who was reading the game could have assumed after yesterday you and I weren’t the fbi agent(with the bard claim and my response) so I don’t think it’s surprising.

Vote:Maven

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Do I hammer it? Or do you think we should use these last six hours?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
If you feel comfortable with the Lynch then I would go ahead and hammer, but if you want to mull it over still you can wait

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll give Maven some time to respond

But I'm not sure if he will :laugh:

Maven89

Smash Master
All your arguments are “he didn’t play”, and trying to make moralizing arguments about that. If you’re going to throw the game over me being inactive, go for it, but it’s still clear there’s no reason for me to claim FBI agent and clears on two players if I was the SK when I could just wait and see if the FBI agent had a guilty or not. If you refuse to believe that or are just upset I didn’t post, go ahead and lynch me.

Maven89

Smash Master
That last post wasn’t fair, if that happens I’m the one who threw the game by not posting, but either way, if you’re not going to look past that then just vote

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #310):
  • Maven89: 2 (#HBC | Nabe, giraffelasergun)

Not currently voting: Pokechu

30 minutes remain in this phase.
With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

That's the end of the phase!

Results coming soon. For now, (try to) enjoy the suspense for a little while longer. :p

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Maven89 Maven89 Pokechu Pokechu
Results:
  • Maven89: 2 (#HBC | Nabe, giraffelasergun)

Not voting: Pokechu

Nathan Adler

Was this a suspect? I says to myself, "whoa! Quelle courage!" But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me take you back to when it all began...

You are Detective Professor Nathan Adler, an agent working with the "art crime" investigation bureau - an office charged with investigating murders committed in the name of "art", and determining which of these are acceptable, and which are not. But something is very wrong with this latest series of killings, and now it falls to you to track down the one responsible. It's definitely murder--and it ain't art.

== Town FBI Agent ==
  • Once per Night, you may investigate another player, by submitting the command Investigate: <target>.
  • You will receive the result Guilty if your target is the Serial Killer, and Not Guilty for all other players.
  • Your results are always sane, and cannot be interfered with in any way.
  • You are aligned with the Town.
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.
Looks like this is it for me... I've finally managed to track down the monster responsible for all these deaths, but it's got me backed into a corner, its piercing blue eyes gazing down on me. Damn it! I should have done more to track it down sooner. I should have...

7th November, 1987 - Sydney, Australia

"I should have..."

Even gods become nervous. As he often did on the night of a concert, David had decided to catch a quick nap to help settle himself before going out to entertain the crowd.

"Ah. Was it just a dream? I thought I was done with Major Tom and the Thin White Duke, and... even the Laughing Gnome... but they always come back to haunt me on nights like this."

David remarked upon the massive Glass Spider contraption looming over the stage. Suddenly it filled him with a newfound sense of dread, and the shrieks of the crowd began to sound like the tiny wails and cries of the Spider's offspring - or perhaps the many victims it had claimed, in the name of misguided "art".

"This whole tour, these last few albums... They really haven't been some of my better efforts. Maybe that's what the dream was about. If I stay on this path of just making music to be popular, perhaps I'm just killing the music.

"Now, "art murders"? Already that sounds a lot more interesting than the nonsense I came up with about the Glass Spider. ...Yes! I can see it now. A whole series of albums, made as the 20th century dies, all centred around the world of art crimes."

Of course, David had already been considering the looming turn of the century, but first, there was the matter of the Glass Spider to deal with. Creativity would have to come later. Tonight's concert was already underway - Carlos had just kicked the night off with his rendition of "Up The Hill Backwards".

David made his way to the upper level of the stage. He couldn't deny that the actor in him loved the drama of entering the stage from on high, even if the narration he had to read as he entered was rather embarrassing.

"Up until one century ago, there lived, in the Ziduang province of an Eastern country, a glass-like spider.
Having devoured its prey, it would drape the skeletons over its web, in weeks creating a macabre shrine of remains.
"

...None noticed the latest additions to the shrine.
Button-Eyes

On the day of execution, only women kneel and smile, ah-ah, ah-ah
At the centre of it all, at the centre of it all, your eyes...

You are Button-Eyes, part of David Bowie's final gift to the world before his untimely passing in 2016. Featured in the videos for Blackstar and Lazarus, from his final album, Button-Eyes appears to be some kind of blind prophet, perhaps heralding the impending fate of his creator... The button eyes cover Bowie's own eyes, themselves notable for what many people believe to be heterochromia (the eyes being different colours) - in actual fact, Bowie suffered from anisocoria, or permanent dilation of the left pupil, which he suffered in the early 1960s after being punched in the face during an argument with a friend.

== Vanilla Townie ==
  • You have no special abilities of your own - only your voice and your vote.
Ziggy Stardust

There's a starman waiting in the sky, he'd like to come and meet us but he thinks he'd blow our minds...

You are Ziggy Stardust, arguably the most well-known of Bowie's characters, originating in his 1972 album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. Ziggy is an androgynous, bisexual alien rockstar sent to Earth to save the people of the world, with the world having only five years left to survive. He enthralls everyone in his path, but in the end is torn apart on stage by the "Infinites", a race of destructive cosmic beings. You'll be hoping the same doesn't happen to you here.

== Vanilla Townie ==

...Or the shady individual occupying the Glass Spider's control room.
Glass Spider

Up until one century ago, there lived, in the Ziduang province of an eastern country, a glass-like spider.
Having devoured its prey, it would drape the skeletons over its web, in weeks creating a macabre shrine of remains.

You're no Spider from Mars - you are the infamous Glass Spider, one of David Bowie's most mocked and reviled creations. The opening narrative of your song might be one of Bowie's worst efforts at creative writing, and the tour named after you was hideously overproduced, but at least your song isn't that bad? Better than a lot of the other stuff on that album, anyway. There's lots of prey out there for you to decorate your home with... But stay low on the ground, lest the animals (and FBI agent) awake and the hunter becomes the hunted.

== Serial Killer ==
  • Once per Night, you may attempt to kill another player, by submitting the command Kill: <target>, or alternatively Bang Bang: <target>.
  • You may choose not to kill, by not posting a Kill command during the Night, or by submitting the command No Kill.
  • The FBI Agent will receive a "Guilty" result when targeting you.
  • You are aligned with neither the Town nor the Mafia.
  • You win when all other players are dead (or nothing can prevent this).
  • In 1v1 endgames between a Mafia Goon and the Serial Killer, the Serial Killer wins.

The Spiders from Mars

So where were the Spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls?

You are the Spiders from Mars, David Bowie's backing band from 1970 to 1973, consisting of Mick Ronson on guitar, Trevor Bolder on bass, and Woody Woodmansey on drums. Most famously you played a prominent part in Bowie's 1972 hit album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. After Bowie killed the man and broke up the band, you tried to go it alone in 1975, but unfortunately didn't make it too far without Ziggy playing guitar.

== Vanilla Townie ==

------------------------------------------
Congratulations to #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe , the Serial Killer, and the winner!

Game over! Thanks for playing!

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sorry for spamming people's alert boxes, I had been holding back on likes for the whole game on account of being the host and trying to be impartial :p
You forgot to say I-- I mean, the SK won
You replaced out, loser

It's at the bottom of the wall of text because I wanted to keep the suspense up, thanks for spoiling it >:^(

I can make it clearer, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for spamming people's alert boxes, I had been holding back on likes for the whole game on account of being the host and trying to be impartial :p

You replaced out, loser

It's at the bottom of the wall of text because I wanted to keep the suspense up, thanks for spoiling it >:^(

I can make it clearer, though.
I was helping Nabe as a Spirit though

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I was going to claim to be Bowie as the FBI agent from Twin Peaks, but I thought that would be too on the nose.
...How much more stuff has Bowie been involved with that I haven't heard of? Even with the stuff I did know about, I could have went way more obscure than I did, but damn. maybe I can run a second game with a completely different set of Bowie characters

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I mean, just last night, for example, I learned of a really obscure 90s film he did called "The Linguini Incident", which gave us this quote that I was hoping to use at some point if the last phase really kicked off and needed to be reined in:

Last edited:
Top Bottom