• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Much David Bowie mafia - Endgame: A Macabre Shrine of Remains

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I don't think I can really differentiate that well between who is mafia and who is the SK. Bard was a huge can of wifom for me internally and there's a few reasons I think he could be scum and there a few reasons I think he could be town, but I think I would need time really combing through his posts and figuring out what it all means for Chu's alignment. I do think the last scum is in the pool of bard/funk and maybe maven. Where are your thoughts right now though?
Same as I said in 210, unless you're looking for detail.

But what do you think of my 207 specifically? I think my points are really strong there, and they're separate from Bard's play prior to replacement.

Of course, if anyone could convince me otherwise, it would be Pokechu Pokechu .

#HBC | Nabe

We know why Maven voted for Fire but Nabe, why did you?
In 44, Fire went out of his way to say that specifically targeting the SK was the way to go. It's obvious that removing the SK is beneficial, but finding any scum is a shot in the dark until there's a flip to examine. So it's an unnecessary mechanical idea, and flawed, and then he backs off of it when Shish questions it, by suggesting that he misread the rules and thought that the SK dying was an instant game end. But that doesn't actually make sense w.r.t. 44, because nothing Fire said in 44 was predicated on, or mentioned, that false rule idea. So the situation is that Fire said a thing in 44, and then in 46 he latched onto Shish's re-contextualization (45) even though he didn't say anything to do with what Shish said. Shish's 45 just looks like confusion, I don't know why he said it, but Fire dropped his point quickly afterwards.

Fire gets back to "let's get that pesky SK!" in 57 as a response to GLG in 55. But again, GLG said getting the SK first would be beneficial, but that he couldn't conceive of a way to do it. Fire said, "I agree, the SK should take priority in searching," which still has nothing to do with how to accomplish that. He walks that back in 60 after Bard's 59, where Bard says, "there's really no way to actually prioritize the SK, so let's all stop discussing it." But Fire was basically the only one discussing it.

In 81, Fire made a big deal of Kantrip's joke about having caught Fire as an SK. In 89, he said his only town read is Kantrip, but Soup cut that down in 91 and 93, without appropriate responses from Fire.

After that is when Bard gave Fire credit for a town slip in 44/46, and referred to Fire as non-goon (repeated in 130). It was invalid, and no one else cared but Bard, which I believe caused him to later drop that bad point and become more neutral towards Fire. The rest of Bard's reads were non-committal (credit to Soup). So Fire was a combo read for me with Bard in some respects.

In 137, Fire posted a weird distancing from Bard's wall, and called Bard a good FBI check with basically no provocation. In 141, Fire called Bard non-goon as well, calling him an SK lean. That's absolutely meaningless, there's no reason to think that. Fire said there, "If he's caught by the FBI agent, that's the SK gone," which is true, and also the whole point of the agent being in the setup. So 137 and 141 (and 156) looked a lot like a concerted push from Fire to get FBI onto Bard. That's either because Fire really did think Bard was SK (very unlikely) or because Bard is Fire's mafia partner, and getting an SK clear can be enormously beneficial for mafia's Day play.

In 146, Bard backed off on the Fire town-slip idea, and listed Fire, me and Maven as lynches for Day 1. In 158, he says he would actually go for Kantrip, Soup, or Fire, but that me and Maven being inactive were getting in the way of those lynches. 161, he clarifies again to say that anyone could really be scum, but accuses Fire of being non-committal to his Bard read. In my view this is a progression from an untenable town read on Fire, to then lump him with inactives, and finally to settle on calling him wishy-washy and a sheep.

Again, I was already looking at Fire + Bard before the Fire lynch, so any points on Bard were reflections on the Fire lynch. I ended up on Fire over Bard because Fire had more independent scum points, but also because voting Fire over Bard broke the tie with Maven.

#HBC | Nabe

On Bard as well, I don't like that he left a few of my posts unanswered. One was from the end of Day 1.

I can answer this.

Bardull obviously played a flawless game as sk in Nabe's mafia proving that he is very capable of playing as a town-disguised sk. Because of that, I'm very wary of him in general, irrespective of what he's posted so far. That said, I'm not yet getting sk vibes from his this game. I'm going to have to spike this post with a least a little wine by saying that I highly doubt the sk would bring up the idea of everyone claiming who'd they cop in the thread to ultimately clear players. Not only did he bring up the idea but he mildly fought for it as well. It would be suicide for the sk to bring up the idea, when no one else was thinking about it, and then it try to convince others that it's a good idea. It makes the most sense for a townie or mafioso to bring up the idea since it helps both of them by removing night kills and by gaining them townie points.
Why did you go out of your way to say this, when Soup's question was to Fire?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
On Bard as well, I don't like that he left a few of my posts unanswered. One was from the end of Day 1.

Why did you go out of your way to say this, when Soup's question was to Fire?
Honestly? I had an opinion on the topic. There was little to go on day one and with half of my reads being based on less, I felt it was an opportunity to contribute. Afterward, I did wish that I had let Fire answer first and made it clear that I was not answering for him.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Same as I said in 210, unless you're looking for detail.

But what do you think of my 207 specifically? I think my points are really strong there, and they're separate from Bard's play prior to replacement.

Of course, if anyone could convince me otherwise, it would be Pokechu Pokechu .
I agree that you bring up a lot of strong points about Bard. I think part of his day one play was to say half truths about situations, like how his vote for maven was for the right reasons and how aggressive Kantrip and Soup were being towards him. Also my 209 was a list of posts that I thought could be added to reasons why bard was scum.

The reason I was asking you was more to see which way you wanted to lean with at the end of this day phase. As exciting as the fire wagon in the last ten minutes of the phase, I wanted to have a more clear direction of who we were going to lynch this day phase. While my vote is on Funk Currently, if people aren't as sold on that I would be ready to lynch Pokechu. I would rather give Pokechu a chance to discuss Bard's actions before we lynch him, but I'm not entirely sure if we'll get that chance.

#HBC | Nabe

Vote: Funk

I've been going back and forth on whether I want Pokechu Pokechu to be toDay's lynch, but I think I've just been confusing myself and over-thinking the plays. I think Chu is absolutely mafia, while Funk is the best shot at SK. If Funk were to flip town, Chu still can't cause any trouble toMorrow when it's SK v.s. Agent. Leaving Chu in and shooting for SK is the healthiest play.

This is a bit of an activity read for me, because the only people talking are the three of us, and I'm townreading GLG. But it's also based on the Day 1 post that Funk made about Mayo Clinic, which focused on keeping a wariness of Bard in this game because he had been SK in that game. It felt forced and out-of-context. I'll go into more detail in an hour or so.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #248):
  • Disfunkshunal: 2 (giraffelasergun, #HBC | Nabe)
  • Pokechu: 1 (Disfunkshunal)

Not currently voting: Maven89, Pokechu, #HBC | ѕoup

4 hours remain in this phase.
With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I really was trying to make use of this deadline how ironic lol

There's only like

Three hours left

LOL

:'^(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And I'm on mobile!!!!!!!!!!!! CRIMINAL!!!!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I shouldn't have taken that six hour nap yesterday... omg

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well I guess I can say this

I'm not sure why Bard is so scum read? He did fakeclaim FBI agent but that's just a gambit, it's happened in the past with Shish claiming Neapolitan in Mutton. He was kinda chummy with Fire but he never committed to a town read

I personally was townreading Barney throughout LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sorry Barney for just getting your slot killed LOL ;(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Woe is me

I guess I can try and OMGUS someone but man MOBILE?????

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well I mean it's two on Funky and one on me so yeah I'm not dead yet but I can't really make a banger case on mobile

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Is there someone you would make a banger case on? Have you read up?
I'm behind by like a page, ngl I liked Barney's walls but they did tire me LOL

But some of Funky's posts kind of rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like he was a bit combative at times when it wasn't needed? Maybe it's just how I've only played w him in GoT

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So I'd make the post against Funky

Or Disco

Disco's a cool nickname

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'd honestly shoot Maven now tho if I had a gun

If town mislynches it's 2 scum 3 town

Then it can go to 2 2 with the sk shot

I forget if it'd end then, I don't think it would? But if Maven made it that far I wouldn't exactly trust him to be town

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And Maven will make it that far because SK knows it'll be an easy lynch

But idk, if he is townie and we lynch him, we still might be better off because other lynch candidates have been posting (but not me COUGH LOL)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It felt forced and out-of-context.
It's no different than people being wary of van in got. Essentially, he's the only player in this Gabe 9 that has completely fooled me. You might have been up there too if I wasn't in the rip pm of star wars.

Regardless, gambling here over a lock is not the play. Even if pokechu can't win at this point, you're betting your win con on him cooperating.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
One arguments for not lynching Maven yesterday was that fire's flip would give us more info. Did it really?

Maven has still been mia making my point, that he's either anti-town or dead weight, still accurate. Bardull/pokechu is still the top scum choice, and while I can't say for certain, I'm not sure that Fire would have been able to redeem himself.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'll definitely reevaluate my play for my next game but I still stand by my choice for Maven,given the information I had at the time, and while I see now that it wasn't much of a contribution, I don't think that acknowledging another player (not slot) is a threat) is inherently bad albeit it is unnecessary.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Well I guess I can say this

I'm not sure why Bard is so scum read? He did fakeclaim FBI agent but that's just a gambit, it's happened in the past with Shish claiming Neapolitan in Mutton. He was kinda chummy with Fire but he never committed to a town read

I personally was townreading Barney throughout LOL
Which posts of bards are reading town to you? I think the biggest problem with the walls is that he posted a big one that was missing an action to take after it, it wasn’t posted with a “this is a suggested play” part after it but was just sort of there??? Idk, this game feels like it’s been going on forever I think I need to reread a lot this night phase going into tomorrow

#HBC | Nabe

I'd honestly shoot Maven now tho if I had a gun

If town mislynches it's 2 scum 3 town

Then it can go to 2 2 with the sk shot

I forget if it'd end then, I don't think it would? But if Maven made it that far I wouldn't exactly trust him to be town
It wouldn't end, it would be a situation where we have to lynch SK, then mafia.

And Maven will make it that far because SK knows it'll be an easy lynch

But idk, if he is townie and we lynch him, we still might be better off because other lynch candidates have been posting (but not me COUGH LOL)
Unless the SK suspects Maven of being the agent.

I like to think that Maven would be more engaged as SK. He could be mafia, that's not impossible. I'm suspicious of anyone selling Maven as a valuable lynch over other more active players.

It's no different than people being wary of van in got. Essentially, he's the only player in this Gabe 9 that has completely fooled me. You might have been up there too if I wasn't in the rip pm of star wars.

Regardless, gambling here over a lock is not the play. Even if pokechu can't win at this point, you're betting your win con on him cooperating.
How so? If Chu wanted to tie votes toMorrow, which is the only way he could throw a wrench, and then he tied the tiebreaker, it's a coin flip for him getting lynched instead.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Results:
  • Disfunkshunal: 2 (giraffelasergun, #HBC | Nabe)
  • Pokechu: 1 (Disfunkshunal)

Not voting: Maven89, Pokechu, #HBC | ѕoup

Jareth the Goblin King

I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave.

You are Jareth, the Goblin King, and the antagonist of the 1986 film Labyrinth, portrayed by his fabulousness David Bowie in incredibly tight pants. At the behest of Sarah, an ordinary teenage girl who is sick of her infant brother, you come and kidnap the child, forcing Sarah to embark on a dangerous adventure through the Labyrinth to rescue him within 13 hours, or lose him forever. Despite being the antagonist, you're arguably the most popular thing to come out of that film, almost entirely due to Bowie being indescribably hot. And probably helped by those really tight pants. Just be careful not to poke anyone's eyes out with that... thing.

== Vanilla Townie ==
  • You have no special abilities of your own - only your voice and your vote.
  • You are aligned with the Town.
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Hmph. Turns out the Goblin King had no involvement in the art crime scene at all. We thought for sure he'd be a likely suspect, but that's how it goes. We did find some missing children holed up in his lair, though, so it's not a complete loss. He's got no more power over them.

----------------------------------------------------

Night 2 begins now!

The deadline is 24 hours from now (6pm UTC, November 3rd).

If the Serial Killer and FBI Agent submit their actions in time, the phase may end earlier.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup
The Thin White Duke

The return of the Thin White Duke, throwing darts in lovers' eyes...

You are the Thin White Duke, a character first appearing in Bowie's 1975 tours and featuring prominently in his 1976 album Station to Station. Often regarded as one of Bowie's most sinister creations (behind the Tonight album, of course), the Thin White Duke exudes an air of nobility and sings songs of love with apparent boundless passion - but behind that charming exterior lies no soul at all. Ice masquerading as fire. The Thin White Duke years are some of the strangest of Bowie's life - most stories from this time aren't suitable to print here, but are worth looking up in your own time.

== Mafia Goon ==
  • You are aligned with the Mafia.
  • You win when the Serial Killer is dead, and the Mafia equals 50% or more of the remaining players (or nothing can prevent this).
  • In 1v1 endgames between a Mafia Goon and the Serial Killer, the Serial Killer wins.

Thomas Jerome Newton

The strange thing about television is that it doesn't tell you everything. It shows you everything about life on Earth, but the true mysteries remain. Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

You are Thomas Jerome Newton, main character of the 1975 film The Man Who Fell to Earth, portrayed by David Bowie. Newton is an alien who travels to Earth in order to bring water back to his home planet, which is suffering from a terrible drought, but along the way he falls afoul of the many vices of our world; in many ways, Newton is essentially indistinguishable from Bowie himself as he was in 1975.

== Vanilla Townie ==
  • You are aligned with the Town.
  • You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The scene we found in that apartment was utterly bizarre. The fridge was full of nothing but red peppers, milk, and jars of some foul-smelling yellow liquid - we'll need to do further tests on that stuff. And its former occupant was no less bizarre - the nobleman and cabaret singer known only as the Thin White Duke. Dressed to impress, but with skin so pale it was almost translucent - he looked like some alien who had fallen to Earth.

It looks like our art murderer came for him in the night, but he managed to escape. The last we heard of him, he'd happened across some down-on-his-luck window cleaner trying to chat up a girl, but of course the girl recognised the Duke instantly and decided to run off with him instead. Oh well, he's out of town now, and not dealing in these "art crime" pieces any more, so he's not our problem.

Moral of the story - the only man who can steal girls from David Bowie, is David Bowie.

The Mafia have been defeated!​

Day 3 begins now!

The deadline is 48 hours from now (6pm UTC, November 5th).

In 24 hours (6pm UTC, November 4th), majority lynch comes into effect. With 4 players alive, if a player reaches 3 votes after this point, they will be lynched immediately and the phase will end.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Maven89 Maven89 Pokechu Pokechu

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I believe Maven mostly because:
1) I know I’m not the FBI agent
2) Bard would have checked me N1 and if he didn’t he wouldn’t have done his day 2 gambit, knowing that I wasn’t the SK.
3) something nabe posted day 2 really led me to believe he wasn’t the FBI agent.

I’m going to let nabe post before I vote but I’m leaning toward him today

#HBC | Nabe

Maven made a lucky pick, since I am the real agent, and thus the only player he could have gotten a claim on.

Town
Bard
Soup
GLG
Maven
Funk
SK
I investigated Bard Night 1. That's why Bard is at the top of this order, and that's why I was so completely confident that he was mafia: I thought he was scum but knew that he wasn't SK.

Maven was my target last Night. He came back guilty. I chose him because, after Funk, I had no scumreads, and Maven simply wasn't participating in the thread, so it would clear him up. I also picked Maven because I thought that if he was town, he was the least likely player to get shot, meaning I'd have him as a living SK clear toDay instead of a dead one.

If Maven had actually posted yesterDay, I think we would have seen him agreeing with my mafia read on Bard/Chu. I very much doubt he intended to shoot mafia last Night. He probably thought that Soup was a good agent pick.

Vote: Maven

#HBC | Nabe

I figured in this group of players that the FBI agent would at least let things play out, especially since they likely targeted me last night.

I confess I also wanted to have some fun and make the game interesting for everyone LOL!

Not quite the level of CC'ing dayvig but it is what it is.
This was spot-on, which is why I completely ignored Bard's FBI agent claim and didn't make a single post mentioning it.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Smashboards is being crashboards for me right now so I'm hoping soonish it'll decide to fix itself soonish, but I'm going to restart my computer rn and hope that fixes it.

Top Bottom