• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Too Much David Bowie mafia - Endgame: A Macabre Shrine of Remains

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
GLG's response was sensible and something anyone would do even if he was the SK, I don't feel anything was gained. I'm trying to wrap my head around the last scum member and the SK and it's always tricky given that I think SK would perpetuate isolated behavior over a mate who would at least sub-consciously have someone's back. This puts me (and everyone else) in a stupid spot but right now I'm of the opinion that the last mate wasn't trying to bus Fire for townie cred, and at worst happenstance. Does this make Bardull/Funk prime suspects? I know I have my reservations about Bardull but I find myself agreeing with GLG right now about Funk on circumstance, even if I was initially OK with him. I also find his defense pretty shallow that doesn't really open up alternatives and is just reiterating behavior and trying to address in the process he would make it as town, so if it came down to GLG/Funk I'd definitely favor GLG at least in terms of not being mafia.

Vote: Disfunkshunal

Other thoughts to be discussed after I play wizzrobe in smash 64

Maven89

Smash Master
So I'm actually going on vacation tomorrow, but I should be able to post from my phone, since I'm visiting my family/nephew and this won't take long to read. I'll get into this tomorrow

BarDulL

Town Vampire
General thoughts before I reread D1 over:

Prolly obvious but just to be transparent: don't think GLG is a goon based on the way he went out of his way to target FE, so there's that.

Nabe had the opportunity to let his mate live and take aim at myself or Maven instead, which I have to think would be optimal for the goon squad, so he likely gets a pass as well for goon-ville.

It's funny that Soup mentioned he feels good about Maven. I kinda feel this way too but not sure if we have the same reasons. I kinda just want Maven to come clean and say what's on his mind regardless, lol. I hope Maven isn't actually just hardcore not involved as scum.

I haven't looked too closely into Disfunk's responses. Obviously, like everyone else has hashed over, Disfunk was on Maven alongside FE. Feels like it would be a pretty obvious pair, but having played with disfunk, I'm not sure I immediately buy this answer to the riddle juuuust yet, I'll think it over and come back to it.

Soup wasn't voting anyone, so we're in a similar boat, except he's likely not perceived as much of a silly goose as myself in this game :<. Here's my thing about a Soup/FE scum team: if they're scum together, that means that Soup was basically playing soft-ball with FE on D1 (referring to all the questions Soup was asking). Would he do this as the goon?

Time to reread.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Looking over the game where I posted my phat wall and towards the end of D1.

Out of context, the wall sucked and my reaction sucked, as well as my reaction to Kantrip. I mean, nothing was getting done and we were twiddling our thumbs. Guess I've been in a consistently weird mood about this game since the first posts after I've joined. It just feels awfully slow. I want some freaky-deeky action, y'know? Maybe it's the nature of the set up, or the low volume of players (I mean, we were 8 starting out). Anyone feel me on this? Absolutely no offense to Moy of course. I think it's just the nature of the set-up and its propensity to be unforgiving. Maybe no one wants to be the one to lose the war for the Town? Or we're all just busy folk? I don't want to be accused of talking about mechanics though, so I'll drop it there.

Guess it's the writer in me. I just wanna get the ball rollin', even if I come off as a supreme goofball. At least the green room is tearing me apart. :awesome:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
But uh, yeah, I was wrong about FE. This happens to me on occasion when I think someone “slips” but they just either fundamentally didn’t understand the game set up from the start or it’s possible that it was faked. What sense is there in a goon thinking the game immediately ends if the SK gets hardbodied? And to so apparently try to deflect attention from the goons????? Surely he would have spoken to his scum partner about this???? (No offense FE, I mean maybe you did fake it but in that case you must have no shame LOL).
You say you were 'wrong', but you didn't actually commit to a townread on Fire. In 146, you say that you're fine with his lynch despite the town-slip, as long as that's what town wanted. And you referred to that as a read "if you need a hard answer right now," also naming me and Maven in the same pile. And while I understand those two reads as inactive ones (although they were also the two player slots voting for you at the time), it doesn't lend strength to your townread of Fire that you would lump him in the same boat.

After that post, you presumably went to bed, and Kantrip said that his vote (Fire at the time) would be rigid from that point. When you woke up, you briefly threw shade for Shish replacing out, but then went hard on Kantrip and voted for him, for what I don't think is meaningful reasoning. The next post immediately following that is you suggesting annoyance about people being on Maven, which you refer to as the lynch you were on. Not a defense of him, mind, just saying that you feel it's hypocritical of them. At the moment, it was only Funk voting Maven, but phrasing the wagon as "I don't think you guys are doing it for the right reasons" makes it sound larger and more credible. I don't think that's meaningful by necessity, since Maven was tied with you and Fire at that point, but it does dovetail with how Fire voted Maven and treated that lynch as finished rather than fighting his own lynch.

Since I'm stepping into a connections case at this point, Fire comes in shortly after, and suggests you as an FBI check in the same post where he votes Maven. He says he has some trouble reading you. But it's actually in response to Funk, who asked Fire to elaborate on his stated scumread on you. Fire backs off of his scumread on you there, rather than taking the opportunity to sharpen it that Funk provided, and votes for Maven. He went in a weird direction with the read when voting you would have been three votes at the time.

What did you think of Funk bringing up Mayo Clinic and their general wariness of you as a result? 174 also.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
In a magical world where everything is cool both Funk/Bardull can be the two anti-town we're looking for

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Bard's 152, 153, 154, 158 are really emotionally charged and initially I thought they were "frustrated town" but after what's been going on this day phase I'm starting to view them as more of an AtE strategy from scum. But I also think I'm probably a little biased commenting on Bard right now. I'm going to bed, I'll try to make a post tomorrow morning when I'm at work but I'm open to the idea of a bard scum.

In a magical world where everything is cool both Funk/Bardull can be the two anti-town we're looking for
This post has my complete and utter endorsement.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I was frustrated. Kantrip just jumped along with Soup and said my wall was a waste of time, and I'm starting to believe them. Even though we were moving at a turtle's pace. I really just wanted to get the ball moving.

I didn't think you'd react this way honestly to the gambit.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So, uh, assuming you're genuinely upset GLG, I'm sorry for doing that. I had a strong feeling the FBI agent checked me, so I figured he would likely let the opportunity play out. In my opinion, you are the least likely to be the goon, and in the best position as the SK. I really didn't think you were gonna react that way. I just figured it would be a good opportunity to try and clear you before moving on.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Man, now I just want to replace out, but I'm not sure Pokechu would want to be in my position, lol.

Pokechu Pokechu would you be interested in playing? Kinda put off about some stuff and I think it's just affecting my play in general.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I know I said I was going to bed but I checked but the thread and I think it would be better if i made this post now than if I waited until the morning.

Bard, in your 158 on Day one you made a post that I felt like was trying to connect with me on an emotional level, and after reading that post I genuinely believed you were town and thought that soup was intentionally throwing FUD at you. If you noticed I asked you a few questions towards the end of Day 1 and the beginning of Day 2 because you were someone whose input I felt like I could actually use as a way to navigate this game.

When the gambit happened, I was definitely shocked because while i knew you thought I was the SK I also thought I was someone you wanted to work with. If you do think I’m the SK, by all means please post reasons as to why you think I’m the SK and we can have a bit of a back and forth. I’ve been having a really good time this game and I want to keep doing that.

@Nabe: I think we need to Lynch for the SK today, mostly because if we don’t get the SK today tomorrow is a 4 man mylo. If we also hit the SK then we can go into tomorrow’s with 5 people and strategically approach the day in a much easier way to win. I don’t want to say what I think the strategy is right now, but I’ll talk about it next day phase

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ehhh, here’s my stance on things GLG.

As a mod, I feel compelled to stay in and lead by example; I got myself into this mess, and I should be the one to pull myself out of it or get buried regardless of alignment. That said, I’ll stick it out if Pokechu doesn’t want to replace, but I’m a bit disenfranchised.

I think, in general, my emotions got the best of me this game, likely due to work stress (was posting from my job site on Sunday instead of chillin’ on 6th with the cuties). My opening posts were great, then it all went downhill. Whomp whomp. I wasn’t really focused on garnering allies this game.

I think, on paper, what I did was a townsided thing to do. I am working with you. But I also want to work with Town. A part of me felt that there was no harm in testing your slot in my position given the overwhelming support for my slot to be checked (99% certain I was checked but could be wrong of course). Nothing else was going on in the thread (literally), and you were the one I designated with my cop check, so it came off as the most believable for a gambit. I didn’t expect you to react that way though, and it almost feels like I betrayed your expectations even from outside of the game, which kinda hits deep (if you’re scum though then we’ll laugh about how you just played me so hard LOL, but yeah).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Announcement:
BarDulL BarDulL has been replaced by Pokechu Pokechu .

----------------------------------------------------​

Current vote count (as of post #216):
  • giraffelasergun: 1 (Pokechu)
  • Disfunkshunal: 1 (#HBC | ѕoup)
  • Pokechu: 1 (giraffelasergun)

Not currently voting: #HBC | Nabe, Maven89, Disfunkshunal

31 hours remain in this phase.
Majority lynch begins in 7 hours. With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I started typing this yesterday during the commute and didn't finish. Came back in last night, reevaluated after seeing Bardull's claim and left before his reveal. Came back this morning and reevaluated again after reading.

All that to say that this might but be the most organized post, so feel free to ask for classification on anything.

===
Maven wasn't a scum read. Maven was a "I don't have a solid read so I choose to eliminate the player that's either a townie doing nothing or scum escaping detection". Fire was my least neutral read.

Maven has always been a "if no one else vote" for me, and Funk and fire both voting for him at like early this morning really gave me pause. Would you be OK with voting fire?
We were in the exact same boat. The only difference is that you have more availability around deadline. Up until this post, in each post you mentioned being ok with lynching fire or Maven.

I fully anticipated being able to check the thread up until about 3 hours out from deadline and to be able to react to fire's response but it didn't work that way.

My point about Nabe is -- I didn't vote to hang this slot, despite finding shish suspicious, because I didn't find Nabe suspicious. Had shish not subbed, my votewould have been there.

Bardull/you are my likeliest candidates for scum. I stated why Bardull yesterday. As for you -- you seem to be trying hard to tie me and fire together. You did advocate to hang fire but I don't recall you trying especially hard. I'll reread when i get home to see if I can confirm that. Iirc, while no one was certain, I don't think anyone felt especially good about fire and I could understand busing him because of that.

What I'm trying to be cautious of is responsibly walking the line between omgus and this is actually scum attempting to set me up. When I evaluate my own play, I much more understandably see ties to Bardull and soup than I do to fire.

===

Ok, so I read everything posted in between yesterday and today and I'm relieved that Bardull's gambit was fake because I would have had to throw everything out. I don't/didn't believe that giraffe was sk and at that point I was still feeling good about a scum lean on Bardull.

Anyone here can feel free to disagree but it doesn't look like giraffelasergun giraffelasergun convinced anyone to vote fire. To be clear, you never claimed you did, but I still could see this being a bus. You could take away your vote, and any post you made after I voted for Maven, and the day phase would have still ended with fire hanging. That's such an easy bus. No one had fire as a town read, only neutral or scum.

We know why Maven voted for Fire but Nabe, why did you?

I also feel more confident in my assessment of giraffe now because I didn't feel the same sense of omgus after soup voted for me. Giraffes charge against me feels much more forced.

The more Bardull talks, the more confused I am about him. If I look just at him -- He keeps doing these big acts, the wall + the claim, but big results don't come out of them. I don't get the impression that he's trying to appear town through these acts because there are more effective ways to do so and he knows it. What he is doing is drawing a lot of attention to himself. That in and out itself seems decidedly anti scum -- getting in the spotlight and then just standing there. Because of that, I'm beginning to feel that he may be less scum and more, just a genuinely bored townie. That said, his relationship with fire is still very noteworthy. I want to do a full reread of the thread but right now, I'm less confident in this scum read than I was before.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
What are your thoughts on Soup and Bard? If Maven's activity doesn't change today would you still lynch him at the end of the day over others? I'll answer both of these questions after if you want me to, but I really want to see your thoughts first.

Also prefurnished places are so nice, because
Forgot this part -- No, it should be easier to ascertain a direction to go in today than it is on day 1. Additionally, it's a much larger gamble today. If Maven flips town we go into day 3 down three townies and end much closer to losing. I've also decided that Maven is more likely sk than mafia if anti-town and we have the resources to figure out his alignment pre-flip.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Last post before I disappear for a bit--

Town
Maven
Soup
Nabe
Glg/Bard
Mafia

Town
Soup
Bard
GLG
Maven/Nabe
SK

I'm interested to hear soup's, Nabe's, Pokechu's, and Maven's in depth analysis. It'll help me sort out the slashed spots

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Me and Bard SCREAMED at each other

I started it guys I'll be honest, I just really wanted my ticket to the cool kids' table

but I bullied Bard enough into quitting the game everyone, so welcome your overlord :troll:

first things first though

vote Pokechu

we didn't do it D1 guys but it's not too late

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #222):
  • Disfunkshunal: 1 (#HBC | ѕoup)
  • Pokechu: 2 (giraffelasergun, Pokechu)

Not currently voting: #HBC | Nabe, Maven89, Disfunkshunal

24 hours remain in this phase.
Majority lynch begins now! With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
O dang only twenty four hours left

Okay guys I'll really try to catch up to the thread

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Nabe: I think we need to Lynch for the SK today, mostly because if we don’t get the SK today tomorrow is a 4 man mylo. If we also hit the SK then we can go into tomorrow’s with 5 people and strategically approach the day in a much easier way to win. I don’t want to say what I think the strategy is right now, but I’ll talk about it next day phase
Your vote is on Bard now Chu. So you think Chu is more likely to be SK than mafia? Or he's a candidate for both?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oooo this ain't it chief

Unvote Pokechu
Vote deadline extension

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I had some work to do last night but managed to get to the fourth page but I'm not gonna be able to churn out epiphanies in the last six hours, I'm not even home!!! LOL :laugh:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, this did fall at a bad time, with yesterday being Halloween, and today being the Smash Direct, plus whatever else people might have going on. If people want to go for a 24-hour extension, I'm open to that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It's a democracy guys!!! :'^)

Vote Beto

I mean

vote for the extension! :)

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Your vote is on Bard now Chu. So you think Chu is more likely to be SK than mafia? Or he's a candidate for both?
I don't think I can really differentiate that well between who is mafia and who is the SK. Bard was a huge can of wifom for me internally and there's a few reasons I think he could be scum and there a few reasons I think he could be town, but I think I would need time really combing through his posts and figuring out what it all means for Chu's alignment. I do think the last scum is in the pool of bard/funk and maybe maven. Where are your thoughts right now though?

I'm going to switch back over to Vote:Funk for today, and tomorrow I think it'll be good to look at Bardchu(Pokedull?) more in depth.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Meant to post this morning--

Real quick:

Realized giraffe probably isn't mafia. He would have had to think more long term to pull off a bus like that and he's demonstrated a greater focus for what's in front of him.

Accepted that Bardull probably is mafia. Even though i don't think scum would draw attention to themselves with the fbi gambit like bard did, bard was off this game and I think that would have affected his decision to make that play. His interactions with fire erased doubt I had.

On my town flip, fbi Nabe.

Vote: pokechu

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Idk if I skimmed or not, it was kinda late when I started reading, but I feel like Funky has some sort of aggression to this slot

But IDK maybe it was in my head

I really don't like this vote though because he should at least wait until I make posts and junk

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Announcement:
The deadline has been extended by 24 hours. This is a one-off, there won't be any more deadline extensions in this game.
26 hours remain in this phase. less 4 minutes because this is slightly late, blame Crashboards
Votes for the deadline extension have been unset and now count as not voting.

Current vote count (as of post #235):
  • Disfunkshunal: 1 (giraffelasergun)
  • Pokechu: 1 (Disfunkshunal)

Not currently voting: #HBC | Nabe, Maven89, Pokechu, #HBC | ѕoup

Last edited:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Idk if I skimmed or not, it was kinda late when I started reading, but I feel like Funky has some sort of aggression to this slot

But IDK maybe it was in my head

I really don't like this vote though because he should at least wait until I make posts and junk
Lol I DID wait. Without the extension I would have died regardless but I wanted to die with my stance known.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Lol I DID wait. Without the extension I would have died regardless but I wanted to die with my stance known.
The vote wasn't necessary now is what I'm saying, because the deadline was extended

You're putting that vote on me for the actions of someone else

If it came a few hours before yeah slap that sucker down but now that we have 24 hours voting me is hasty imo

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The vote wasn't necessary now is what I'm saying, because the deadline was extended

If it came a few hours before yeah slap that sucker down but now that we have 24 hours voting me is hasty imo
Deadline was extended after I voted.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

Have you gotten a chance to catch up yet? Bard was a questionmark for most people at best and a scum read by most, and then he fake claimed the fbi agent, there's a lot to unpack for you.

Top Bottom