• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Tom Nook is the face of Nintendo's newest up and coming series Animal Crossing. It combines addictive gameplay with cutsey characters. The story starts with you having to work for Tom nook to pay of a loan on your brand new house! He also provides you with updates for your home and even after you've payed him off you see him every single day still. He did appear in one the background for the stage Smashville in Brawl however he had his nephew Timmy and Tommy's head and one of his more obscure outfits which doesn't really make sense. The AC logo in Brawl is the logo on Nook's apron (not in my recoloured pictured) and on Nook's Cranny.

I drew me up some Nook Pictures

B - Slingshot - Nook charges up a shot with a slingshot and fires it.
B ^ - Umbrella Glide - same as Peach
B > - Item Whack - Nook pulls out either a shovel, Axe, Net or Fighing Rod and whacks you with it
B v - Ball Kick - Nook kicks a random ball

His super: Population Mauling: Tom opens a door and a sea of villagers come out and attack foes.

And here is a kick arse picture by the Kick arse Plan 9

My re-colours

xianfeng

Smash Hero
for his down B he could throw a random item at you shovel, axe, net or fishing rod each does different damage axe would do the most, shovel 2nd most, fishing rod 3rd most and net the least

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I think Animal Crossing characters would be better off serving as cameo appearances rather than full-fledged playable characters. Does anyone from that game look like they have a fighting spirit?
I guess it'd still be better that having a nintendog playable - that would be just ridiculous...

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Lord_Deathborne said:
I think Animal Crossing characters would be better off serving as cameo appearances rather than full-fledged playable characters. Does anyone from that game look like they have a fighting spirit?
I guess it'd still be better that having a nintendog playable - that would be just ridiculous...

There are characters that are obsessed with training like Poncho the Bear.

But I'd like to see one as a joke character really.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Lord_Deathborne said:
Indeed.
I would rather see Pitfall seeds as an item or the Village as a stage (townsfolk walking on the background, and Mr. Resetti emerges randomly to attack you at full rage :chuckle: ).

burrito

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
I never really thought Mr.Game&Watch had the "fighting spirit" either. I think he would be similar type of character. They should either have Tom Nook or K.K.Rider

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Crownjo said:
Worst suggestion ever. Tom Nook would suck as a playable smasher
If you don't like my suggestion then at least put it nicely not make yourself seem like an arsehole

they had a joke character in SSBM (Pichu) why can't they have one in SSBB?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Xianfeng, while he could have put it in nicer terms, you don't need to report it. He merely disagreed with your suggestion; he didn't attack you personally. You need to learn to take criticism a bit better, even if it's in an abrupt and possibly rude fashion.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
I don't agree with Tom Nook. I like the series, but he just doesn't feel fit for the game.
Pichu didn't either but eh he's in there, Pichu's the melee joke character such as Tom Nook would be for Brawl

Ixplis

Smash Rookie
Nintendo has taken plenty of characters that I wouldn't think would make it in a SSB fight, and put them in games, so I wouldn't be too amazed if he's in. I would personally prefer to just see animal crossing items, levels, etc. rather than as playable characters. I espescially like the level idea.

Trjn

Smash Cadet
Nintendo only really has two recent series that come to mind that you would expect to have some inclusion in Brawl.

First is Pikmin, t'other is Animal Crossing.

I honestly can't see why someone like Tom Nook or K.K.Rider (is that his name? I can't remember, it's been a while, but he does have a trophy in Melee) shouldn't be included, they do fit right into the atmosphere of anyone and everyone that the previous two games seem to have.

I wouldn't mind seeing a proposed moveset though, just for ****s and giggles.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I think they should give Tom Nook the fighting, karate spirit. His gentle Tanuki appearance is deceiving; he would look so comical. He should be given attacks with the least lag in the game.

I am being totally serious in this post. I am not being sarcastic.

EDIT: OOOHHH!!! His B+forward could be like a ninja star, but using instead his leaves.

And do you guys know that in Japanese legends, Tanuki have the ability to shapeshift? He could be a much better character than Ditto :p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Tom Nook has the ultimate move: debt. You can't do anything until you pay him money. So if you don't have any coins when you face him, you lose.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I think an Animal Crossing-based stage would be cool as some have suggested, but the most aggression I've ever seen from Tom Nook is when he yells at you for not wearing your work uniform. Kinda hard to picture him tooling on Marth, don't you think?

Heh heh, just think. An Animal Crossing stage with a breakable Nook's Cranny. A character crashes into it, and it breaks into about 4 or 5 pieces and disappears, leaving Tom Nook in there with the shelves of merchandise and a shocked expression. Then you can watch him get all bent and red-faced and have that smoke puff come out of his head like they have in the game. (maybe even a "$%&#" or two)

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Whaaaat?? You guys don't think Tom Nook would fit well in a game that has a giant turtle, electric rats, a bounty hunter, race car driver, two princesses, plumbers, puffballs, a fox, and multiple swordsman? I think he'd fit right in! LOL

If nothing else, I think he'd be extremely fun to play as. They could either give him moves based around items from the Animal Crossing world (shovel, axe, fishing rod, furniture, etc.) and/or expressions (angry, sad, etc.).

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Okay guys, lets not go over board with who is going to be in SSBB.
We should all forget the fact that any of us thinking of ever putting a dimwit character like Tom Nook (who is in a game where the worst thing you can do is hit sombody on the head with a net and can't even knock them out) into the SSBB crew.

If he was in there so would all these characters
Sonic
Tails
Eggman
Caterpiee
shyguy
Frog Mario
Paper Mario
Mega Man
Captin America
baby Mario
Daisy
Waluigi
Diddy kong
and yes, even PEPSI.
Definatly not all would make it on to SSBB but if they had enough time to fit every character in they would definatly put these in before Tom Nook. I would hate to have tom nook in SSBB. Just NO.

burrito

Smash Lord
RVD_fan said:
There are so many charecters that should be in before they add Tom nook
I have to disagree. it is Nintendo's first priority to represent their popular franchises, rather than adding random support characters from their other franchises and 3rd party characters. It adds more variety. So, it makes sense for them to add a character from Pikmin and a character from animal crossing.

Tom Nook's moves could be based off his tail, money, and items from animal crossing. I think he could have a pretty unique moveset.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
burrito said:
I have to disagree. it is Nintendo's first priority to represent their popular franchises, rather than adding random support characters from their other franchises and 3rd party characters. It adds more variety. So, it makes sense for them to add a character from Pikmin and a character from animal crossing.

Tom Nook's moves could be based off his tail, money, and items from animal crossing. I think he could have a pretty unique moveset.
Some 3rd party characters aren't just random, they put Snake due to that one guy being friends with the other guy(lol, I don't memorize names >_>) Megaman and sonic would make people who played the megaman and sonic games more interested in this game therefore leading to more sales of the Wii and SSBB. IMO, bringing in 3rd party characters add more variety, not the other way around.

Oh yeah, on topic, I seriously don't want Tom Nook in this or any other AC characters for that matter. Tom Nook just doesn't have that certain something which makes the characters fit for a fighting game. And about Pichu, Pichu is a POKEMON! If you have the games and/or watch the anime you know that the main point of pokemon is to train them and beat the crap out of someone else's so you are declared victor. Pichu has a moveset from the pokemon games and its an electric rat(tom nook is a salesman...) which is why Pichu was put in, not because Nintendo wanted to just put a random joke character in, Pichu has a reason.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
spiritdragon said:
And about Pichu, Pichu is a POKEMON! If you have the games and/or watch the anime you know that the main point of pokemon is to train them and beat the crap out of someone else's so you are declared victor. Pichu has a moveset from the pokemon games and its an electric rat(tom nook is a salesman...) which is why Pichu was put in, not because Nintendo wanted to just put a random joke character in, Pichu has a reason.

Abosolutly right. For all those n00bs who want AC characters to be in SSBB don't go blaming Pichu. Someday your going to run into a pro pichu player and they are going to kick you ***.

burrito

Smash Lord
spiritdragon said:
Some 3rd party characters aren't just random, they put Snake due to that one guy being friends with the other guy(lol, I don't memorize names >_>) Megaman and sonic would make people who played the megaman and sonic games more interested in this game therefore leading to more sales of the Wii and SSBB. IMO, bringing in 3rd party characters add more variety, not the other way around.
When I was talking about more variety, I was referring to just adding support characters. Of course, 3rd party characters add variety and can be fun, but Nintendo characters are most important.

And about Pichu, Pichu is a POKEMON! If you have the games and/or watch the anime you know that the main point of pokemon is to train them and beat the crap out of someone else's so you are declared victor. Pichu has a moveset from the pokemon games and its an electric rat(tom nook is a salesman...) which is why Pichu was put in, not because Nintendo wanted to just put a random joke character in, Pichu has a reason.
I completely agree with you. Pichu is a horrible example. I think that Tom Nook would be a similar character to Mr. Game & Watch. As in Tom Nook wont use a lot of punch and kick moves, instead he will use items and occasionally his tail. Maybe he could thwack you with a fish, or cut you with an axe, or throw furniture at you. Mr.Game & Watch was never a fighting character, it was actually his importance to Nintendo and uniqueness that made him a character. That is why Tom Nook would be so special.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I seriously would rather they put in a Diet Pepsi machine as a playable character than Tom Nook. You have to be in your 30's to even remember the Game + Watch, so nobody really cares (or should care) what he did or how much of a fighter he was. Chucking stuff from his shop at you can only go so far. What'll his special move be called? The Blue Light Special? I'm just not seeing it.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
No!!!!!! I can't stand if Tom Nook is getting a beating!!!!!! ...... Well in my opinion he doesn't fit for smash. But maybe as a joke character. But then again there should put serious characters and don't waste space since nintendo said the characters can't be much... or something like that...

burrito

Smash Lord
Gosh darnit!!!! Tom Nook would not be a joke character. Game & Watch is not a joke character! They are serious characters with unique moves rather than there being 15 characters with swords that all have the same moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought it was really cool how out of place Game & Watch was. Plus, it's awesome to throw sausages at people and yell "SAUSAGES OF DOOM!".

fireyredmystic

Smash Cadet
The chances of them including that wicked, wicked animal is very little. Although there is a higher possibility that he would make a cameo of some sort. Maybe something like a Pokemon, where he will pop out and throw Tunips at you.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Jigglymaster said:
Abosolutly right. For all those n00bs who want AC characters to be in SSBB don't go blaming Pichu. Someday your going to run into a pro pichu player and they are going to kick you ***.
He hurts himself when he attacks! He is proberly gonna be one of the characters removed in SSBB I would be shocked if he wasn't he has the smallest fan base of all the SSBM characters and he is the weakest and most useless and should and proberly will be removed

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Jigglymaster said:
Wait... why does wanting Animal Crossing characters in brawl make us n00bs? I really believe that an AC character has a good (or at least alright) chance of making it into the game, because...

1. Animal Crossing is exclusive to Nintendo, therefore making it meaningful to them
2. Nintendo is very proud of the AC series (as well as Pikmin)
3. Contrary to popular belief, an AC character WOULD fit in well with the other characters with the game- much more than other "realistic" characters

Sanji3000

Smash Rookie
XD I think SSBB needs a joke character, and Tom Nook would be perfect. He could smack people with golden shovels and throw random furniture at people.

Top Bottom