• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
I suppose they could put in a model of him in training mode to vent frustration after he stole all your money in AC. That's a pretty decent cameo.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
That'd be a great addition to the game.

I'd like to see Tom Nook but I doubt he'll be in this game.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Or even better idea, replace sandbag in homerun contest with either

a) Tingle
b) Tom Nook
C) Petey Piranha

Don't know about everyone else, but that makes me happy. I have to go with c though.

Phantom_Sonic

Smash Cadet
Krytha said:
Nintendo has enough joke characters as is without adding more. Basically, you want him to be the same as G+W, but with a different model. If anyone in that game is aggressive, it's Mr. Peanut... whoops, I mean Mr. Resetti.

An Animal Crossing level would be great though...

LOL! Gah! My Leg benders!
Resetti is stuck in the ground...

bbb

Smash Champion
It's a bump, it's a plane.... No, wait, it's just a BUMP!

By the way Tom Nook for Norris Tier!!

Didgeridoo

Smash Rookie
Tom Nook would be so cool in smash bros I could totally see him taking everyones money in a coin battle, and his different costumes being his different uniforms from his various levels of stores.

Feel free to browse but not to carouse ho ho ho ho!

bbb

Smash Champion
Seeing as Tom Nook is a Tanuki, which can turn into statues, he could turn into one like Kirby does.

wow.... This thread got Omega Bumped!

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Tom Nook would be a crappy character for Brawl. What's his special move gonna be? Sell you cheap bling that turns your neck green?
xianfeng said:
and before SSB, Captain Falcon did what? Drive a car that's what
There's a diffrence though. C. Falcon is not only a F-Zero racer, but a bounty hunter on the side, and if he's a bounty hunter he obviously must be able to fight in combat. Tom Nook is just a salesmen.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
SpitFire15 said:
Tom Nook would be a crappy character for Brawl. What's his special move gonna be? Sell you cheap bling that turns your neck green?

There's a diffrence though. C. Falcon is not only a F-Zero racer, but a bounty hunter on the side, and if he's a bounty hunter he obviously must be able to fight in combat. Tom Nook is just a salesmen.
That' not the point we never saw him do anything just like we never saw Fox out of his arwing until Super Smash Brothers for the 64, Tom Nook actually has stuff to base a moveset off like the fact that he is an animal is one, the stuff he sells is another, Captain Falcon had nothing to base a moveset off

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
That' not the point we never saw him do anything just like we never saw Fox out of his arwing until Super Smash Brothers for the 64, Tom Nook actually has stuff to base a moveset off like the fact that he is an animal is one, the stuff he sells is another, Captain Falcon had nothing to base a moveset off
Just look at what I said, man. If C. Falcon is able to be a bounty hunter/street fighter, he has some fighter potential for some moves.

Tom Nook doesn't have a fighting background or anything like that. How does being an animal give a character fighting potential? Cuz if that's the case I could say the same for Fox cuz well, he's a fox.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Zelda and Mr. G & W had no fighting background before Melee, yet they were playable characters. A princess and a 2-dimensional silhouette do NOT have fighting potential. Your arguement is moot.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I'd like to know, before Smash Bros, was it ever said that Falcon was a bounty hunter? Tom Nook easily has fighting potential, he could use items for attacks, like a for a grab he could use the fishing rod to reel someone in, and if G&W could be a fighter, then I see no reason Tom Nook can't be.

n0b

Smash Rookie
Lord_Deathborne said:
Does anyone from that game look like they have a fighting spirit?
Mr. Resetti is completely insane, and weilds a pickaxe, I'd say he sure would fit in fighting. Not sure about Nook though.

Rash

Smash Ace
The idea of Tom Nook in the game is actually quite a riot. It could definitely work.

He already has some of the basic components of a Smash fighter:

-Costumes: He has an array of garments he could wear, based on each of his store upgrades.
-Weapons: Everything from axes, to fishing rods, shovels, and watering cans.
-A background: You've experienced conversations with him that give away his personality, and his past.
-A stage: Anything from Animal Crossing would work. Maybe make the top of Nookington's one of them.

And he'd just be a funny character to play as. :)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'd prefer Totakeke over Tom Nook. I actually don't like him. Of course, he buys my crap, but for the rest, I don't know. K.K. appeals me more.

For Mr. Resetti, I imagine him being "unlocked" after you (soft-)reset your game. Of course, you will need to battle him.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Tom Nook would be a waste of a character . His attacks would be stupid. Diddy and Dixie Kong are fillers just like Waluigi. They would be like DK but quicker and less powerfull.

100links

Smash Ace
GaryCXJk said:
I'd prefer Totakeke over Tom Nook. I actually don't like him. Of course, he buys my crap, but for the rest, I don't know. K.K. appeals me more.

For Mr. Resetti, I imagine him being "unlocked" after you (soft-)reset your game. Of course, you will need to battle him.

or better yet if you reset you'll fight him but you die automatically :mad:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
Tom Nook would be a waste of a character . His attacks would be stupid. Diddy and Dixie Kong are fillers just like Waluigi. They would be like DK but quicker and less powerfull.
your an idiot you know that how is Diddy a filler he has been in every single DK game except Jungle beat, he has had some filler roles but that's not his main thing that's like saying Mario is a filler you're stupid I hope you know that. Diddy would not be a DK clone neither would Dixie as neither of them can pull off any of the moves that DK can

zombie7775

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
your an idiot you know that how is Diddy a filler he has been in every single DK game except Jungle beat, he has had some filler roles but that's not his main thing that's like saying Mario is a filler you're stupid I hope you know that. Diddy would not be a DK clone neither would Dixie as neither of them can pull off any of the moves that DK can
You are too obsessed with the DK series this isnt even a section for talking about DK and Diddy and whoever else no one cares about. If you wernt so single minded maybe you would see that he wouldn't be a good character to have on the game.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
zombie7775 said:
I agree with the Nook part, but Diddy and Dixie being fillers, you, sir, are an idiot. Diddy has started as a main character and had his own game. Also Dixie has been a main too. Not fillers in my account.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Nook is cheap and the only reason he should be in brawl is if he was like Mr. Saturn and could attack him.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
what are u taking about That game is so easy and I paid him off in a little over a week for all the upgrades.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
kaid said:
I think someone's mad about his morgage...
Pwnd.

zombie7775 said:
what are u taking about That game is so easy and I paid him off in a little over a week for all the upgrades.
Since when has the "easiness" of a game had any bearing, whatsoever, on the inclusion of a character in Smash brothers? Most of Kirby's games are arugeably easy- yet he has been a popular character in all three smash incarnations. If you view Animal Crossing as an "easy" game or a game that can be "completed," then I think you might have missed the point of the game.

Seriously though guys, there's no need to bicker about it. If you don't think Nook is a good idea, that's cool, just don't belittle those who want him in Brawl.

Top Bottom