• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tom Nook for SSBB: Far from Deconfirmed.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
xianfeng said:
He hurts himself when he attacks! He is proberly gonna be one of the characters removed in SSBB I would be shocked if he wasn't he has the smallest fan base of all the SSBM characters and he is the weakest and most useless and should and proberly will be removed

You know what? Give me your location so I can beat the s*** out of you with pichu in a game of SSBM.

Oh yeah and also blaming Pichu for being a joke character in the SSB series practicly means that you yourself are saying that AC characters would be joke characters too!

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
Why remove pichu when they could edit the stats?

btw I support tom shnook!

Man I WILL use him.

Furniture,golden shovel,paintbrush, throwing

He wont punch u but attack with projectacles man I WANT him !

COMONM THROW IN HIM AS A JOKE CHARACTOR!

wait not just a joke charactor.........

A JOKE CHARACTOR AAAAAAAND a SERIOUS fighter!

Man I SUPPORT this shnook

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Jigglymaster said:
You know what? Give me your location so I can beat the s*** out of you with pichu in a game of SSBM.

Oh yeah and also blaming Pichu for being a joke character in the SSB series practicly means that you yourself are saying that AC characters would be joke characters too!
Canberra, Australia

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
I hate to bust up your guys' battle of the brawns, but perhaps we should talk about Tom Nook instead of showing off?

I know a lot of people are aginst having clones in Brawl; however, I figure that if it means that there are more playable charcters, then it's great- even if they are clones. I was thinking about it, and Tom Nook could very easily be a heavier clone of Peach. He could retain the turnip throw because in AC you play the "stalk market" with Turnips, he could retain Peach's Up B because there are parasols in the game, for his side B move he could do a similar "bomber" but in a more "tanooki-ish" way. The only B move that would be a stretch would be Nuetral B, but heck, I guess he could pull out Timmy or Tommy and use them as a shield? Haha!

This way, Nook would be a quick add to Brawl and would not take up a unique character spot, but he'd still be in the game!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can understand people wanting a character representing Animal Crossing but, I would much rather have an Animal Crossing stage. Perhaps the edges would be a cliff by the ocean and the pond. Along with a limited number of randomly selected towns folk cheering you on. (like when they clap when you catch a fish) Tom Nook and others could also be seen in the background. Then again the playable kid from Animal Crossing might make a good character. His tools would make good attacks: Down+B Shovel, Grab with Fishing Rod, Net for Neutral B (like when you hit your neighbors with the net!), Axe for a forward B, and Umbrella for Up+B. Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Jigglymaster said:
Okay guys, lets not go over board with who is going to be in SSBB.
We should all forget the fact that any of us thinking of ever putting a dimwit character like Tom Nook (who is in a game where the worst thing you can do is hit sombody on the head with a net and can't even knock them out) into the SSBB crew.

If he was in there so would all these characters
Sonic
Tails
Eggman
Caterpiee
shyguy
Frog Mario
Paper Mario
Mega Man
Captin America
baby Mario
Daisy
WaluigiDiddy kong
and yes, even PEPSI.
Definatly not all would make it on to SSBB but if they had enough time to fit every character in they would definatly put these in before Tom Nook. I would hate to have tom nook in SSBB. Just NO.
I bolded which characters would really be in there if he was. It would be kind of fun to play as Tom Nook (in ffa not in 1 on 1) to just come in there and smash everyone with a shovel. And also, you could make hippos cry by hitting them over the head with a net. Tom Nook would be able to do this to any character in the game(yes, even Snake)

And to that guy who said this was the worst idea ever, you're wrong by a long shot. Someone suggested Tingle.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
The Pitfall item is genious. It would actually serve as DK's over 'B' move in Melee, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't mind Tom Nook as a playable character. I DEFINETLY would like Animal Crossing cameos.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Tom Nook actually sounds pretty cool. I think in some ways, since he doesn't really have moves, he could add to a retro joke of Mario 3. Dude, all characters can't be swordsmen or Sheiks...

so, Nook = Yes.

----Moveset----
B - Laugh - The insanity that is the Animal Crossing Laughter. This should have diverse effects, like putting you to sleep or freezing.
B> - Axe - Nook swings the axe around ala kirby's hammer move.
Bv - Statue (retro reference to SBM3) - Nook turns into a stone statue and is unhurtable for a small duration of time.
B^ - Tanuki Fly (as a joke and retro reference) he's third jump should be similar to Mario's raccoon suit flying. They should have the retro sounds and arms spread and tail whipping effects.

Nook's grab should be with the Net.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Nook = HELL NO!

C'mon people - putting in Animal Crossing characters in as playables make about as much sense as thowing in a Nintendog (as playable)... I agree they should make a cameo appearance of some sort in the game, but nothing more than that. There are many more Nintendo franchises out there that need the limited space available for playable characters for representation. Of course it's just my opinion, but this suggestion just doesn't seem to make any sense...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think Nook's special attack would be he closes his store down for a day and annoys the crap outta the other character.

Link: Oh noes! Tom Nook closed his store! Now I can't sell these fish and pay off my debt! =(

LinkMoo

Smash Cadet
All will fear Tom Nook's low prices! They are too low! I'm dying! What a bargain!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Sort of off topic, but maybe you could play as the boy, then later unlock the girl. They could use an Axe (dealing major damage), reel in people with fishing rods (minor damage) hit them with nets (also minor damage) and shovels (major damage). But they can't jump... hmmm, that's a problem...

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
idk, the boy seems even less likely then nook. I'd like to see a gyroid item, not sure what it would do but maybe they could have several of them that way incorparating Animal Crossing in the game without making a character.

burrito

Smash Lord
The boy is just too generic. Tom Nook has more personality and has more ideas for moves.

Gamer N

Smash Rookie
I don't see how Tom Nook could fit into Brawl. I mean, he's a shopkeeper. What's his Brawl attack gonna be, a fantastic bargain? Come on.

burrito

Smash Lord
Gamer N said:
I don't see how Tom Nook could fit into Brawl. I mean, he's a shopkeeper. What's his Brawl attack gonna be, a fantastic bargain? Come on.
Ugh, I could've sworn this has been explained already. First of all, there's no such thing as not being able to fit into brawl. The whole point of Smash Bros. is it takes a whole lot of different things and puts them together. Second of all, Tom Nook's moves could use: money, furniture, axes, fishing rods, nets, furniture, his tail, his claws etc.

Chipman

Smash Cadet
xzakcorex said:
Whaaaat?? You guys don't think Tom Nook would fit well in a game that has a giant turtle, electric rats, a bounty hunter, race car driver, two princesses, plumbers, puffballs, a fox, and multiple swordsman? I think he'd fit right in! LOL

If nothing else, I think he'd be extremely fun to play as. They could either give him moves based around items from the Animal Crossing world (shovel, axe, fishing rod, furniture, etc.) and/or expressions (angry, sad, etc.).
That emotion idea is actually brilliant, how about:

B - Cancels current emotion
B> - Anger, causing extra damage , but huge lack of control
BV - Sad, enormous rainclouds appear, pouring on the characters, causing them to slow, Nook's jump is worse.
B^ - Singing, Floats upwards a short distance, speed is increased but you can't stop moving.

A - Normal A moves, punching etc.
A Smash - Uses all the tools randomly.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'm not sure about the emotions for his B moves, it sounds like something Princess Peach might do.(Super Princess Peach game) Maybe he could use his anger as his special, causing fire to rain from the heavens killing everyone.

For his B moves he could use furniture, shovel, net, bells etc. because that's what makes him unique which is what B moves are all about. His smash moves could be based around his shovel for the most part.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
yeah... emotions wouldn't really fit, however, you should check out my moveset on the last page, i'm proud of it... it does have one emotion move.
-------------------------------

bbb

Smash Champion
If Tom Nook was in Brawl, I would play as him ALL the time.

Also, if SSB has taught me anything, it's that they can take pretty much take any character from any game, and make it work. Almost none of the characters are fit to ruthlessly battle each other (except maybe the Pokemon, cuz that's all they do). Great examples being Captain Falcon and Fox. They don't do anything that resembles fist fights in their games, but BAM there they are.

Just putting it out there but he should use a fishing pole to grab ala Link/Samus.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Nookypoo truly isn't the fighting type.

I think this may be considered a bit strange but I don't see a problem with K.K Slider.
I don't know why but I had reasosn why I thought he was good and now I can't think of them.
Pretty useless, no?
Anyway...

I really liked the suggestion of a town as a battlefield, that would be hot.
And it could hange depedning on what time of day you actually do the battle!
And things would ALWAYS be different on the background.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
If they can put a guy from a cop anime in Jump Superstars (The Anime version of Smash bros), they can put Tom Nook. The cop guy fought with toy helicopters and threw chairs at people. Tom Nook would probably fight like that. Keep in mind, he was on Sakurai's list.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Unsung Master said:
Sort of off topic, but maybe you could play as the boy, then later unlock the girl. They could use an Axe (dealing major damage), reel in people with fishing rods (minor damage) hit them with nets (also minor damage) and shovels (major damage). But they can't jump... hmmm, that's a problem...
Hey, Tom could use those items too. I mean, he DOES sell them, after all.

Phantom_Sonic

Smash Cadet
B: Fruniture Sale-Whacks with a couch
Up-B: Fishing Jump-Pulls self up with fishing pole
Side-B: Slingshot-launches 3 stones
Down-B: Net Whack-whacks with net
Smash attack: Legbender Break-breaks knees of all characters, making them unable to move for a certian amount of time.

Can't think of any A moves right now, but I will have some olater.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Super Smash Master said:
If they can put a guy from a cop anime in Jump Superstars (The Anime version of Smash bros), they can put Tom Nook. The cop guy fought with toy helicopters and threw chairs at people. Tom Nook would probably fight like that. Keep in mind, he was on Sakurai's list.
Jump Superstars ≠ Super Smash Bros.

And besides, there are far more deserving Nintendo characters than Random Animal Crossing Citizen #00384-A (aka Tom Nook) for a SSBB roster spot.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo has enough joke characters as is without adding more. Basically, you want him to be the same as G+W, but with a different model. If anyone in that game is aggressive, it's Mr. Peanut... whoops, I mean Mr. Resetti.

An Animal Crossing level would be great though...

Phantom_Sonic said:
Smash attack: Legbender Break-breaks knees of all characters, making them unable to move for a certian amount of time.
LOL! Gah! My Leg benders!

Top Bottom