• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up misinterpreting what Sakurai's saying, Arcadenik.
That way all the fans you're giving false hope to can wish you dead when the truth comes out. :p
Let 'em hope all they want. You can't stop 'em. Especially if you do it that way and not my way.

Not sure if it's a misinterpretation or not but I'll keep my eyes peeled. GL Ridleys I can't believe you guys aren't standing from your chairs

Actually, in Smash, the move is キノピオガード
Which is "Kinopio Guard".

So, that would imply that it is in fact THE Toad and not a generic one.

Or it would....if I didn't find out that "Kinopio" is what is used to refer to both "the" Toad and the Toad race in general.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/super-mario-bros/names/

The guy that ran this answered a few questions in regard to other Toads (such as Blue/Yellow).
http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-colored-toads-in-new-super-mario-bros/
http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-toad-is-trolling-us-all/

(Note, Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are "Ao Kinopio" and "Kiiro Kinopio" as opposed to "Ao/Kiiro Kino".)

This seems to imply that there really is no "the" Toad in Japan, and it's only an American-specific detail formed from outside media.
......that would explain a lot.

EDIT: And there is actually "the" Yoshi;

He's the 7th Star Child.
He's also the only one that can speak languages other than his native tongue.
Super Mario Bros.: This is the game that started it all. It features now-iconic Mushroom Kingdom characters like Mario, Bowser™, Princess Peach™, Toad™ Goombas and Koopas. This game set the standard for all future platforming games.
- He's also the Toad in Super Mario Bros. 2. as shown new translations in later remakes
- He's the Toad Brigade Captain as said in the game manual of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and who made that manual? Nintendo. He even has a collectible card that proves so.
- He's the Toad in Super Mario 3D World. Yeah. That was too obvious (:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooUqPF2Lf4. Listen closely as he is called kinopio(Undeniable proof that the blue Toad is the Toad.)
- Red Toad in Super Mario Sunshine is labeled as "Toad"
the red Toad is labeled singularly as "Peach's attendant"
And Toad's description is :
"Peach's longtime steward"
One more thing and for your information, game manuals are typed by Nintendo and they are typed first in Japanese. In Japanese, all "The Toads" I mentioned were pretagged as, "Kinopio". Even in Japan (Thank you, japanese languaged DVDs)

As you can see, Toad's looks changed from time to time. First he was fully red, as seen in SMB. In SMB 2, Blue Toad (The Toad) is blue and yet he is still called the Toad. Same goes for Super Mario 3D World where he's called Toad... Toad. In Mario Galaxy. If you don't count these as reliable evidences then I don't know what'll appeal to you then.

It's just that Toad's colors change throughout the series. I don't know why. It's a mystery. Maybe it's because they want Toad to be pure colored. Not sure. Point is : There's one Toad and it's existent in Japan. I was also about to post about the kinopio guard thing. I found it weird but shruggable and minor. Oh and regarding my point again, I guess you can say it wasn't explained in the past but now, even Japanese media knows of Toad's individuality. Toy brands, everything, manuals, Japanese translations, they're all there and it's seen.

Oh and *gulp* the special move of Peach is definitely the Toad. Proven here
Smash bros dojo (Brawl translated from japanese to eng) said:
Not a Pinocchio. Is Toad.
Because it is mushroom.
Skill to take to shield such a Toad.
It's crappily translated thanks to Google but with this, the special move of Peach is definitely the Toad.

Now now, I'm not proving Toad is likely or anything. If you shift it to that then I have no idea where that'll come from

Edit : Okay hold on. I just read the article now. So Toad's individuality is unknown in Japanese media? Because if that were the case, they should be using in pretty much every description whatsoever, "This Toad"/"A Toad" instead of, "Toad", "Toad is". Unless of course, Nintendo is too lazy or is not making sense. Regardless, the fact that Toad is referred to as a specific character (No "A's" denoting common noun whatsoever. This also is included in Japanese translation), then Toad is an individual character even in Japanese media.

Well, I'm a li'l confused but then again, the law of grammar never lies :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't care about this stupid debate.

I want Toad because I loved Wario's Woods, and I think he is the most iconic Mario character not yet playable.

I grew up with Super Mario Bros. 2, so he has been cemented in my mind as integral to the Mario series regardless of his usual auxillary roles (recently has been promoted to playable character).

"Claasic" Toad. Blue Toad. Yellow Toad. It doesn't matter. I just want Toad playable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't care about this stupid debate.

I want Toad because I loved Wario's Woods, and I think he is the most iconic Mario character not yet playable.

I grew up with Super Mario Bros. 2, so he has been cemented in my mind as integral to the Mario series regardless of his usual auxillary roles (recently has been promoted to playable character).

"Claasic" Toad. Blue Toad. Yellow Toad. It doesn't matter. I just want Toad playable.
I was thinking Toad was secretly Lip because of that statement.

D

Deleted member

- He's also the Toad in Super Mario Bros. 2. as shown new translations in later remakes
- He's the Toad Brigade Captain as said in the game manual of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and who made that manual? Nintendo. He even has a collectible card that proves so.
- He's the Toad in Super Mario 3D World. Yeah. That was too obvious (:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooUqPF2Lf4. Listen closely as he is called kinopio(Undeniable proof that the blue Toad is the Toad.)
- Red Toad in Super Mario Sunshine is labeled as "Toad"
You must have missed the parts where the "individual" Toad is an American made ordeal and where all "Toads" are "Kinopios".
As for that description of Super Mario Bros., the "individual" Toad doesn't even appear in that since the whole concept of there being a singular "Toad" debuted in Super Mario Bros. 2. Which is Super Mario Bros. USA in Japan, as what we know as "The Lost Levels" is the true SMB2.

Sunshine? All five of those Toads are Peach's attendants. The red Toad being singled out in the manual like one of the Piantas and one of the Nokis doesn't make him any more special.

And Toad's description is :
No, that's Toadsworth's description. Toadsworth is Peach's long-time steward.

One more thing and for your information, game manuals are typed by
Nintendo and they are typed first in Japanese. In Japanese, all "The Toads" I mentioned were pretagged as, "Kinopio". Even in Japan (Thank you, japanese languaged DVDs)
Every single Toad in the franchise is "Kinopio" if they don't have their own name (such as Toadsworth being "Kinojii"). You didn't even read my post, did you? Or are you under some belief that Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are somehow "the" Toad in NSMBW and NSMBU because their names are "Ao Kinopio" and "Kiiro Kinopio"?

As you can see, Toad's looks changed from time to time. First he was fully red, as seen in SMB. In SMB 2, Blue Toad (The Toad) is blue and yet he is still called the Toad. Same goes for Super Mario 3D World where he's called Toad... Toad. In Mario Galaxy. If you don't count these as reliable evidences then I don't know what'll appeal to you then.
Blue in-game, but artwork (as well as remakes) have the playable Toad being red spot/blue vest. By the "in-game" logic, Peach used to be a brunette and Wario's been changing his outfit colors for quite some time.
Same with SMB. Solid red in-game due to hardware limitations, but artwork has the red spot/blue vest.

And really, the only reason the playable Toad is simply called Toad in 3D World is because there is no other Toad in the group. NSMBW and NSMBU had two Toads. So they were given the labels "Blue Toad" and "Yellow Toad" to give them separate identities.
On a related note, if "the" Toad is the Toad Brigade Captain.....how can he be the main playable Toad in 3D World as well, when the Captain has special levels to himself while the blue Toad tags along with Mario, Luigi, and Peach?

It's just that Toad's colors change throughout the series. I don't know why. It's a mystery. Maybe it's because they want Toad to be pure colored. Not sure. Point is : There's one Toad and it's existent in Japan. I was also about to post about the kinopio guard thing. I found it weird but shruggable and minor. Oh and regarding my point again, I guess you can say it wasn't explained in the past but now, even Japanese media knows of Toad's individuality. Toy brands, everything, manuals, Japanese translations, they're all there and it's seen.
The only changes were due to hardware limitations on the NES. Toads in general have always been red spot/blue vest since the very beginning. It wasn't until Sunshine that other colors started to be more prevalent within the species, and games constantly switch between Toads being of many colors and Toads sharing a color scheme save for a select few (such as Blue Toad and Yellow Toad in games where every other Toad is red with blue).

Oh and *gulp* the special move of Peach is definitely the Toad. Proven here

It's crappily translated thanks to Google but with this, the special move of Peach is definitely the Toad.
You have to use Google Translate? You mean, that thing that makes a lot of errors?
First, let's take a look at the official English statement:
Sakurai said:
No, not a real toad. Toad, from the Mario series. You know, like a toadstool.
So from this, Sakurai is saying that it's not the amphibian creature known as a toad, but Toad, the mushroom.

Now, what Sakurai says in Japanese:
Sakurai said:
ピノキオではありません。キノピオです。
キノコですから。
Funny enough, this is easy for me to translate due to being elementary Japanese which I am currently taking.

"Pinochio de wa arimasen. Kinopio desu. Kinoko desu ka ra."

Which means "Is not Pinochio. Is Kinopio. Because is mushroom."
Which is doing the same joke as the "not a real toad, but Toad", since Kinopio is a parody name of Pinochio.
It's not saying anything along the lines of it "not being a generic Toad, but the Toad named Toad". And since, again, all Toads are "Kinopios", this is no proof whatsoever that this is some specific Toad.

Now now, I'm not proving Toad is likely or anything. If you shift it to that then I have no idea where that'll come from
You're not really proving anything to be frank.

Edit : Okay hold on. I just read the article now. So Toad's individuality is unknown in Japanese media? Because if that were the case, they should be using in pretty much every description whatsoever, "This Toad"/"A Toad" instead of, "Toad", "Toad is". Unless of course, Nintendo is too lazy or is not making sense. Regardless, the fact that Toad is referred to as a specific character (No "A's" denoting common noun whatsoever. This also is included in Japanese translation), then Toad is an individual character even in Japanese media.
You don't know how the Japanese language works, do you?
They don't use specific pronouns when referring to, for example, a species in particular vs. an individual.

This is a dog.
Kore wa inu desu.

This is Dog.
Kore wa inu desu.

Let's use Toad now:

This is Toad.
Kore wa Kinopio desu.

This is a Toad.
Kore wa Kinopio desu.

Toad is a Toad.
Kinopio wa Kinopio desu.

And for added measure, Toadsworth.

Toadsworth is a Toad.
Kinojii wa Kinopio desu.

Do you understand now?

Well, I'm a li'l confused but then again, the law of grammar never lies :awesome:
You mean the law of "I don't understand how another language works, so I'll use my own language's logic to prove my point"? :rolleyes:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Keep up misinterpreting what Sakurai's saying, Arcadenik.
That way all the fans you're giving false hope to can wish you dead when the truth comes out. :p

EDIT: And there is actually "the" Yoshi;

He's the 7th Star Child.
He's also the only one that can speak languages other than his native tongue.
Wow, so basically...Yoshi, aka THE Yoshi isn't even the same Yoshi who saved the babies? You don't even play as Yoshi in Yoshi's Island. That...really kinda sucks. So the Green Yoshi who battles Kamek and Baby Bowser and is the actual hero...doesn't even get recognition as THE Yoshi who made anything Mario and Luigi did in their older years possible from the get go? So THE Yosi is the one from Yoshi's Story, and not Yoshi's Island...and, oh god my head is spinning.

Thank god for Mega Alakazam being revealed on Friday, or this will have really been a harsh weekend for my favourite video game species.

On topic of Toad; Guys please don't get into arguements with anti-Toad people in the Roster Discussion Thread. I took some pride in NOT being compared to the Krystal fans.

Here however, go bananas. This topic is for Toad supporters and Toad talk and hell, Toad propaganda if you like(where's all the Toad support images anyway? Let's get on that Toad brigade; the Waluigi fans have all that covered and it looks a blast), but let's not go get a bad rep for the sake of telling someone to shut up.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wow, so basically...Yoshi, aka THE Yoshi isn't even the same Yoshi who saved the babies? You don't even play as Yoshi in Yoshi's Island. That...really kinda sucks. So the Green Yoshi who battles Kamek and Baby Bowser and is the actual hero...doesn't even get recognition as THE Yoshi who made anything Mario and Luigi did in their older years possible from the get go? So THE Yosi is the one from Yoshi's Story, and not Yoshi's Island...and, oh god my head is spinning.

Thank god for Mega Alakazam being revealed on Friday, or this will have really been a harsh weekend for my favourite video game species.

On topic of Toad; Guys please don't get into arguements with anti-Toad people in the Roster Discussion Thread. I took some pride in NOT being compared to the Krystal fans.

Here however, go bananas. This topic is for Toad supporters and Toad talk and hell, Toad propaganda if you like(where's all the Toad support images anyway? Let's get on that Toad brigade; the Waluigi fans have all that covered and it looks a blast), but let's not go get a bad rep for the sake of telling someone to shut up.
The thing is that the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread is to predict what characters are likely.

Toad is, in my eyes, more likely than even King K. Rool.

I'm not going to be silent about that just because others disagree, but I'll still try to be civil.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, all the Yoshis in the Yoshi's Island series take turns taking care of the babies.
So there is no particular Yoshi that gets center stage, either.

It's really more or less the series for the species as a whole.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The thing is that the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread is to predict what characters are likely.

Toad is, in my eyes, more likely than even King K. Rool.

I'm not going to be silent about that just because others disagree, but I'll still try to be civil.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. So does pretty much everyone I've spoken to outside these boards(although they think Dixie has a good chance and I'm inclined to agree), but I'd rather wait and see than argue poinlessly with a community who from the beginning wasn't supporting Toad(Pre-Peach the major camps were of Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario).

Also as a fellow regular attendee of the Roster Prediction thread let's be honest; it's a bellowing fest filled with memes, bile and snark rather than a discussion thread.
Oh, and also Fire Emblem fights. That's the other thing it appears to be for.

Although I'll admit if Toad gets in, and a certain overweight croc or a giant purple space dragon don't I'm gonna laugh all the way to the bank.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. So does pretty much everyone I've spoken to outside these boards(although they think Dixie has a good chance and I'm inclined to agree), but I'd rather wait and see than argue poinlessly with a community who from the beginning wasn't supporting Toad(Pre-Peach the major camps were of Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario).

Also as a fellow regular attendee of the Roster Prediction thread let's be honest; it's a bellowing fest filled with memes, bile and snark rather than a discussion thread.
Oh, and also Fire Emblem fights. That's the other thing it appears to be for.

Although I'll admit if Toad gets in, and a certain overweight croc or a giant purple space dragon don't I'm gonna laugh all the way to the bank.
I do agree with you. Almost entirely actually (and I personally only think K. Rool is less likely than Toad because Sakurai might not give us the four DK reps we so desire...if reps are even a thing). And you are probably right about most everything you're saying.

I honestly think a lot of people are against Toad for the same reason that they're against Pac-Man. Not because they don't have a chance, but because they don't like them. Heck, I probably would see someone like Skulk or Isaac as likely if I actually cared about their series'. The fact of the matter is that most of the people here are competitive players, and Mario is not a series that a lot of competitive gamers like.

D

Deleted member

I want to be clear that I'm not against Toad (even if there are quite a few characters I'd rather see), I'm merely against delusional lines of thought like the case with Sakurai's statement.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I want to be clear that I'm not against Toad (even if there are quite a few characters I'd rather see), I'm merely against delusional lines of thought like the case with Sakurai's statement.
I don't think that the toad/Toad counter is being removed from Peach, personally. I think it's possible, but I don't see it happening. I think it would make more sense to use Toadsworth simply because he's the one that fits the role better, but I don't think doing that has crossed Sakurai's mind.

Honestly, though, you are being a little more than a little confrontational about this. It's not like anyone except Sakurai knows for sure.

D

Deleted member

Except that I'm using it accurately unlike annoying weeabos.

You must have missed the parts where the "individual" Toad is an American made ordeal and where all "Toads" are "Kinopios".
............. *FACEPALM*

Ah I see what you mean GY.

Alright my bad with that *scratches head*
We hear you

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am pretty sure ヨッシー applies to both A Yoshi and THE Yoshi in Japan... just like キノピオ applies to both A Toad and THE Toad in Japan.

Check out the Japanese websites for both Mario Tennis Open and New Super Mario Bros. U.

Blue Toad = あおキノピオ
Blue Yoshi = あおヨッシー

Yellow Toad = きいろキノピオ
Yellow Yoshi = きいろヨッシー

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I'm anti-toad.

The best role for Toad, besides peach's special, is as an assist trophy that, upon coming out, runs away from the nearest player (to the point of falling off the stage.) Basically Goldeen status.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
How did you reach that conclusion?

He basically has four options.
1. Ride a go-kart.
2. Drops spores "cause he's a mushroom."
3. Do absurdly generic and impersonal attacks like a "headbutt."
4. Shoot fire & ice balls because of New Super Mario Bros Wii U, or whatever.

None of this denotes a Smash fighter. 1. Is an argument for a Koopa just as strong, with Koopas having more potentia, plus "riding a go-kart" isn't much for a Smash moveset in general. 2. Has absolutely nothing to do with Toad as a character, and since you'd need spores to do everything, it stops having anything to do with actual mushrooms because mushrooms using spores to tether or etc. has never been heard of. 3. Applies to a box of corn flakes as well as Toad. 4. Is decent, but it's 2 options in a 20+ moveset.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
He basically has four options.
1. Ride a go-kart.
2. Drops spores "cause he's a mushroom."
3. Do absurdly generic and impersonal attacks like a "headbutt."
4. Shoot fire & ice balls because of New Super Mario Bros Wii U, or whatever.

None of this denotes a Smash fighter. 1. Is an argument for a Koopa just as strong, with Koopas having more potentia, plus "riding a go-kart" isn't much for a Smash moveset in general. 2. Has absolutely nothing to do with Toad as a character, and since you'd need spores to do everything, it stops having anything to do with actual mushrooms because mushrooms using spores to tether or etc. has never been heard of. 3. Applies to a box of corn flakes as well as Toad. 4. Is decent, but it's 2 options in a 20+ moveset.
1. Nobody said this would be his entire moveset. This would be 1 move obviously and I see no problem with that when one, it's a small vehicle and two, Wario uses his motorcycle in his moveset.
2. Spores have tons of moveset potential. They could be used similarly to how they are in Peach's special as a counter or physical attack, could induce effects like dazed state, or inflict poison. You're overlooking a lot and honestly, I don't know where you were going with the whole spore tether thing as I haven't heard anyone mention it being used like that.
3. What's wrong with using headbutts? He's got a big head! Are we now supposed to condemn Mario because he does generic punches and kicking as well?
4.You act as if those are the only two power-ups that he can use. Besides, it's not as if he needs 20+ special moves anyways; He needs 4. With as much moveset potential that Link has, you don't see him throwing out a new item for all his standard attacks now do you.
*If you did even the slightest amount of research then you'd be able to see the glaring flaws in those arguments.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*If you did even the slightest amount of research then you'd be able to see the glaring flaws in those arguments.
I don't think he cares about flaws in his logic... he admitted he is against Toad's inclusion after all.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Four options actually isn't that bad(although yes obviously having moves like Headbutts work better as A moves; aka the moves you'll be using most the time).

Some other special Toad moveset options off the top of my head

1.) POWER UP!

The dozens of power ups Toad uses in NSMB and now 3D World that Mario, Luigi and Peach aren't using(aka; anything that isn't the fire flower or the cape in Mario's case).

Up + B: Super Acorn
B: Ice Flower works as a B move matching the brothers but having a twist(and giving someone other than Ice Climbers, Lucas and Mr. Game and Watch some use of the ice effect).
Side + B: Cat suit can be a side B. Speedy strike.
Down + B: I wanted to use the Penguin suit at first, but I think a counter using the returning super leaf power up in 3D world works better
Final Smash would be the super cherries to launch a stampede of Toad.

2.) MUSHROOM MIX MASTER

Sports Mix style mushroom powers for A moves mixed with Mario shroom skills; half the power ups in Mario are types of mushrooms. Toad is a mushroom man. Seeing as there's no official "The Toad" as revealed last weekend, why not use various mushroom hats for specials?

Up + B: Propeller Mushroom. Obvious what this does.
B: Boo Mushroom. A type of counter move that if hits would cause the opponent to be temporarily stunned.
Side + B: Cloud Mushroom. Useful for creating a platform. Could be handy since Toad's jumps would be terrible.
Down + B: Rock Mushroom. Works like Yoshi's Egg roll.
Final Smash: Mega Mushroom. Rampage away. Obviously invincible during this.

3.) WELCOME TO THE TOAD HOUSE

Based on his various Toad houses; Within the Toad houses there are often things that could be pretty fun to play with:

Up + B: Toad cannon; uses the cannons used to gain 1ups within the Toad houses to launch himself skywards.
B: ? Block: Throws a ? block at the opponent. Damage and effect varies greatly.
Side + B: Toad Chest: randomly shoots an item from the chest with a higher % chance towards a poison mushroom. Requires charging. Alternatively this could be a grab attack.
Down + B: Similar to Princess Peach's Down + B, only using the baby Yoshis from NSMBWii U. Gold Baby Yoshis obviously deal the most damage.
Final Smash: Toad House: An idea I've played with previously; Four cards appear on the stage. They then flip over and begin rotating. The opponents MUST attack one of the following: Fire Flower, Poison Mushroom or Bob-Omb if they wish to survive.
The Fire Flower will deal huge fire damage, poison will shrink and bob-omb will cause them to be blown into the air with damage.
The fourth card is the Bowser card; a staple for losing within the Toad house. Grab this and you get OHKO'd. Don't hit any card and you're automatically awarded the Bowser Card.
Toad is invincible during this FS, but also cannot move or strike.

That's three movesets off the top of my head without dipping into Mario spinoffs or SMB2 or even Wario's Woods, all of which also offer a lot of options.

Potential isn't Toad's issue at all; it's whether Sakurai will let Toad finally smash alongside the other members of the "Big 8".

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Four options actually isn't that bad(although yes obviously having moves like Headbutts work better as A moves; aka the moves you'll be using most the time).

Some other special Toad moveset options off the top of my head

1.) POWER UP!

The dozens of power ups Toad uses in NSMB and now 3D World that Mario, Luigi and Peach aren't using(aka; anything that isn't the fire flower or the cape in Mario's case).

Up + B: Super Acorn
B: Ice Flower works as a B move matching the brothers but having a twist(and giving someone other than Ice Climbers, Lucas and Mr. Game and Watch some use of the ice effect).
Side + B: Cat suit can be a side B. Speedy strike.
Down + B: I wanted to use the Penguin suit at first, but I think a counter using the returning super leaf power up in 3D world works better
Final Smash would be the super cherries to launch a stampede of Toad.

2.) MUSHROOM MIX MASTER

Sports Mix style mushroom powers for A moves mixed with Mario shroom skills; half the power ups in Mario are types of mushrooms. Toad is a mushroom man. Seeing as there's no official "The Toad" as revealed last weekend, why not use various mushroom hats for specials?

Up + B: Propeller Mushroom. Obvious what this does.
B: Boo Mushroom. A type of counter move that if hits would cause the opponent to be temporarily stunned.
Side + B: Cloud Mushroom. Useful for creating a platform. Could be handy since Toad's jumps would be terrible.
Down + B: Rock Mushroom. Works like Yoshi's Egg roll.
Final Smash: Mega Mushroom. Rampage away. Obviously invincible during this.

3.) WELCOME TO THE TOAD HOUSE

Based on his various Toad houses; Within the Toad houses there are often things that could be pretty fun to play with:

Up + B: Toad cannon; uses the cannons used to gain 1ups within the Toad houses to launch himself skywards.
B: ? Block: Throws a ? block at the opponent. Damage and effect varies greatly.
Side + B: Toad Chest: randomly shoots an item from the chest with a higher % chance towards a poison mushroom. Requires charging. Alternatively this could be a grab attack.
Down + B: Similar to Princess Peach's Down + B, only using the baby Yoshis from NSMBWii U. Gold Baby Yoshis obviously deal the most damage.
Final Smash: Toad House: An idea I've played with previously; Four cards appear on the stage. They then flip over and begin rotating. The opponents MUST attack one of the following: Fire Flower, Poison Mushroom or Bob-Omb if they wish to survive.
The Fire Flower will deal huge fire damage, poison will shrink and bob-omb will cause them to be blown into the air with damage.
The fourth card is the Bowser card; a staple for losing within the Toad house. Grab this and you get OHKO'd. Don't hit any card and you're automatically awarded the Bowser Card.
Toad is invincible during this FS, but also cannot move or strike.

That's three movesets off the top of my head without dipping into Mario spinoffs or SMB2 or even Wario's Woods, all of which also offer a lot of options.

Potential isn't Toad's issue at all; it's whether Sakurai will let Toad finally smash alongside the other members of the "Big 8".
Don't forget that Toad could also potentially use the super jump from SMB2 for his up b (my personal favorite idea, as it's the least awkward of what I've seen), a different kind of (large) turnip for his down b than Peach, various spin-off attacks, and more. People who think Toad has no potential are sorely mistaken.

D

Deleted member

I truly hope that Sakurai doesn't throw in a nasty surprise like adding Cat Mario or Tanooki Mario instead of Toad.
Nah, they wouldn't make a seperate character like that. I'm pretty sure Sakurai regrets the clones in Melee which includes Dr. Mario.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Nah, they wouldn't make a seperate character like that. I'm pretty sure Sakurai regrets the clones in Melee which includes Dr. Mario.
He doesn't regret a second Link...or Ganondorf (I hate to say), but he doesn't seem to have any plans to add Dr. Mario or Pichu in at the very least (Roy could feasibly return due to his immense popularity in Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom