• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm actually starting to feel hopeful on looking forward for Toad's inclusion. So far nothing's there to get on his way unless we curveball'd by something overlooked again or just out of nowhere.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm actually starting to feel hopeful on looking forward for Toad's inclusion. So far nothing's there to get on his way unless we curveball'd by something overlooked again or just out of nowhere.
It really depends on whether Sakurai will want to reveal newcomers this early.

A big test will be with Wii Party U, which releases during the last week of October.

If he ties in a Mii confirmation with the release of Wii Party U, I think that will bode very well that we get something to tie in with Super Mario 3D World.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It really depends on whether Sakurai will want to reveal newcomers this early.
If not Wii Party U then maybe Wii Sports Club.

I noticed that the eShop version of Wii Fit U comes out on October 31, 2013 in Japan... and November 1, 2013 in North America and Europe... and the retail version comes out between December 6, 2013 to December 13, 2013 all over the world but it comes out on February 1, 2014 in Japan. Sakurai could have saved Wii Fit Trainer's reveal for then...

I don't know what to think... I really hope Sakurai starts revealing some newcomers soon.

We're gonna have to wait and see. Try not to get too excited

For now, get hyped for SM3D World :D

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm really starting to think that BLUE Toad is THE Toad. (Red Toad now being just a regular Toad)

So Toad's mushroom color might have actually been retconed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It really should be changed to Toadsworth though. Just because it makes more sense. :bee:
I suggested that yesterday and today and the Antifungal Cream Team said it isn't possible to change an entire model of an attack to make Toad playable because Sakurai already decided on the roster. :rollyeyes:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I suggested that yesterday and today and the Antifungal Cream Team said it isn't possible to change an entire model of an attack to make Toad playable because Sakurai already decided on the roster. :rollyeyes:
To be fair, it's something that should only be done in the finalizing stage. It's not impossible in any way, though.

It isn't impossible. Recolors don't even take THAT long.

Hell, there are too much possibilities and scenarios buuuuuuuuuuuut it's unlikely to be honest

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
How would you guys feel if Toadsworth becomes playable instead?
Livid.

Toadsworth suits the role of human shield/Peach's guardian more than Toad who actually does get up and fight occasionally. That said, if Toad got in and Toadsworth was an alt costume, I'd be pretty damn happy with that. I like Toadsworth, but him getting in before Toad feels odd. Like Tiny Kong getting in over Dixie Kong.

It's Toad or bust for me. Would prefer red spots- blue jacket, but blue spots-blue jacket would be a close second.

In b4 Yellow Toad.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
For some reason, the idea of having Toad in Smash 4 as a playable character has recently started to grow on me. A lot. Truth be told, back in the day, I was surprised he was not a playable character in Melee. He was mine favourite character in Mario Kart 64, next to Donkey Kong. Maybe he will be revealed upon the release of Super Mario 3D World.

If Toad does make it in Smash 4, I doubt it would change Princess Toadstool's standard special in any way.

[EDIT] Oh, and I would very much prefer red Toad. For some reason, I was slightly dismayed that blue Toad was in Super Mario 3D World instead of red Toad.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
For some reason, the idea of having Toad in Smash 4 as a playable character has recently started to grow on me. A lot. Truth be told, back in the day, I was surprised he was not a playable character in Melee. He was mine favourite character in Mario Kart 64, next to Donkey Kong. Maybe he will be revealed upon the release of Super Mario 3D World.

If Toad does make it in Smash 4, I doubt it would change Princess Toadstool's standard special in any way.

[EDIT] Oh, and I would very much prefer red Toad. For some reason, I was slightly dismayed that blue Toad was in Super Mario 3D World instead of red Toad.
:D Welcome, fellow supporter.

I'd personally not care, I just want to play as the Yellow Toad.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I feel like these pictures are all extremely relevant and important to us Toad supporters.

Super Princess Peach

New Super Mario Bros. U

Super Mario Galaxy

We should make a giant database of all the times there have been multiple toads with red spots and blue vests at the same time. That way, we can throw all of them at once at the Anti-Toad people.

D

Deleted member

I feel this post is relevant here.
Actually, in Smash, the move is キノピオガード
Which is "Kinopio Guard".

So, that would imply that it is in fact THE Toad and not a generic one.

Or it would....if I didn't find out that "Kinopio" is what is used to refer to both "the" Toad and the Toad race in general.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/super-mario-bros/names/

The guy that ran this answered a few questions in regard to other Toads (such as Blue/Yellow).
http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-colored-toads-in-new-super-mario-bros/
http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-toad-is-trolling-us-all/

(Note, Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are "Ao Kinopio" and "Kiiro Kinopio" as opposed to "Ao/Kiiro Kino".)

This seems to imply that there really is no "the" Toad in Japan, and it's only an American-specific detail formed from outside media.
......that would explain a lot.

Blue Toad is our God. Lol.

Srs note : I think I won't talk about Toad until a new pokemon is revealed during the month. Baffling how people make fun of Toad supporters hoping for the best. I mean, sure it's impossible but don't express your hatred and pity towards it and be sensitive about it.

That is all I can say.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If there is no THE Toad, then there is no THE Yoshi either.

Unlikely as a Pokemon reveal this month but if Toad is revealed as a playable character, we have SEVERAL reasons to rub it in. You guys know that right? Well, don't do it. You'll make yourselves look worse than now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Baffling how people make fun of Toad supporters hoping for the best.
This. The biggest reason, I think, why Toad supporters still have hope for Toad is because of what Sakurai said about refreshing Peach's moves.

Sakurai said:
"Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 new pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released."
For more than 10 years, the Toad detractors always argued that Toad cannot be playable if he is part of Peach's moveset... and that Peach's moveset will have to be changed in order to make Toad playable...

What does Sakurai do? He posts a picture of Peach's Toad, seemingly deconfirming Toad once again... but at the same time, tells us to keep in mind that the game is still in development and that Peach's moveset may be refreshed by the time SSB4 comes out... giving some hope back to Toad fans.

But still, don't get your hopes up but then again, take a dose. Baffling as **** indeed

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel this post is relevant here.
Interesting. Disappointing to find out a childhood favourite was never really it's own character, but interesting find indeed Golden.

I wonder what the difference between a Kino and a Kinopio is now then? Playability? If anything?

If there is no THE Toad, then there is no THE Yoshi either.
Technically we have two THE Yoshis. The one that found Baby Mario and fought against Kamek and Baby Bowser, and the Star Child one that hangs out with Mario in all his later adventures. So you're right. There is no The Yoshi either.

Disappointing me yet further. Are any of my favourites actual characters now? In b4 Roy turns out to be a species.

Unlikely as a Pokemon reveal this month but if Toad is revealed as a playable character, we have SEVERAL reasons to rub it in. You guys know that right? Well, don't do it. You'll make yourselves look worse than now.
The amount of crap being slung our way is really making me hate the Ridley/K. Rool brigade. It may be unfair to clump everyone together but the majority of them(as well as the board) support these two evil lizards. Toad is just as viable a character as either of them, and although I prefer Dixie, I'd never go and be a **** to K. Rool fans for their less likely choice.

Hell, I actively despise Bowser Jr as a character, but I still see him as a worthy and deserving rival candidate for the mystical 5th Mario spot. I can only imagine how annoying the detractors for Waluigi must be, as those poor guys get it as much as we do, if not worse.

Why ya'll gotta **** all over my shroom, Smashboards?

All that verbal fertilizer will only make the love for the mushroom man grow bigger after all.

D

Deleted member

Keep up misinterpreting what Sakurai's saying, Arcadenik.
That way all the fans you're giving false hope to can wish you dead when the truth comes out. :p

EDIT: And there is actually "the" Yoshi;

He's the 7th Star Child.
He's also the only one that can speak languages other than his native tongue.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm still waiting until Super Mario 3D World.

However, the debacle with Pokemon X/Y shows that a major release can happen (and with plenty of characters to tie in the release), and yet no character confirmation can happen.

I am just going to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom