• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You want me to eat a rainbow mushroom and make a moveset that seems out of the ordinary? Okay then

Toad has 3 diamonds on his HUD. He has to get diamonds via neutral special. The more diamonds he has, the stronger, quicker and long-reaching his attacks get. During an animation of any attack (Not specials), press B to do the move again except it has WAY longer range, it's overall quicker than usual and it deals a whopping 8% more damage

Neutral B: Toad uses his pick-axe to get one diamond. Very punishable for obvious reasons. Use it when you know you won't get butt-****ed

Forward B: Toad rides a mine cart. Works similarly to Wario's bike. You can throw turnips by pressing the A button. You can jump with the mine cart by pressing X or Y. You can exit the mine cart by pressing B. Deals 10% damage

Downward B: Toad steps on a button that raises a wall. The wall can take damage. How much? I don't know. Whatever's good enough

Upward B: Remember those platforms where you blow on the Gamepad screen then they move? Yeah. Basically like ROB's recovery

Final smash: That dragon boss thing. Self-explanatory stuff

The end. This is not gonna happen and it sounds like a Phoenix Wright rip-off. Because it is. BUT **** IT, thank god Toad has his own game and it's thanks to those Miiverse comments and fan opinions about the Captain Toad levels

Oh, his neutral A is a turnip throw

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Toad gets in, I want him to have Captain Toad as alternate costume (or vice versa). This way, we have our iconic yet generic Toad and the modern Toad from recent Mario games. Kinda like how Wario got his iconic classic outfit from Wario Land and his biker outfit from WarioWare.

If Toad gets in, I want him to have a moveset that is based on Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario's Woods, New Super Mario Bros. Wii/U, Super Mario 3D World, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. He has plenty of material to work with that can make him unique and distinct from Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

Also, remember when I speculated about the third Mario Wii U stage and that I had hoped it would be based on Super Mario 3D World? Well, I hope that stage is based on The Adventures of Captain Toad from Super Mario 3D World. This way it would represent both Super Mario 3D World and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Damn, Toad really deserves to be in Smash. He really does. He has been around since the original Super Mario Bros. Toads and Yoshis are the only generic species to be playable in main Mario games and star in their own games. THE Toad seems to have character development… starting out as a random Mushroom Retainer named Toad in Super Mario Bros. 2, displaying speed and superhuman strength in Subcon... then displaying said strength and used his wits to defeat Wario and his monsters in Wario's Woods... then became the leader of a small band of Toads as the Red Toad in Super Mario Sunshine… then became Captain Toad in Super Mario Galaxy and his group became known as the Toad Brigade, giving Mario Power Stars whenever possible... then we finally got to see how and where he gets the stars for Mario in Super Mario 3D World... and now Captain Toad is collecting treasures and Power Stars in his own game. The fact Toad is still part of Peach's moveset and not a playable character in his own right is a travesty!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, at the very least it looks like we'll be able to have a neato Captain Toad Amiibo even if he's not a Smasher...

...although at this point if that leak about DLC character possibilities being true, Captain Toad is one of the more likely individuals alongside any cut veterans that should occur.

Well, at the very least it looks like we'll be able to have a neato Captain Toad Amiibo even if he's not a Smasher...

...although at this point if that leak about DLC character possibilities being true, Captain Toad is one of the more likely individuals alongside any cut veterans that should occur.
About that---

Before I make my comment, I'm about to talk about a topic that would cause a **** ton of attention. PLEASE, do not delve further into the topic I'm about to bring up.

Okay, DLC characters were in that leak and the leak is pretty much dead-on confirmed therefore, DLC characters=Confirmed

*runs*

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't you guys also find it strange that the demos have Mario, Bowser and Rosalina playable? Am thinking there's room for one more newcomer from Mario. And nobody fits the deal better than Toad, or Captain Toad.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, I will bite... people keep my bringing up this DLC leak and I know nothing about this. What is this DLC leak about? Source?

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Sorry to be the noob again, but were's the DLC leak and the Captain Toad amiibo? As far as I know, only normal Toad has the amiibo (not in captain form) and I've heard nothing of DLC. Then again, I've been buried in Treasure Tracker and, somewhat,
Woolly World.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sorry to be the noob again, but were's the DLC leak and the Captain Toad amiibo? As far as I know, only normal Toad has the amiibo (not in captain form) and I've heard nothing of DLC. Then again, I've been buried in Treasure Tracker and, somewhat,
Woolly World.
Well, Treasure Tracker is confirmed to be one of the few Amiibo compatible games. Presumably then we'll be getting a Captain Toad Amiibo since he's the only individual playable in the game(that we know of currently anyway). Wooly World too, so expect a Yarn Yoshi figurine at some point.

The DLC confirmed thing is just from the leak that most people believe to be true now. There's no official word on it yet. Check out the leak thread in the SSB Wii U section.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can see it now... "Want to know more about Toad? Visit the official website for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker!" :awesome:

One can always dream! :)

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Psh, that worries me none. If we get Toad, I'm almost positive it'll be Captain Toad.

0:56

Red capped, blue Toad is now sort of officially disconfirmed.
Eh

Whatever.

Captain Toad is cool and all. Not saying he's likely (he's not) but, I like the fact that he has his own game and this DLC thing might just work. I mean, I don't care if it works. I think I'm fine with him having his own game. That's enough for me. You have no idea how much trouble I had breathing during the live conference

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Eh

Whatever.

Captain Toad is cool and all. Not saying he's likely (he's not) but, I like the fact that he has his own game and this DLC thing might just work. I mean, I don't care if it works. I think I'm fine with him having his own game. That's enough for me. You have no idea how much trouble I had breathing during the live conference
hes right we're getting another toad game thats a win for us toad fans

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I agree with the DLC.

@ Arcadenik : Apparently, Sal Romano made another post pre-E3. His source indicates no new character apart from the ones they had already 'revealed', however they do say that there will be DLC post-release.

Of course, that's not 100% verified, but since they seem to have gotten many right things... It's not out of the realm of possibility. To be honest, as it stands, if there is no DLC this game does not hold much value to me. The newcomers are lackluster (I mean, I like Megaman but that's not a character I wanted) and it just looks like a more beautiful brawl (thank goodness, I didn't like how dull Brawl seemed).

But even if there is DLC, we don't know whether it will be characters, stages, stickers (trolololol), trophies or stuff like that. However, what is guaranteed is that Amiibos can be used for Brawl, Mario Party 10 (Toad is playable), potentially Mario Kart too I believe (once again, Hello Toad !) and Captain Toad's new game (wow Toad, looking good).

Add to this that we have more Mario Games than anything, and you realize that there are good chances that Toad can benefit from it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Long time since I've posted here.
I'm really happy that Toad got his own game at last (and even moreso because they went with Captain Toad; I really like the little guy.)

I think if Toad gets added to Smash as a playable (via DLC or in future instalments), chances are high that it would be Captain Toad.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm really happy that Toad got his own game at last (and even moreso because they went with Captain Toad; I really like the little guy.)

I think if Toad gets added to Smash as a playable (via DLC or in future instalments), chances are high that it would be Captain Toad.
Totally agree. I'd much rather Captain Toad than Blue Toad personally anyway.

If he did somehow get in I really hope his pickaxe and his minecart are in his moveset somehow. Since DK isn't using minecarts I mean.

Edit: Just found some official art on the MarioWiki site.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

you mean his second game

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ah. My bad. This really is Toad's second game then.
It is funny how Luigi's first own game didn't have his own name in the title... and his second own game has his own game in the title... and the same is true for Toad! What's more... Luigi's first own game had Mario in the title... and Toad's first own game had Wario in the title!

Mario Is Missing! >>> Luigi's Mansion
Wario's Woods >>> Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

It would be pretty awesome if Wario is the main villain in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker... given Wario's obsession with treasure and Toad's newfound interest in treasure. :awesome:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Toad's kind of become the Bad Luck Brian of Smash Bros.

In more games than Luigi, Bowser, and Peach; loses out to Dr. Mario and Rosalina.

Stuck in Peach's moveset again in SSB4; playable in three major games after SSB4 begins development.

Hasn't had his own game since 1994; gets another one the same month as new Smash Bros is due out, 20 years later. :troll:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Toad is probably the character for DLC at this point. Nobody even comes close to Toad, and assuming Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool are all in, Toad is perhaps not the most requested but is arguably the most important Nintendo character who hasn't yet been in the game as a playable fighter, period. And with his game coming out the same month as SM4SH like mentioned right above, he's also literally the most relevant/recent character not in as well. If we get SM4SH DLC but we don't get Toad, I will get over it and still love the game to death, of course, but I will be quite unhappy for a little bit.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would lose my mind as if I divided by zero if Toad turns out to be the first DLC character to coincide with the almost-simultaneous releases of SSB4 3DS and Captain Toad.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I feel Toad is a strong DLC contender. I mean, casuals know him and everyone loves him in Mario Kart, if there's one emblematic character people would pay for, I feel it would be the mushroom retainer.

I mean, I don't think they'll make rather obscure DLC character, they'd want it to be profitable...

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I just realized I never reacted to Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker in this thread yet. Nintendo's E3 showing this year really was all about pleasing the fans. I remember that Iwata Asks for SM3DW where the developers were surprised that Toad was so popular. There happened to be a lot of requests for more Captain Toad levels as a result of the game as well, so I'm pleased mostly that Nintendo listened. It wasn't surprising though that they would do it. All Nintendo EAD had to do was recycle SM3DW assets. However, I'm still looking forward to this title because I enjoyed the Captain Toad levels. They were clever and fit well with Toad's cautious nature. This time though, his adventure will be more grand and a little more action packed, so that's good. I hope that the game is reasonably priced… or really long. $30 or less for a game like this would be preferable.

So with Nintendo listening to Toad fans, being willing to recycle assets to please them, and the mostly confirmed Sal Romano leaks suggesting a push for character DLC… Toad DLC for Smash should be more possible than ever. Toad already has a character model in the game, and it's possible that Peach's custom moves for Toad involve Toad doing other things aside from being a meat shield, meaning Sakurai doesn't necessarily dislike him.

Here's to even more playable Toad in the future!

I just realized I never reacted to Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker in this thread yet. Nintendo's E3 showing this year really was all about pleasing the fans. I remember that Iwata Asks for SM3DW where the developers were surprised that Toad was so popular. There happened to be a lot of requests for more Captain Toad levels as a result of the game as well, so I'm pleased mostly that Nintendo listened. It wasn't surprising though that they would do it. All Nintendo EAD had to do was recycle SM3DW assets. However, I'm still looking forward to this title because I enjoyed the Captain Toad levels. They were clever and fit well with Toad's cautious nature. This time though, his adventure will be more grand and a little more action packed, so that's good. I hope that the game is reasonably priced… or really long. $30 or less for a game like this would be preferable
The game might be $60 for all we know. Maybe it's bigger than we think. I personally think it's probably a $30 game. But the fact that it was one of the games revealed at the digital event makes me doubt that it's a $30 game....

Whatever. Yipee-ki-yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom