• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Treasure Tracker (YEEEESSSS) is also very Super Mario Bros. 2. He throws turnips, plucks coins from the ground, and there're even Shy Guys! I'm lovin' it :3 even more excited than when SM3DW was announced, and that's saying something because I was floppin' around when that was announced last year.
Thank you Nintendo!!

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748
Treasure Tracker (YEEEESSSS) is also very Super Mario Bros. 2. He throws turnips, plucks coins from the ground, and there're even Shy Guys! I'm lovin' it :3 even more excited than when SM3DW was announced, and that's saying something because I was floppin' around when that was announced last year.
Thank you Nintendo!!
I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have a stand-alone Captain Toad game! I think this only increases Toad's chance. Also this was shown in the direct, Toad's icon is there, but I guess that's not very significant?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Did you guys see what Toad could do in his own game? He could pick up and throw vegetables like in Super Mario Bros. 2 and use the pickaxe like the hammer in Donkey Kong. So awesome! Toad's moveset should include the pickaxe and maybe vegetables (if Peach no longer uses vegetables).

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Look at this.
http://imgur.com/WACj1yK

There are SO many playable character trophies in that pile where Toad is in. Also, he got a new trophy; as high quality as playable character ones. Toad might be more than a meatshield this time....
The pose he's in looks like it could be his artwork pose, because other character trophies are just standing there, like Paper Princess Peach. She's just standing there... ofc she had no chance but still, what if she did, like what if PM was in since like Brawl. : that pose is already used in PM64. We've NEVER seen artwork for the pose Toad is in, so therefore, it would lower PPP's chances, since her trophy is based on her artwork, which would be reused but in higher quality.

also new game gonna preorder it <3
it made me cry tears of joy

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I wouldn't want to rain on your parade but... Doesn't Toad seem a little too big lolridley compared to the other official Sm4sh trophies ?

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't want to rain on your parade but... Doesn't Toad seem a little too big lolridley compared to the other official Sm4sh trophies ?
Exactly my thought. This trophy only confirm that normal Toad is not playable...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Plus, Toad will obviously have one of these amiibos figurines or whatever they're called, I mean, he's practically guaranteed to have one based on the info we got (usable in Mario Party 10, Mario Kart 8, titles where Toad is important).

This is so cool ! <3

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Amongst all the disappointment I suffered today, I'm very happy Toad is getting his own game. Much as I make fun of him (especially his voice), I do like the character, and think he's long overdue for an adventure to call his own.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Day One purchase! I am so happy that Nintendo is finally giving Toad the respect he deserves. He is no longer in the shadows of the Mario Brothers.

Captain Toad on the Treehouse

(http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo link for those who aren't watching)
Boo! I cannot watch it on my phone. Hope Nintendo uploads the video on YouTube so I can watch it on my Wii U.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Me too ! I'm totally buying this game as soon as I can. I mean, so far it has been the best point of E3 to me (well, not like we've seen much on Nintendo's part lol.).

It was time for Toad to have his name in the title of a game !

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
You definitely should, I wish they had made more Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World, so I'm glad they'll make a game just for these.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm surprised Toad's own game will be on the Wii U instead of the 3DS. That's more than what Peach's own game got. It was on the DS instead of the Gamecube.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, I know. I hope Peach will have another game in the future too. I liked Princess Peach, it was pretty cool.

So... What do you think everyone ? Is Captain Toad THE Toad ?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I know. I hope Peach will have another game in the future too. I liked Princess Peach, it was pretty cool.

So... What do you think everyone ? Is Captain Toad THE Toad ?
As far as I am concerned, Captain Toad is the same Toad from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods and the Red Toad from Super Mario Sunshine.

Also, Toad's own game will have vegetables and Shy Guys. They were in Super Mario Bros. 2. It cannot be a coincidence.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wow. This was unexpected.

I love that it is an entirely unexplored style of play for a Mario game. This, along with possible new rep garb, really throws my 'he is obviously playable' statement into an exponential level.

Long Live the Captain!
The pic of him on the dragon reminded me of the one @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad drew of him on Ridley.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd assume Toad would be unlockable. Let us wait and see. Four whole months.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Holy sh...! He's right. Wonder if Nintendo saw that pic with Toads riding Ridley?
To be fair; Toad's ridden both Plessie and Yoshi so he's no stranger to reptile riding.

Today has been a beautiful day. I didn't even dislike the Mii as much as I thought I would(them not having random floating sphere hands helped) and Yoshi's Wooly World is insanely cute. Of course the news that Captain Toad is getting his own game was the most exciting for me personally.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm loving the captain Toad game. Gives Toad a great chance for Smash 5!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm loving the captain Toad game. Gives Toad a great chance for Smash 5!
What Toad needs is a Captain Toad sequel or two that are out before SSB5 is even announced. It is all about timing.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
What Toad needs is a Captain Toad sequel or two that are out before SSB5 is even announced. It is all about timing.
And Mario Kart cameos, playable perhaps, Mario Party, promotion...but he's already got a lot going for him, so it's looking good so far.

I was thinking; what if Toad was playable (haha) and one of his moves could be to pull off a Captain Toad? The picaxe, the light maybe...who knows what Nintendo could do? This could also just add on to the potential he already has in manners of power-ups and karts.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I came up with Toad's Final Smash... Turnip Minecart! This is based on Toad's own game.

A minecart appears and Toad hops in. Toad rides the train tracks in the foreground. Players can aim with the cursor and Toad will throw vegetables at opponents when players press the A button.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love my consolation prize. I have to thank Nintendo for finally giving Toad his own game. I ain't even disappointed at the lack of a playable Toad in Smash 4 (no excuses if he isn't in Smash 5).

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Pickaxe would be his final smash i think.
Turnup would be a special.
Ehhhh, i don't now more.
I would say captain toad is the likeliest mario newcomer. But still not likely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom