• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

EPX2

Smash Ace
Tom Nook and Toad are as deconfirmed as Gardevoir, you don't have to be a genius to know that.
Except they're not deconfirmed at all, we've already went over this.

"They're" is referring to Tom Nook and Toad, obviously.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
First of all, if you're going to have the audacity to criticize someone else's intelligence, at least make sure your grammar (you end questions with question marks) and reading comprehension skills are stellar. Not a good look. Secondly, Toad is not deconfirmed. You can cry that he is until your face turns blue, this simple fact will remain true - pending future updates, that is.

Yes, he is deconfirmed. He is not important enough to even be an AT. That is why he is a MOVE. It's ludicrous to think you would fight as a Toad when he is already part of a moveset.

Because, unlike myself, you're making all these wild claims without ANY evidence whatsoever. That's the exact definition of "unfounded," ergo, your claims are unfounded. Not that complex a concept to grasp. Once again, not really a good look for you to be criticizing my intelligence (or "lack of", as you decided to put it) when you don't even know the meaning of a very simple word.

And what is your evidence? Was he high on Sakurai's polls? What about Melee? Is that your evidence? He is a filler character and useless to the plot of Mario.

... what the hell are you talking about? Can you read? No, seriously - I'm not saying this to insinuate that you can't read. Can you *really* read? If so, you'd see that I already said that I'm not using the "lol there's more than one Toad" argument. Jesus Christ, please have your facts straight before you decide to jump into an argument.
I could see if you were supporting Toadsworth (even though he has no chance as PC either), but it is almost a 0% chance, and what facts am I not getting straight. The only fact you are not getting straight is that Toad is deconfirmed.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The bottom line is that no character in the history of Smash has been shown in a non-playable situation before being revealed as playable.
It's never happened before and there's no reason to think it'll happen now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, my bad I thought this was the Toad Discussion. I didn't realize it was the "Kinopio" Discussion.
. . . Are you trying to be clever? You can't honestly be trying to make a point that discussing Kinopio in the Toad Discussion thread is off topic. . . .

EPX2

Smash Ace

Yes, he is deconfirmed. He is not important enough to even be an AT. That is why he is a MOVE. It's ludicrous to think you would fight as a Toad when he is already part of a moveset.
Why is it ludicrous? Because it's already happened in at least one fighting game? Why exactly do you keep ignoring this point?

And what is your evidence? Was he high on Sakurai's polls? What about Melee? Is that your evidence? He is a filler character and useless to the plot of Mario.
My reasoning is based off the fact that he's a central Mario character (unlike true filler characters like Waluigi, he's appeared in several games of the main series), was widely requested in Melee, and seems to have a decent fanbase. No, he wasn't one of the most requested characters in Brawl - neither was Lucas, yet he's in the game. Wario and King Dedede were the third and fourth most requested newcomers in Melee, yet they didn't make it into the game. Not really sure what you're really trying to prove by bringing up polls.

I could see if you were supporting Toadsworth (even though he has no chance as PC either), but it is almost a 0% chance, and what facts am I not getting straight. The only fact you are not getting straight is that Toad is deconfirmed.
1. I'm not supporting anybody in this topic, what is so hard to understand about this? Numerous times in this topic have I already stated what my reasoning for posting here is.
2. You indirectly brought up the fact that there are numerous Koopa Troopas as if I were arguing that because Toad is a species, it's possible for him to be playable. THAT WAS NOT WHAT I WAS ARGUING. You obviously were under the impression that I was (otherwise, you wouldn't have even brought up a point that I never brought up), thus you didn't have your facts straight.
3. Once again with the unfounded, baseless claims. Toad is not deconfirmed. You know why we're still arguing about this? Because there's absolutely no way for you to prove that he's deconfirmed. For example, if I were arguing that Naruto had a chance at becoming playable, this argument would've ended by the first reply since it's a fact that characters who do not originate from video games literally have no shot at making it into the game.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...................................................................... this whole situation is so ****ed up and so familiar it's painful to watch.

You two over there should honestly get a hobby or something.

EPX2

Smash Ace
The bottom line is that no character in the history of Smash has been shown in a non-playable situation before being revealed as playable.
There's never been a playable character who previously appeared in the Smash series as a non-playable character - before Brawl.
No third-party character in the history has ever been a playable character in the Smash series - before Brawl.
There's never been a character who doesn't directly engage in any fighting themselves in the Smash series - before Brawl.
And so on.

Precedents can be set. There wasn't really much reason to believe anything I mentioned above would change, yet sure enough they did.

vesperview

Smash Hero
No third-party character in the history has ever been a playable character in the Smash series - before Brawl.
There's never been a character who doesn't directly engage in any fighting themselves in the Smash series - before Brawl.
And so on.
These make sense.

There's never been a playable character who previously appeared in the Smash series as a non-playable character - before Brawl.
This doesn't, that's not gonna happen is ridiculous.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Why is it ludicrous? Because it's already happened in at least one fighting game? Why exactly do you keep ignoring this point?

My reasoning is based off the fact that he's a central Mario character (unlike true filler characters like Waluigi, he's appeared in several games of the main series), was widely requested in Melee, and seems to have a decent fanbase. No, he wasn't one of the most requested characters in Brawl - neither was Lucas, yet he's in the game. Wario and King Dedede were the third and fourth most requested newcomers in Melee, yet they didn't make it into the game. Not really sure what you're really trying to prove by bringing up polls.
Yes, Lucas was on the poll, look it up for yourself.

1. I'm not supporting anybody in this topic, what is so hard to understand about this? Numerous times in this topic have I already stated what my reasoning for posting here is.
2. You indirectly brought up the fact that there are numerous Koopa Troopas as if I were arguing that because Toad is a species, it's possible for him to be playable. THAT WAS NOT WHAT I WAS ARGUING. You obviously were under the impression that I was (otherwise, you wouldn't have even brought up a point that I never brought up), thus you didn't have your facts straight.
3. Once again with the unfounded, baseless claims. Toad is not deconfirmed. You know why we're still arguing about this? Because there's absolutely no way for you to prove that he's deconfirmed. For example, if I were arguing that Naruto had a chance at becoming playable, this argument would've ended by the first reply since it's a fact that characters who do not originate from video games literally have no shot at making it into the game.
Well, there is no way to prove, as you say. But speculation says, he is already shown as a move just like he was in Melee. (And don't bring up Charizard, because HE WASN'T SHOWN IN BRAWL AS A NPC!) Well, if that's the case, I'm sorry I'm not Sakurai so I can completely deconfirm him right now, I wish I could.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

I will not disagree with you that Toad is deconfirmed, however your statements above that are pure bias. Idiotic bias, by the way. Toad is an important character and would have made a great character. The fact that he's deconfirmed doesn't mean that he wouldn't have been a great playable character or didn't deserve it, Sakurai just saw other characters as more important for this game, I suppose. (Isaac better be one of them. *evil glare*)

vesperview

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer's Charizard says "Hi!"
He wasn't part of a move like Toad and I misread your post, anyway, Charizard is just one of many Charizards, does that mean he will still be in a pokeball? NO! Is the same stupid argument everyone says in this thread, Toad has been shown as NOT playable in Brawl, he is not gonna appear all of the sudden in the newcomers section of the Dojo.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Yes, Lucas was on the poll, look it up for yourself.
... I'm aware of that. I even acknowledged that. However, neither Lucas nor Toad were the most requested characters.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't part of a move like Toad and I misread your post, anyway, Charizard is just one of many Charizards, does that mean he will still be in a pokeball? NO! Is the same stupid argument everyone says in this thread, Toad has been shown as NOT playable in Brawl, he is not gonna appear all of the sudden in the newcomers section of the Dojo.

What part of "I'm not using that argument" are you not understanding? Anyway, Toad has *not* been shown as being unplayable in Brawl. If he has, show me exactly where we can infer this from. And if you link me back to that screenshot of Peach using her B move, I'll just happily remind you that a precedent for a playable character comprising a large part of another character's moveset has already been set. :)

vesperview

Smash Hero
What part of "I'm not using that argument" are you not understanding? Anyway, Toad has *not* been shown as being unplayable in Brawl. If he has, show me exactly where we can infer this from. And if you link me back to that screenshot of Peach using her B move, I'll just happily remind you that a precedent for a playable character comprising a large part of another character's moveset has already been set. :)
Then what the hell are you arguing about? You clearly want Toad as a PC or think he can make it in order to bring all of that **** up.

Fawriel

Smash Master
What part of "don't try reasoning with a bunch of lousy trolls" don't you understand?

Oh, I didn't say that yet. My bad.

EDIT: "You clearly want Toad as a PC"

I rest my case.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Toad IS deconfirmed, however Megatron is just making a fool of himself. He could seriously be considered for SSB4, but hell Waluigi and Daisy would too, and even then it's a coin toss.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I missed alot...but I'll ignore that and press on forward with why Toad never really had a good chance.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Precedents can be set.
So? That doesn't mean they will be.
Plus a character being in a moveset and playable at the same time just doesn't make sense. They would have changed Peach's B move if they wanted Toad playable.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
What is there to try? He IS deconfirmed, there is not a precedent of a character being in two places at the same time, that's not gonna happen.
Excuses excuses... He's saying he wants you to ignore that and try to prove he should of been in blind of the fact he's deconfirmed. Don't fret, that takes away an arguement from my arsenal.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Then what the hell are you arguing about? You clearly want Toad as a PC or think he can make it in order to bring all of that **** up.
No effing duh, that's exactly what I've been saying through this entire topic.

So? That doesn't mean they will be.
Plus a character being in a moveset and playable at the same time just doesn't make sense. They would have changed Peach's B move if they wanted Toad playable.
You say that as if the SSB series is known for making a great deal of sense.

It doesn't make sense that Ness and Zelda are using moves that they didn't use in their own games. It doesn't make sense that characters who never meet in-game are duking it out with each other in SSB/M. It doesn't make much sense that you can have two Marios wailing on each other. But no one cares about these logical inconsisties because you're not supposed to be focusing on these minor (in the world of Smash) issues.

What is there to try? He IS deconfirmed, there is not a precedent of a character being in two places at the same time, that's not gonna happen.
Do you not, like, read posts? The precedent was set when Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was released. If you're referring to the SSB series, I've already provided three examples of other outcomes that were similarly considered "impossible" that have already come to reality in Brawl. Your entire argument is pretty much the following: "nuh uh i dun kare wut u say toad wont b playable".

vesperview

Smash Hero
Do you not, like, read posts? The precedent was set when Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was released. If you're referring to the SSB series, I've already provided three examples of other outcomes that were similarly considered "impossible" that have already come to reality in Brawl. Your entire argument is pretty much the following: "nuh uh i dun kare wut u say toad wont b playable".
What are your three examples? Similar is not what we're arguing here, Toad won't be fighting and also in Peach's moveset at the same time, is stupid!

EPX2

Smash Ace
What are your three examples?
You've already responded to one of them, so there's no need for me to repeat myself as you've obviously read them. Just look back a few posts.

Similar is not what we're arguing here, Toad won't be fighting and also in Peach's moveset at the same time, is stupid!
You're right, similar isn't what we're arguing here... okay? I'm saying that because this, admittedly, may not be a very likely outcome doesn't mean it's one that can never occur; to say otherwise is foolish. Several outcomes that were also considered impossible have already happened, so insisting that one that seems just as unlikely as those won't happen is pretty ridiculous after all we've seen so far.

Honestly, you're making it seem as if I'm saying that Toad is going to be a secret transformation for Mario or something; it's not that wild for there to be a character who appears as both a playable character and as part of another character's moveset. I don't know why you see this as being so outrageous, but seem to have no problem with every other "impossible" outcome that's occurred so far.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
One word:
falco

vesperview

Smash Hero
You've already responded to one of them, so there's no need for me to repeat myself as you've obviously read them. Just look back a few posts.

You're right, similar isn't what we're arguing here... okay? I'm saying that because this, admittedly, may not be a very likely outcome doesn't mean it's one that can never occur; to say otherwise is foolish. Several outcomes that were also considered impossible have already happened, so insisting that one that seems just as unlikely as those won't happen is pretty ridiculous after all we've seen so far.

Honestly, you're making it seem as if I'm saying that Toad is going to be a secret transformation for Mario or something; it's not that wild for there to be a character who appears as both a playable character and as part of another character's moveset. I don't know why you see this as being so outrageous, but seem to have no problem with every other "impossible" outcome that's occurred so far.
Whatever keep on dreaming, seriously you are another victim of these boards, brainwashing people with their wishful thinking, anyone can just say oh well Toad is in Peach's moves tough luck, but no everyone here has to keep saying Nook, Gardevoir and Toad will be playable, is plain stupid, the argument is pointless.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Whatever keep on dreaming, seriously you are another victim of these boards, brainwashing people with their wishful thinking, anyone can just say oh well Toad is in Peach's moves tough luck, but no everyone here has to keep saying Nook, Gardevoir and Toad will be playable, is plain stupid, the argument is pointless.
yes but Toad has far more going for him than Gardevoir or tom nook.

the whole species thing takes out TN right away... I mean there is only one.

Toad and Garde, there are lots of 'em.

however, unlike Garde, there is ONE Toad as well. There is no really important garde that exists, but toad well... Toad is both the collective name for mushroom people and toad is also a singular person. Toad (I guess you guys are using his Japanese name, kinopio to distinguish here) is a fairly important character with LOADS of history, a large fan base and, unlike the other two, he was actually requested on the polls quite a bit IIRC. Plus he's not in a pokeball or AT

EPX2

Smash Ace
Please don't respond to my posts unless you actually read them. Reading is fundamental, after all. I never once said Toad will be playable, I simply said that there's nothing stopping him from being playable. You're arguing as if I'm insisting that Toad will be a playable character and I'm not.

It's funny how people can swear up and down on their lives that a simple fact such as that is completely untrue.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yes toad's chances look a bit bleaker since one of his bretheren takes up residence in peach's pocket, but it's not an impossibility by a long shot.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I never once said Toad will be playable, I simply said that there's nothing stopping him from being playable.
Saying he can be playable is the same as saying he will be playable, even if the chances expressed in your statement differ, you are saying Toad has a chance of being playable, that's what I'm arguing cause it's not true, and if you're not insisting that he can be playable why on earth do you come back with a new argument everytime someone tells you so?

EPX2

Smash Ace
Saying he can be playable is the same as saying he will be playable, even if the chances expressed in your statement differ, you are saying Toad has a chance of being playable, that's what I'm arguing cause it's not true.
You seriously need to learn the difference between stating a possibility and an absolutism...

If I were to say, "It may possibly rain today," you're saying that's the same as saying, "It will rain today"? Because if you are, you're so wrong, it's not even funny.

You keep saying that Toad has no chance of being playable, yet you have absolutely nothing to prove this claim, so until you do come up with something other than your own personal opinions, Toad continues to have a chance.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You seriously need to learn the difference between stating a possibility and an absolutism...

If I were to say, "It may possibly rain today," you're saying that's the same as saying, "It will rain today"? Because if you are, you're so wrong, it's not even funny.

You keep saying that Toad has no chance of being playable, yet you have absolutely nothing to prove this claim, so until you do come up with something other than your own personal opinions, Toad continues to have a chance.
Yet you keep offering precedent crap to support you're statements, get it through your head that Toad WON'T be in Brawl and stop being an idiot.

Top Bottom