• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
*bump*

Still not giving up hope on Toad, just like I'm not giving up on Ness!
Bless your dedicated heart. I too wanted Toad as PC...but alas....he just doesn't seem cool enough in Sakurai's eyes.... :(

As a big Mother 2 fan....I also hope Ness comes back....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lulz, Chris. JUST SAY NO SAKURAI!

On topics - How the **** would Toad fit in? He's already one of Peach's B moves. Lul.
Among the hundreds of posts since the day of Peach's confirmation, you're the first person to bring that up! Congratulations. I hope stating the obvious was as much fun for you to type as it was for me to read for the 230984th time.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Toad had his chance to be in Smash long ago during the Melee polls....

It didn't matter that he broke the top ten....

He didn't become a PC. :(

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How about neither, if any other Mario characters deserve to be PC it should go to Bowser Jr.
How do you figure? Bowser Jr. hasn't been in nearly as many canon games as Toad, but I will admit Toad's role has diminished with each new Mario release.....

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
How do you figure? Bowser Jr. hasn't been in nearly as many canon games as Toad, but I will admit Toad's role has diminished with each new Mario release.....
Maybe not considering he wasn't in the series until Sunshine. Jr. has played important roles in 3 major games now and possibly more in the future. He has a bigger role than Toad regardless

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
That has been said, but then again Toad was popular during Melee in which they could've done the same thing, but it never happened. I don't see them doing it here either.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That has been said, but then again Toad was popular during Melee in which they could've done the same thing, but it never happened. I don't see them doing it here either.
I hate to say it...but this guys right.....Sakurai showed us he hated Toad back in Melee....sniff....

First he didn't make him PC, then he added him as a Peach shield!

:(

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Toad's been a filler in all Mario games, he's cool being in Mario Kart, Party, whatever... he has never been important enough to actually be in a Smash game as playable.
Waluigi is a filler character...

Actually, I'd like him to be in Brawl, too, but not to the extent of Toad.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He wasn't in the original and it still doesn't mean he isn't more than a filler, you can also use Peach and Luigi in that game.
Doesn't matter if he wasn't in the original. Neither was Bowser Jr.

Btw, you could use Peach and Luigi in that game, but where are they at now?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Doesn't matter if he wasn't in the original. Neither was Bowser Jr.

Btw, you could use Peach and Luigi in that game, but where are they at now?
That's b/c Jr. was not made until Mario Sunshine. Jr. has made continous appearances in Mario games ever since Sunshine not to mention he's in Galaxy too.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
in toad's defense I shall say:
Falco was in the arwing AND a PC in the same game.
Dr. Mario was a character even though mario was a character too.

the whole 2 places at once conundrum doesn't seem to phase sakurai

Top Bottom