• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That's b/c Jr. was not made until Mario Sunshine. Jr. has made continous appearances in Mario games ever since Sunshine not to mention he's in Galaxy too.
Its not the point. Vesper said Toad wasn't in the original game, which is definitely not a prerequisite to getting into Smash.

If that were the case, Ness would have never been put in or Lucas in Brawl for that matter.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Its not the point. Vesper said Toad wasn't in the original game, which is definitely not a prerequisite to getting into Smash.

If that were the case, Ness would have never been put in or Lucas in Brawl for that matter.
Oh God, I meant he was not the lead in that game, nor is Peach and Luigi, don't tell Toad has ever had a lead in a game where the story revolved around him cause he hasn't, he is always there to give you tips and do nothing, that's why he is a filler.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He wasn't in the original and it still doesn't mean he isn't more than a filler, you can also use Peach and Luigi in that game, I meant not filler in a way like Luigi isn't a filler or Peach isn't a filler.
You're still forgetting that Luigi, Peach, & Toad had the same amount of importance in the game. Mario arguably had the most importance since it was his dream, but thats beside the point.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
in toad's defense I shall say:
Falco was in the arwing AND a PC in the same game.
Dr. Mario was a character even though mario was a character too.

the whole 2 places at once conundrum doesn't seem to phase sakurai
Who says that any clones will be in Brawl. The thing you mentioned has to do with Melee, this is BRAWL

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Oh God, I meant he was not the lead in that game, nor is Peach and Luigi, don't tell Toad has ever had a lead in a game where the story revolved around him cause he hasn't, he is always there to give you tips and do nothing, that's why he is a filler.
Peach was never given her own game prior to melee. She got in anyways. Granted, she was a pc in SMRPG, but that still doesn't show how getting your own game is a must when she was obviously not the one wearing the Mario cap prior to melee.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You're still forgetting that Luigi, Peach, & Toad had the same amount of importance in the game. Mario arguably had the most importance since it was his dream, but thats beside the point.
So? In case you forgot, Mario Bros 2 isn't even originally a Mario game:

It's called Dream Factory in Japan.

Peach was never given her own game prior to melee. She got in anyways. Granted, she was a pc in SMRPG, but that still doesn't show how getting your own game is a must when she was obviously not the one wearing the Mario cap prior to melee.
How can you compare Toad to Peach? Is ridiculous... is like saying Tingle is as important as Zelda.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
True, but Peach has a lot more importance to the series than Toad. If Peach wasn't kidnapped ever, then there'd be no Mario and if there was Mario there'd be no use for him..

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So? In case you forgot, Mario Bros 2 isn't even originally a Mario game:

It's called Dream Factory in Japan.
It still ended up as a Mario game and a canon one at that. Adapted by Shigeru Miyamoto and turned into SMB 2. It was canon enough to be represented as an official Mario stage in Melee. Peach's ability to pull turnips from the ground is also reminiscent of SMB 2. The adapation was called Super Mario USA in Japan. Guess that game was never considered a Mario game over there.

How can you compare Toad to Peach? Is ridiculous... is like saying Tingle is as important as Zelda.
In SMRPG, the story zoomed in on Smithy and the Star Road once Mario found & rescued Peach. In SMB 2, Peach had the same amount of importance as Luigi & Toad. In the two games Peach was playable in prior to melee, she was never the main focus of the story. Which is what you downplayed Toad for.

In every game Peach was actually relevant in prior to melee, she was nothing more than a damsel in distress, a role with little more importance than selling stars, saving games, and shouting how Bowser has taken the princess.

vesperview

Smash Hero
In every game Peach was actually relevant in prior to melee, she was nothing more than a damsel in distress, a role with little more importance than selling stars, saving games, and shouting how Bowser has taken the princess.
This is what took you that long to type? God! Damsel in distress? Maybe, important enough to the franchise to be a playable character in the smash series? Hell yeah! Toad? Not so much.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This is what took you that long to type? God! Damsel in distress? Maybe, important enough to the franchise to be a playable character in the smash series? Hell yeah! Toad? Not so much.
Lol. Getting a little irritable are we? I never saw your response until a min ago. Don't feel too important now. I love how you back up your arguments so well with sarcasm and poor evidence. :rolleyes:

vesperview

Smash Hero
My last response says hi.

I hope you aren't just going to brush off that wall of facts which happen to be staring you in the face.
What facts? That Toad never had a game of his own unlike Luigi and Peach, that he's still nothing more to the Mario series than what a Moogle is to the Final Fantasy series? Seriously, you've been using lame comparisons to put Toad in a pedestal... it's pathetic.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
It still ended up as a Mario game and a canon one at that. Adapted by Shigeru Miyamoto and turned into SMB 2. It was canon enough to be represented as an official Mario stage in Melee. Peach's ability to pull turnips from the ground is also reminiscent of SMB 2. The adapation was called Super Mario USA in Japan. Guess that game was never considered a Mario game over there.

In SMRPG, the story zoomed in on Smithy and the Star Road once Mario found & rescued Peach. In SMB 2, Peach had the same amount of importance as Luigi & Toad. In the two games Peach was playable in prior to melee, she was never the main focus of the story. Which is what you downplayed Toad for.

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH BACK UP BACK UP! Oh, nevermind. Did you know Mario in every game he just jumps on stuff, collects stars, and kills turtles?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What facts? That Toad never had a game of his own unlike Luigi and Peach, that he's still nothing more to the Mario series than what a Moogle is to the Final Fantasy series? Seriously, you've been using lame comparisons to put Toad in a pedestal... it's pathetic.
You're still dodging that little bit about Luigi and Peach never having a game of their own prior to melee. Your last argument rid on Peach's importance, in which I showed just how valuable she actually was in the games she was playable in and in the ones she wasnt before melee.

vesperview

Smash Hero
She didn't AVOID your last response, she was just responding to someone else, God...:ohwell:
.......She????

You're still dodging that little bit about Luigi and Peach never having a game of their own prior to melee. Your last argument rid on Peach's importance, in which I showed just how valuable she actually was in the games she was playable in and in the ones she wasnt before melee.
Peach being playable in Mario RPG is enough involvement in a game to make her an important character, plus, some of her moves derive from that game, and Luigi's Mansion came out before Melee even Mario is Missing came out before Melee, what's your point?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
By the way, did you know that Krystal is just some british accented cat that wears barely any clothes and is just some weird addition to Starfox? Oh yes I did.
If by "cat", you mean "person", then yes you are right. Krystal is normally considered a Fox. She could have been a cat, but wasn't.

She is definitely the most wierd addition to Star Fox. I'd have to agree with you there also and she is voiced by Alesia who does have a British accent.

Is this supposed to offend me? :confused:

If so just tell me and I'll whip up a generic mother joke for you.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
If by "cat", you mean "person", then yes you are right. Krystal is normally considered a Fox. She could have been a cat, but wasn't.

She is definitely the most wierd addition to Star Fox. I'd have to agree with you there also and she is voiced by Alesia who does have a British accent.

Is this supposed to offend me? :confused:

If so just tell me and I'll whip up a generic mother joke for you.
...You're that clueless aren't you? What now, a "UR MOMMA" joke? You are ignorant. How does Peach contribute nothing to Mario Games? Her being kidnapped is the whole **** point of Mario games.

Besides, You call her a person and a fox. What the hell is it? If she's the weirdest addition, why would a troll like you have your avatar and sn with her on it?

Top Bottom