• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Her name was Princess Toadstool she's been in Mario games since the beginning, now if you're talking about the arcade game with Donkey Kong, that's hardly a Mario game, better luck to you next time.
That's not Mario. That's what lead to Mario. The guy there is called "Jumpman".

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Her name was Princess Toadstool she's been in Mario games since the beginning, now if you're talking about the arcade game with Donkey Kong, that's hardly a Mario game, better luck to you next time.
OHHH, so close, AGAIN! But we were actually looking for Mario Bros., Mario Bros., ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks for playing, hope you've had a good time.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You're that clueless aren't you? What now, a "UR MOMMA" joke? You are ignorant. How does Peach contribute nothing to Mario Games? Her being kidnapped is the whole **** point of Mario games.
I never said Peach contributed nothing to the Mario games. What I did say was that she wasn't the franchise making character people made her out to be. Should I mention how the original Mario Bros. never featured Peach? I'll just throw that out there.

Besides, You call her a person and a fox.
"Cat" is slang for "person". I assumed you had meant that. If you actually meant to call Krystal a cat (the animal), then you are on a different planet.

What the hell is it? If she's the weirdest addition, why would a troll like you have your avatar and sn with her on it
I like odd, yet interesting additions. Krystal wouldn't exactly be considered your normal Star Fox member. She was found on a dinosaur planet in tribal wear. Does that sound like your normal Star Fox member applicant to you? Mind you, she had no prior experience as a pilot like Falco had and was not an engineer like Slippy, nor was she a long time member of Star Fox and friend of James Mc. Cloud like Peppy was.

vesperview

Smash Hero
OHHH, so close, AGAIN! But we were actually looking for Mario Bros., Mario Bros., ladies and gentlemen.

Ok, What the hell are you talking about? That's exactly what I was saying, don't try to come off as being clever, cause yours is the most failed attempt I've seen.

Mario Bros. = Mario games

WOW... do I have to make myself more clear? Are you one of those people that need to have a Gardevoir update in the dojo to know she's deconfirmed too?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

..Metroid. Samus' name isn't in her series, ergo it ISN'T HER SERIES!!!!! Nice job, and stp being a smartass.
I never said Peach contributed nothing to the Mario games. What I did say was that she wasn't the franchise making character people made her out to be. Should I mention how the original Mario Bros. never featured Peach? I'll just throw that out there.

"Cat" is slang for "person". I assumed you had meant that. If you actually meant to call Krystal a cat (the animal), then you are on a different planet.

I like odd, yet interesting additions. Krystal wouldn't exactly be considered your normal Star Fox member. She was found on a dinosaur planet in tribal wear. Does that sound like your normal Star Fox member applicant to you? Mind you, she had no prior experience as a pilot like Falco had and was not an engineer like Slippy, nor was she a long time member of Star Fox and friend of James Mc. Cloud like Peppy was.
Never "featured" Peach? She was the girl you supposed to save at the end of the game. Looks like someone didn't reach the end.

I thought Krystal was a cat. How in hell is cat slang for person? I never see cats going rolling down the hood and blasting music, do you? I don't live in a 4chan cat meme world.

Krystal, you like to pay attention to certain details but then ignore the real backstory to the character. You show it right there.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why are there always big arguments in this topic?

Why can't the Toad haters just leave the Toad fans alone? Is it such a hard concept?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Never "featured" Peach? She was the girl you supposed to save at the end of the game. Looks like someone didn't reach the end.

I thought Krystal was a cat. How in hell is cat slang for person? I never see cats going rolling down the hood and blasting music, do you? I don't live in a 4chan cat meme world.
Krystal isn't a cat buddy. She wasn't in SFA and she sure isn't in Assault. I won't go to deep into the slang stuff. I will say this: "Those cats are crazy if they think George Bush will be in brawl". Some people use "cats" in that context. I just couldn't believe that you actually thought Krystal was a cat. Kat was a cat. Krystal is a Fox.

Krystal, you like to pay attention to certain details but then ignore the real backstory to the character. You show it right there.
What backstory am I ignoring here? I knew Krystal was almost turned into a cat for Adventures. Thing is she ended up as a Fox in SFA.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd hardly call this a big argument.
What would you call it? A scuffle? A disagreement? No matter what you call it, it's all the same thing. You're arguing about Toad's status as a Mario character.

Regardless, that's all fine and dandy. If you want to discuss Toad's relevance in a civil manner, that's fine. But it's people like Biggie Smalls who really get under people's skin. Rather than trying to convey why exactly he thinks of Toad as a boring filling character, he attacks the people that don't share his view ("why doesn't anyone realize Toad is a bland filler character?"). He even attacked Krystal, a character with no relation to the discussion whatsoever, just because one of the people on the side opposite his own happens to be a fan of her. How low.

You want to moan about Toad's importance to the Mario series? Fine. Redundant, but fine. But there's a way of going about it without being rude for no reason to people who haven't done you any harm (note: Vesperview, this isn't all directed at you. I just happened to get started on a rant in the same post I'm quoting you in).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Why are you even arguing Krystal being a cat? Another one of your pathetic trolling attempts?
Can you read? I never said Krystal was a cat. I clearly stated she was a fox. Biggie said she was a cat.

If anyone is trolling, its you.

BTW, I never brought up Krystal in the first place.

YOU did.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Can you read? I never said Krystal was a cat. I clearly stated she was a fox. Biggie said she was a cat.

YOU did.
No, you were the one bringing up other characters in this argument to compare them to Toad's importance not me, hahaha, not to mention your little ordeal at the Geno and Ashley threads.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

YOU did.
No, I did.

Circus, I'm not doing anything but questioning Krystal why the hell she thinks Peach means nothing to the Mario Series. She turns it into a troll war.

If you're just going to keep *****ing about me "trolling about Toad", I might just do so. You obviously hate me for not wanting Toad, and make up false accusations along the way.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No, you were the one bringing up other characters in this argument to compare them to Toad's importance not me, hahaha, not to mention your little ordeal at the Geno and Ashley threads.
Yeah I guess the Geno and Ashley threads have anything to do with how you turned this into a Peach vs. Krystal discussion.

BTW, comparing characters to Toad in a topic about Toad to make an argument for Toad is not off topic posting. :rolleyes:

No, I did.
Congratulations, you just admitted to trolling.

Circus, I'm not doing anything but questioning Krystal why the hell she thinks Peach means nothing to the Mario Series. She turns it into a troll war.
Again, you are putting words into my mouth. I never said Peach meant nothing to the Mario series and you're just calling this a "troll war" because you have your foot up your mouth. Need I remind you that you brought up Krystal for no other reason than to take a shot at me?

If you're just going to keep *****ing about me "trolling about Toad", I might just do so. You obviously hate me for not wanting Toad, and make up false accusations along the way.
Buddy, the second you walked into this thread, you started trolling the topic.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Yeah I guess the Geno and Ashley threads have anything to do with how you turned this into a Peach vs. Krystal discussion.

BTW, comparing characters to Toad in a topic about Toad to make an argument for Toad is not off topic posting. :rolleyes:
I didn't bring up either Krystal or Peach, I just said Peach is more important than Krystal, that's no lie.

and comparing Luigi to Toad is WAY off topic.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

Something smells. And it's not Godot's coffee. Why do you think we're blind?

You're saying he brought up Peach, but then you add that little tidbit of not being off topic by "comparing characters to Toad to make an arguement for Toad".

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No, I did.

I don't hate you for not wanting Toad. I'm just bothered by the way you approach the people in this thread. Your first post coming back into this thread was "How do you people not get that Toad is just a bland filler character?"

In case you weren't aware of the tone of that sentence, it comes off as incredibly rude. You don't like Toad. That's very clear, and that's okay. But you do not need to storm into a thread full of Toad fans and insult their character that way for no good reason. If you just wanted to post your opinion about Toad in a polite way, that would've been alright. Someone would've surely posted their disagreeance with you, but it probably would've just evolved into healthy discussion. Instead, we're practically at a flame war. It's really no wonder you've been accused of being a troll. What did you expect to happen when you posted that in a thread that clearly houses fans of Toad?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I don't hate you for not wanting Toad. I'm just bothered by the way you approach the people in this thread. Your first post coming back into this thread was "How do you people not get that Toad is just a bland filler character?"

In case you weren't aware of the tone of that sentence, it comes off as incredibly rude. You don't like Toad. That's very clear, and that's okay. But you do not need to storm into a thread full of Toad fans and insult their character that way for no good reason. If you just wanted to post your opinion about Toad in a polite way, that would've been alright. Someone would've surely posted their disagreeance with you, but it probably would've just evolved into healthy discussion. Instead, we're practically at a flame war. It's really no wonder you've been accused of being a troll. What did you expect to happen when you posted that in a thread that clearly houses fans of Toad?
I'm explaining my view of him. Besides, you're saying that "I don't think Ashley should be in Brawl" in an Ashley thread is trolling? I hope not.

Krystal is much more the troll here. I don't flame anyone unless provoked. Krystal comparing Geno to a mother****ing Digimon got me pumped. You pull this crap on me one more time, and I'll be the Krystal to your Toad thread.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Something smells. And it's not Godot's coffee. Why do you think we're blind?

You're saying he brought up Peach, but then you add that little tidbit of not being off topic by "comparing characters to Toad to make an arguement for Toad".
I'm saying he compared Krytal to Peach which lead to a Peach vs. Krystal discussion. Krystal had nothing to do with Toad. Peach has everything to do with Toad. The little guy is one of her moves for crying out loud.

Krystal is much more the troll here. I don't flame anyone unless provoked. Krystal comparing Geno to a mother****ing Digimon got me pumped. You pull this crap on me one more time, and I'll be the Krystal to your Toad thread.
You need to let whatever is bothering you go, because this topic does not need your angry, misinformed rants, or your threats. If you want to be a troll to get revenge then so be it. Just don't expect me to sink to your level when you start tossing personal attacks.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Ok, What the hell are you talking about? That's exactly what I was saying, don't try to come off as being clever, cause yours is the most failed attempt I've seen.

Mario Bros. = Mario games

WOW... do I have to make myself more clear? Are you one of those people that need to have a Gardevoir update in the dojo to know she's deconfirmed too?
I was trying to make you look stupid. Mario Bros. came before Super Mario Bros.; therefore, Princess Toadstoll WASN'T there since the beginning.

And no, until I find cold hard evidence that Toad is absolutely, COMPLETELY deconfirmed, then I'll still have hope. As long as there is still the smallest possibility that a character is plausable, then I'll still root for him.

And don't talk to me as if I'm stupid, because I assume you, I am well aware of what I'm talking about, and if you can't understand what I say, then, well...

I have bad communication skills, sorry. I blame my Aspergers (Autism).

And the reason why I took so long to reply was because my dad had to use the computer.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Super Mario Bros = First Mario game in the NES in 1985, nice work genius!
...So? First game for the NES, for Game with Mario in the title?

Who really give a ****. Really, what was you're point with that post, like, at all? :ohwell:

Mario Bros. came before Super Mario Bros., for the arcade, BTW.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm explaining my view of him. Besides, you're saying that "I don't think Ashley should be in Brawl" in an Ashley thread is trolling? I hope not.
No, I'm not saying that. But you worded that example about Ashley much more politely than what you said when you popped back into this thread.

"How do you people not get that Toad is just a bland filler character?" is not the same as "I don't think Toad should be in Brawl". As I just said in my last post, if you just wanted to discuss your opinion politely, that would be different. But you came in here like a troll, insulting the people that like a character you don't. You've since been giving reasons for your opinion, which is good, but you could've come into this thread with a lot more tact.

I guess you're referring to another thread? I haven't seen what she posted about Geno. If she trolled Geno's thread or something, then that certainly isn't any better, but I don't think that excuses attacking someone else's opinion on a character. If Krystal has wronged you, I'm sorry. But the other Toad fans in here don't deserve the spillover from your vendetta against her.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I was trying to make you look stupid. Mario Bros. came before Super Mario Bros.; therefore, Princess Toadstoll WASN'T there since the beginning.

And no, until I find cold hard evidence that Toad is absolutely, COMPLETELY deconfirmed, then I'll still have hope. As long as there is still the smallest possibility that a character is plausable, then I'll still root for him.

And don't talk to me as if I'm stupid, because I assume you, I am well aware of what I'm talking about, and if you can't understand what I say, then, well...

I have bad communication skills, sorry. I blame my Aspergers (Autism).

And the reason why I took so long to reply was because my dad had to use the computer.
You're trying to make him look stupid, yet there's a Waluigi for Brawl in your Signature.
I'm saying he compared Krytal to Peach which lead to a Peach vs. Krystal discussion. Krystal had nothing to do with Toad. Peach has everything to do with Toad. The little guy is one of her moves for crying out loud.

You need to let whatever is bothering you go, because this topic does not need your angry, misinformed rants, or your threats. If you want to be a troll to get revenge then so be it. Just don't expect me to sink to your level when you start tossing personal attacks.
MY RANTS? I didn't forget.

I apologize to the Ashley supporters, the ones who had nothing to do with the pic. (Obviously)

As for the Geno Alliance: Go to hell. :chuckle:
If I was being a crybaby I would not be laughing. Oh and you guys started this crap with the whole pic deal so don't go around saying I am flaming you. I just think it is halarious that you think Ashley will be in Brawl at all.
Simply questioning why everyone likes Ashley.

Now, we know who started it. You people better not pin this on me or I'll go Geno on your *****.
Yay, Pinocchio for Brawl!

When Geno talks about being in Brawl his nose grows bigger.
Lol. Ain't that the truth.
That's puppetmon from Digimon, comparing him to Geno is an EPIC FAIL!
Thank you for pointing that out for me vesperview. :)

I completely forgot that Puppetmon is way cooler. ;)
You do know people can look at previous pages now? right? and... yes. He is hurt by your comments... thats why he is laughing at them.

And if you dont want a Geno vs Ashley war... don't start one.
Geno? Zzzzzz.

I think I've seen him somewhere before....

Ashley for brawl.
lol, that is funny. Just make sure the Geno supporters don't find this.
Hey, I'm a Geno supporter, and that's not Geno. I don't see how it can be used against him at all.:ohwell:
I'm also a Geno supporter, but I'm not going to attack. :laugh:

vesperview

Smash Hero
...So? First game for the NES, for Game with Mario in the title?

Who really give a ****. Really, what was you're point with that post, like, at all? :ohwell:

Mario Bros. came before Super Mario Bros., for the arcade, BTW.
Now you're putting it on me? That's the first Mario game, where the hell are you trying to get with this? You're the one who started it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I didn't bring up either Krystal or Peach, I just said Peach is more important than Krystal, that's no lie.

and comparing Luigi to Toad is WAY off topic.
Actually Krystal is less important to Star Fox than Peach to the Mario series, your comparisons FAIL!
Comparing Luigi to Toad when it comes to SMB 2 relevance is not off topic nor is it off topic when we are discussing why Luigi got into melee as a PC while Toad didn't.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Comparing Luigi to Toad when it comes to SMB 2 relevance is not off topic nor is it off topic when we are discussing why Luigi got into melee as a PC while Toad didn't.
Oh jesus and you call me captain obvious? LMAO that's exactly what I said in my post, I said Peach is more important than Krystal, I wasn't the one that brought up either of them, so going along with the discussion is far from being off topic, you're the one that started saying how Luigi and Peach were equally or even less important than Toad before Melee came out, which even you know it's bs.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Now you're putting it on me? That's the first Mario game, where the hell are you trying to get with this? You're the one who started it.
Did I, now? Did I?

Actually, I forget who started this, or how it even got here. That's the thing with arguments.

In a way, in trying to make each other look stupid, we're forgetting what this topic is for, and it's about Toad's chances in Brawl...

Which are now UNREASONABLY slim... But there is still one small chance. ;)

And Biggie Smalls, just shut up.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You're trying to make him look stupid, yet there's a Waluigi for Brawl in your Signature.

MY RANTS? I didn't forget.
Funny because you walked into that thread with a similar post to the one you first made here. That doesn't excuse my pic, but that doesn't justify your actions. :)

2 wrongs don't make a right. Quit pretending to be Batman. There was no troll action here before you showed up.

Ashley fad people, meet Geno(The better choice). Jimmy T. gets in before her, and neither are getting in. People are overreacting about her. This is Animal Crossing character logic. Song=Character, not to mention she got brownie points for being a female. The real person who drags children to hell is Driblim, that pogeyman balloon thing. Some idiot twisted it to Ashley, and I have no clue who in hell coined it.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Well, you heard the button, get out of here you troll!
Brush up on Comedy, Carrot Top. You're trying to confuse someone and execute humor more bland than Toad(Yeah, *****, just for that I said it).

Your best response for reasoning out why Waluigi should be in Brawl is shut up. You sure you smart?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Funny because you walked into that thread with a similar post to the one you first made here. That doesn't excuse my pic, but that doesn't justify your actions. :)

2 wrongs don't make a right. Quit pretending to be Batman. There was no troll action here before you showed up.
I'm not Batman.

Oh, were in that post did I say Geno has this so he's better than Ashley? I'm trying to convert some of you.

I clearly said she had no fanbase 'till she got the song. Her coined phrase was even stolen, not to mention her club name. Of course, that all had to do with Geno.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Brush up on Comedy, Carrot Top. You're trying to confuse someone and execute humor more bland than Toad(Yeah, *****, just for that I said it).

Your best response for reasoning out why Waluigi should be in Brawl is shut up. You sure you smart?
You're just getting annoying, really, please jsut go away if you're jsut here to complain about Toad never being in Brawl.

And I can be quite intellecutal under certain circumstances, but idiots often don't see thst sort of light behind all the stupid blinding their face.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You're just getting annoying, really, please jsut go away if you're jsut here to complain about Toad never being in Brawl.

And I can be quite intellecutal under certain circumstances, but idiots often don't see thst sort of light behind all the stupid blinding their face.
Being intellectual=saying shut up and go away. Thanks for enlightening me.

You have a habit of turning the tables, don't you? You set up something, then let someone fall in the snare. You really, really need to get a life.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Oh jesus and you call me captain obvious? LMAO that's exactly what I said in my post, I said Peach is more important than Krystal, I wasn't the one that brought up either of them, so going along with the discussion is far from being off topic
Sparking an off topic discussion means you're responsible for the off topic discussion. (obviously)

Peach being more important than Krystal was not only unrelated to Toad in anyway, but started an off topic comparison war of why Peach is more important than Krystal.

Peach was there since the start & Krystal was not etc. etc.

you're the one that started saying how Luigi and Peach were equally or even less important than Toad before Melee came out, which even you know it's bs
I said Luigi, Peach, and Toad had equal importance in SMB 2. A canon Mario game that inspired a stage in melee and a Peach move. I brought that up because you asked for a Mario game in which Toad actually did something of importance. I brought up SMB 2. You said Toad was not in the original (which you know you did), I proved that logic to be faulty. You said Toad was never the lead in the story. I told you how Peach did the same things you downplayed Toad for in the games she wasn't playable in and how Peach was not the focus of the story in the games she actually was playable in.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Sparking an off topic discussion means you're responsible for the off topic discussion. (obviously)

Peach being more important than Krystal was not only unrelated to Toad in anyway, but started an off topic comparison war of why Peach is more important than Krystal.

Peach was there since the start & Krystal was not etc. etc.
Of that I'm guilty.

I said Luigi, Peach, and Toad had equal importance in SMB 2. A canon Mario game that inspired a stage in melee and a Peach move. I brought that up because you asked for a Mario game in which Toad actually did something of importance. I brought up SMB 2. You said Toad was not in the original (which you know you did), I proved that logic to be faulty. You said Toad was never the lead in the story. I told you how Peach did the same things you downplayed Toad for in the games she wasn't playable in and how Peach was not the focus of the story in the games she actually was playable in.
It's still a lie cause Toad is far from being as important as Luigi and Peach.

Peach = Leading female in the Mario series, has her own game.
Luigi = Mario's brother, has two games starring him, even if one of them sucks.
Toad = Supporting generic character.

Now tell me why is Toad is as important or why that comparison even makes sense? As I said, it's like saying Tingle is as important as Zelda.

Top Bottom