• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I cant believe this is still going on, I dont see how you people can still hold the ideal of toad being in still.being a part of a moveset is probably one of the biggest deconfirmations I have ever seen.
What part of all the "it doesn't matter, some people still want to talk about him, so why do you even care?" posts didn't make sense to you?

also even if they wanted to add him as playable, they couldnt, due to his size setup in brawl(as a move), he would be too small to work.
I'm glad you know this for a fact.

I admit that the size he's at as Peach's moveset seems difficult to work with, and it isn't likely that he be much bigger than that if they also decided to make him a PC. But you make it sound as if there's a set size restriction on PC's, which there isn't. Toad really doesn't seem that much smaller than Kirby is in Smash.

That also doesn't mean he shouldn't be a PC based on importance or popularity.

EDIT:he shouldnt be in brawl because if his set size, also, he is out prioritized by anumber of characters.
Like who? Bowser Jr? Waluigi? Petey Piranha? Don't even start. Toad's the only part of the Big 8 that isn't in Brawl as a playable character (other than Luigi, who we all know is in anyway). I think he out prioritizes just about any other Mario character vying for a spot.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
At this point, I want to throw up all over this thread--after all, most of the past 10 or so pages is just incessant word vomit, anyhow. There is equally many personal attacks coming from one side as the other. It's appalling, really. Let us, for a moment, think: What Would Toad Do? (WWTD) Toad is a peaceful little guy, and he's not big on violence. Yes, he'll step up to the challenge when necessary and defend his princess, but he won't go picking a fight. I really can't defend either side in this case, because both groups have by and large resorted to name-calling, petty threats, and silly arguing.

Why do you guys care? They don't go an troll in your threads. Let people have their opinions. Sheesh. It's a game.
Why are there always big arguments in this topic?

Why can't the Toad haters just leave the Toad fans alone? Is it such a hard concept?
You want to moan about Toad's importance to the Mario series? Fine. Redundant, but fine. But there's a way of going about it without being rude for no reason to people who haven't done you any harm.
Those three posts make the most sense to me. This place should be a nice little haven for Toad fans, peppered with peaceful discussion of the character among supporters and non-supporters alike. We don't need these flame wars and personal attacks, and I frankly just don't want them around.

If you're just going to keep *****ing about me "trolling about Toad", I might just do so. You obviously hate me for not wanting Toad, and make up false accusations along the way.
But how do your personal issues with a member (or members, as it were) of the boards justify detracting from the experience of the rest of the forum-goers by trolling through a thread that they enjoy? It doesn't make sense, and it's unfair to the rest of us.

I don't hate you for not wanting Toad. I'm just bothered by the way you approach the people in this thread. Your first post coming back into this thread was "How do you people not get that Toad is just a bland filler character?"

In case you weren't aware of the tone of that sentence, it comes off as incredibly rude. You don't like Toad. That's very clear, and that's okay. But you do not need to storm into a thread full of Toad fans and insult their character that way for no good reason. If you just wanted to post your opinion about Toad in a polite way, that would've been alright. Someone would've surely posted their disagreeance with you, but it probably would've just evolved into healthy discussion. Instead, we're practically at a flame war. It's really no wonder you've been accused of being a troll. What did you expect to happen when you posted that in a thread that clearly houses fans of Toad?
Circus has got it right. It's not the thought, it's the way in which the thought is being expressed that is causing problems--and on both sides, no less! Fans and non-fans alike are getting angry about this, and it's just disheartening.

I'm explaining my view of him. Besides, you're saying that "I don't think Ashley should be in Brawl" in an Ashley thread is trolling? I hope not.

Krystal is much more the troll here. I don't flame anyone unless provoked. Krystal comparing Geno to a mother****ing Digimon got me pumped. You pull this crap on me one more time, and I'll be the Krystal to your Toad thread.
Well, in this case, the "crap" being "pulled" is almost entirely related to the contents and goings-on of this thread. My best advice in this case--and from an objective standpoint, at that--is to just stop posting here. If it bothers you so much, and if you really don't like the character in the first place, this probably isn't the thread for you.

If Krystal has wronged you, I'm sorry. But the other Toad fans in here don't deserve the spillover from your vendetta against her.
Exactly. No one else should suffer for one person's words and/or actions. If it's really that important to either of you, take it to PMs.

Oh by the way, if I do get infraction for you reporting me, there'll be hell to pay for alot more people. Don't start a chain reaction.
...Are you kidding? Threatening someone over an infraction on Smashboards? This is ridiculous. And by that, I don't mean just you (really!). You probably wouldn't warrant an infraction on your own, but I would say that a good lot of you deserve a collective infraction for what's been posted lately. I think you would agree, though, that threatening a "chain reaction" is a tad juvenile, no?

Anyone has a chance, I can give you that. But, in this situation, a low one. Taking away Toad from Peach nerfs her badly.
I agree, actually. Until Sakurai says "NO," any character really has a chance--a possibility, which disregards likelihood (or lack thereof). Someone recently posted an item from the Melee polls in which Sakurai said something to the effect of " Sukapon probably won't appear in any future Smash titles." Does it sound like Sukapon won't be in Brawl? Yes, which is very sad. But is it written in stone? Of course not! The possibility is still there, it just seems poor at this point in time.

I'll have to disagree on the second point, though. I love Toad, but I don't think that taking him away nerfs Peach that badly. Then again, the nerf would be contingent upon the move with which they replace Toad. Also, it seems as though Toad's knockback on a counter was actually increased in Brawl, so the drawback of no Toad would be felt more heavily in Brawl as opposed to Melee.

Bottom line here: Stop fighting. Take it to PMs. Do people like Biggie and vesperview need to reevaluate their priorities when they take a condescending / derogatory tone while posting in this thread about their disapproval of Toad? Of course! But should people like LostAddict and Brawlmatt be resorting to personal attacks just to fuel the proverbial fire? Of course not! Everyone just needs to calm down.

If you like Toad, stay here and we can discuss him peacefully. If you dislike Toad and feel the need to remind everyone that Toad's chances are slim--something that most of us accept (myself included)--then this probably isn't the thread for you. If you want to discuss things civilly and without rehashing the arguments that rile up posters already red in tooth and claw, I have no objections.

Now, in hopes of beginning a new era in this thread, I present a neat little Kinopio paper craft I found. Everyone here should make one to keep busy. :bigthumbu

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I've not insulted or attacked you in anyway, unlike yourself, yet I'm the one that needs to "learn how to grow up?"

How old are you?
You need to shut up before I bring the big guns.

Thanks for the points, Aeris.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Please do so, I'm in the mood for a good laugh. lol @ empty threats over the internet

Also, you avoided my question: how old are you?
Before I do so, what's your arguement truly based on? The reflection of the majority of the people here? All you are is nothing more than a mental depressant.

You go online every single hour to go with the flow, and flame anyone you have an excuse for. You need to shut up, make friends, and visit at set time frames.

By the way, what's YOUR age? (Remember, it's illegal to lie about age online)

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Before I do so, what's your arguement truly based on? The reflection of the majority of the people here? All you are is nothing more than a mental depressant.

You go online every single hour to go with the flow, and flame anyone you have an excuse for. You need to shut up, make friends, and visit at set time frames.

seems like your the one doing all the flaming....

but on topic i would have loved to see toad as playable, but unfortunatly he doesnt seem as likely as before. Id find it hilarious if he had the same kind of stats as the super mario game where he was the fastest and the strongest (i forgot the name of the darn game:confused:)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

but on topic i would have loved to see toad as playable, but unfortunatly he doesnt seem as likely as before. Id find it hilarious if he had the same kind of stats as the super mario game where he was the fastest and the strongest (i forgot the name of the darn game:confused:)
What the hell? You're just following him. Listen, this guy's no better than Harry. He just leeches on and goes with the flow then flames me out of no where for no good, or any reason. He/She/It has left me with bashing as an answer. The only difference, is the type of troll here.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Uh-huh... I'm looking at this topic and noticing that you're acting incredibly hostile for absolutely no reason. Case in point, the fact that you decided to call me a "mental depressant".

That's nice and all, but I've already got friends. Thanks for the advice, though. Link me to posts where I've flamed anyone, please.

16, now stop dodging around my question.

Why aren't you banned yet? Are the mods here seriously that oblivious?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Super Mario Bros. 2!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Uh-huh... I'm looking at this topic and noticing that you're acting incredibly hostile for absolutely no reason. Case in point, the fact that you decided to call me a "mental depressant".

That's nice and all, but I've already got friends. Thanks for the advice, though. Link me to posts where I've flamed anyone, please.

16, now stop dodging around my question.

Why aren't you banned yet? Are the mods here seriously that oblivious?
If someone starts the fire and it effects me, in any way, I throw sticks at it.

Why aren't you ignoring me? If I am what you say: a troll, you should be ignoring me. You're obviously trying to make up excuses to flame me and call me out.

By the way, 15, *SHOCK*.

Why is it that you continue to call everyone else a troll when you're the one who posted in this topic after a long absence with a blatantly inflammatory post?

EPX2

Smash Ace
If someone starts the fire and it effects me, in any way, I throw sticks at it.
Yet no one "started a fire" other than yourself with your initial comment - an issue I already addressed.

Why aren't you ignoring me? If I am what you say: a troll, you should be ignoring me. You're obviously trying to make up excuses to flame me and call me out.
Actually, no, you've got my intentions totally wrong. If I wanted to flame you, I would - believe me, I'm not on some moral high ground; nothing's inhibiting me from insulting you. I visit forums where insults are pretty much the status quo, and I'll never hesitate to insult someone who attacks me first - on those forums. On this forum, however, there are people willing to express themselves in a way that does not always entail having to belittle whoever they're debating against. As such, I find it much more satisfying to allow easily irritable people such as yourself to make themselves look ridiculous. It requires virtually no effort on my behalf other than responding to your posts, which, for whatever reason, seems to only infuriate you even further. Ignoring you makes that impossible. Simple as that.

By the way, 15, *SHOCK*.
You seem to be one angry 15-year-old. Any particular reason why? I definitely don't recall being so furious at everyone just six months ago.

Also, would you mind linking me to these flaming posts I supposedly made?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
*ahem*

Guys, it seems as though my message was not explicit enough: take this argument to PMs. I want to discuss Toad peacefully, as I'm sure many others do. Settle your dispute privately before I run out of papercrafts to supply the Toad fans.

And I'm 18--older than both of you. :chuckle:

[/gant]

Toad-related: Mario Party DS comes out next week. Another opportunity to play as Toad and prove his dominance! :grin:

vesperview

Smash Hero
Mario Party DS? I thought this was a thread to discuss Toad in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, seriously, you may want to discuss Toad peacefully, but believe me, the topic at hand is Toad in Brawl, not "OMG! I Love Toad in all the games he's in, he PWNS in Mario Kart OMG!" There are other boards to do that.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Mario Party DS? I thought this was a thread to discuss Toad in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, seriously, you may want to discuss Toad peacefully, but believe me, the topic at hand is Toad in Brawl, not "OMG! I Love Toad in all the games he's in, he PWNS in Mario Kart OMG!" There are other boards to do that.
Yes, I would have to agree. These are the Brawl character boards. I'm not too fond of the flaming here myself, but I am also not too fond of discussing Toad when it doesn't pertain to Brawl while on the Brawl character boards.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Toad-related: Mario Party DS comes out next week. Another opportunity to play as Toad and prove his dominance! :grin:
Take that, sidekick status in Mario Strikers Charged!

Okay, speculation on him in Brawl then.

How do you think he'll work as Peach's little shield this time around? Technically we've only see one, pretty uninformative picture of him. He could still just spore all over someone (which I always thought was a little. . . sexual. But that's just me and my dirty mind) or maybe they decided to change him up. Maybe now he'll be closer to Mario's cape? I don't know, there's no real evidence suggesting a change, but I wonder what other people could come up with for him to do. Maybe flailing his arms madly? Or catching projectiles and being able to hold on to them until Peach decides to release it back somewhere?

Lame conversation starter, but it's something.

vesperview

Smash Hero
How do you think he'll work as Peach's little shield this time around? Technically we've only see one, pretty uninformative picture of him. He could still just spore all over someone (which I always thought was a little. . . sexual. But that's just me and my dirty mind) or maybe they decided to change him up. Maybe now he'll be closer to Mario's cape? I don't know, there's no real evidence suggesting a change, but I wonder what other people could come up with for him to do. Maybe flailing his arms madly? Or catching projectiles and being able to hold on to them until Peach decides to release it back somewhere?

Lame conversation starter, but it's something.
Nice way of saying there is practically nothing left to be discussed in this thread.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
But are you oblivious to where that leads EVERY time you or someone else with the faux-altruistic self-obligation of "enlightening" those who still choose to hold out for Toad in Brawl? Don't get me wrong--I have plenty of doubt that Toad will appear as a playable character this time around--but people like Brawlmatt still strongly feel that the possibility is likely. I agree that there is a possibility, but I wouldn't call it "likely."

Here's the problem that I have with going through the same debate: it never ends! It always stems from someone who doesn't like Toad (i.e. you) coming in and "opening the eyes of the blind," to put it poetically. If some of the posters choose to hold out hope for Toad, so be it. Let them do so! They aren't harming you, and if you don't like it, you need not post here. The argument has been heard, and those who are still hopeful will not be changing their minds. Even Biggie finally conceded that the possibility exists for Toad's inclusion on the playable roster, duly noting that the possibility is still very low. But discussion here has consistently ended up as a flame war of Montague-and-Capulet proportions.

And it pains me to see this, Toad fanatic that I am. I'm content with discussing possible movesets that Toad could have, or discussing graphical updates that Toad could receive. (Also, does anyone else appreciate how they added gold trim to the Toad's vest this time around? I thought it was a nice touch.) Frankly, I just don't want this thread to descend into banal bickering anymore, and if discussing Toad in a related vein is the only way to prevent it, I don't mind. And who knows? Maybe there will be some cool new features in Mario Party DS that would work well in a moveset. It's purely hypothetical, but just a thought.

EDIT (*sigh*):
Nice way of saying there is practically nothing left to be discussed in this thread.
No, it's talking about a Toad in Brawl. And you of all people--one who espouses the view that Peach uses "the" Toad as her shield, no?--should note that such a topic is HIGHLY pertinent to the discussion at hand. Since this thread is talking about that selfsame Kinopio ("the" Toad), a discussion of Peach's Toad should, from your perspective, be open for discussion and highly relevant.

And AGAIN: if you feel that there is nothing left for you to discuss, feel free to leave. As the saying goes, "If you don't support gay marriage, don't get one."

Chastisement and liberal politics aside, it seems as though Peach's Toad has more knockback this time around--a BIG improvement! I'll search through some video clips tomorrow or something, but more knockback is just what the move needed. Now it will be more useful in keeping an opponent at bay if they get too close. No longer will he or she be able to get inside and stay there because Peach's Toad would simply halt them in their tracks temporarily.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ok, then limit yourself to discussing those movesets and how amazing you think Toad would be in Brawl, cause unless you already played Mario Party DS, there is really no need for you to discuss it in the Brawl boards, and I might add, then keeping a thread alive for a character that realistically speaking is not gonna be in the game anymore as a playable character is really pointless, plus, what's the deal? It's not even your thread, everytime it gets revived people only come here and complain, you're pretty much the only Toad fan willing to bump this thread for the right reason.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Take that, sidekick status in Mario Strikers Charged!
I was actually just about to bring this up.

While Toad is a character that is from way back in the day, does anyone feel as though Nintendo just doesn't like him? I mean, in Melee he was used as a meat shield, in Mario strikers charged he's a sidekick, and the overall inclusions Toad has been in don't ever seem really important. It just feels like I'm getting a vibe from Nintendo that they don't like their character or something. Does anyone else feel that?

I do hope Toad has more important appearances in future games he will be in.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

While Toad is a character that is from way back in the day, does anyone feel as though Nintendo just doesn't like him? I mean, in Melee he was used as a meat shield, in Mario strikers charged he's a sidekick, and the overall inclusions Toad has been in don't ever seem really important. It just feels like I'm getting a vibe from Nintendo that they don't like their character or something. Does anyone else feel that?

I wouldn't say they don't like him. I just think they're trying to demote him. With the addition of newer characters (specifically Toadsworth), Nintendo seems to be trying to lessen Toad's importance so that the focus is on the fresh faces. It's unfortunate that Toad has to suffer to make room for others, but I guess we can't expect Nintendo to just stop creating new Mario characters.

Aeris: It didn't even occur to me that Peach was in the E for All demo and that Toad's abilities were therefor already revealed. It doesn't help that I wasn't really paying attention to Peach since my inner Sonic fanboy couldn't tear his eyes away from a certain blue hedgehog. With as little attention I was paying to anything else, I could probably be convinced that Captain Falcon made an appearance in the demo.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ok, then limit yourself to discussing those movesets and how amazing you think Toad would be in Brawl, cause unless you already played Mario Party DS, there is really no need for you to discuss it in the Brawl boards, and I might add, then keeping a thread alive for a character that realistically speaking is not gonna be in the game anymore as a playable character is really pointless, plus, what's the deal? It's not even your thread, everytime it gets revived people only come here and complain, you're pretty much the only Toad fan willing to bump this thread for the right reason.
Well, the OP hasn't posted on the boards in over a year. Someone needs to take charge of it, no? ;)

I don't mind the thread being revived, and it won't kill me if the thread dies, as I can't spend my life on the boards spicing up the Toad Discussion. However, should the topic remain buoyant, I would like it to be for the right reason.

I suppose, then, that I should pose a question: WHY does the topic get revived, if not for the "right" reason? Hold your thought for a moment; instead, I will answer. The topic gets revived (more often than not) when people choose to mock, deride, or annoy the more devout Toad fans. The Toad Discussion isn't your thread, either, but it seems somewhat conspicuous that you are always there when this thread finds its place atop the Character Discussion room. If there is so little to say about Toad in Brawl at this point--something you contested recently--then why do you continue to post here? Why have you consistently been a party to the discussions which you deem so "pointless?" Something isn't adding up. :ohwell:

It seemed to start with Sunshine with the "Toad Entourage." Red Toad is seen more often than Kinopio, and almost in place of him (i.e. Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Strikers Charged, etc.). Kinopio still shows up in the Mario Party and Kart series, but even in Double Dash he was relegated to secret character status. The most heinous offense, in my opinion, was his exclusion from Mario Power Tennis, but we won't delve too deeply into that now. On the bright side, Toad has been revealed for Mario Kart Wii, which could begin a new trend for our favorite little mushroom. If Nintendo is bringing him back into the limelight, it could bode well for future titles, including the possible Smash IV, among other things.

How do you think Nintendo's current attitude toward Toad will affect his trophy in Brawl? Will Kinopio even have a trophy of his own, or do you think that Nintendo will opt for a generic Toad Entourage trophy for the race itself?

EDIT: No problem, Circus! Actually, I posted a video in one of the Peach threads, I think the video thread in her character discussion room. It's on the first page of posts in its respective thread. There you will see the improvements to Peach's Toad. :grin:

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well, the OP hasn't posted on the boards in over a year. Someone needs to take charge of it, no? ;)

I don't mind the thread being revived, and it won't kill me if the thread dies, as I can't spend my life on the boards spicing up the Toad Discussion. However, should the topic remain buoyant, I would like it to be for the right reason.

I suppose, then, that I should pose a question: WHY does the topic get revived, if not for the "right" reason? Hold your thought for a moment; instead, I will answer. The topic gets revived (more often than not) when people choose to mock, deride, or annoy the more devout Toad fans. The Toad Discussion isn't your thread, either, but it seems somewhat conspicuous that you are always there when this thread finds its place atop the Character Discussion room. If there is so little to say about Toad in Brawl at this point--something you contested recently--then why do you continue to post here? Why have you consistently been a party to the discussions which you deem so "pointless?" Something isn't adding up. :ohwell:
You seem to be misunderstanding my posts... I was here yesterday when a discussion that wasn't pointless took place, then it turned into an off topic troll and flame war, which is why I backed out, you seem to believe character threads are just for those who fantasize and love the character to death, well, let me break it to you, they're not, if people come to mock this thread it may be because you people give them a good reason too? I mean if you didn't try to keep this thread alive with useless speculation as to how Toad can be playable in Brawl or what could he do, when even you seem to accept that he won't be playable, maybe some people wouldn't come to this thread to make mockery of it, don't you think? A little debate taking place doesn't hurt either you, me or this thread, however, you may be one of those people that can't take debate very well? :ohwell: I guess, you can enjoy this thread then.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You seem to be misunderstanding my posts... I was here yesterday when a discussion that wasn't pointless took place, then it turned into an off topic troll and flame war, which is why I backed out, you seem to believe character threads are just for those who fantasize and love the character to death, well, let me break it to you, they're not, if people come to mock this thread it may be because you people give them a good reason too? I mean if you didn't try to keep this thread alive with useless speculation as to how Toad can be playable in Brawl or what could he do, when even you seem to accept that he won't be playable, maybe some people wouldn't come to this thread to make mockery of it, don't you think? A little debate taking place doesn't hurt either you, me or this thread, however, you may be one of those people that can't take debate very well? :ohwell: I guess, you can enjoy this thread then.
I'm fine with debate--spare me the condescension. My problem is that "debate" is the wrong word because it so rarely encompasses any sort of concession or rebuttal; rather, someone comes in to stir up trouble, and trouble accordingly ensues. Perhaps I am gravely mistaken, but it doesn't seem like debate to me when the topic shifts to someone's age, his or her maturity (or lack thereof), etc. Ad hominem is not logical debate; it is the absence of logic.

And as I said, I'm okay if the thread goes by the wayside, but should it get revived, I would prefer it to be done for the right reasons. As you said, "people come to mock this thread." Doesn't sound like the "right reason," eh?

I doubt that Toad will be playable in Brawl, but I do not discount the theoretical possibility of such a case. It isn't likely, but the possibility still exists. As a prominent character in the Marioverse--one of the so-called "Big 8"--Toad had just as much reason behind his inclusion as any other notable Mario character. Perhaps I am just mistaken as to what exactly you hope to "debate." If it's the debating intelligence of someone like Brawlmatt--to which some came dangerously close--then I suggest you look elsewhere. If not, however, please, do enlighten me.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm fine with debate--spare me the condescension. My problem is that "debate" is the wrong word because it so rarely encompasses any sort of concession or rebuttal; rather, someone comes in to stir up trouble, and trouble accordingly ensues. Perhaps I am gravely mistaken, but it doesn't seem like debate to me when the topic shifts to someone's age, his or her maturity (or lack thereof), etc. Ad hominem is not logical debate; it is the absence of logic.

And as I said, I'm okay if the thread goes by the wayside, but should it get revived, I would prefer it to be done for the right reasons. As you said, "people come to mock this thread." Doesn't sound like the "right reason," eh?

I doubt that Toad will be playable in Brawl, but I do not discount the theoretical possibility of such a case. It isn't likely, but the possibility still exists. As a prominent character in the Marioverse--one of the so-called "Big 8"--Toad had just as much reason behind his inclusion as any other notable Mario character. Perhaps I am just mistaken as to what exactly you hope to "debate." If it's the debating intelligence of someone like Brawlmatt--to which some came dangerously close--then I suggest you look elsewhere. If not, however, please, do enlighten me.
We were only debating Toad's importance in the Mario series and why if he is so important he is only limited to being Peach's shield, that was the debate until as I said, the whole thing became a flame war as usual, don't get me wrong, I would love Toad in Brawl, he's my main in Mario Kart, but to have him take punches and missiles to protect Peach, doesn't seem like they care too much about him to actually make him playable, maybe not this time around at least.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say they don't like him. I just think they're trying to demote him. With the addition of newer characters (specifically Toadsworth), Nintendo seems to be trying to lessen Toad's importance so that the focus is on the fresh faces. It's unfortunate that Toad has to suffer to make room for others, but I guess we can't expect Nintendo to just stop creating new Mario characters.
This does make sense, since the original Super Mario was created there has been a addition of a lot more characters, so they wish to show the new characters more. It's just that I feel Toad never had an importance even in the old Mario games either. I somewhat recently got done with Super Mario World, and I don't even think Toad appeared in the game at all. It kind of feels like he's always gotten shoved aside, not just recently.

I also have a quick question for anyone who knows the answer. When Toad was first introduced, was there just one Toad and they added more later? Or was there always more than one Toad?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This does make sense, since the original Super Mario was created there has been a addition of a lot more characters, so they wish to show the new characters more. It's just that I feel Toad never had an importance even in the old Mario games either. I somewhat recently got done with Super Mario World, and I don't even think Toad appeared in the game at all. It kind of feels like he's always gotten shoved aside, not just recently.

I also have a quick question for anyone who knows the answer. When Toad was first introduced, was there just one Toad and they added more later? Or was there always more than one Toad?
There was actually more than one Toad in the first Super Mario Bros. I believe the Toad we all know and love first showed up in SMB 2.

To SonicMario: Post something relevant to the topic or remove yourself from the thread. Pointing fingers and feeling sorry isn't going to nab you any brownie points.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I feel bad for you Aeris and the thread. Having to live up with the trolls like Biggie Smalls, and ~Krystal~.
If someone calls me a troll one more time, I'll troll your ***. What have I really, done? I was done posting here. Now I have to check back to see for idiots calling me out.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Posting in a topic after a long absence with a comment that's obviously going to annoy a large number of people and then proceeding to insult anyone who expresses disapproval of your comments does qualify as troll-like behavior by many, ergo you're going to be considered a troll.

If you wish not to be classified as such, stop giving people reason to do so. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

(If you consider this post to be me essentially calling you a troll [which I will not deny], you can proceed with your laughable threat to troll anyone who calls you that.)

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Posting in a topic after a long absence with a comment that's obviously going to annoy a large number of people and then proceeding to insult anyone who expresses disapproval of your comments does qualify as troll-like behavior by many, ergo you're going to be considered a troll.

If you wish not to be classified as such, stop giving people reason to do so. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

(If you consider this post to be me essentially calling you a troll [which I will not deny], you can proceed with your laughable threat to troll anyone who calls you that.)
Go away. I'd laugh at you calling me a troll. Attacking me out of nowhere for no good reason and trying to get a rise out of me, is considered trolling. So yeah, go back to your bridge.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
I think toad would fit better as an AT than a real playable character. Maybe he could host the guide or tutorial lol

EPX2

Smash Ace
Go away. I'd laugh at you calling me a troll. Attacking me out of nowhere for no good reason and trying to get a rise out of me, is considered trolling. So yeah, go back to your bridge.
I haven't attacked you. If you wish to see a real example of someone attacking someone else, just review your past posts in this topic. You've called me a mental depressant, have resorted to ad hominem attacks (by implying I have no friends and that I spend virtually all of my time on this site), and other such things. I've merely called you out for making an inflammatory remark and for your subsequent insulting of several posters in this topic. That's a good enough reason for doing so, but you keep trying to ignore the fact that you were the one who opened the proverbial can of worms with your other post.

By the way, you've still yet to show me these posts I supposedly made in which I flamed other users. I would appreciate if you could follow through with doing so, as I'm interested in seeing these posts.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I haven't attacked you. If you wish to see a real example of someone attacking someone else, just review your past posts in this topic. You've called me a mental depressant, have resorted to ad hominem attacks (by implying I have no friends and that I spend virtually all of my time on this site), and other such things. I've merely called you out for making an inflammatory remark and for your subsequent insulting of several posters in this topic. That's a good enough reason for doing so, but you keep trying to ignore the fact that you were the one who opened the proverbial can of worms with your other post.

By the way, you've still yet to show me these posts I supposedly made in which I flamed other users. I would appreciate if you could follow through with doing so, as I'm interested in seeing these posts.
Calling me out is a clear example of provotion. Let's ask the others if they think I'm a troll.

You're obviously dodging my point. If I really am a troll by your wacky imagination, why didn't you ignore me?

You're just trying to find an excuse to call me out and belittle my intelligence.

You keep trying, but you still avoid it.

Top Bottom