• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Being intellectual=saying shut up and go away. Thanks for enlightening me.

You have a habit of turning the tables, don't you? You set up something, then let someone fall in the snare. You really, really need to get a life.
Maybe my habit of trying to turn the tables comes from watching too much Yu-Gi-Oh! and playing too much Phoenix Wright, where turning the tables actually works for them.

As for "getting a life", I blame my Aspergers for that, but then again, I should say the same for you.

DO you have a life outside of thise forum?

If so, then get back to that life and get as far away form thsi thread as possible.

FYI, I was watching Drawn Together before I posted this. That's why it took me a while.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Maybe my habit of trying to turn the tables comes from watching too much Yu-Gi-Oh! and playing too much Phoenix Wright, where turning the tables actually works for them.

As for "getting a life", I blame my Aspergers for that, but then again, I should say the same for you.

If so, then get back to that life and get as far away form thsi thread as possible.

FYI, I was watching Drawn Together before I posted this. That's why it took me a while.
Drawn Together.....the memories. :)

It's still a lie cause Toad is far from being as important as Luigi and Peach.

Peach = Leading female in the Mario series, has her own game.
Luigi = Mario's brother, has two games starring him, even if one of them sucks.
Toad = Supporting generic character.

Now tell me why is Toad is as important or why that comparison even makes sense? As I said, it's like saying Tingle is as important as Zelda.
Toad is not as important as Luigi or Peach, but it is obvious that he is more than just your average support character. He means more to Mario in cartoons, comics, sports spin-offs, Mario party games, and canon games than you are willing to admit. Toad broke the top ten for a reason on the melee polls. I've stated that Toad has been in SMB 2 and by that appearance alone he does not constitute a filler character. Even in that game he was the strongest and fastest out of the 4 playable people, so you can't say he doesn't meet the physical requirements to be in Smash. (His jump sucked though)

Peach for all the times she has been kidnapped has been exactly that, kidnapped. People really think that Peach makes or breaks a Mario game when its been proven that the Mario series started without her and several canon games did not have her as the focus of the story after the start of Super Mario Bros.

-Super Mario World 2
(Yoshi's island)

-Luigi's Mansion

-SMRPG

-SMB 2

Luigi is 2nd to Mario, but not much. He has his own game which was released a month prior to melee. (Which tells me Luigi's fanbase had more to do with him getting in than Mansion did).

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yep, it's an alright show.

But really, Krystal, it seems like all our efforts to justify our stands are going on deaf ears...

Or at least, the people hearing them are total jerks, and trying to act like them just has them insulting us.:(

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
What are your arguments? Let's wait if Sakurai is stupid enough to put the Toad as Peach's shield and as a playable character too? That's hardly an argument.
-SMB2
-Wario's Woods
-Long-range of appearences

Yet you say those all don't matter.

Well, Sakurai was stupid enough to put up updates for obvious things like Fox's special moves and "You Must Recover"...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Oh so you're saying Sakurai put Toad as Peach's shield to throw people off until he gets the urge to actually update the Dojo with Toad's profile? yeah sure.
...Well, why not? Heck, with the updates he's been giving lately, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. :dizzy:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Why can't you just settle with Toad as Peach's shield? I mean if he though Toad was important enough to be playable, he would hardly put him as a Peach shield for him to get completely PWNED!
Why can't I just settle for the sheild?

...Because... I am... a fan. A fan, of Toad.

And as a fan, it's hard to let these things go by. And being a fan, I try to find my hardest to find any small detail that I can still grab a hold of, and keep hope that there is still some chance, no matter how impossible it may seem...

The same goes for Ness, BTW.

OF COURSE, Brawl is still going to rock hard, anyway, with King Dedede, Sonic, and Diddy Kong in, but still, I can always hope, can't I?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Who says that any clones will be in Brawl. The thing you mentioned has to do with Melee, this is BRAWL
you are absolutely correct... there are no similarities whatsoever between super smash brothers: melee and super smash brothers: brawl

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Why can't I just settle for the sheild?

...Because... I am... a fan. A fan, of Toad.

And as a fan, it's hard to let these things go by. And being a fan, I try to find my hardest to find any small detail that I can still grab a hold of, and keep hope that there is still some chance, no matter how impossible it may seem...

The same goes for Ness, BTW.

OF COURSE, Brawl is still going to rock hard, anyway, with King Dedede, Sonic, and Diddy Kong in, but still, I can always hope, can't I?
You're in complete denial.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

I don't need to know what you watch or play. Who the hell watches Yu-Gi-Ho? Don't you tell me to get a life. Compare my post count and join date to yours.

You're doing it again. You say something, then twist the rebuttal and the words being used. You're not doing anything. Anyways, why do you think they still have chances?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

Toad is not as important as Luigi or Peach, but it is obvious that he is more than just your average support character. He means more to Mario in cartoons, comics, sports spin-offs, Mario party games, and canon games than you are willing to admit. Toad broke the top ten for a reason on the melee polls. I've stated that Toad has been in SMB 2 and by that appearance alone he does not constitute a filler character. Even in that game he was the strongest and fastest out of the 4 playable people, so you can't say he doesn't meet the physical requirements to be in Smash. (His jump sucked though)

Peach for all the times she has been kidnapped has been exactly that, kidnapped. People really think that Peach makes or breaks a Mario game when its been proven that the Mario series started without her and several canon games did not have her as the focus of the story after the start of Super Mario Bros.

-Super Mario World 2
(Yoshi's island)

-Luigi's Mansion

-SMRPG

-SMB 2

Luigi is 2nd to Mario, but not much. He has his own game which was released a month prior to melee. (Which tells me Luigi's fanbase had more to do with him getting in than Mansion did).
He's appeared in everything, and he's not that important. Sounds like filler to me.

By the way, Super Mario RPG you've already rescued Peach, and she's now a main character.

Luigi's Mansion was a failed attempt at a Wario-esque series for Luigi.

Super Smash Brothers Two, Peach was again, a Main Character. Toad, was a sidekick.

Super Mario World 2...I forgot what was in it. All I remember is vanilla island and chocolate something.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I will when you stop backseat moderating and that SSB64 avatar guy shuts up. I'm glad to say, Krystal got more mature. You're just annoying, though.
you know, I'm a nice chap, I really am, but this has gone far enough.

I was never really IN this argument so telling me that you are continuing your poor behaviour because I am continuing mine is completely senseless. I have not been here to have a behavior to maintain. And the option other than telling you to stop breaking the rules is to actually report you. Now, I could do that if you still insist that that's what you would rather me do, but for you, me, and the moderators, I think we'd prefer not to bother. And because I haven't been involved, I also find it hard to believe that I'm anoying you since annoying, inherently, involves an incessant, or at least maintained, activity.

On the other hand, I have been monitering you for quite some time. You are an absolute displeasure to have in a thread. And from what I can gather, you either don't care or don't notice that this is how others view you... maybe you refuse to admit it or maybe you take some sort of pleasure in being a nuissance.

If you don't like Toad, do the noble thing and leave the toad SUPPORT thread. All you'll do is stir up trouble. Staying in this thread merely reinforces my assessment of you.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
you know, I'm a nice chap, I really am, but this has gone far enough.

I was never really IN this argument so telling me that you are continuing your poor behaviour because I am continuing mine is completely senseless. I have not been here to have a behavior to maintain. And the option other than telling you to stop breaking the rules is to actually report you. Now, I could do that if you still insist that that's what you would rather me do, but for you, me, and the moderators, I think we'd prefer not to bother. And because I haven't been involved, I also find it hard to believe that I'm anoying you since annoying, inherently, involves an incessant, or at least maintained, activity.

On the other hand, I have been monitering you for quite some time. You are an absolute displeasure to have in a thread. And from what I can gather, you either don't care or don't notice that this is how others view you... maybe you refuse to admit it or maybe you take some sort of pleasure in being a nuissance.

If you don't like Toad, do the noble thing and leave the toad SUPPORT thread. All you'll do is stir up trouble. Staying in this thread merely reinforces my assessment of you.
If you were really "monitering me", you would of known the story of Krystal's troll attempts(I'm glad she stopped), but that other guy is just getting on my nerves.

You acted like I'm a complete moron behind my back. You posted right when I was sleeping. Something about me "As soon as Biggie stops being an idiot''.

Oh by the way, if I do get infraction for you reporting me, there'll be hell to pay for alot more people. Don't start a chain reaction.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He's appeared in everything, and he's not that important. Sounds like filler to me.
I wouldn't say someone who has appeared in nearly ever Mario game canon and non-canon is filler. Toad has his purpose in every Mario game hes been in from star holder (Mario 64), to race kart driver, to PC, to merchant (Super Mario Bros. 3 & some Mario Parties). He hasn't been the useless filler character people make him out to be. If anything it looks like Miyamoto tried hard to get Toad involved in some way. Can't say he did the same for Waluigi. Now that guy is pure filler.

By the way, Super Mario RPG you've already rescued Peach, and she's now a main character.
She is not the focus of the story once you do get her. Smithy and the Star Road are.

Luigi's Mansion was a failed attempt at a Wario-esque series for Luigi.
I'm not gonna argue with you there.

Super Smash Brothers Two, Peach was again, a Main Character. Toad, was a sidekick.
I had no idea SMB 2 stood for Smash Brothers Two. Super Mario Bros. 2, Toad was nobody's sidekick. If you meant Smash Bros. Melee, then yes he was(is) Peach's sidekick.

Super Mario World 2...I forgot what was in it. All I remember is vanilla island and chocolate something.
It involved Yoshi and Baby Mario. Yoshi was the main PC and Baby Mario was the one he had to protect on his journey to reunite Baby Mario with Baby Luigi. Baby Mario became playable when he touched a star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ssQqWscrl0&feature=related

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If you were really "monitering me", you would of known the story of Krystal's troll attempts(I'm glad she stopped), but that other guy is just getting on my nerves.

You acted like I'm a complete moron behind my back. You posted right when I was sleeping. Something about me "As soon as Biggie stops being an idiot''.

Oh by the way, if I do get infraction for you reporting me, there'll be hell to pay for alot more people. Don't start a chain reaction.
that's it I'm done with you.

A) I have better things to do then to monitor your entire online existence. I have a nice opinion of you formed by several different occasions in which I have seen your posts. Never have you been anything near even civil.

B) that second sentence you wrote, it's a lie. If you are going to be angry at least be angry at something that somebody actually said or did.

C) Attempting to blackmail or extort your way out of being reported is just distasteful.

-I'd rather Toad's thread not be further sullied by you existing within it. Please leave or be productive.

For my part, I'll restate my earlier point, Sakurai hasn't had a problem with two characters existing in separate places simultaniouslty before.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
@Biggie Smalls: Wow. I love how you're telling others to get a life, when they're just discussing their like for Toad in a topic dedicated towards him. Whereas you're going out of your way to come in her and bash him. Don't want him in? Fine, that's your perogative. But seriously, how about you get a life and stop *****ing about how he's not going to get in and leave the **** thread.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
that's it I'm done with you.

A) I have better things to do then to monitor your entire online existence. I have a nice opinion of you formed by several different occasions in which I have seen your posts. Never have you been anything near even civil.

B) that second sentence you wrote, it's a lie. If you are going to be angry at least be angry at something that somebody actually said or did.

C) Attempting to blackmail or extort your way out of being reported is just distasteful.

-I'd rather Toad's thread not be further sullied by you existing within it. Please leave or be productive.

For my part, I'll restate my earlier point, Sakurai hasn't had a problem with two characters existing in separate places simultaniouslty before.
I'm pretty sure you said something on this thread about me being an idiot if I say Toad wont be in Brawl again.

If not, my apologies. By the way, I'm not blackmailing anyone. It's just, if I'm getting reported people who tell Geno Alliance to go to hell, get reported, and anything else that gets me mad.

By the way, kindly stop dictating me, okay?

Stop moditering me, and you obviously never really looked at my posts if you've "never seen a civil post".

You really need to stop being a go-with-the-flow rule commander. It's like that Smart kid in my class that always follows me and wears hoodies and eats gum.

I mean, you've never really "moditered my posts". Your opinion of me consists of what the majority says which is suprisingly wrong in here. You REALLY, need to adapt a new attitude, I'm not that fond of it.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
@Biggie Smalls: Wow. I love how you're telling others to get a life, when they're just discussing their like for Toad in a topic dedicated towards him. Whereas you're going out of your way to come in her and bash him. Don't want him in? Fine, that's your perogative. But seriously, how about you get a life and stop *****ing about how he's not going to get in and leave the **** thread.
What the hell is your problem? They guy is calling me an idiot. I should have a right to tell him that.

He doesn't know who I am, he has no right to call me an idiot. Now, you're just annoying.

Don't attack random people based on the view of the majority of the thread. I'm not trying to be an ***.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
May not be trying, but sure are succeeding. See, the thing is is that the argument was two pages ago, and he hasn't posted since then. And you still won't drop it. Seriously, follow your own **** advice, find something better to do with your time. No one's forcing you to be here.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
What the hell is your problem? They guy is calling me an idiot. I should have a right to tell him that.

He doesn't know who I am, he has no right to call me an idiot. Now, you're just annoying.

Don't attack random people based on the view of the majority of the thread. I'm not trying to be an ***.
Shut up Biggie nobody cares about you!(hopping on the bandwagon)

PS- Toad is deconfirmed, give up hope.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Shut up Biggie nobody cares about you!(hopping on the bandwagon)

PS- Toad is deconfirmed, give up hope.
Thanks for the acknowledgement.
May not be trying, but sure are succeeding. See, the thing is is that the argument was two pages ago, and he hasn't posted since then. And you still won't drop it. Seriously, follow your own **** advice, find something better to do with your time. No one's forcing you to be here.
You're really a loser, aren't you? You come out of nowhere, judge someone by reading the majority's opinion, then act cool by insulting someone.

You need to adapt a NEW attitude. Don't copy everyone else. Be yourself. I hate it when people like you show up. Why should I have to teach some troll a life lesson?

EPX2

Smash Ace
Thanks for the acknowledgement.

You're really a loser, aren't you? You come out of nowhere, judge someone by reading the majority's opinion, then act cool by insulting someone.

You need to adapt a NEW attitude. Don't copy everyone else. Be yourself. I hate it when people like you show up. Why should I have to teach some troll a life lesson?
Why is it that you continue to call everyone else a troll when you're the one who posted in this topic after a long absence with a blatantly inflammatory post?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You're in complete denial.
Call it what you want, ther IS still the possiblity that they both can still be in Brawl.

I dont' watch Yu-Gi-Oh! anymore, actually, but I did, and it's actually quite popular.

Why do I think they still have a chance? Well, because Toad could still be a seperate character while the Toad Peach uses is Toad, the retainer/species.

And Ness could still be in Brawl, either with Lucas as his clone, as an alternate costume, or with Ness having a completely different moveset. It's all still possible.

volbound1700

Smash Master
if they do decide to put him in i think they should change peach's B move. it might get a little confusing.
Actually not because there are more then one Toad retainers lmao. If you ever bothered to play Mario games, especially the old school, you would know this.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Actually not because there are more then one Toad retainers lmao. If you ever bothered to play Mario games, especially the old school, you would know this.
yes and, like I said, it's not like they took falco out of the arwing cockpit to make him a PC... and it's not like they took out mario to make Doc a PC, or link to make Y. link

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Call it what you want, ther IS still the possiblity that they both can still be in Brawl.

I dont' watch Yu-Gi-Oh! anymore, actually, but I did, and it's actually quite popular.

Why do I think they still have a chance? Well, because Toad could still be a seperate character while the Toad Peach uses is Toad, the retainer/species.

And Ness could still be in Brawl, either with Lucas as his clone, as an alternate costume, or with Ness having a completely different moveset. It's all still possible.
Anyone has a chance, I can give you that. But, in this situation, a low one. Taking away Toad from Peach nerfs her badly.

It's like taking away Sleep from Jigglypuff. No one'd use 'em anymore. Sakurai also said he would take out clones, clones were there because the game was rushed.
Why is it that you continue to call everyone else a troll when you're the one who posted in this topic after a long absence with a blatantly inflammatory post?
You need to learn how to grow up and more importantly, shut up.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I concur.

I don't think Peach keeping her completely unique and oringal move-set means Toad=B move only. Theres more than one Toad and I see him as the most likely new Mario char personally.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Toad is deconfirmed. He's Peach's B move, use some common sense here.
Thank you for bringing something completely new to this thread. No one's posted that in here before.

. . . Seriously, did you even read a post in this thread? Hardly anyone's discussing his confirmation status anymore. For most people, it's whether Toad should be in Brawl, not whether he will be.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I cant believe this is still going on, I dont see how you people can still hold the ideal of toad being in still.being a part of a moveset is probably one of the biggest deconfirmations I have ever seen. also even if they wanted to add him as playable, they couldnt, due to his size setup in brawl(as a move), he would be too small to work.

EDIT:he shouldnt be in brawl because if his set size, also, he is out prioritized by anumber of characters.

Top Bottom