• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
You're really a loser, aren't you? You come out of nowhere, judge someone by reading the majority's opinion, then act cool by insulting someone.

You need to adapt a NEW attitude. Don't copy everyone else. Be yourself. I hate it when people like you show up. Why should I have to teach some troll a life lesson?

Yep, i'm a loser for insulting you, when you just did the exact thing. And really, you're the troll. There's people peacefully talking about Toad, and then you come in and won't shut the **** up about how he won't get in. Guess what? We know. Doesn't stop us from talking about him. Seriously, stop acting like a pompous *** and go the hell away.

And actually, I didn't really read any posts except between you and Brawlmatt, and I happened to side with him. How about you stop acting all high and mighty and telling people to stop judging you when you're judging people yourself.

Oh, and, I hate it when people like YOU show up. Seriously, you're one of those people that have to piss on everyone elses parade. Seriously, if you don't like Toad, then get out of the topic. Once again, no one's forcing you to be here.

Finally, if you really don't think you're being a troll, I'll go through the labour of reviewing all your posts and pointing out every insult. So. Just go away.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Yep, i'm a loser for insulting you, when you just did the exact thing. And really, you're the troll. There's people peacefully talking about Toad, and then you come in and won't shut the **** up about how he won't get in. Guess what? We know. Doesn't stop us from talking about him. Seriously, stop acting like a pompous *** and go the hell away.

And actually, I didn't read any posts except between you and Brawlmatt, and I happened to side with him. How about you stop acting all high and mighty and telling people to stop judging you when you're judging people yourself.

Oh, and, I hate it when people like YOU show up. Seriously, you're one of those people that have to piss on everyone elses parade. Seriously, if you don't like Toad, then get out of the topic. Once again, no one's forcing you to be here.

Finally, if you really don't think you're being a troll, I'll go through the labour of reviewing all your posts and pointing out every insult. So. Just go away.

Those strips in red CLEARLY show you didn't read the posts. BrawlMatt was supporting Ness and Toad, which everyone believed to be deconfirmed.

I simply ask why he thinks they have a chance, and he just personally attacks me. Looks like someone better revise their arguement.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Calling me out is a clear example of provotion. Let's ask the others if they think I'm a troll.
Notice how I never once denied that I provoked you - I said that I didn't attack you. Ignoring that, it's hardly fair to paint a picture that makes you out to be the "victim," someone who did absolutely nothing wrong and is just being attacked by a bunch of cyber-bullies. You made a comment obviously meant to annoy and I responded by questioning why you were insisting on declaring others as being trolls when it was your own comment that irritated so many other users. I made that post knowing fully well that you'd likely respond in anger.

You're obviously dodging my point. If I really am a troll by your wacky imagination, why didn't you ignore me?
I'm dodging your point? Since you either ignored my other post or don't remember anything I said in it, I'll just quote myself:

Actually, no, you've got my intentions totally wrong. If I wanted to flame you, I would - believe me, I'm not on some moral high ground; nothing's inhibiting me from insulting you. I visit forums where insults are pretty much the status quo, and I'll never hesitate to insult someone who attacks me first - on those forums. On this forum, however, there are people willing to express themselves in a way that does not always entail having to belittle whoever they're debating against. As such, I find it much more satisfying to allow easily irritable people such as yourself to make themselves look ridiculous. It requires virtually no effort on my behalf other than responding to your posts, which, for whatever reason, seems to only infuriate you even further. Ignoring you makes that impossible. Simple as that.
I quite clearly stated why ignoring you isn't a viable option for me.

You're just trying to find an excuse to call me out and belittle my intelligence.
lol

Anyone could look at your first post since your return to this topic and see exactly why I questioned why you were labelling others as trolls. I'm not trying to find an excuse for anything. As for belittling your intelligence... if you're getting that impression, it's solely due to your own actions and not those of others. Basically, if you feel you're being made out to look as if you were stupid, that's because you yourself are doing so. It all goes back to my point about how it's satisfying to allow easily irritable people to make themselves look ridiculous.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
If you really want to be this way, we'll agree to disagree. I fail to see how your continuous avoidance of my points and our spamming of the Toad thread overall would do anything. I don't want us to get any worse a relationship over a **** arguement.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice

Those strips in red CLEARLY show you didn't read the posts. BrawlMatt was supporting Ness and Toad, which everyone believed to be deconfirmed.

I simply ask why he thinks they have a chance, and he just personally attacks me. Looks like someone better revise their arguement.
Stop acting all innocent, you better appreciate this cause it took a while, here's all your personal attacks on others:

"Now I have to check back to see for idiots calling me out.

What the hell? You're just following him. Listen, this guy's no better than Harry. He just leeches on and goes with the flow then flames me out of no where for no good, or any reason. He/She/It has left me with bashing as an answer. The only difference, is the type of troll here.
You need to shut up, make friends, and visit at set time frames.

All you are is nothing more than a mental depressant.

You need to shut up before I bring the big guns.

You need to learn how to grow up and more importantly, shut up.

You're really a loser, aren't you? Why should I have to teach some troll a life lesson?

You really need to stop being a go-with-the-flow rule commander. It's like that Smart kid in my class that always follows me and wears hoodies and eats gum.

I mean, you've never really "moditered my posts". Your opinion of me consists of what the majority says which is suprisingly wrong in here. You REALLY, need to adapt a new attitude, I'm not that fond of it.

I will when you stop backseat moderating and that SSB64 avatar guy shuts up. You're just annoying, though.

Who the hell watches Yu-Gi-Ho? Don't you tell me to get a life.

You really, really need to get a life.

You sure you smart?"

The fact that in almost every post by you there's an insult, or something directed offensively towards someone I think shows something.

And yeah, I did read. How about you come up with a reason as to why I'm not informed on the topic then just assuming I didn't read it?

EPX2

Smash Ace
If you really want to be this way, we'll agree to disagree. I fail to see how your continuous avoidance of my points and our spamming of the Toad thread overall would do anything. I don't want us to get any worse a relationship over a **** arguement.
I'm not conceding anything until you stop misrepresenting myself and what I've done in this topic. I have not attacked you in this topic, contrary to what you've claimed. I have not attacked your intelligence in this topic, contrary to what you've claimed. I have not flamed you in this topic, contrary to what you've claimed. I've already addressed why I wouldn't ignore you - twice, mind you - which is the only point of yours you claimed that I ignored, so what else am I ignoring?

By the way, if you can't find these flaming posts I supposedly made, at least say, "I can't find these posts." Some form of acknowledgement of my requests would be nice.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Provoking one is flaming.

I'll ignore your future posts and go off on the impression that we have agreed to disagree.

EPX2

Smash Ace
To flame is to insult. To provoke is to antagonize. You could claim that my other post was one made to provoke (though you'd really have to skew the meaning of the word), but there is no way to label it as insulting.

As I said, I'm not conceding anything until you stop misrepresenting me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I made this YEARS ago, but I thought I should post it here

TOAD!!!

Up+B= Para-cap (very vulnerable in this position)
B= spore shot (doesn’t move foes much. Like Weezing smog)
side+B= Super powerful Hammer Swing (slow but strong)
Down+B= Protective turn into mushroom move. (Cannot take damage but can be picked up and thrown)

These moves are just proposed.

1sta=jab
2nda=jab
3rda=sweep
continuous= underhand swipe (starts at feet and goes above head before being brought back down at the opposite side)

A (while dashing) dive while holding hammer forward.

Smash+A- Swing Hammer in desired direction: overhead arc, Forward arc, lower sweep/spin

Tilt+A- Spin mallet overhead, jab forward, sweep.

Grab+:
A= pummel with mallet
Forward= use mallet like baseball bat
Back= turn-around throw
Up= holds foe overhead with left hand and spins hammer above head with right, hitting them for decent damage, but doesn't hit them far.
Down= Guillotine technique with mallet

Midair:
A= summersault
Forward+ a= mallet swing
Back+a= dropkick
Down+a= head drop
Up+a= upper arc

(Out of 10)

Size: 2
Power: 3 (though some moves are far more powerful)
Durability: 2
Jump: 4 (floating really makes it closer to a 7 though)
Speed: 6
Projectile or melee: melee

Toad: This exceptionally small character is very lightweight and is thusly quite fast and hard to hit, but easy to knock off of the edge. His soft squishy body, however, has an incredibly unique property. His body randomly bounces tremendously or not at all off of terrain when slammed against it. It also has the ability to halve the distance a physical move can send him flying; however, an energy based attack or an explosion sends him reeling. This unique ability causes opponents to rethink how best to deal with toad.
When fighting with toad, it is best to get close and then stay there; your tiny, stubborn fighter will rack up damage with a surprising efficiency due to his powerful mallet.

If aggressive: Use toad to quickly get in close to an opponent and use rolls and quick attacks to rack up damage then use side+B to knock off opponent.

If defensive: Don't use toad. Most projectiles are energy based and send toad flying.

If you love to be in the melee: Be careful, toad can't afford to take too much damage and characters like mewtwo, Zelda and ness have so many energy attacks that toad can't stand a fight with these characters for long. Use Down+B to turn into an invulnerable mushroom if you get into trouble, but beware, in this stance you can be picked up and thrown.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The only reason why I would want TOAD to be in is for him to serve as Comic mischief (though we have Wario)

He'd HAVE to be a fast character, especially when he CARRIES stuff or other characters. :D Like he was in SMB2.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't really want him in.

I don't want ANY more characters from the Mario franchise (I could let Geno slide).

We need other franchises to be represented. Make no mistake, we don't need any more Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, nor any other over-represented franchise.

It's time to dig out the great classics.

-Duck Hunt
-Balloon Fight/Kid
-Muddy Mole
-Punch Out
-Mach Rider
-StarTropics

We've been lucky with Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus and Game and Watch.. yet they're not quite enough since they're not that well known, even for Nintendo vets. Kid Icarus was somewhat known, thanks to Captain N show. But I doubt hardly anyone besides Sakurai played Ice Climbers back in 1984.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Wow Meta_Sonic64 you've got a hard head! YOU say he won't make it. WE (well most of us) say he has a chance. Don't try to convince us he won't ever make it. Okay he will most likely not be in but still we are hoping he will be cause he does deserve it. And you should respect our opinion.

Anyway, if some people didn't know, in Melee there was a "Toad rumor": a person made a fake picture of Toad being unlocked and being used and fooled thousands of people. I think he said you unlocked him by shooting all the credits or something.
I guess this slightly helps his chances right? I am not sure Sakurai even knows about this but still.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If there's any other Mario character that deserves a spot, it's Bowser Jr. He's becoming more popular and starting to appear in major titles.
I don't want any more Mario characters SPECIALLY Bowser Jr. for the love of God, another Koopa villain... I'm not even going to start an argument on how unoriginal I think he is. Been there a lot. :/

If he's in, he's in though. Not gonna grieve about it. It's not my say after all. I'm not doing the game, so if Sakurai believe his inclusion over obscurer characters will make more money outta Brawl, then there's no helping it..

To me Bowser Jr. is just a pile of $$$, and no where NEAR original-character-quality.
(Don't need to remind me on Sunshine or NSMB or Galaxy)

I'm personally wishing he doesn't waste a character slot. But if he does... well, screw him. I won't let him ruin a game of a lifetime.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Wow Meta_Sonic64 you've got a hard head! YOU say he won't make it. WE (well most of us) say he has a chance. Don't try to convince us he won't ever make it. Okay he will most likely not be in but still we are hoping he will be cause he does deserve it. And you should respect our opinion.

Anyway, if some people didn't know, in Melee there was a "Toad rumor": a person made a fake picture of Toad being unlocked and being used and fooled thousands of people. I think he said you unlocked him by shooting all the credits or something.
I guess this slightly helps his chances right? I am not sure Sakurai even knows about this but still.
I respect your opinion and I still could care less about Toad. You can say what you want about his chances, but the closest thing he will ever be to playable is Peach's moveset(she shouldn't even be in the game either) or a simple sticker. There's many other deserving franchises that have yet to be represented and you want some little humanoid mushroom that can only perform generic punches and kicks. Waste of a space.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

You all think he STILL has a chance? I didn't think I'd have to do this, sorry, but here's the truth :

I believe everyone here acknowledge's Toad's deconfirmation except you, and Brawlmatt. I guess, that sums it up. Don't worry, he has a helluva chance for SSB4.
FAIL, Sonic is who has to be the FASTEST, and is.
Stop saying fail, and who cares if Sonic's fast? Mewtwo's one of the fastest pokeymanz(and jello puddin') in his games! Look at him in Melee! That's not fast at all. Hell, even Pichu was faster, and he sure wasn't in the games.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I don't really want him in.

I don't want ANY more characters from the Mario franchise (I could let Geno slide).

We need other franchises to be represented. Make no mistake, we don't need any more Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, nor any other over-represented franchise.

It's time to dig out the great classics.

-Duck Hunt
-Balloon Fight/Kid
-Muddy Mole
-Punch Out
-Mach Rider
-StarTropics

We've been lucky with Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus and Game and Watch.. yet they're not quite enough since they're not that well known, even for Nintendo vets. Kid Icarus was somewhat known, thanks to Captain N show. But I doubt hardly anyone besides Sakurai played Ice Climbers back in 1984.
...You want to take out spots that are extremely deserving and need representation for a bunch of Assist Trophys?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You all think he STILL has a chance? I didn't think I'd have to do this, sorry, but here's the truth :

I believe everyone here acknowledge's Toad's deconfirmation except you, and Brawlmatt. I guess, that sums it up. Don't worry, he has a helluva chance for SSB4.

Stop saying fail, and who cares if Sonic's fast? Mewtwo's one of the fastest pokeymanz(and jello puddin') in his games! Look at him in Melee! That's not fast at all. Hell, even Pichu was faster, and he sure wasn't in the games.
That's Melee, this is Brawl. And I agree with the first part of your post, as Brawlmatt has a hard time accepting the fact of deconfirmation(example being Ness).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
How is a ripoff Baby Bowser deserving over the CLASSICS that MADE Nintendo??

Bowser Jr. is ANOTHER Mario character, ANOTHER villain, ANOTHER Bowser. Named BOWSER JR.
reeks originality. :/

Any of those franchises characters I mentioned could wipe the floor with the little punk. AND they're MUCH more important to Nintendo than some recycled Baby Bowser.

A bunch of assist trophies? It was a huge disappointment that LITTLE MAC, being on the first Boxing game in Nintendo, was turned into an assist. That sets up a TERRIBLE example.

Mach Rider practically MADE F-Zero, for all you C.Falcon fans.

Duck Hunt was an AWESOME technological advance with the zapper, so mind you, the Duck Hunt Dog is x10 times more deserving than that Bowser ripoff.

Balloon Fight was not only a very unique videogame experience, the multiplayer in that game was fun. I'd gladly take Balloon Kid over New Super Mario Bros. ANY DAY.

And don't even get me started on StarTropics...

(Sheesh... Nintendo.. you should release at least 20 games for the VC every week... these kids need to be shown that good games aren't necesarily popular ones...) -_-

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

Bowser Jr. is ANOTHER Mario character, ANOTHER villain, ANOTHER Bowser. Named BOWSER JR.

Any of those franchises characters I mentioned could wipe the floor with the little punk. AND they're MUCH more important to Nintendo than some recycled Baby Bowser.

A bunch of assist trophies? It was a huge disappointment that LITTLE MAC, being on the first Boxing game in Nintendo, was turned into an assist. That sets up a TERRIBLE example.

Duck Hunt was an AWESOME technological advance with the zapper, so mind you, the Duck Hunt Dog is x10 times more deserving than that Bowser ripoff.

Balloon Fight was not only a very unique videogame experience, the multiplayer in that game was fun. I'd gladly take Balloon Kid over New Super Mario Bros. ANY DAY.

(Sheesh... Nintendo.. you should release at least 20 games for the VC every week... these kids need to be shown that good games aren't necesarily popular ones...) -_-
Is that the only argument you guys have for Jr. "He's just another Baby Bowser with a different name." Lack of originality eh? I'm sure a humanoid plant is pretty original. What can Toad possibly do other than get beaten up all the time, scream, and play sports?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Is that the only argument you guys have for Jr. "He's just another Baby Bowser with a different name." Lack of originality eh? I'm sure a humanoid plant is pretty original. What can Toad possibly do other than get beaten up all the time, scream, and play sports?

A kid turtle that can breath fire, paint graffiti, wears a Hanky on his Mouth, and star antagonist of quite a few new Mario games, isn't original.

Thanks for your opinions: EVERY RETRO/CLASSIC GAME STAR THAT I HAPPEN TO LIEK IS BETAR THAN BOWSR JR . Let's now look at the facts:

• He starred in many recent cannon games.
  • He has quite a bit of a fanbase.
  • MANY more antagonists will take a spot in Brawl.
  • He appeared in many games, or at least more than the ones that you listed.
  • He's unforgettable, and a character with quite the attitude.

You better not be implying that I'm a kid, otherwise irony will be falcon punching soon enough.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

Metaknight, you should know by now that I acknowledge Toad wont be in Brawl. Seriously, you're killing the belief of that with your poor arguements.
How are my arguments poor? By saying he's a filler character that doesn't really do much(in other words, facts about Toad)? By saying that someone like Bowser Jr. is more deserving? I don't see how those are poor arguments when you are basically assisting them

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
How are my arguments poor? By saying he's a filler character that doesn't really do much(in other words, facts about Toad)? By saying that someone like Bowser Jr. is more deserving? I don't see how those are poor arguments when you are basically assisting them
How is V supporting Toad and turning down Bowser Jr.?
A kid turtle that can paint graffiti, wear a Hanky on his Mouth(with a mouth drawn on it), and star antagonist of quite a few new Mario games, isn't original.

Thanks for your opinions: EVERY RETRO/CLASSIC GAME STAR THAT I HAPPEN TO LIEK IS BETAR THAN BOWSR JR . Let's now look at the facts:

• He starred in many recent cannon games.
  • He has quite a bit of a fanbase.
  • MANY more antagonists will take a spot in Brawl.
  • He appeared in many games, or at least more than the ones that you listed.
  • He's unforgettable, and a character with quite the attitude.

You better not be implying that I'm a kid, otherwise irony will be falcon punching soon enough.
That's Baby Bowser... lol!
Whoops, my bad..

Fawriel

Smash Master
Dude. That's, like, the worst argument ever.

Mushrooms aren't plants. D=

Settle down, Beavis!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Toad has been in the background and Jr. wasn't even created until Sunshine. Atleast Jr. has a role and actually does something constructive. Using your logic, I can guess you can say someone like Waddle Dee would be more deserving than Knuckle Joe., huh?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Toad has been in the background and Jr. wasn't even created until Sunshine. Atleast Jr. has a role and actually does something constructive. Using your logic, I can guess you can say someone like Waddle Dee would be more deserving than Knuckle Joe., huh?
Toad has been playable not only in Mario Advance, but in all of the Mario Spinoffs, comparing Toad to a waddle dee is very idiotic, you can at least compare him to the Moogle of Final Fantasy.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Toad has been playable not only in Mario Advance, but in all of the Mario Spinoffs, comparing Toad to a waddle dee is very idiotic, you can at least compare him to the Moogle of Final Fantasy.
Well the way you sounded, was very much like comparing that situation to the Kirby series. Plenty of generic enemies are in the spinoffs as well, what's your point. Nothing, b/c your only left with 1 game.

Top Bottom